Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Still not sure why the BBC are treating this as a Super Important Political Event rather than two cretins desperately scrambling to prove their own relevance.

Seriously, the 'post-debate analysis' on the news channel right now is ridiculously over the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

KKKlean Energy posted:

An American import, sadly. Just wait until they wheel out the "body language experts"

Sounds like Farage 'won', according the experts. How many points do you need to win Politics?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, there's perfectly good leftist reasons for leaving the EU; neoliberalism being practically enshrined in law for starters.

As it is, Nick Clegg is challenging crypto-fascist jingoistic bollocks with liberal jingoistic bollocks.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Apparently Sheffield's half-marathon was cancelled this morning because the organisers hadn't supplied any water, but lots of people ran it anyway and had local people supplying them with drinks :3:

e: Although it seems like the police are trying to stop people who are trying to run :confused:

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 6, 2014

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Well, it's St George's day and so liberals are trotting out this kind of cringey bullshit: http://labourlist.org/2014/04/england-has-a-radical-tradition-labour-can-embrace/

How can we combat the insidious rise of nationalism and bullshit regressive 'traditional values'? Why, with our own slightly different kind of nationalism and bullshit regressive 'traditional values' of course.

This 'fighting patriotism with patriotism' thing that comes up every time a new right-wing nationalist party turns up is The Worst.

• Locked thread