Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Zephro posted:

My one hope is that when they all start to die the glut of supply will cause a price crash.

I'm going to break a tenner by buying three houses and having two demolished.

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Trickjaw posted:

Exactly my thoughts. Farage grandstands easily understood concepts ('To keep up with immigration we will have to build a city the size of Manchester every 4 years!' whilst Clegg dickered around mumbling about the buts and bolts that is too boring for the general public to digest.

Yeah, Farage might have been speaking absolute lunacy, but gently caress, at least he knows how to speak in soundbites. For someone who is supposedly Deputy PM, Clegg really needs some basic PR training.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Eeeesh. Cringing at them using the name Dan Ashcroft to comment on a Mail article.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

For the next two weeks, I'm still a team member of the Prince's Trust, so until then, I'm in favour of monarchy.

Come the 25th, when I'm finished with them, viva la revolution.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

I am a proud supporter of Glasgow's second team.

Partick Thistle

It's funny because it used to be a joke but now it's just factually accurate :v:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Touchdown Boy posted:

Because thats how Capitalism gets everyone hooked in, then its too late.

Until we live in Full Communism Utopia, unless one wants to be homeless and starving to death, one MUST participate in Capitalism, to have any kind of reliable quality of life.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 14, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm amazed he even noticed, he already spends plenty of time around venomous invertebrates.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Semprini posted:

Start a business that's mostly cash-based (taxi driver, car wash etc). Report to taxman that you're the best drat car wash in town, just look at all these profits.

There's more to it than that, obviously, but old bill watching the thread etc...

I'm disappointed that it didn't live up to my mental image of a drug dealer writing out receipts.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

kingturnip posted:

I guess I could try playing the old 'Sachin was the best Pakistani cricketer ever' card

I have a friend from Canberra who got into a 45-minute argument with an Indian call-centre worker between Sachin or Donald Bradman being the best cricketer ever.

I've seen holy wars with less passion.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

But were the trains OK? :ohdear:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Meanwhile, in Thatcher's Britain(tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Serotonin posted:

Probably sensible really. It's a big gamble as it's a safe Tory seat.

On the other hand: HA HA HA BIG loving BOTTLE MERCHANT

• Locked thread