Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

psydude posted:

Oh good, the new evaluation system automatically logs you out if there's no change in your session state after 5 minutes.

In other words, if you spend more than 5 minutes, say, typing up your performance objectives and achievements, you'll lose all of your work. Way to loving go, Army.

Force shaping in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freaktrain
Jun 11, 2012

Choo choo!

psydude posted:

Oh good, the new evaluation system automatically logs you out if there's no change in your session state after 5 minutes.

In other words, if you spend more than 5 minutes, say, typing up your performance objectives and achievements, you'll lose all of your work. Way to loving go, Army.

It's because they presume that all soldiers are dumb, and should stick to typing small words that don't take long to think about.

* Excells at PT
* Flings poop at officers
* Makes good coffee

See? That took me about eighteen seconds.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
After 11 days in the field - woulda been 12, but I got the FSC commander to hook us up with an early exfil - we didn't even get a 3-day. In fact, we were all supposed to work on Saturday and Sunday (AARs and some closing ceremony or some poo poo) but fortunately all the higher-ups decided that they didn't want to work over the weekend either. None of them were out there with my company, naturally.

We get this Friday off, but somehow I feel like that doesn't make up for missing two weekends in a row and living in 0-20 degree weather the whole time.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Martello posted:

After 11 days in the field - woulda been 12, but I got the FSC commander to hook us up with an early exfil - we didn't even get a 3-day. In fact, we were all supposed to work on Saturday and Sunday (AARs and some closing ceremony or some poo poo) but fortunately all the higher-ups decided that they didn't want to work over the weekend either. None of them were out there with my company, naturally.

We get this Friday off, but somehow I feel like that doesn't make up for missing two weekends in a row and living in 0-20 degree weather the whole time.

gently caress, I'm getting this frying pan to fire feeling about Korea -> Drum.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Martello posted:

I just came back from a deployment and they told us that since we had so much downtime while deployed (I guess 4-5 days a week outside of the wire isn't enough) we don't get any time off except block leave. Never mind that we missed like 3 major holidays and the group had a 4 day the week before we came back...

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Lmao u noobs got owned

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

doogle posted:

I just came back from a deployment and they told us that since we had so much downtime while deployed (I guess 4-5 days a week outside of the wire isn't enough) we don't get any time off except block leave. Never mind that we missed like 3 major holidays and the group had a 4 day the week before we came back...

2CR?

doogle
May 24, 2003

Psyop

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Hahaha. Hey guys, being in college since Iraq ended was great. What did I miss? Afghanistan? What's that?

I'm sure karma will get me in the end.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Signaleer posted:

What did I miss? Afghanistan? What's that?

The gayest of the gay.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
And I went from Germany -> College -> Germany. I'm long overdue a visit by the green weenie.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
86 degrees out

heat still on in the barracks

thank god they got sleeve tattoos under control

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Cole posted:

Lmao u noobs got owned

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
http://www.kcentv.com/story/25146842/reports-of-shooting-on-fort-hood

???

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Jesus Christ Fort Hood stop harboring psychopaths.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

My buddy there just posted about it. Goddamn.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Its pretty hosed up. One more reason I can't wait for my wife to finish her contract so we can get out of this poo poo hole for good.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I for one am all for keeping the shooters at Fort Hood, at least until I ETS anyway. Then they can shoot up Benning once a week for all I give a poo poo.

Burn in hell, army.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
What the hell, I was reading an article 30 minutes ago about how the Army was on high alert looking for something like this but from a kid out of Kansas that hadnt enlisted yet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Burn in hell, army.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
There should be a White House petition to authorize combat patches and imminent danger pay for Fort Hood. They see more action than anyone in Kuwait ever did.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

genderstomper58...

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
someone probably got pissed that the heat is still on in the barracks

i know it's made me want to shoot someone a time or two

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
the heat comes from hell

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ah crap, it's at the medical brigade at Fort Hood. I worked with a bunch of them when I was deployed, the CSH group was a fun team for the most part. :(

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
http://www.kcentv.com/story/25146842/reports-of-shooting-on-fort-hood

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Worse than Hitler.

Isimoad
Sep 8, 2010
100% accountability formation at CP when this is over YAY!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He's been identified as 34 year old Ivan Lopez. One news source on Twitter said he's an Army Spc but take that with a grain of salt

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shyduck posted:

He's been identified as 34 year old Ivan Lopez. One news source on Twitter said he's an Army Spc but take that with a grain of salt

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

That guy looks like the kind of guy just waiting to loving SNAP.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Carteret posted:

That guy looks like the kind of guy just waiting to loving SNAP.
Just sittin' here in my uniform, tying flies.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hmm. I think we have a few people at the Ft. Hood WTU.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My friend was there for the first one and is there for this one as well.

Im not gonna get stationed with him anymore, this poo poo seems to follow him

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Whats up with this dude? Media is saying he deployed but no combat, no injuries. What is the whole PTSD angle?

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Separation anxiety from his iphone.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Kanish posted:

Whats up with this dude? Media is saying he deployed but no combat, no injuries. What is the whole PTSD angle?

PTSD is just "Post-traumatic stress disorder", not "combat-related stress disorder". Technically, victims of spousal abuse or people who got picked on too much in basic can have PTSD. People don't know poo poo about soldiers and anytime someone puts "mental disorder" near "servicemember", the American public immediately thinks "Oh! PTSD!"

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
someone who used to post here got a 100% ptsd rating for looking at pictures of drone strikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

someone who used to post here got a 100% ptsd rating for looking at pictures of drone strikes

And now he's a twitter sjw super-star!

• Locked thread