Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

someone took butterbar literally

Only thing I can think of is that's a CW4 or 5 to stay in like that. I can't see an actual butter bar staying in looking like that unless they've got pictures or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mambo italiano
Apr 4, 2009
Heh, every time she is shuttled in a helicopter the pilots notice a gain in fuel consumption and the cheif has to get her weight for load balance.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

she doesn't get shuttled, she gets carried by a chinook

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

sforzacio posted:

she doesn't get shuttled, she gets carried by a chinook

She gets sling-loaded

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm guessing she's a CW4 and not a 1LT based on age and girth.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how someone could get that fat in such a short amount of time.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

psydude posted:

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how someone could get that fat in such a short amount of time.

Marriage

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Taking Meals Ready to Eat literally and eating 3 a day while not doing anything physical.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Dependapotamus-to-Green

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
This is what it looks like when you stay pregnant for the entire GWOT to dodge deployment.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I wonder when the Army took the crown from the Navy as the fat branch?

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

psydude posted:

I wonder when the Army took the crown from the Navy as the fat branch?

the surge

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
We call it "the bulge"

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/veteran-badly-injured-after-attack-outside-of-7-eleven-store-in-westland

A guy I deployed with got the poo poo kicked out of him because there are black people in the military.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Cole posted:

14 days left. Knowing my luck there will be a shooter threat and post will get locked down for three days and gently caress my out processing up.

It happened two days after I left.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Apparently the dude was denied emergency leave to go to his mother's funeral and that's what set him off. Not justifying the shooting but wouldn't a red cross letter like that pretty much demand emergency leave be granted, what's so important that a dude can't go home on a red cross call? Seems like if that is true then the motive is really clear and the army continues to be gay as ever.

Even the shittastic units of the 82d will be building your leave packet the instant they get a call, something tells me that there has to be more to the story because that seems a bit too Big Green Weenie to be true.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Justin Tyme posted:

too Big Green Weenie to be true.

What

We were in the field and I let one of my dudes use my phone since his wife was like a week before popping out a baby and he wanted to check on her. Turns out she was bleeding everywhere out of her vag and was on her way to the ER. I went and talked to the PSG about it.

"You know you're not supposed to have phones in the field right?"

I got counseled and he was told he had to come back the next morning after p much begging to let him go see her.

Cole fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 5, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cole posted:

What

We were in the field and I let one of my dudes use my phone since his wife was like a week before popping out a baby and he wanted to check on her. Turns out she was bleeding everywhere out of her vag and was on her way to the ER. I went and talked to the PSG about it.

I got counseled and he was told he had to come back the next morning after p much begging to let him go see her.

poo poo, we send people back home from Afghanistan for less than that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Cole posted:

What

I don't even. :psyduck:

The worst that happened to me was my old 1SG trying to send me to Iraq early after I had appendix surgery. Literally the day I get released he says "Get your poo poo packed, cause you're leaving." Apparently, he thought I was faking it despite having been taken to and released from an Army Hospital and fresh sutures on my stomach.

Then recently, I had leg surgery, my commander calls me back in to work during my con leave. Apparently, this can happen. My doctor was incredulous about the whole situation.

Army does not give a gently caress about your health.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
I can't wait to see the butthurt on my NCOs faces when it comes time for command and I start preaching from the gospel of common sense. I fully expect that if I make it to retirement, I'll retire as a Major.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The military is just one big Stanford Prison Experiment.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

Apparently the dude was denied emergency leave to go to his mother's funeral and that's what set him off. Not justifying the shooting but wouldn't a red cross letter like that pretty much demand emergency leave be granted, what's so important that a dude can't go home on a red cross call? Seems like if that is true then the motive is really clear and the army continues to be gay as ever.

Even the shittastic units of the 82d will be building your leave packet the instant they get a call, something tells me that there has to be more to the story because that seems a bit too Big Green Weenie to be true.

If this turns out to be true it is going to be a colossal public relations poo poo show. The media narrative will write itself, and it won't be pretty.

Of course I also know what the reality will be that never shows up in the media. Someone of high rank will print some words and tell everyone else to do that, someone of middle rank will be a sacrificial goat thrown to the media wolves to get hosed up for life and everybody of low rank will get locked down, power pointed at for a few days and told in no uncertain terms that if any of them try the same thing everyone will be watching for it and gently caress their world up six ways from Sunday right from the start.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My current run in with medical has been going on since about August, but my unit has been super chill about it. I think the TBI clinic actually called them up and spelled out the situation for them, and they don't hassle me about poo poo.

However, in Korea, that was a completely different story. Broke both bones in my forearm, hosed up my wrist after getting voluntold for something by the battalion commander. That same fucker wanted as many vehicles as he could possibly squeeze into a gunnery to make his dick hard or something, so he told my commander and first sergeant that I was driving a tank. Despite that I couldn't pass the gunnery skills test with one arm, and I was a major safety problem. And forget about how I'd have to steer a tank with one arm.

Fortunately the Ortho doc that I went to see in Yongsan, a full bird colonel, told me straight up that 2-9 loves to abuse their soldiers, and he gave me a card with his cell phone number on it. I let first sergeant know I was gonna give him a call, and he was all for it. That first sergeant owned bones. I think it took all of 2 hours, and I got word that I was gonna be in headquarters platoon for gunnery, doing support and not driving.

gently caress 2-9, gently caress Korea, docs who actually give a poo poo and know the right people loving rule.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Cole posted:

What

This kind of stuff sends me up the wall. The right response is "good job for using your personal judgement in taking care of your soldier. By the way don't bring your phone to the field, we all know its so you can keep up with Grindr."

Or your soldier's wife should be set up to use the right mechanism to communicate in an emergency.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

psydude posted:

The military is just one big Stanford Prison Experiment.

quoted for loving truth.

My knee is permanently hosed up because of a combination of bad diagnosis, a typically outstanding leader getting piss in his cereal, and first shirt who thought only malingerers get hurt on airborne ops.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I had a goiter and lost 30lbs in 30 days. Post Medics said I was malingering. It took going to Yongsan and discovering I had a loving Heart Arrhythmia for them to send me to Tripler and get my thyroid out. From getting sick to getting treatment it only took them 6 loving months. gently caress the Army, gently caress 8th Army.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Carteret posted:

From getting sick to getting treatment it only took them 6 loving months.

This is normal standard of care I've experienced.

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

Soulex posted:

This is expedited care compared to what most enlisted soldiers experience.

Ftfy

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Soulex posted:

This is normal standard of care I've experienced.

x2, if I wrote my loving story along with im sure most of your guys' it would go on the front offucking cnn or some poo poo. Its loving sad what goes on

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

bulletsponge13 posted:

quoted for loving truth.

My knee is permanently hosed up because of a combination of bad diagnosis, a typically outstanding leader getting piss in his cereal, and first shirt who thought only malingerers get hurt on airborne ops.

Same, only its my hips

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Not US Army, but I broke my hand and wrist in three places and was told to get back to work for a month before someone realized it was more than a sprain. The medics also put a left-hand brace on my right hand.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

to the civilian reading this thread, it sounds like we're just quoting the Duffel Blog. but thus is life

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

sforzacio posted:

to the civilian reading this thread, it sounds like we're just quoting the Duffel Blog. but thus is life

fwiw most civilians read duffleblog as fact anyway

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cole posted:

no worse than reading armytimes as fact

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Just got back from NTC on Friday. gently caress that loving place. Had to come in on Saturday to do POV inspections and multiple counselings because of the shooter on Hood. gently caress this loving place.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

sforzacio posted:

Cole posted:

Wait what? Pollard wasn't accidentally repatriated to Iran??

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So the CSM stopped by the range today on BAF and wanted to know why we didn't have blank firing adapters on our weapons.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Don't want to negligently injure a Taliban one of our esteemed and in no way untrustworthy or biding his time and waiting to murder you in your sleep Afghan partners.

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

psydude posted:

So the CSM stopped by the range today on BAF and wanted to know why we didn't have blank firing adapters on our weapons.

It's okay, they're a CSM. Their job has nothing to do with soldier skills or training anymore, and pretty much is exclusively about making sure uniforms look good, the grass is cut, and ceremonies maintain a proper level of military stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

How much control do Army Reserve/National Guard SMP cadets get over branching? Is it possible to be guaranteed a slot in an open vacancy or at least a branch?

• Locked thread