Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I already pay for upkeep in the place I live now since my arrangement with the landlord is pretty informal, and plumbing/heating/electrical all that is actually newer in the potential house than in the one I live in now. The only thing that I can't really factor in for cost is the idea of being tied down to the area and that is definitely a downside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Branis posted:

I already pay for upkeep in the place I live now since my arrangement with the landlord is pretty informal, and plumbing/heating/electrical all that is actually newer in the potential house than in the one I live in now. The only thing that I can't really factor in for cost is the idea of being tied down to the area and that is definitely a downside.

Are you on the hook for a new roof? A new drain field? Bringing wiring up to code? Replacing appliances? Whoops your foundation needs some work and as a result you have to jack up the house to fix it...

Listen man, live the American Dream and all, but buying a house to pay less in rent is a bad plan.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I bought a house because my mortgage for a 3 bedroom house is cheaper than rent for a 1 bedroom apartment.

This is very similar to my situation.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Please don't buy a house. Get out of your dumb, terrible state.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I could go to albuquerque, i'm sure they will be hiring once the DOJ gets done with them.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
I just bought a house and most people think I'm nuts.

I picked up a 120-odd square foot tiny house built onto a trailer. Got a good deal on it and now that i'm retired (unemployed), I know that I own a home and all I need to do is find a place to park it when I'm ready to move.

It's definitely not for everybody and I'm still getting used to it so can't say how it'll be for long-term living but it has everything my dog and I need to be comfortable for at least a year or so. Less of an investment than a nice car so even if it ends up being a total bust and I hate it I can deal with the financial hit with little extra work.

Either way you go, good luck!

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

SrgMagnum posted:

I just bought a house and most people think I'm nuts.

I picked up a 120-odd square foot tiny house built onto a trailer. Got a good deal on it and now that i'm retired (unemployed), I know that I own a home and all I need to do is find a place to park it when I'm ready to move.

It's definitely not for everybody and I'm still getting used to it so can't say how it'll be for long-term living but it has everything my dog and I need to be comfortable for at least a year or so. Less of an investment than a nice car so even if it ends up being a total bust and I hate it I can deal with the financial hit with little extra work.

Either way you go, good luck!

I legit would live in one of those houses. Give me one of these, a medical marijuana card and the pacific coast and i'd be a happy man.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I bought a house because my mortgage for a 3 bedroom house is cheaper than rent for a 1 bedroom apartment.

What's your mortgage rate at??

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I bought my place for 89k and the property taxes now say its worth 150k. 2.9apr :smug:

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Branis posted:

I legit would live in one of those houses. Give me one of these, a medical marijuana card and the pacific coast and i'd be a happy man.

Brother, give me a few days and I'll get some pictures of my place together. The guy that builds them is a retired cop out of Tennessee and is a hell of a good dude.

poo poo, I'm retired in California about twenty minutes from the coast. I haven't gotten a card yet but being retired means its time.

So far I love living in it. I did a week and a half in it finishing the work near Memphis and then driving it home to SF. The loft is one of the most comfortable places I've ever slept. It's not roomy but its got enough space to feel very cozy and not confining.

SrgMagnum fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 13, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Reign Of Pain posted:

I bought my place for 89k and the property taxes now say its worth 150k. 2.9apr :smug:

Hate you (bought at 6.5% lol)

Refi'd it down, tho :)

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Ok who pissed in GBS's cheerios. I love that they always end up in a fight with each other to see who's king poo poo.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Untagged posted:

Ok who pissed in GBS's cheerios. I love that they always end up in a fight with each other to see who's king poo poo.

Trick question. If GBS had cheerios they would have eaten them.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Untagged posted:

What happened what did I miss

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
There's a 55 page thread titled "cops makin me lol" but I can't be bothered to read the thing.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

beanieson posted:

There's a 55 page thread titled "cops makin me lol" but I can't be bothered to read the thing.

It actually was a pretty good thread until the gently caress the police crowd overran it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The last few pages have been two dudes fighting over who the biggest loser is and holy gently caress it's funny.

Other than that, the usual gently caress the police stuff.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
you can just about assume anything in Gbs is a shitshow, even if it doesn't start out that way. Also Game of thrones.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Mad Men too :munch:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

beanieson posted:

Mad Men too :munch:

Literally a 1960's based soap opera

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
That gbs thread is worth going through just for the gifs...no point in reading the equivalent of youtube comments

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Please make this the official image when a discussion starts to repeat itself, ok? Thanks.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Why the hell does whip keep probating himself?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
weird form of self flagellation for a guilty conscience

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

beanieson posted:

this most recent one was from an admin

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
at his own request :wth:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

autoerotic probation

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I am shocked, shocked that an authority figure like Monsieur Slagcheek would turn out to be a hard M

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

beanieson posted:

He released becoming a mod was a horrible mistake?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
loving Catholics

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
:jewish: supremacy

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Branis posted:

:jewish: supremacy

:happyelf:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
WTF. I go to Disney for a few days and I come back to Shitpost Bonanza in Ask A Cop. What the hell happened?

Whatever happened to posting about stupid brass, my hourly wage, and beanieson's mankini?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was in class when it first went to poo poo. I probated the guy that was stirring up most the poo poo, but I wasn't as clear as I should have been when I did it.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was in class when it first went to poo poo. I probated the guy that was stirring up most the poo poo, but I wasn't as clear as I should have been when I did it.

Ah, I see. I'm assuming it was bleed over from the GBS thread.

Still not as fun as the time around Dorner when someone started an A/T thread that got FYAD'd.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
All the shitposting reminds me of the dark days of Citycops AT threads before GIP existed.

For a feelgood story

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/trooper-steens-road-to-recovery/?id=163055

trooper got hit 18 months ago and everybody thought he would die, then he didn't and everybody thought he probably would be living in a nursing home and now he is back on the road.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Branis posted:

All the shitposting reminds me of the dark days of Citycops AT threads before GIP existed.

Before that we had Shachi's AT thread. Showing my age here.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Lolin' at all the non cops answering questions in the ask cop thread.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

Lolin' at all the non cops answering questions in the ask cop thread.

I say we stop posting in there and force everyone to have to post their questions at officer.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I say we stop posting in there and force everyone to have to post their questions at officer.com

God, I went back there for the first time in years the other day. That place sure did fall apart didn't it? Seems almost as angry as GBS these days.

• Locked thread