Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
I finally got rid of Comcast when they wouldn't replace the cable that runs from the pole to my house, even though the insulation was falling off of it in strips. My internet went out every time it rained and they would blame it on my modem. They refused to send out a tech. Jesus guys, that cable was installed 40 years ago. One day I finally said gently caress this, and took everything down to their office and canceled. I'm lucky Tacoma has two cable companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

kharaa posted:

I get 120/20 from comcast and only pay for 50/10. I make sure to avoid mentioning this any time I have to call them up because I'm afraid they'll gently caress my speed down to like 56k to make up for lost time

I also blow through their bandwidth "limit" like that dude further up the thread but they don't seem to give a singular poo poo

Yeah, my friend has the same thing. He's paying for Blast Plus, which is 50/10 but is getting 120/20. Comcast quite often sends the wrong boot file.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

a creepy colon posted:

comcast owns i pay 60$ a month and download at 6mbps constant. as long as you just get internet and NOTHING else they are great.

I'm paying $30 for 6mbps via cable. I can bump it up to 12mbps for $40. At speed you might do better paying for dsl.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
That's about what they charge for that speed. Christ.

• Locked thread