Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
John Rambo's disability claim must've been otherworldly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I enrolled in an English class focused on graphic novels. I figured it would be at least interesting. Nope. It's graphic novels and social justice. I was asked what my preferred gender pronouns were.

Dropped that in a heart beat.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Yea. It was bullshit. The syllabus listed all of these graphic novels we had to buy. The total for renting all used ones? 160 bucks. gently caress that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That sucks. I was going to swap the course with either an intro philosophy one (lots of reading, I imagine) or an activism class (taught by a girl who spent a month in Afghanistan investigating why America is the devil).

I settled on studying the history of theme parks as art.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

what graphic novels were listed? I really want to know.

No superhero smash up stuff. I was thinking this was going to be Watchmen type stuff but nope. Gender issues and African genocide.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

So no Preacher then.

What are Preacher's preferred gender pronouns?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

If Maus was on the list you could have done an ironic paper on how the cats persecute the mice for having a non-standard species identity and get taken completely seriously.

Maus was on the list.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Painsaw posted:

I got something like 60 credits from my 9 years of slavery, and not one of them applies towards my degree. gently caress.

104 credits. The school took 33.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

yeah but you went to a real school

I go to a real school. :saddowns:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

keep telling yourself that

You know I don't go to Devry right?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Sorry we all can't be phoenixes

American Military University is where I spend my GI Bill bennies at.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

please refer to them by the proper nomenclature of "disability disney dollars"

Are we not calling them VA fun bux any more?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

if your school takes more than 30ish credits it's probably more cause for alarm than anything

I had college credit from University of Maryland, Embry Riddle, and some other college that they took.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

My older brother has a BS in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle he got in the mid 90s. Nothing gets him so sad as hearing the private school he had to be in the top 7% of SAT scores to get in to is now a loving UoP substitute

Not my problem. I took one math class with them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's a genderqueer course list. I have no idea what they teach nor will I ever, ever find out ever.

quote:

LGQ 280
LGBTQ LITERATURE FROM THE ANCIENT WORLD TO THE RENAISSANCE
(UNDERGRADUATE)
This course looks at constructions of queer desire in texts of the Western tradition from ancient Judea, Greece, and Rome through the European Middle Ages and into the English Renaissance. We will also learn to perform "queer readings" on texts that may not at first glance seem all that queer. The course will range across many linguistic and cultural traditions. We will read non-English texts in translation, but we may consult the originals in class and certainly knowledge of an ancient tongue or modern Romance language will be useful (but not required-don't worry!). As the title implies, the course will proceed historically, but we will be returning throughout to some basic questions: in what sorts of contexts do we find queer resistance to heteronormative assumptions? do some literary genres seem more hospitable than others to representations of queer desire? how do representations of sexuality relate to larger notions of gender and social class? how do the constructions of queer desire we find here differ from modern lesbian and gay identities? This is a great opportunity to think about queer identity while reading and discussing some amazing texts.

bloops fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 3, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New Robocop is pretty good. the ED-209 bots are loving incredible.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The 80s Robocop is still perfect.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Please put this in the OP.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Your move, pig and phantom ball pain that may or may not be a real medical condition, but no one here is really in a place to speak authoritatively about it dude.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Man I loving love boobs.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Works this way too.

Gay, straight, lesbian, genderfluid, whatever. If you are incapable of appreciating a stellar rack then get the gently caress out of this planet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
post boobs

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/dPNidDx.jpg:nws:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

THESE ARE NOT BOOBS NO SIR

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Thank you. In return have this

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/P82srO9.gif:nws:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Ya, I'm going with the 256gb. I'm gonna be gone for roughly 2 weeks at a time, so having a ton of media would be nice.

A 128gb plus external hdd would be cheaper. Apple gouges on SSDs.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I have a Toshiba USB 3.0 one. It's going on a few years now. It should be said that any PC/laptop that can be upgraded on your own would be cheaper than letting the company do it for you. With macbooks, Apple ties your hands on it, though.

Now that I've said that, it'll fail here in the next week.

fake edit: two tags :smugdog:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Went to the office last night for work for the first time in a month. A coworker of mine just bought a 2007 BMW M5.

For $40k.

:stare:

He deserves that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

It's in good condition and poo poo, but holy loving poo poo KBB value for an excellent condition one is $24k.

For 40 grand, I'm buying a car that is a goddamn occasion to drive. A 2007 M5 is not that. gently caress, I'd rather spend a little over half that on a BRZ.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

gleep gloop posted:

Do what I did and get Obama to buy you a macbook with all the bells and whistles. Thanks Obama and Voc rehab!

Not on Voc Rehab. Bought a MB Retina refurbished for like 1200 a year or so ago.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Poli Sci sounds like a lot of lengthy rear end papers to write.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I imagine sliding a dick into a trans vagina is like stuffing a balled up receipt into a poorly sewn up pocket.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fister Roboto posted:

How dare you imply that there is literally any kind of difference between women and trans women. How dare you.

A trans woman is like a 2004 Sti. Sure it's an Sti and does pretty much what you want, but the owner probably did a hack job tune and there's a lot of hard miles on it. Most likely it has a re-build title, too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

But atleast the STI doesn't spend all day in tumblr bitching about how it got found out by some bigot at the bar because they spotted a crotch bulge and a 5 o'clock shadow

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'd gently caress the Its Always Sunny tranny if it was post-op and I was tipsy. But they're never that pretty irl

Please change title to April 2014 Vet Thread - I'd gently caress the It's Always Sunny tranny if it was post-op and I was tipsy.

I believe this would show solidarity with our trans forums members.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
She writes like most officers. Could be legit.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Some kid in a class of mine asked how long I was in for and then told me he's joining the Navy as a SWO. All I could say was sorry, but he kept parroting all of the cool recruiter lines at me.

Dumb kid.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If you don't like space (or prefer oceans) gently caress you.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Reminder: NASA drew a dick on Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Hereford. Nice house, too. Guy had money and lived well within his means by what I saw, just a trashy loving daughter

Well Yea. She married a dumb enlisted guy.

• Locked thread