Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

It's been a while, but I just remembered to look up the MACS on my boat from when I was in and was stationed on this boat. This happened during my time.

tldr: rir to e4, 6 months confinement for fraternization, disrespecting a superior officer and cruelty toward and maltreatment of four sailors who worked for him as first- and second-class petty officers.
http://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/bush-senior-chief-serve-6-months-lose-rank-cruelty-case

He also did a lot of other shady poo poo like on duty or in his free time, he would go out and spy on people to see if they were breaking any rules. Of course, that could just be scuttlebutt talk because I never saw anything on paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Squallege posted:

Can anyone stationed in Atsugi give me a run down of what actually goes on there? Especially for DCmen?

I don't even know what DCs would even hypothetically do here.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I don't even know what DCs would even hypothetically do here.

I dont think i've ran into a DC here on base yet. Maybe fire dept? but i think that's ran by the JMSDF guys, so I have no idea.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Chuckle posted:

I dont think i've ran into a DC here on base yet. Maybe fire dept? but i think that's ran by the JMSDF guys, so I have no idea.

Isn't there a fire school house where they teach aviation fire fighting? Just sit around do powerpoints and half assedly cover basics of equipment. Charge students $5 for galley meat hamburgers and hotdogs for FCPOA. Standard gig.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
They sent me to yokosuka for that. It's moved from the FCPOA to the chiefs gouging you for the hot dogs under the guise of something or other.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Instead of a selling food for a cheifs fundraiser they should turn tricks. Get your dick sucked by the chief that hates you, only 20 bucks!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sorry chief they already take $330 out of my paycheck a month for this food

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

orange juche posted:

No idea, I can't imagine what kind of order an officer could give regarding that.

E: holy gently caress he was making it! Wow I feel sorry for him if word gets around about what he did while he is in jail, wait no I don't I hope he gets a shank in his back.

Does this mean we are worse than the AF again?

That dude was on my ship. Glad he got what he got. He was always creeping on all the females and had sex with a few of them. Bet they feel real bad now. What's worse than his charges already?? It was with his own daughter. Sick gently caress.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why do people willingly invite their families on tiger cruises I just don't get it

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

Why do people willingly invite their families on tiger cruises I just don't get it

Because ships are awesome. Also, for the rest of your life when things are down you can always remember that at least you aren't underway.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yes mom buy that ticket to Hawaii so I can pay $95 to have you suffer with me and piss everyone off with longer chow lines :colbert:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

Yes mom buy that ticket to Hawaii so I can pay $95 to have you suffer with me and piss everyone off with longer chow lines :colbert:

For some reason I thought you were east coast, that makes more sense now. I would say gently caress the west coast but, I'm about the change reserve units so my ATs won't be in god awful Tampa but in Hawaii.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Christoff posted:

Subs do really cool poo poo on tiger cruises and I would've loved to show my dad or someone what it was like, a little. Plus at least on subs they're like only like three day outings.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Because some people's families love that poo poo and it's about them not you. Why they love it? Who the gently caress knows.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Christoff posted:

My Dad STILL talks about his tiger cruise experience. That was in 1996 on DD-966. We put him in coveralls and made him paint. He was thrilled.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I would totally suffer ship life for 2 weeks to show my dad a tiger cruise. I care about him way more than any fuckheads in the Navy, and he would think it's awesome.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I'm a semen, I mean Seaman, I haven't been a semen for 20 years.
I got to take my dad on a tiger cruise, which is a little more rare on subs. The best thing about it was from there on out he didn't really tell me to quit bitching about my job anymore. He knew, even in five days of eating chicken wheels and ice cream, that it was that bad. I made him stand watch with me on our 18 hour schedule, too...

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
My buddy's brother was on the Parche, so there's no chance she'd get a tiger cruise out of that. Ten years later I invited her on a tiger cruise on an SSN to Maui and she was totally geeked because she got to see, kind of, what her brother did for years. That was the least lovely cruise I ever did.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I met a radar tech dude that has a twin whom he took on a tiger cruise. The first day in port he was let aboard by someone on watch that knew the radar tech and the non member twin was lost aboard for a few hours running around the ship trying to find his way around. He ended up getting chewed out by a Chief and he got a bad taste in his mouth on the Navy. A year later non member twin joins the Army and the radar tech crossed blue to green with him. Both ended up doing some poo poo as 14Js.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I sat through the final boss of GMT at the base theater today. Holy gently caress.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

MancXVI posted:

I sat through the final boss of GMT at the base theater today. Holy gently caress.

Was it a full 8 hours? I missed that one and am transferring before the makeup. Go Me.

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
So I'm almost done with HM A school, I just got my orders today. I'm going to be an 8506, lab tech. Any opinions from the HM's?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Laranzu posted:

Was it a full 8 hours? I missed that one and am transferring before the makeup. Go Me.

Thankfully, no. We got to hear every word of every slide, though.

edit vvv: Sat. Something about having really bad training with less than two weeks left made me tense up. It was weird.

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 18, 2014

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

MancXVI posted:

Sat or slept?

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Seqenenra posted:

Sat or slept?

Is there really a difference?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

So I'm almost done with HM A school, I just got my orders today. I'm going to be an 8506, lab tech. Any opinions from the HM's?

Congrats on getting something totally bad rear end. Except for the sigting through dependant poo poo and piss for obscure diseases and likely annoying the duty driver with sample transfers to other hospitals with proper equipment for spectrometry you'll likely have an enjoyable experience. At small hospitals you'll likely be off the watchbill for the hospital and in a larger one you'll probably be doing shift work because of wards and Maternal Infant Units where military crotch spawn grace us with their presence. Probably wont have much patient interaction other than sticking people which you should get good at. I swear to loving god if you blow up people's veins and you're a lab tech you loving suck major dick. If you're any HM specialty and you blow up someone's veins while working with needles for the past 4 months youre a lovely HM. (This comes from a Psych Tech that never sticks anyone and was on the ambulance watchbill with a paramedic and never once did I blow up a vein.)

Also, I suggest you look on Navy COOL or ask your instructors if they've gotten their certs for phlebotomy tech or whatever it is you qual for. Could lead to yoy moonlighting and making decent money on the side.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Pandasmores posted:

Also, I suggest you look on Navy COOL or ask your instructors if they've gotten their certs for phlebotomy tech or whatever it is you qual for. Could lead to yoy moonlighting and making decent money on the side.

Wow, good advice. You're a true shipmate. Repost that :chiefsay: meme so we can all laugh.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Guys, I passed my IDW board the last day possible before they throw the books out for new ones. I'm highly trained in irrelevant knowledge!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sir Lucius posted:

Guys, I passed my IDW board the last day possible before they throw the books out for new ones. I'm highly trained in irrelevant knowledge!

uuhhh... welcome to Navy advancement bibliographies?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

tuluk posted:

Wow, good advice. You're a true shipmate. Repost that :chiefsay: meme so we can all laugh.

Idk, all the HMs that have gotten it are actually making mad bank out at civilian hospitals and laughing at the Chiefs and HM1s that do the whole "Are you reenlisting?" spiel. Maybe having some real Navy job screws you over lol.

Done your GMTs yet, though? :chiefsay:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Sir Lucius posted:

I would totally suffer ship life for 2 weeks to show my dad a tiger cruise. I care about him way more than any fuckheads in the Navy, and he would think it's awesome.

This is the right answer to the tiger cruise question. It's really not about you.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

vulturesrow posted:

This is the right answer to the tiger cruise question. It's really not about you.

On a CVN they do a whole air show and all the Family can go on the Flight Deck and watch it. They pilots love to buzz the tower and the highlight was the sonic boom. They do a gunshoot and EOD teams will explode a mine for them. They usually have shows and special guests to play music to distract them while their sponsors actually have to work. Plus, the galley cheats that week and the enlisted mess gets wardroom food. Surf & Turf.

My father would never do it again. He's a heavy milk drinker and one taste of that HT stuff as well as the quality of sleeping on a rack really drove it home to him. There was a newfound respect due to the standard living conditions of a ship.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

poo poo. All they got on the boat was a cctv view from the periscope as the boat "dove".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Vriess posted:

On a CVN they do a whole air show and all the Family can go on the Flight Deck and watch it. They pilots love to buzz the tower and the highlight was the sonic boom. They do a gunshoot and EOD teams will explode a mine for them. They usually have shows and special guests to play music to distract them while their sponsors actually have to work. Plus, the galley cheats that week and the enlisted mess gets wardroom food. Surf & Turf.

We did all of that (aside from surf & turf) on a one-day outing last week at the conclusion of TSTA. My parents had a great time and loved the chance to actually see that stuff in person, but there really isn't that much more to be gained by stretching it over several days. If people want an in-depth taste of the lovely parts of shipboard life, sure, but most guests are satisfied with seeing it briefly, then getting off at the end of the day and sleeping somewhere with hot water and a bed wider than their shoulders.

So while I wouldn't recommend a full tiger cruise, a 12 hour Friends and Family Day cruise is perfect.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Mad Dragon posted:

poo poo. All they got on the boat was a cctv view from the periscope as the boat "dove".

Our captains would try to do the rowdiest angles and dangles they could, and pretty much everything was done two bells higher than it needed to be. I'm sure we shot water slugs too.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
We couldn't do angles and dangles because some system or other was boned, but we shot mad water slugs. Everybody loves the styrofoam cup trick too.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wingnut Ninja posted:

We did all of that (aside from surf & turf) on a one-day outing last week at the conclusion of TSTA. My parents had a great time and loved the chance to actually see that stuff in person, but there really isn't that much more to be gained by stretching it over several days. If people want an in-depth taste of the lovely parts of shipboard life, sure, but most guests are satisfied with seeing it briefly, then getting off at the end of the day and sleeping somewhere with hot water and a bed wider than their shoulders.

So while I wouldn't recommend a full tiger cruise, a 12 hour Friends and Family Day cruise is perfect.

For those of you not versed in life on a carrier in the PNW, tiger cruises are usually two tiered. On the way home from deployment, one Tiger Cruise will be from Pearl Harbor to San Diego, the other is San Diego to Everett/Bremerton. To make room, a lot of the guys with family can choose to leave out of Hawaii and take the first leave period. However, the cruise is chill as hell and its basically 10 days of making sure everything is order before you head out on leave as soon as you get back.

It ends up being close to a month of not dealing with day-to-day navy poo poo, and was pretty cool.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hogmartin posted:

We couldn't do angles and dangles because some system or other was boned, but we shot mad water slugs. Everybody loves the styrofoam cup trick too.

I hope you explained to them the liliputian effect.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

ded posted:

I hope you explained to them the liliputian effect.

Not familiar with that - clarify?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

hogmartin posted:

Not familiar with that - clarify?

Everyone on subs has a micropenis.

• Locked thread