Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

revenance posted:

Or....sell this app to the AF as Dominoes, LLC, for hundreds of thousands of dollars per license.

Nah, man. With a sweet bullet like that he could get a DP, an Achievement Medal, or *gasp* a Comm! He will be slaying Goldsboro pussy left and right and get a standing ovation every time he walks into the 335th bar heritage room as they cheer Chief IT Support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Derek Dominoe posted:

With a sweet bullet like that he could get a DP

air force has enough rape problems :mad:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Cole posted:

air force has enough rape problems :mad:

Pfft we haven't even approached peak rape yet :smug:

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
After peak rape analysts predict that the air force will tear itself apart as factions vie for control of what little rape remains.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Hey so is Kadena actually a decent place to PCS? It seems like it's kind of in the middle of nowhere looking at a map. I liked Vegas because it's not a military town so going OCONUS and ending up in the Japanese equivalent of Minot would kind of suck.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Cenen posted:

Hey so is Kadena actually a decent place to PCS? It seems like it's kind of in the middle of nowhere looking at a map. I liked Vegas because it's not a military town so going OCONUS and ending up in the Japanese equivalent of Minot would kind of suck.

Do you like being locked down on the base because marines can't stop raping locals? If so, Okinawa is for you.

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.

xsf421 posted:

Do you like being locked down on the base because marines can't stop raping locals? If so, Okinawa is for you.

This. It's all fun and games until some guy you've never met brings down a curfew by barging into a random house, punching a kid in the face and then jumping off a roof and breaking both his legs. I got out of there just before they started doing the straight up "Battle Buddy" routine.
Overall though Okinawa was an awesome enough experience that even the AF couldn't completely ruin it. I'm in loving Minot now though so my perspective is probably skewed, any and everywhere OCONUS is a "decent place to PCS".

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Cenen posted:

It's not in the middle of nowhere. The island is a dense urban area everywhere south of the base, with touristy beach areas along the coast until you get about 10 miles north of the base. Then it's rural tropical mountain terrain from there on with a few cities here and there.

So, I guess you could say it's the Japanese Minot if Minot was surrounded by beaches, resorts, oceans, mountains, and 1.5M+ people.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A guy spilled pop on the center console of our deployable comm truck, shorted out the security system, engaged an ignition interlock, and now the truck won't start. Good thing we're not sitting out in a field somewhere right now.

notaviking
Aug 15, 2011

You can run, but you'll just die tired...

Cenen posted:

If you like diving or have an oriental school girl fetish it isn't bad. Otherwise it sucks.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Casimir Radon posted:

A guy spilled pop on the center console of our deployable comm truck, shorted out the security system, engaged an ignition interlock, and now the truck won't start. Good thing we're not sitting out in a field somewhere right now.

NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN GOV'S.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

:siren: Public Service Announcement :siren:

In case you guys don't bother to read the big red server announcements at the top of the page, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS. OpenSSL had a major security breach that resulted in people being able to use a rather simple Python scripts to trawl for log-in/password information for any site that uses OpenSSL for security.

SA was effected by this but it was patched this morning, so any password you make now should be ok.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

invision posted:

NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN GOV'S.
$1 million dollar comm platform taken out by $2 energy drink.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Thanks for the firewall advice.

Prop Wash posted:

Literally nothing is so important that comm won't shut it down to save themselves work
Second only to the base housing office in being crap. Going to hold off on prodding them for now because of this risk. How would comm shut it down? I could probably just ignore them and delete their emails. Might just submit it with the new proposed hosting so they can't find the existing one.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 9, 2014

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Dominoes posted:

Thanks for the firewall advice.

Second only to the base housing office in being crap. Going to hold off on prodding them for now because of this risk. How would comm shut it down? I could probably just ignore them and delete their emails. Might just submit it with the new proposed hosting so they can't find the existing one.

Comm SQ/CC bitches to MSG/CC who bitches to OG/CC at the wing stand up who then "reminds" his FS/CC's to only used approved planning sources for flight operations by releasing an FCIF. That's how they shut it down.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
On leave in Baltimore hung over as gently caress. Convinced some 19 year old I was a TACP "like remember what Tyrese did in Transformers? That's pretty much what I do... Fight giant robots." I realized the next day I should've pulled out and yelled "steel rain!" and now I'm genuinely kind of bummed I didn't think of it at the time :(

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
^^^^
Contender for least gay post in this thread.

Well call me crazy but the poo poo clouds are on the horizon for this hospital and I'm looking to jump ship. It turns out the Air Forces strategy of hiring a ratio of 2:1-3:0 catty teenage girls to guys has resulted in a moody back logged mess that they apparently can't yell at because it's mean and makes people cry.
Either I'm going to end up in charge of clearing this backlog since I was the one who did it the last time or more likely I'll just be told to clear the backlog and do my regular job.

I could probably roll into Travis winthin the next year easy but I want to see the world and all that jazz so which OCONUS base is the best? Landstuhl, Kadena, Lankenheath?

Edit: Basically I'm tired of having been here one of the longest, I'm tired of being one of the most skilled and reliable, I'm REALLY loving tired of being the go to guy. I want to be the guy who gets OCONUS orders to a 4 man shop with less than a year on station because I'm so lovely I stand out even in this poo poo show. I want to be the person they don't put on patient care because they can't be trusted to not kill someone even with a Dr. hanging over their shoulder. I want to be the person who gets little crying breaks in the break room because answering a phone is so loving hard.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 9, 2014

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wild T posted:

On leave in Baltimore hung over as gently caress. Convinced some 19 year old I was a TACP "like remember what Tyrese did in Transformers? That's pretty much what I do... Fight giant robots." I realized the next day I should've pulled out and yelled "steel rain!" and now I'm genuinely kind of bummed I didn't think of it at the time :(

I'd believe you were a Trannyformer.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Cenen posted:

^^^^
Contender for least gay post in this thread.

Well call me crazy but the poo poo clouds are on the horizon for this hospital and I'm looking to jump ship. It turns out the Air Forces strategy of hiring a ratio of 2:1-3:0 catty teenage girls to guys has resulted in a moody back logged mess that they apparently can't yell at because it's mean and makes people cry.
Either I'm going to end up in charge of clearing this backlog since I was the one who did it the last time or more likely I'll just be told to clear the backlog and do my regular job.

I could probably roll into Travis winthin the next year easy but I want to see the world and all that jazz so which OCONUS base is the best? Landstuhl, Kadena, Lankenheath?

Edit: Basically I'm tired of having been here one of the longest, I'm tired of being one of the most skilled and reliable, I'm REALLY loving tired of being the go to guy. I want to be the guy who gets OCONUS orders to a 4 man shop with less than a year on station because I'm so lovely I stand out even in this poo poo show. I want to be the person they don't put on patient care because they can't be trusted to not kill someone even with a Dr. hanging over their shoulder. I want to be the person who gets little crying breaks in the break room because answering a phone is so loving hard.

What exactly do you do? Are you looking for an inpatient gig or a small clinic? There's some hidden gems out there.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
:lol:

Anybody else get a letter saying all their personal information was accidentally sent to a non-DoD email?

gg Air Force.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Derek Dominoe posted:

What exactly do you do? Are you looking for an inpatient gig or a small clinic? There's some hidden gems out there.

4H051 soon to be 4H071. Not counting Elmendorf we can really only go to Landstuhl, Kadena or Lankenheath and England is a really small shop they just recently topped off. Like the only other OCONUS we have is Hawaii a 1 person E6-E7 slot that I obviously don't have the rank nor any of the certs for. I don't know when we lost Turkey but from some of the stories I heard that place was pretty sketch.

Like I'd rather stay inpatient but I know that limits my choices even more so I'm willing to go back to a clinic because it sounds like they may start having the inpatient people start doing the clinics work because they are a bunch of worthless cry baby cunts who can't function on their own and should probably just be straight fired to make room for someone new to take a swing at putting papers in a drawer and answering a telephone.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Everyone I know who has been to any of those bases lived them. You can't go to any of the fun little clinics like RAF Menwith Hill or Croughton, but even if the lab sucks at those bases, it will take effort to be miserable off-duty.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Landstuhl people tell me they hate it because of the Army, but everyone at Ramstein wants to go there because gently caress Ramstein. This is a 4N0 perspective, however. Ramstein lab seems to be very well ran and have excellent morale.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Cenen posted:

4H051 soon to be 4H071. Not counting Elmendorf we can really only go to Landstuhl, Kadena or Lankenheath and England is a really small shop they just recently topped off. Like the only other OCONUS we have is Hawaii a 1 person E6-E7 slot that I obviously don't have the rank nor any of the certs for. I don't know when we lost Turkey but from some of the stories I heard that place was pretty sketch.

Like I'd rather stay inpatient but I know that limits my choices even more so I'm willing to go back to a clinic because it sounds like they may start having the inpatient people start doing the clinics work because they are a bunch of worthless cry baby cunts who can't function on their own and should probably just be straight fired to make room for someone new to take a swing at putting papers in a drawer and answering a telephone.

If you can't find a way to have fun at Kadena then you may well be a worthless cry baby oval office

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know a bunch of med dudes who work at Travis, and the lab guys all seem pretty happy.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Got my legit separation notification and VSP approval notice today. Best day.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Anybody else get a letter saying all their personal information was accidentally sent to a non-DoD email?

gg Air Force.

I did, from some PA ANG unit. Usually the only actual mail I get from the AF these days is notices to update my IRR information, so I was very confused for a minute. I thought it was just going to be some 'please join the Reserves/ANG' crap. Turns out it was because a bunch of names/PII (that were gathered to send a 'please join the Reserves/ANG' message to) were accidentally sent to some state govt official.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Feel good post of the month

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

:hfive:

Now don't do jack poo poo because you are "outprocessing" for the next couple of months.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Helldump Immunity. posted:

gg Air Force.

Did you just happen to leave from Sheppard recently?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Rythe posted:

Did you just happen to leave from Sheppard recently?

Nope, I've been out for a little over 2 years now.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
I'm stationed in California and my wife works here but we pay our state taxes to Virginia. I am PCSing to Ramstein in July and would like to know if she's eligible for unemployment benefits due to my PCS. I'm not 100% on which state she should file in though. Anyone run in to a similar situation?

Derek Dominoe posted:

You can get unemployment when your spouse is still working?

I don't know if she'll be working if we get to Ramstein. Without a degree or even some sort of certification in her field it might not be likely she can continue to do the same thing. In the states it's okay since there are a lot of private practices that don't mind due to her experience, they just pay a little less. In Germany however, we have no clue how things will work.

AkrisD fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 11, 2014

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Derek Dominoe posted:

There are literally 50 answers for this question.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
double post...

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Derek Dominoe posted:

The answer to this simple question is 'yes, absolutely'.

The answer to 'can my wife collect unemployment legally because I dragged her rear end to loving Germany' I don't know.

Also I don't think it matters where your income tax went, her unemployment taxes come out before that and would be for Cali, but again that's the kind of thing you should ask people that actually know.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I don't know the answer to your main question but I can give you some solid advice. DO NOT gently caress AROUND WITH WORKING AND COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT.

I've seen the real life ramifications of this and Uncle Sam does not mess.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Cenen posted:

I don't know the answer to your main question but I can give you some solid advice. DO NOT gently caress AROUND WITH WORKING AND COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT.

I've seen the real life ramifications of this and Uncle Sam does not mess.

you're like that person who says "don't go in there i can't tell you why but dont" of course they are going to go in there

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Cole posted:

you're like that person who says "don't gently caress a retard i can't tell you why but dont" of course they are going to go gently caress a retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Ok well let me clear it up. The government will take you to court and fine the poo poo out of you and order you to payback the money you collected from unemployment while working and force you to move to a different state away from your family and kids so you can serve out the probation they also put on you. This happened to someone I work with ex and it is now affecting the clinic because her child care options are going to poo poo.

But yeah if that's all appealing to you go for it.

• Locked thread