Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samizdat
Dec 3, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

Well, I've now gone from TDRL to PDRL. You goddamned faggots will never not have me walking slowly through the parking lots and filling the waiting lines on bases across this great land.

Go gently caress yourselves,

Shim

Are you getting an RV? Isn't that the next stage? Make sure you talk about your RV to anyone you encounter.

Edit: Seriously, anyone and everyone. The long lines at the Class 6 during strategic times of the day will net a captive audience.

samizdat fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Same. I did a few awards packages and that was about it. For blues Mondays I'd come in with a beard and civvies. drat, those were the best days when I got paid to literally do nothing :allears:

:feelsgood:

"Blues? I don't have any blues anymore. What would I need them for?" - Fenrir, 2007.

Good loving times. :feelsgood:

Are Blues Mondays still a thing, though? Half the time we got out of that by bitching about the possibility of ties getting caught in a laser printer or getting toner on the shirts. Lame, but it actually worked. When I was at Scott, our GC actually got us out of having to ever wear blues for a couple years just because he coughed up some kind of uniform replacement bullshit. (He was prior enlisted, so he probably hated that poo poo as much as we did. I wish I could remember his name. 32-year colonel who was enlisted for the first 11 of that, took over the AMC comm group in 2003 after the previous guy left. I don't wanna name names here, but it irritates me that I can't remember this one's name)

I remember that tried to be a thing around 2003 then kinda went away, then snuck back in around '07? poo poo, it's been a while and I can't keep it all together anymore. I know I had to do it for a while there, before I didn't have to give a gently caress anymore.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 15, 2014

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Fenrir posted:

Are Blues Mondays still a thing, though?

The second coming of Skeletor brought them back for the '08-'12 timeframe, Welsh's like second act in office was to shitcan that stupid idea...it was within a couple months of him taking office, which seems like a while but by CSAF standards that's lightning fast and is a hilarious slap in the face of Skeletor.

Welsh technically left it up to the MAJCOMs, but I think even AETC has largely gotten rid of it by this point.

\/ lol. New slogan...AFISRA: We're worse than AETC! \/

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 15, 2014

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

The second coming of Skeletor brought them back for the '08-'12 timeframe, Welsh's like second act in office was to shitcan that stupid idea...it was within a couple months of him taking office, which seems like a while but by CSAF standards that's lightning fast and is a hilarious slap in the face of Skeletor.

Welsh technically left it up to the MAJCOMs, but I think even AETC has largely gotten rid of it by this point.

AFISRA still requires blues on mondays, because they love crushing the soul out of everything.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

xsf421 posted:

AFISRA still requires blues on mondays, because they love crushing the soul out of everything.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

AETC also does blues Mondays. At least they do at Keesler.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
The best feeling on the planet was working watch in blues two nights a week because the commander couldn't when Blues Monday was supposed to be. Especially when he showed up in ABUs to grace us with his morale boosting presence. No one else was wearing blued on mission before that, but boy did we start a trend.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

BULLETKISS posted:

Keesler is the worst everything there is about the air force, except the chow hall. That place owned, because they did so many specialty dinners and poo poo for training. Steak and lobster for everyone!

xsf421 posted:

Ok, I spent almost 10 years in the AF and I don't even know what AFISRA is... uh, help?

e: also, by Skeletor, do you mean Foglesong? Jeez, I remember when he was the USAFE commander and he sucked then too. That rear end in a top hat made CSAF??

e2: wait, didn't he retire? Uh, who was skeletor?

Sorry, I got out in 2007, I don't know who the hell has been ruining poo poo since the guys that ruined poo poo when I was in :laffo:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 16, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Fenrir posted:

e: also, by Skeletor, do you mean Foglesong?

Schwartz:

This man has sniffed your PT gear. He has sniffed all of our PT gear.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

BULLETKISS posted:

Gen Rice kept blues around for a while, but Gen Rand has no such policy. Blues Monday is not AETC wide.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Schwartz:

Holy gently caress. I thought Jumper was a bit of a weirdo but goddamn.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Schwartz:

A young Lt Schwartz scopes out squadron PT:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gen Schwartz's Spock hairdo always bugged me

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

xaarman posted:

Gen Rice kept blues around for a while, but Gen Rand has no such policy. Blues Monday is not AETC wide.

Keesler needs to get with the program then. I just love wearing blues in the summertime around here....or anytime.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The only way Keesler is ever going to get with the program is by getting wiped out by a hurricane.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Schwartz:

how dare anyone besmirch the name of skeletor like that. skeletor was a buff as gently caress skeleton wizard dude not some creepy kiddy toucher wtf man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC0ewS2Zesg

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Fenrir posted:

Ok, I spent almost 10 years in the AF and I don't even know what AFISRA is... uh, help?

Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Agency.

Luckily we get out of wearing blues up here, at least during the 7 months of winter.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

The only way Keesler is ever going to get with the program is by getting wiped out by a hurricane.

Tried it. Didn't work.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Schwartz:

General Emo Phillips

Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?

xsf421 posted:

AFISRA tried to keep us on blues Monday even though we were a tenant at a base under a different majcom that stopped doing it the second it was announced. That lasted about 3 weeks.

notaviking
Aug 15, 2011

You can run, but you'll just die tired...

Goatschach posted:

AFISRA tried to keep us on blues Monday even though we were a tenant at a base under a different majcom that stopped doing it the second it was announced. That lasted about 3 weeks.

Isn't AFISRA getting slapped in the dick and all those ISR positions now going back to Langley - where they were in the first place before being transferred to SA? What a circle jerk.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

I did a lot of work with AFISRA and aside from giving us money, I don't really understand the point of them existing... it seems like it was created under the same concept of JFCOM, except for Intel... and we all know how that turned out. But hey, at least we created another General grade billet.

xaarman fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 17, 2014

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

Welcome to the largest metropolitan area in the world.

If you can get any sort of vehicle at all you travel about an hour west and it's like you fall off the face of the world, just mountains and nothing else. So hiking, camping, some random sports. The mountains go high but there really isn't a lot of interest in hiking them for whatever reason so if you are interested in that stuff, get a guidebook. I know a couple people who go mountain biking pretty regularly. Winter sports are huge, depending on the time of year. I dunno, there really just isn't a lot of outdoors.

If you're going TDY then you'll want to make some friends who know where this stuff is pretty quick.
Nevermind, got hosed out of this trip too. Reason given was I'm already on orders and they apparently won't cancel them to give me a great opportunity like that. What I'm getting out of this is that I need to stop being a team player because it's getting me nowhere.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Mandatory SAPR briefing tomorrow, hoping someone calls me a loving bitch again.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Softface posted:

Mandatory SAPR briefing tomorrow, hoping someone calls me a loving bitch again.

Same... guess who's leading the discussions!! I don't know how I'm going to do this with a serious and/or DILLIGAF face.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

xaarman posted:

Same... guess who's leading the discussions!! I don't know how I'm going to do this with a serious and/or DILLIGAF face.

Explain in a very serious tone that all sex is rape.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The tablecloth is making a decent attempt at camoflage to avoid being in this picture

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Lazy Reservist posted:

Explain in a very serious tone that all sex is rape.

I played the South Park "Niiiice" clip when some guy went off on a long creepy women raping men rant.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah last time I did one of those verbal jackass expeditions I think some dude just kept talking about how prevalent false claims are and how women are out to get men, then the entire room agreed that "sexual assault" is blown way out of proportion

the air force is so terrible at all of this, it's like groundhog day as acted out by the guy from memento

JoeEskimoe
Sep 16, 2007
False claims aren't as common as people think. People like to rationalize, especially when someone they know/like is involved as a potential assailant. The only time I've seen an accusation of a girl raping a guy is a male subject making a counter-claim. Either way people are getting their pubes plucked out. There's no winner...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The only one I know of got busted after punching her e-card, (I assume LOC or LOA), got RIFed into the ANG, and picked up O-4 within 6 months.

HDI: This is the girl Chuck said has a face "like dog food" if you remember that.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Godholio posted:

The only one I know of got busted after punching her e-card, (I assume LOC or LOA), got RIFed into the ANG, and picked up O-4 within 6 months.

HDI: This is the girl Chuck said has a face "like dog food" if you remember that.

Lol was that the one they tried giving her "spackle" at callsign night???

And she made O4?

Burn the air force to the ground.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

haha, holy poo poo

Also

Burn the air force to the ground.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I can't remember who that was...this was min-pin.

Edit: actually I think we're talking about the same person...it's vaguely coming back. But yeah, she pinned on a long time ago.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Godholio posted:

I can't remember who that was...this was min-pin.

Edit: actually I think we're talking about the same person...it's vaguely coming back. But yeah, she pinned on a long time ago.

Yup

:negative:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Tell me about how awful/awesome Osan AB is.

Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?

Old Crows posted:

Isn't AFISRA getting slapped in the dick and all those ISR positions now going back to Langley - where they were in the first place before being transferred to SA? What a circle jerk.

Yep. AFISRA is on its last leg we are getting absorbed by some ACC type entity I believe. I don't know all the details, it doesn't matter I am getting out in less than a year.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Surprisingly no one said anything astoundingly stupid at SAPR training, not even me. After 3 hours of work I'm now getting day drunk with the squadron. Is this the same Air Force we've all been in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Favorite SAPR moment is a toss up between when some guy said "bitches be dumb always saying I raped them after I'd get them drunk and banged em', got me kicked out of Korea" or what was supposed to be a 20 minute briefing after our deployment rape issue turned into an almost hour long slog that resulted in the SAPR lady losing her poo poo and freaking out about how none of us should ever approach a woman again and how she seriously questioned if any of us had actually gotten consent in the past.

• Locked thread