Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
Ion engines should have a set of experiments that can be spammed, up to a limit, so that you can send a single probe (maybe a preset amount of certian parts at the start of career mode?) to multiple bodies. Similar to Voyager. Now that I typed this out it feels extra halfbaked. But something like that could also help players who are in a science rut, "hey deep probe one is three days from Dunas SoI, get ready!" Also KerbalAlarm Clock really opens the windows. Scott Manleys alarm list is beautiful. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
Is there a way to remove all of the donate/update buttons that have slowly been worming their way into the game? Intersteller and the Toolbar mod are just getting annoying.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Ratzap posted:

poo poo isn't it. It's bad enough with them plastered all over the mod forums and download pages but them appearing in game as well is taking the piss. Max, please lay the law down on this and keep the in game experience free of nagware.

If it was just a one off thing the first time after I install the mod, I can live with that. But I'm playing Sandbox and Intersteller keeps nagging me about a tech tree update. :argh:

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Keiya posted:

We're talking about a game that's literally about orbital mechanics. It's not unlikely that at least a few people using each mod have the skills to break the right part.

You mean I have to learn programming too? It was bad enough learning the basic rocket science. This game is awful. :suicide:

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Hremsfeld posted:

From a few pages back;

Are you using the latest version of Interstellar? Is there anything in particular you're doing that causes it to nag you? Its recent-ish update included a new tech node, so I'd updated my tree in my career save when it asked - after that, I haven't seen any popups from it.

The only save I have is sandbox, but I will make a career one and see if that will make it go away when I get home later.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
I've been using Borderless Gaming for a few months now, it works great.

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Lord Yod posted:

Plenty of charge (the rocket in question has a nuclear reactor payload I'm sending up to a station) and I've got the required tech nodes unlocked. As I said I'm mainly having two problems, the first is when I click 'execute' it'll create the required nodes but not engage any autopilot functions, the second is that functions that target things (like the rendezvous autopilot) don't accept targeting at all. It'll pop up a window that says 'select a target' and literally nothing I do makes that dialogue change.

Are there common mods that break mechjeb that aren't spelled out anywhere? I use a pretty heavily modded KSP and I guess it could be interstellar or remotetech breaking it but since both of those mods are really popular I kinda assumed they would say something if they did.

It's probably remote tech. You have to have a connection if there is no pilot. And sometimes warping will disconnect your connection

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
This game needs more cargo bays. I want to have a drill come out of the belly of this spaceplane. I can do it with B9's cargo bays, but it looks hideous and I like pretty spaceships. :qq:

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
I typed this up and realized it's kinda just rambling, but if someone could help me with the sciency bits, where the fuels should be and explaining how the crustal resource picture thing works. I'd be willing to sink some time into this.

That graph is kinda crazy. But I bet if you had something like Civilizations civilopedia and gates to ease people into new propellants and engines it would be alright. That open resource system is a lot of information all at once, but it covers the same groups as the graph.

The models would be the only part that suffer but if it's a solid add-on people wont care it's not pretty. Station Science is a great example. It is mostly welded stock parts but it gives Space stations a purpose besides fuel depots.

Although, looking at the sheer amount of resources in ORS makes me think I need to be a chemist. I don't understand the Crustal bit at all. I need a picture? What. I just skimmed the ORS thread, but if you can make it work with Biomes, then you can make it so craters are full of X, Y, and Z. Polar craters have Ice, maybe some midlands have C and V peppered around. Or everything is everywhere and you just have to have different colored drills or something. Interstellar has a scoop and a drill. And the stock Air Intakes could be used to be water pumps.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
Maxmaps, are you just a(The Best Ever) PR guy? Or do you get locked in a closet with a 12 pack of red bull every now and then? You've mentioned 'projects' before, and I am curious.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

Can someone tell me how I get cash in 0.24?? I keep doing contracts but I'm always losing money? Anyone else had this issue? I recorded a video of it here if someone wants to see if theres anything I'm doing wrong?

This is amazing.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
For the 'test this at x', just make a jet. It's much more controllable than a rocket.

Edit: except for the RT-10 Solid Booster. 500-800m\s at 4-7.7km. I can't get that fast anywhere near that low altitude.

Nazattack fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 18, 2014

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
Does just deleting the ModStats folder not work?

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
Science Alert is the best mod.

Iceshade posted:

I'll need to ask Arsonide what a "newly discovered asteroid" means, though.

Is that an asteroid I've not tracked after accepting the contract? An asteroid I've not touched yet after accepting the contract? Something else?

I've got an asteroid in orbit of Kerbin, but somehow I doubt I can use that.
It means that you need to accept the contract and then pick a new asteroid to track.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Science Stuff posted:

temperatureScan
title = Temperature Scan
baseValue = 8
scienceCap = 8
dataScale = 1

requireAtmosphere = False
situationMask = 31
biomeMask = 7

What do I need to change here to make this experiment able to transmit 100%? I think its just ridiculous that experiments like this need to be retrieved for maximum value.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Phssthpok posted:

You want to set

code:
xmitDataScalar = 1.0
in the part.cfg

I imagine the KSC science museum has moon rocks on display next to scraps of paper used to write down temperatures. :rolleyes:

Edit: I guess it makes sense for the avionics nosecone to have imperfect transmission if it's capturing an atmospheric sample. Gameplay-wise it's repeatability that matters, but lore-wise it's physical samples (expendable or repeatable) versus pure data (always repeatable)

Thank you for clearing that up.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Are planet start posistions random? I remember in .23 having roughly 70 Kerbin days for the Duna transfer window. When I start a new game its forever until any transfers except for Moho.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
Are there any small helicopter rotors? I wanted to make a tiny little drone to pick out landing spots but the blades in Firespitter are giant.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Iridium posted:

I've used some of firespitter's propellers as small heli rotors. Works the same for me.

Make a kickass little quadcopter with the electric ones.

Actually I just didn't look hard enough, there is a tiny little radial one exactly like I wanted in one of RoverDude's packs. I think the exploration one.

Edit: I also did not install Tweakscale after I downloaded it. :downs:

Nazattack fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Fermented Tinal posted:

Unfortunately, tweakscale has been causing me this weird issue where my (untweaked) rocket engines will decide to start burning 4-8x the fuel (without the corresponding increase in thrust or physical size) when I switch focus. When my Duna lander with 4k dV dropped to 568 dV I said gently caress-it and removed the mod since I didn't really use it for anything other than making larger/smaller RTGs and solar panels. I thought it was an issue with the current build and reverted to 1.44 like I've seen a lot of people do on the KSP forums, but I wasn't having the "suddenly parts rescale" issue and it didn't solve my problem with dV values dropping through the floor upon focus change.

This happens because a rescaled part is suddenly 4x heavier. When this happened to me, i made the mininode smaller,10 minutes later when i went back to the vessel and my tiny little satelite weighed 500tons. You can fix the part in the quicksave/persistance file.

• Locked thread