Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

DStecks posted:

Uh, for the sake of making it stock? Exactly like you did with docking?

Non-stock docking was incredibly buggy, laggy, and had almost nothing that made it fun or easy. Kethane isn't docking because docking required actual code changes to work successfully - namely having the ability to turn two ships into one. Presumably OfficalKethane would be a copy of Kethane but without massive code changes needed, making it redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

VanSandman posted:

Don't worry, bitcoins are a well-established punchline here.

Let me send you some KomedyKoins.

I just want money to be named Space Money because I have no humor. :eng99:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I had an idea for defocused production:

Any time a refinery is loaded into memory it looks at a saved file with production statistics. It then checks (if currently running) what it's output is. Then it adds Change in Time * (Curr Production + Last Production)/2 to the amount of resources, then mines normally. When unloaded, it saves this new production level to the same file, overriding the older numbers.

How impossible-to-do-with-Unity is this idea?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

You can tell we're getting close because the wild Maxmaps has returned to his cave, preparing itself for the birth. I'm guessing tomorrow, mostly because I want it to be tomorrow.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

CONFIRMED: .24 TO TURN KSP INTO A REALISTIC TRAIN SIMULATOR!
WILL BE RETROACTIVELY RELEASED YESTERDAY!
SECOND COMING IN FORM OF GREEN MAN?

Be right back, posting to Kotaku.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The SteamDB people have appearantly gotten sick of the goonlord rush, and are suggesting people go to https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=steamdb-announce for THE ANNOUNCEMENT (a week from now).

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

nimper posted:

I don't even know why Squad doesn't just offload all the distribution to Steam at this point.

Crazy people who think Steam is just a fad/controlled by the Illuminati/bad for videogames/incompatible with their computer/etc.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone have any mods they'd recommend for making the game really really pretty? :3:

(edit) Also, what's this NEAR thing and how's it different from FAR? I can't find the link from earlier :(

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86419-0-24-NEAR-A-Simpler-Aerodynamics-Model-v1-0-2-7-18-14.

Basically, it's like FAR. A more realistic atmospheric model compared to stock. It's simpler though and isn't as spergy. I like it better than FAR, myself.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86419-0-24-NEAR-A-Simpler-Aerodynamics-Model-v1-0-2-7-18-14

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ragzilla posted:

Someone else writes the code, but Majiir somehow got involved in hosting it. I look forward to listing StillBetterThanSpyware and see how long that lasts.

You know Majiir doesn't write the code because it is open source:
https://github.com/SirCmpwn/KerbalStuff

In any case, the community has apparently hit the Minecraft Forums Event Horizon and is slowly collapsing under the weight of it's own stupidity. It's a shame, but with a game that hits 1) Children/Teenagers and 2) Spergs it would be hard to keep everyone happy. At this point I think the only thing to do is pull the band-aid off quickly w/r/t modding policy crackdown and a bit less ineffectual peopling. But hopefully such measures won't be needed via Maxmaps strapping their forums to a rocket and sending it into the sun or something.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kessler Syndrome Prevention Contract: Randomly generated empty fuel tank in orbit. Either deorbit it into the atmosphere, or DESTROY IT for Kesos. No docking ports gives extra reward, naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Finally, a counterbalance to all the space dicks that rockets represent. Maybe one day we can get space butts for truly equal space-thing-shape-looks-kinda-like-this representation, male or female. :buddy:

• Locked thread