Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Iceshade posted:

Lots of variety in the dynamic missions will ensure replayability. Y'know, other than your own imagination. I usually play KSP for a week or three actively before getting bored. "I've put a colony on Duna, landed a rover on Ike, flew a SSTO plane to Laythe and back, blew up 60 Kerbals in total and sort of successfully created my own Kessler syndrome. I'm out of ideas."

But when the ideas can also come from the system itself, I don't have to think about em as much! Missions like "rescue X in orbit of the Mun" are missions I wouldn't create myself. I'm not going to leave a kerb stranded in orbit just so I can pretend he got stranded there and I need to pick him up. And now there are rewards for these things! Cold hard KerbKoins.

Exactly, KSP finally will become a game today* and not an amazing sandbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Maxmaps posted:

We are actually operating as completely separate entities sharing a building. We can't share sales numbers because we live in Mexico, but we are doing really, really well. :D

Until every child in every country has their own copy, your not doing well enough :colbert:

Seriously, this game should be mandatory for all children as it teaches them so much yet its so fun.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
No new experimental builds have been uploaded to Steam so far today, so never know they might have fixed it.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Or possibly it's ten o clock in the morning in Mexico and they haven't been at work very long.

Party pooper!

The experientials seem to start getting posted about now, I was just giving this thread a little bit of hope in an empty vacuum and you destroyed it.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Solid Poopsnake posted:

will it be today?

Just think no, that way you wont be disappointed and will have a pleasant surprise if it does finally arrive.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

ragzilla posted:

Now to wait for Win64, Mac, and Linux to hit scratchpad.

Linux hit a few minutes before PC.

Just Mac and possibly Win64 left (if the issues are with Win64 they probably will just delay Win64's release till its fixed).

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

nimper posted:

IDK man, Steam can push a lot of bandwidth :)

Steam can seriously handle it.

They reckon for every DOTA 2 update they are generating over 3% of all internet traffic in the whole world, they have a network that is probably the best CDN in the business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

haveblue posted:

The best CDN in the business probably belongs to Netflix, which is responsible for ~30% of Internet traffic at peak hours.

That's in the US. Steam is a worldwide phenomena.

• Locked thread