Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Frankston posted:

I think Aston Villa could do with three more points to ensure BPL survival. Not that I'm really concerned because the bottom three is going to stay as it is. We've got Fulham next which we really should win, but they spanked us earlier this season because we're inconsistent as gently caress. Paul Lambert's cacky & poo army.

Villa will be fine, too much has to go wrong for them go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Has Routledge learned how to deliver a final ball or pass yet?

Sometimes! Better than Dyer anyway.

Honestly Sterling's a younger, more sexually aggressive Routledge and he's had a good amount of top level football now so he's worth that place on the ferry.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mitroglou has gone to Italy for treatment for a knee injury and might not play again this season. I'd say he's up there with Lamela for the worst signing this season considering how badly Fulham need someone to score goals

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Jose posted:

Mitroglou has gone to Italy for treatment for a knee injury and might not play again this season. I'd say he's up there with Lamela for the worst signing this season considering how badly Fulham need someone to score goals

Lamela, Mitroglou, Altidore, Fellaini, Soldado. There's a lot of great candidates this year.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Strawman posted:

Lamela, Mitroglou, Altidore, Fellaini, Soldado. There's a lot of great candidates this year.
tbf Aspas is looking like one too.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Strawman posted:

Moyes

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Lamela is definitely the worst considering his pricetag and the fact hes barely kicked a ball

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

TelekineticBear! posted:

Lamela is definitely the worst considering his pricetag and the fact hes barely kicked a ball

It's Lamela or Altidore.

If Sunderland had spent that money on a footballer they might not be about to get relegated.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Striker Andreas Cornelius signed for Cardiff for a club record 8.5 million which Cardiff say with agent fees etc came to more round £11-15 million, and played 8 games without scoring before being sold back to Copenhagen for a undisclosed fee, but Cardiff claimed to have lost 8.5 million on him

He's the worst, no one remembers him he was so bad. He was defo worse than Jozy.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Taff posted:

Striker Andreas Cornelius signed for Cardiff for a club record 8.5 million which Cardiff say with agent fees etc came to more round £11-15 million, and played 8 games without scoring before being sold back to Copenhagen for a undisclosed fee, but Cardiff claimed to have lost 8.5 million on him

He's the worst, no one remembers him he was so bad. He was defo worse than Jozy.

I had no idea this had happened.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

not not luvd posted:

Haha, same.

CARDIFF DRAONGS

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

not not luvd posted:

The few times I saw him play he actually looked more lost than Jozy. He was shockingly bad.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
He was a big lad that had one good season in the danish league. Cardiff paying what they did was completely ludicrous.
He needs at least a year or two more in Denmark (with the occasional CL/EL matches) or to move to the Eredivisie instead.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Dani Osvaldo proved to be a pretty awful transfer, say what you like about Lamela or Cornelius at least they didn't headbutt one of their teammates. Hopefully someone will buy him and we won't lose as much money as Cardiff lost with Cornelius. Osvaldo's absence has meant that Lambert has had to play way more football than he should have and has meant that he's looked terrible in some games where he probabably shouldn't have been playing, potentially jeopardising his World Cup spot. The only positive being that at least Gallagher has got some Premier League playing time and got to score a goal against Norwich.

On the plus side, one of Osvaldo's three goals for us was that great one against Man City.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I don't think you can include Aspas in that list - he was always going to be a squad player, and it would be basically impossible to break into our attacking lineup this year. He only has one goal and one assist, but he's not had that many appearances and most of those as substitutes. He showed a bit of promise in preseason also, for whatever that is worth.

Overall, I think he'll work out as a decent covering player - he's only a bad investment when you consider his relative cost to someone like Sturridge.

Maybe I'm just an optimist though, I still think Borini will come good too.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Borini has been alright for Sunderland, I think he and Aspas are decent cover as you say.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'd assume that Borini, Alberto and Asaps will all get way more time next season when Liverpool will need to rotate the squad a lot more.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Taff posted:

That's amazing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Myssu posted:

I don't think you can include Aspas in that list - he was always going to be a squad player, and it would be basically impossible to break into our attacking lineup this year. He only has one goal and one assist, but he's not had that many appearances and most of those as substitutes. He showed a bit of promise in preseason also, for whatever that is worth.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him offloaded in the Summer though, I know he's just supposed to be a squad player, but the fact that he hasn't even been on a pitch in ages makes me think that he's not impressing much. He was injured for a good part of the first half of the season, and with the form of Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling/Coutinho it's going to be hard for him to break into that front 3, but even they (certainly the latter 2) have had poor runs where they were dropped for a while, but then played their way back into the team. It's hard to say. I just would have expected him to be thrown on with 10 minutes to go in games where we were comfortable enough to give other players a rest.

Borini will be a good backup next season I think, he's looked fairly decent in quite a few games for Sunderland, scored some nice goals too.

e: lol I'd forgotten about Alberto. He has looked pretty decent the couple of times he's played. I suppose we'll have more games next season and there will be more rotation. One "problem" is that Suarez just wants to play 90 minutes of every match, doesn't matter who the opposition are, the fucker just wants to run around and piss off defenders and score a million goals.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 3, 2014

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

irlZaphod posted:

Borini will be a good backup next season I think, he's looked fairly decent in quite a few games for Sunderland, scored some nice goals too.

Imagine his face when someone plays a through ball to him and means it.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Strawman posted:

van Wolfswinkel? He's looked awful whenever I've seen him and he cost £8.5m.

That Cornelius transfer is something else though.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

irlZaphod posted:

Aspas has barely played (less than 5 games in total in the league), and when he has he's mostly been out of position, but I still think he looked alright. The only time he started a game up front he scored. It's not like not being able to get a game ahead of Suarez or Sturridge necessarily means you're poo poo.

Cissokho has definitely looked worse for us.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Strawman posted:

Aspas has barely played (less than 5 games in total in the league), and when he has he's mostly been out of position, but I still think he looked alright. The only time he started a game up front he scored. It's not like not being able to get a game ahead of Suarez or Sturridge necessarily means you're poo poo.
Nah I don't think he's poo poo, he's looked ok (new league and all that), but as I explained above I just think that the lack of appearances (even just the last 10 minutes of matches) might mean that Rodgers doesn't have much faith in him.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

Dani Osvaldo proved to be a pretty awful transfer, say what you like about Lamela or Cornelius at least they didn't headbutt one of their teammates. Hopefully someone will buy him and we won't lose as much money as Cardiff lost with Cornelius. Osvaldo's absence has meant that Lambert has had to play way more football than he should have and has meant that he's looked terrible in some games where he probabably shouldn't have been playing, potentially jeopardising his World Cup spot. The only positive being that at least Gallagher has got some Premier League playing time and got to score a goal against Norwich.

On the plus side, one of Osvaldo's three goals for us was that great one against Man City.

At least in addition to being a complete mentalist he occasionally looked like a footballer, which is more than you can say for some of those other ones on that list.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Lamela, Altidore, and Cornelius for me. Lamela was the most expensive and never even plays (probably on huge money per week too), Altidore plays all the time and is totally gash, and Cornelius for the fun transfer hijinks. They're all terrible signings in different ways, not really a point in arguing over who was worse.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

tbf Jozy barely plays anymore, Poyet knows he's gash. He had to play against Liverpool because Borini was ineligible.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

tbf Jozy barely plays anymore, Poyet knows he's gash. He had to play against Liverpool because Borini was ineligible.

He's only missed like five of their games all season. He definitely counts for the "terrible player who plays all the time" kind of bad transfer.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Taff posted:

To be fair to Cornelius, he got injured and only played a total of 113 minutes in those 8 matches. When Solskjær took over he sold him back to FCK for £3m (reported fee over here) and Cardiff picking up his wage bill for the next 10 months lol (also I think he's a good lad because he was making ~£2m a year in Cardiff and with a contract running to 2019 he could have made £10m pulling a Bendtner)

Hegay fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 3, 2014

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

The best thing about Altidore is how he manages to not look like a professional footballer.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
you have to be literally stupid to pay over 5 million for anyone in the Danish league

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
At least Cardiff were smart enough to recognize a sunk cost and move on.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

trem_two posted:

At least Cardiff were smart enough to recognize a sunk cost and move on.

to buying whoever the hell is mates with ole gunnar solksjaers manager

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sissoko is now also injured and Remy won't be back for the Man Utd game. We're going to lose 3-0+ again

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Jose posted:

Sissoko is now also injured and Remy won't be back for the Man Utd game. We're going to lose 3-0+ again

Does it really matter?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is like the only match left this season I want us to win. Also losing 3-0 every week is really poo poo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Lukaku's agent says he's been in talks with Spurs over a possible move, he also says he won't be going to Swansea.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Blue Screen Error posted:

Lukaku's agent says he's been in talks with Spurs over a possible move, he also says he won't be going to Swansea.

Worried about this. If Spurs end up with a better centre forward than we do I will be pissed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No chance Chelsea will sell him to Spurs

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

not not luvd posted:

Worried about this. If Spurs end up with a better centre forward than we do I will be pissed.

They already have a better centre forward than you do, and look how thats working out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

They already have a better centre forward than you do, and look how thats working out.

They have two.

Jose posted:

No chance Chelsea will sell him to Spurs

More likely than selling him to us I think. They're not going to challenge Chelsea while Mourinho is there. Look at what they've done with Mata.

• Locked thread