Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Blue Screen Error posted:

Is there any chance of Walcott recovering in time?

Don't think so sadly. Wilshere will probably go for better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

TelekineticBear! posted:

Lamela is definitely the worst considering his pricetag and the fact hes barely kicked a ball

It's Lamela or Altidore.

If Sunderland had spent that money on a footballer they might not be about to get relegated.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Taff posted:

Striker Andreas Cornelius signed for Cardiff for a club record 8.5 million which Cardiff say with agent fees etc came to more round £11-15 million, and played 8 games without scoring before being sold back to Copenhagen for a undisclosed fee, but Cardiff claimed to have lost 8.5 million on him

He's the worst, no one remembers him he was so bad. He was defo worse than Jozy.

I had no idea this had happened.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Blue Screen Error posted:

Lukaku's agent says he's been in talks with Spurs over a possible move, he also says he won't be going to Swansea.

Worried about this. If Spurs end up with a better centre forward than we do I will be pissed.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

They already have a better centre forward than you do, and look how thats working out.

They have two.

Jose posted:

No chance Chelsea will sell him to Spurs

More likely than selling him to us I think. They're not going to challenge Chelsea while Mourinho is there. Look at what they've done with Mata.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

euroboy posted:

Please don't.

The transfer thread last summer was full of people (especially arsenal posters) melting down because Tottenham bought all those great players and were going to win the league.

Not really relevant. It's not about being scared by them it's about not wanting a lesser team to have better players when we're in dire need.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal's last 10 games :stare:

There are teams in a relegation fight in better form.

We cannot afford to lose on Sunday. Or next weekend for that matter.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
If only he wasn't poo poo.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

TheRat posted:

Pretty sure that was last season, mate.

No it wasn't, mate.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

euroboy posted:

I'm guessing its 2009 or 2010, going by the arsenal kits

Also Arshavin and Nasri in the gif.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Fifth and a humiliating exit in the FA Cup and I'm done.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

I'm sure you can find a better image than that.

FWIW I didn't mean football, just Wenger.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Starting a season with Giroud, Sanogo and Bendtner as your startling line is near unforgivable.

Giroud is loving dire and I hope he's sold in the summer.

Cazorla, yeah agree. poo poo attitude and he can go too.

Players I would hate to lose: Ozil, Theo, Wilshere, Ramsey, Koscielny, Ox. Other than that I don't really care at all who goes.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

aeverous posted:

Wenger out IMO. Imagine if you guys had a proper manager, like Brendan Rodgers.

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Grimble posted:

You'd still be playing Giroud, Bendtner or Sanogo

makes you think

Sometimes I wonder if Walcott, Ramsey or Ozil would even get into the team with those three in form.

Yeah he's getting a lot of abuse recently but he is so so isolated. If anything I would criticize the central midfielders the most. have no clue what they're doing. They're now tracking back and not linking up with the forwards they just exist to play cheeky short passes and lose possession.

He has zero pace, skill and his finishing is average. He would be fine in a different team but he is not an Arsenal striker.

Also his reactions after every single miss make me want to throttle him.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

irlZaphod posted:

Y'all are being big negative babies imo.

Agreed.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

8raz posted:

But your form has dropped since you got knocked out...?

Our form has dropped since we lost our best players and set up against tactically superior teams like complete morons.

Psybro posted:

Is Cazorla still better than Bale/a worthy replacement for Fabregas

Source your quotes or shut up?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Psybro posted:

Yeah I'm gonna trawl through thousands of pages of poo poo to prove something that definitely happened.

Yeah that's fair. I still can't believe that All Manchester United Fans were convinced that Cleverly was the new Scholes. Honestly, I'm still shocked.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

8raz posted:

Doesn't this support the post you were originally contending?

Maybe we're not talking about the same posts. It's a pointless discussion anyway. If you don't think Liverpool have been fantastically lucky this season (while still deserving a lot of credit and playing brilliantly) we're not really going to get anywhere.

All we need to remember is that Arsenal Are poo poo.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Psybro posted:

I was ahead of the curve because I watched him at Wigan and noticed that James McCarthy upstaged him in every game. Also that most of his better performances came against teams who were either already beaten or defending deep enough to cede midfield entirely.

Only Ninpo here really banged on about him whereas every single player Arsenal have signed since the inception of this forum has been brilliant until they weren't any more.

To be fair I've raved about Cazorla in the past but I've never suggested he was at Fabregas level. Or Bale.

It's also not entirely impossible for a player to be brilliant and then not so much later on. Look at Valencia at United for one easy example.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

8raz posted:

Well not with that attitude no. I suppose it would be pointless for me to ask that you elaborate on that statement?

The no European football thing has definitely worked in our favour. What fantastical luck have we had?

The lack of fixture congestion has been a huge influence IMO. It's not so much having 5-10 extra games, it's having to frequently play three games in a week.

You've had brilliant luck with injuries to your best players which is obviously partly influenced by the games bit.

United have poo poo the bed, we've been decimated by injuries to our best players, Chelsea are lacking a goalscorer and for some reason City are incredibly lazy and strolling through games.

Admittedly this is how a lot of teams win the league but you asked.

I don't want to take too much away because you have been brilliant this year but it's all coming together perfectly which requires a lot of luck.

E -

I don't know why I bothered to write that much. No injuries, fewer fixtures and poo poo rivals basically.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

DickEmery posted:

But it works both ways for Arsenal.

I've watched Ramsey since he was a kid at Cardiff so have always known how good he is.
Most of last season he was getting nothing but stick from Arsenal fans.
It's not so much being berated for playing badly, but being written off completely and blamed for their hilarious annual capitulation.
Same thing has happened with Walcott, Ox-Cham, all of their goalkeepers, Giroud, Toure, Arteta, Rosicky, Song, Nasri, Sagna, Wiltshire and countless others.
Other than RvP or Fabregas I can't think of an Arsenal player since Henry who hasn't at one point been labelled as completely worthless by his own supporters,
Not all of them were poo poo.

If you somehow keep buying players who oscillate between world-beaters one year and unbelievable shite the next then perhaps something else is going on besides luck.

It was the actual "you bought me a Lexus and so my life is ruined" girl though, so I get extra marks for that.

The issue is that you're still lumping all Arsenal fans together. And lol I did like the Lexus video.

We can't win though. Support Wenger and we're Stockholming idiots, say we're upset and we're spoiled morons.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Glad that its arsenal fan hyperbole time.

As fun as it is playing the Above It All poster, in what way are we not in an a bit of a crisis? It's been the same story for too many years FA Cup or no.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

What the hell are you talking about I've been saying we should sack Wenger all day. I literally posted it at least 40 times in the mdt.

E: Oh you misunderstood. I was saying it was time to talk about arsenal fans hyperbolically.

Ahhh sorry. Yeah I misunderstood.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Taff posted:

1 goal this season, hes another Jozy

Just looking at the rumours and news from the weekend, I see some of the papers are again picking up on Shaw to United and Giggs to leave his coaching role??? Hmmmm ;)

Anything about the Reus rumours?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Extract from Diego Torres' book 'The Special One: The Dark Side Of José Mourinho'

quote:

The presence of a mole at Real Madrid worried Mourinho so much that between 2011 and 2012 he ordered two sweeps of the hotel where the team stayed to search for hidden microphones. The investigations were unsuccessful. The Sheraton Mirasierra was apparently clean.

The control of information was another thing that deeply exercised Mourinho; he assigned a group of people to carry out a daily analysis of everything that the media said about him. Every morning Mourinho received a package containing the summary. His day began at 8am in his office at Valdebebas, studying videos, articles and broadcasts. He realised that he and his colleagues were not the only sources of the content, and that certain things that were being published did not exactly project an image of infallibility.

He began to suspect that there were leaks in his organisation. The proximity of the Clásico ramped up his sense of suspicion. According to club sources, the growing fear of leaks made Mourinho ask the directors to set up a study of the phone records of players and club employees. Some players were warned about this informally, as it was in their interest to be careful about whom they spoke to on their mobiles. The secrecy, however, did not prevent the boss’s intentions becoming widely known. In fact they were obvious in every training session.

At 5pm on 16 April 2011, shortly before Madrid’s home league match against Barcelona, the newspaper Marca reported in its online edition that Madrid would play Pepe in midfield, along with Khedira and Alonso. The team selection was unprecedented: Casillas, Ramos, Albiol, Carvalho, Marcelo, Pepe, Khedira, Alonso, Di María, Ronaldo and Benzema.

The 1-1 draw did not help the home team’s title chances but the crowd applauded their team off with a certain relief, Barça’s last couple of visits having ended with scores of 0–2 and 2–6, and filed out of the stadium reasonably content. Not so Mourinho.

He waited for the team in the dressing room before issuing a torrent of accusations and insults that distorted his face until he began to sob loudly: “You’re traitors. I asked you not to speak with anyone about the team selection but you’ve betrayed me. It shows that you’re not on my side. You’re sons of bitches.

“The only friend I have in this dressing room is Granero . . . and I’m not even sure that I can trust him any more. You’ve left me all on my own. You’re the most treacherous squad I’ve had in my life. Nothing more than sons of bitches.”

Casillas did not wait for the outburst to finish. He pretended that nothing was happening, turned around and went to the shower; he was not the only one who ignored the commotion. But Mourinho was filled with such intense emotion that he grabbed a can of Red Bull and hurled it against the wall. It exploded and drops of the sugary energy drink ran down the faces of those nearest to him.

Squatting on the ground — some say he was kneeling — he rattled off a further series of insults, then, getting up, he wiped the tears from his face and announced that he was going to speak with Pérez [Real’s president] and Sánchez [a director] because they would be able to find the mole. He promised reprisals and also made an analogy between martial law and football: “If I’m in Vietnam and I see you laugh at a mate, I’d grab a gun with my own hands and kill you. Now it’s you yourselves who have to look for the one that leaked the line-up.”

For everyone present it was difficult to work out if what they had seen was a real loss of emotional control or a piece of spontaneous theatre. By improvisation or calculation, Mourinho had ensured that everyone had been on edge. The team had been emotionally stirred up and he had adjusted the final details of his grand tactical plan. All his work, all his energy, the planning of more than nine months, were now focused on one goal: to reach a state of ecstasy in the final of the Copa del Rey in Valencia on 20 April.

The days were filled with impassioned talk until finally 20 April arrived. He talked about politics, about nationalism, about the inexorable division between the Castilian and Catalan peoples. He told the players that they had nothing in common with Barça. He knew, he said, because he had lived in Barcelona for many years, and was well aware of the local culture and the education that Catalan children receive. He explained that people like Puyol, Busquets, Xavi and Piqué had been taught from childhood to distance themselves from Spaniards such as Casillas, Ramos and Arbeloa.

He insisted that his players were wrong if they thought they had made friendships with the Barça players over their years together in the Spanish national team. The Barça players were not their friends because they took advantage of this supposed friendship by betraying the Madrid players, trying to snatch their prestige from them through their manipulation of the press.

They, the Madrid players, were not to participate in this charade any more. They must accept their role as bad guys and should refuse to acknowledge their rivals. Mourinho warned his players that if he saw any of them shaking hands outside of the formalities of the game they would be turning their backs on him — and on their team-mates. Anyone making any such friendly gesture towards the opposition ran the risk of becoming something very much like a traitor.

The book's been out for awhile now but it's recently been translated into English.

lol

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Modus Trollens posted:

Impeccable timing as usual Levy loving lmao

It's all set up for a Jozy special.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Wonder which item of clothing Sherwood threw on the ground when he saw his Twitter feed.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

DOOP posted:

With Chelsea, right? Not Atletico?

Chelsea presumably.

Off topic but they'll win the league comfortably next year IMO.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
I don't want van Gaal to go to Spurs :(

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
We've conceded more goals than Palace this year.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

So this is from goal.com, but there are quotes, so:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/04/09/4741008/cazorla-open-to-arsenal-exit-we-lack-a-winning-mentality

I hope it's made up? Can't believe he said this during the season.

If those are real I hope he leaves in the summer.

He's as lazy and worthless as anyone so he can shut up.

E - Hahaha hadn't seen the updated ones. Yeah gently caress him. I've lost a lot of respect for him this year anyway, but I'd be more than happy if he was sold and then replaced. The second bit there is obviously the worry.

not not luvd fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 9, 2014

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Modus Trollens posted:

maybe you haven't gotten a call because your a lethargic shite santi

He's the ultimate fair weather frills player. Incredible technique, the best chocolate leg I've seen and great passing/shooting but he's weak mentally.

He's perfect for us.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

chuggo is BACK posted:

also what is a chocolate leg

It's how RVP referred to his right foot and it always made me lol.

Also this is the most I've ever seen Arsenal fans as a whole be up for Wenger leaving..

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

mynameisjohn posted:

pre-ozil signing post-villa loss was pretty embarrassing too

I'm not sure it is embarrassing. I've always been hugely pro Wenger and even I'm wavering.

chuggo is BACK posted:

oh like wrong foot igi

Yeah sorry I wasn't trying to do *unique arsenal fan thing cos we're special and cool players by first name only* thing. Thought it was common knowledge.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

It's been long enough. He had time to turn things around and finally spent some money and things just got worse.

Do you trust the board to replace him well? At least Wenger would like to win, I don't think they give a gently caress.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Arsenal Cannons

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Shoren posted:

While I don't really like Cazorla's comments, it's really sounding like a repeat of previous starters who are tired of the squad getting thinned out by injury and not having more quality players in the side. I really like Cazorla, he's a ridiculously talented player, but with the amount of time he's been played and the squad availability lately of course he's going to look like poo poo. It's akin to putting Messi in Pulis' Stoke team and expecting the same return as Barca.

It's nowhere near that level. Yes things are hard at the moment but it might go a little better if he put some effort in rather than cried like a child.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

Ah, yes. Another Arsenal player who was the best in the league before he said he wanted to leave. Now he's poo poo. I've been saying Cazorla was rubbish for months and its nice now that you all agree with me.

Don't troll.

I really have no clue. I imagine that the board will just be a rubber stamp on whoever Kroenke wants, and we have no indication of what he'll do. I just need something to change. Watching this team get embarrassed a handful of times every season is taking it's toll.

My worry is that the next person we appoint will show our ambition. If we get a great manager then it'll suggest we've told them there's money there to spend and we're going to try and win something. If we pick from a lower tier then yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

For me, the issue will be whether they're willing to invest in the team. I don't really have a problem with the club appointing a manager like Rodgers or Wenger who came from the "lower tier," as long as the manager has a plan and vision for the club. As it stands now, the team needs at least four first team players (striker, centerback, defensive midfielder, wide forward), and probably a right back and another centerback when Sagna and Vermalean leave. If the club backs the new manager, things could turn out nicely, but if we keep with Wenger's signing pace we'll just slip further down the table.

Interesting that you think we need a new starting CB but otherwise I agree.

If he does go which I don't think he will unless we completely poo poo the bed in the cup and league I wonder if he'll go upstairs or another club. I would hate to see him manage someone else.

Stinky Pit posted:

The Arsenal board have multiple times stated "There are funds available" Wenger is the one who loses out on a player like Higuain over a few million and then has a moan about there being no "value in the market" or whatever.

I don't believe it's completely Wenger. I think the board are more than happy with fourth.

• Locked thread