Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

R. Mute posted:

re: Lukaku

Supposedly, Lukaku wants to stay at Everton, so if they somehow scrape together the cash...

wages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Rooney is going to be playing when he's 40 and it will be us lot who look like idiots.

whose wife grandma is he going to shag

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

not not luvd posted:

No it wasn't, mate.

isn't that the 8-2?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jose posted:

I don't see why they won't just loan him out again

because FFP and they want to buy Costa and Manduzick

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/04/sir-alex-ferguson-harvard-teaching-position

Sir Alex is going to start teaching at Harvard's Business school (stern) on 'The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports'

A shame literally no one will understand a word he says

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Fermented Piss posted:

Stern is NYU's business school, not Harvard's.

been reading to much linkedin lately obviously

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

tarbrush posted:

The Mail on Sunday has suffered a slow news day

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger fears players are putting their careers at risk by taking legal drugs to combat hair loss."

it was in the guardian too

he literally said this poo poo

hes melting down

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/04/arsenal-injuries-supplements-arsene-wenger

quote:

Wenger said that the internal review had yet to yield any hard and fast conclusions but he advanced a personal theory. "Some of them [muscle injuries] are down to the medication that the players take that you don't even know about. Then you realise afterwards that they took this medication but that's not prudent."

He added that certain medication could affect the liver and then it "doesn't work as well ... the toxins don't go as quickly out of the body as they should and they [the players] get tired". Injuries are sometimes the result of lower levels of stamina; if a player is, to borrow a phrase from Wenger "in the red".

He was asked to give examples of the kind of medication he was referring to. "If you lose your hair and you've taken something to make your hair grow, it might not be good, especially for the rest of your body," he said. "Medication always pushes a part of your body and is sometimes detrimental to other parts of your body.

"At the moment, we have not come to any conclusion … every case can be very different and you need to analyse very deeply why things happen. I'm surrounded by people who want to enhance their performances because they have another problem in their life and it's not always necessarily a good thing to do."

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Corrode posted:

It doesn't matter because the clubs with the depth to win it won't take it seriously, and the rest will get ruined sometime between the super double qualifying round and the extra group knockout stage.

well either that or you're real bad at football

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

RIP Chris Hughton

come back home (but not as manager)

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

Has this been posted yet?

:allears:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Blue Screen Error posted:

Is it really an awful season? Seems like a normal Arsenal season except this time you're still in with a chance of a trophy

Theres no basis for false hope for next season though

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Blue Screen Error posted:

Wenger's contract is running out

I reckon they get De Boer

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Impeccable timing as usual Levy loving lmao

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

chuggo is BACK posted:

Nice that Mike Ashley's tickets are subsidised

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

sassassin posted:

My contacts just told me Sherwood's going to be made Norwich manager in the summer.

I can get behind this rumor

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

So this is from goal.com, but there are quotes, so:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/04/09/4741008/cazorla-open-to-arsenal-exit-we-lack-a-winning-mentality

I hope it's made up? Can't believe he said this during the season.

does he know hes a lazy little poo poo?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

mynameisjohn posted:

its definitely been at least marginally mistranslated just from a cursory glance.

e: but the original interview has way more hilarious lines

Read: S.O.S.

maybe you haven't gotten a call because your a lethargic shite santi

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

I wish Chelsea fans were actually from Chelsea it would make this so much funnier

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

I always go to the BBC. The game in hand you should be v. concerned about is Everton's, imo. Could be an incredible finish to this season with Arsenal and United both missing out on the CL.

agreed can't wait to see Tim pacing up and down the touchline at the fabled Camp Nou

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

lol I don't count Spurs out for 4th. What's the run in like?

Neither arsenal nor spurs play anyone in the top 8 for the rest of the season - everton play both Machester teams

e: Everton also play southampton

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Losing out on 4th :smith:
to Everton instead of Spurs :unsmith:

Actually, I was wondering about Spurs. Is Adebayor still in contract for awhile? Has Soldado done any better lately? I guess you need an actual decent forward and a couple defenders (CB, LB?) and more time training/playing together and then next year will be looking up again for challenging for that top 4 trophy, yeah?

Adebayor is out of contract in summer 2015 I believe. Soldado got injured and the impact has been negligible - he'll be sold in the summer and we'll gamble on someone else which is a shame because he obviously cares but just hasn't cut it.

We need a new LB (Ben Davies pls) and personally I'd let Kaboul's contract expire, sell Dawson and bring back Caulker + one other CB (maybe even a foreigner!!!)

If we're EL next year though (we will be) I wouldn't be against Promoting some of the youth defenders and then they have eight guaranteed games before december when fixture congestion happens and can hopefully slot in - Fryers and Fredriks are good enough to take a risk on - and possibly our Serbian debutant nineteen year old too

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

It will be shocking if Soldado and/or Lamela are actually sold this summer already. Not that I doubt it is a real possibility, but what a waste.

Lamela won't be sold, hes young as hell after all, Soldado not so much we need someone to perform immediately, but then again if we can't get Lukaku we might as well stick with him since Benteke and Rodriguez are injured.

sonatinas posted:

Spurs need to redo their back four, especially LB and Dawson like someone else said earlier. The comedy of errors lately have been atrocious. If Vertongen and LLoris leave because of no CL then that another big hole to fix.

We'll just buy David Marshall - but I really hope Levy sticks to his guns and sells neither, though I like Lloris much more hes loving mental

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

8raz posted:

I'm sorry but I'm so jaded and cynical that even if we beat City I will not be confident about winning the league. The other side of the coin is that a loss isn't the end of the world.

I've seen so many mad things in football that I don't dare believe anything until it's actually over.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

I wonder how Sturridge would have done if Liverpool accepted him as a makeweight to bring the Torres price down. I believe Chelsea offered that early on.

not as well I think. I do believe part of his not succeeding at city and chelsea was not only due to mismanagement (which credit to Rogers hes handled very well) but also due to the fact that he just wasn't mature enough, he knew Liverpool was really his last chance and that he had to grow the gently caress up.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Do teams still want to qualify for the Europa League? I thought we had concluded that it was a disaster for a team's league performance.

Europe is always fun come on

I'm not really sure crashing out to Barca is any more impressive than crashing out to Benfica every year

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Well I think the bigger problem is that you have a million games away against Dinamo Kasdfoinalaksksja before you get to crash out against Benefica.

you can go all the way east in the champions league and have to do wednesday - saturday

its the same as thursday - sunday (or saturday - tuesday)

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Thirteenth Step posted:

Liverpool have benefitted hugely from not being in it this year. If your ambition is the Champions League then your better off without the Europa League.

yes but theres more to football than finishing in 4th every season to make sure you get into the CL

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

euroboy posted:

Well well well..

I like this new no nonsense UEFA

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

Come on, Chelsea MUST be doing something wrong too

they flip too many players for a profit to get hampered by FFP lol

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

lol apparently United have offered Toni Kroos 260k a week they're going full manchester city

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

pik_d posted:

Looks like Yaya Toure will be out for 10-14 days, missing Sunderland, West Brom, and Crystal Palace, but being back for Everton. It's Jack Rodwell's time to shine.

glad he won't miss the world cup

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

The best rumor I've seen is that Villa will have new owners and they will bring in a new manager come seasons end on the condition that Villa don't get relegated. If they do, the owners will pull out and Lerner/Lambert stay in charge.

So, this is why the team has been so poor lately, because Lambert wants to keep his job and Culverhouse was threatening to expose this sinister plot and lost his job for it.

that is a tasty as hell conspiracy theory

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

to be fair Remy might give a poo poo so he gets a brand new contract at a new team over the summer

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jose posted:

They're both also going to the world cup so need to not be poo poo if they want to play there

Benzema is going to be play ninety minutes of every game to be fair

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Frankston posted:

I think the lads down at Taff's Tavern may disagree with you but then they might not disagree with you

I think they know what a real winner looks like now

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Thirteenth Step posted:

*adds to nicolasanelka.txt*

Why is religious trip in quotations? From the looks of it he wasn't just having a piss up

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Barry Shitpeas posted:

What kind of attitude is that

Now that City have fallen behind I actually believe we will do it

it (obviously) depends if Mourinho can pull off an absolute master class at Anfield - I believe a lot rests on whether he is able to at the Vicente Calderon to give them (defensive) momentum

Of course the natural rotation of Ivonavic and Matic will help too

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

Don't really understand how non-Chelsea fans would prefer Mourinho to win the league over Brendan Rodgers and his plucky underdogs Liverpool tbqh

because they don't call defending well with a quick counter attack 'The Mourinho System'

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Heskie posted:

Good one.

Jose Mourinho - known for defensive disorganization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

euroboy posted:

Allegri to be the next Tottenham manager.

@m_christenson: Corriere dello Sport seem pretty confident Massimiliano Allegri will be the next #thfc manager: http://t.co/VVTpQJS3BV Via @tancredipalmeri

Edit: Lamela "injured" for the rest of the season too.

We've had a new manager every day for a couple weeks now

• Locked thread