Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's a amazing that a football superpower like england only has one competent goalkeeper and garbagemen like Townsend and Zaha in contention for a place in the squad for the world cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Hodgson should unironically give Ricky Lambert a place On The Plane.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ramsey is back in full training today :getin: He won't play against Everton but will probably be available for the semi final next weekend. The same for Koscielny, they won't rush him back early for this weekend. Özil will most likely be available for West Ham on the 15th, so hopefully the whole squad except Wilshere and Walcott will be available for the run-in.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Frankston posted:

I think Aston Villa could do with three more points to ensure BPL survival. Not that I'm really concerned because the bottom three is going to stay as it is. We've got Fulham next which we really should win, but they spanked us earlier this season because we're inconsistent as gently caress. Paul Lambert's cacky & poo army.

Villa will be fine, too much has to go wrong for them go down.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

not not luvd posted:

Worried about this. If Spurs end up with a better centre forward than we do I will be pissed.

Please don't.

The transfer thread last summer was full of people (especially arsenal posters) melting down because Tottenham bought all those great players and were going to win the league.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

TheRat posted:

Pretty sure that was last season, mate.

I'm guessing its 2009 or 2010, going by the arsenal kits

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Mourinho plans to sell Torres, Ba, Lukaku and Eto'o in the summer and hopes to reduce their massive wage list and replace them with Costa, Mandzukic and one more. Apparently FFP is a real thing after all?

quote:

Owner Roman Abramovich will not to stand in the way of Mourinho trying to sell or loan out £50 million record purchase Fernando Torres. Romelu Lukaku is already seeking a new club, Demba Ba will be sold and Samuel Eto’o is expected to leave.

Mourinho can bank around £32 million, the size of Costa’s buy-out clause at Atlético Madrid, by selling Lukaku and Ba. Eto’o’s departure would save £7  million in wages and Chelsea want the £9 million annual salary of Torres off the wage bill.

Chelsea are already making strides towards addressing their huge wages outlay. It emerged on Thursday night that the club’s wage bill has been overtaken by Manchester United’s for the first time in more than a decade and they are also below Manchester City’s.

Chelsea’s wage bill in 2012-13 was £176 million compared to £182 million for Manchester United in the same season, while Manchester City’s was £233 million. Wages at Stamford Bridge club actually fell overall in 2011-12, and the rise last season was around three per cent compared to an 11.6 per cent increase at United.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...the-season.html

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I wonder who's going to take over for Arsene Wenger in the summer. Maybe give Alex Ferguson a call?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Wengers contract is up in the summer and it this rate I doubt that he'll get a new one and I have even more doubts about him wanting to stay on.

A win in the fa cup would be a brilliant way to go out but the way the team has been playing the last two months I can't see them getting to the final and if that happens things are going to get seriously ugly with Wenger.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I haven't got a clue who should take over. I guess a lot of people will mention Klopp, but I don't know if I'm entirely convinced by him. It will probably be too soon for Martinez to leave Everton and gently caress knows who else would be a good fit. Probably some old experienced oval office like Van Gaal who might be good or might be a disaster?

blue footed boobie posted:

He's always said he wouldn't continue if he's not doing a good job and, welp.

I just wonder what the hell the situation is in the dressing room. It must be absolutely shocking.

I don't know about the situation in the dressing room but the situation on the pitch is horrible. No one seems like they're playing for him, plenty are phoning it in or looks completely knackered. Its a complete shambles.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

jesus christ

What?

Jose posted:

How do Arsenals recent results stack up against Newcastles? I know they've played better teams I just want to know who has been worst

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I like Giroud, he's a good player and while he's been really poor lately I don't think he should be singled out for criticism. It's hard to do anything when the players behind him are only tapping short passes around fifty years away from the box without trying to make any moves towards goal. Rosicky is the only one trying to make things happen, Podolski is a garbageman most of the time and gently caress knows what Cazorla, Arteta and Flamini is up to. In any other team Giroud would be benched and allowed to rest and build confidence but that's clearly not an option at Arsenal since Sanogo is a kid and Bendtner has been completely frozen out of the team.

I think a lot of Arsenal fans are very quick to single out players and blame them everything (like Ramsey last year) but it's not about individuals except for the manager.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Arsenal will easily beat Wigan

I'd be very happy if it didn't happen, I might even laugh out loud, but I just can't see it tbh

I hope you're right but everything is going wrong at the minute and I don't know what to think anymore.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

lol

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

If they're collectively phoning it in, maybe it's more to do with the club than it is to do with them.

Yeah that's the point I'm trying to make

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Blue Screen Error posted:

Neil Adams as caretaker is heartfelming as gently caress considering how he was treated by Glenn Roeder

Caretaker for the rest of the season or will they get a new manager in asap?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Deketh posted:

Well poo poo, Hughton has gone. Seems a bit silly so late in the season, I reckon they have just finally caved to fan pressure.

I dont think they have anything to lose by sacking him, but it seems a bit desperate.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Luuk de Jong is another myth from the eresdivise?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

@SkyFootball: Tim Sherwood to be replaced as @SpursOfficial boss at end of the season. Reaction in Sky Sports Today live blog http://t.co/ZgvJR5TfA1

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Don't really care who wins, but I'd say Liverpool "deserve" it the most imo. They've played the best football, and are brilliantly entertaining too.

It would also cause some incredible meltdowns from a certain set of fans...

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jose posted:

Have any Arsenal supporters been following Campbell's loan? Newcastle have been linked with him a fair bit the last few days

I doubt that he'll make it at Arsenal, he'll probably get sold.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Xabi posted:

I remember when a dude on here predicted that Liverpool FC would never finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I wonder what he's up to these days.

I believe he consistently wrote "Rogers" and not "Rodgers" so I think he may have tricked us

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

rats off to ya posted:

Will Pellegrini get the axe if City finish third?

If they can find someone better I'm sure they will get sack him without thinking twice.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I'm amazed he hasnt lost it months ago. Unless its all just a media conspiracy.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Well well well..

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Not sure what to expect from tonight. Hopefully winning the semi final on saturday will have some sort of positive effect after a Really Bad loving Month, even though most of the squad are either injured or knackered after playing 120 minutes against Wigan. I guess Källström will start. Maybe Diaby will play a part?? Kinda hope Fabianski starts in goal too, he's deserved it after being excellent in the cup.

I don't think the amount of injured players will be as bad the one listed on physioroom though, but we'll see.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

another conspiracy theory i like and can get behind is that hulls owner wants The Tigers to lose against arsenal this weekend because they'll be guaranteed europa league football if arsenal finish in the top four

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Imagine Scott Dann going on a Messi like run towards goal with the commentator screaming "Dann... Dann... Dann! Dann! Dann!"

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Allegri to be the next Tottenham manager.

@m_christenson: Corriere dello Sport seem pretty confident Massimiliano Allegri will be the next #thfc manager: http://t.co/VVTpQJS3BV Via @tancredipalmeri

Edit: Lamela "injured" for the rest of the season too.

euroboy fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 18, 2014

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's not Tancredi though he just posted a front page from a newspaper

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Gerrard has a very good chance too, reckon he'll get it if they win the league.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Major football club?

That's Chelsea ruled out at least.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Will Kolo loving Toure be the first player to win the (premier?) league with three clubs?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Are we talking first player ever even if we include pre-1992?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

lol amazing

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Whats Alex McLeish up to these days?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

@honigstein: Klopp to Man Utd chances hover near the zero per cent mark. Not *totally* impossible but close enough

One of my United supporting friends thinks they should hire Gary Neville. I can get behind that.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

@SkySportsPeteO: David Moyes's departure from Manchester United set to be announced imminently. #MUFC

It's happening.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I'll be upset if they hire Van Gaal now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Apparently United are trying to make him resign so they won't have to pay him off for the five remaining years

• Locked thread