Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sehtro groans as a lance of pure sunlight manages to penetrate the...wide open front door and lay directly across his eyes. He squeezes them shut even harder in the hopes that the sun will vanish but to no avail. He slowly pulls himself along the floor using mostly his legs while his arms slide bits of random electronic junk off the floor out of his way. Somebody overturned most of the good stuff onto the goddamned ground and now the high powered transistors are crunched up in suspiciously footlike patterns rather than tucked away in their proper desk drawer. He manages to get the door shut and slides up sitting against it before finally opening his eyes, blowing his hair out of the way to get a look at the studio. Completely trashed. Besides the materiel overturned onto the ground it looks like several bottles or pipes worth of glass were smashed into one corner that also happens to harbor quite a bit of garbage in the form of burnt out components and half-eaten food. Sethro manages to stand and stumbles his way to the desk and finally lets himself breathe as the headset sits on his head.

"Good morning everyone, this is Sethro with your morning news. Something exciting happened here at the studio last night, could've been better but it was a learning experience. If you weren't listening last night it was an open call to have a combination studio tour and tech-jam to try and up my broadcasting power. As I scan about the studio it looks like we failed and the equipment might need a bit of tuning before I get back to optimal ranges. SOME rude little rat dick left my door wide open when I was asleep, which is a big no-no here at the studio, meaning that any creature of the night could be in here with me as we speak! Any enterprising cryptozoological enthusiasts should feel free to come on up to Wolf Mountain to report in on what creepy crawly is currently hunting me. Stay tuned everybody as we go now to the morning's numbers: Seven. Forty five. Fourteen. Eighty-nine. Forty. Fifty-six..."
Reading the numbers is like second nature to Sethro so he takes this bit of free time to tidy up his desk a little and also keep an eye out for anything that seems particularly out of place, be it some bit of electronica he needs to replace or some monster ready to devour his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro's eyes dart between speargun and to the crowbar at his feet. They make a half dozen round-trips before making their way back to the speargun then up to Badman's eyes.
"Badman! How's your speargun doing right now, being pointed at me and all? How about we just talk this out whatever it is." He pops his hands up from his desk and smiles, the smile not quite hiding the fear in his eyes. His foot gently nudges the crowbar, not quite sure what he'd do with it (and with his foot even!) but it's comfort.

Not sure if this is a Manipulate or not, but if it is here's a roll:

Don't hurt me!: 2d6+1 8

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro's obviously a little intense but not everyone realizes the way he sees the world can come in handy instead of just weirding out strangers and friends alike. In this moment it's more related to the crossbow bolt potentially skewering him.

Hit the dirt!: 2d6+2 14

Sethro dives for cover behind his desk and grabs for his crowbar while screaming out the next couple of numbers, potentially right along with Badman if he keeps up his copycat routine.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

With a similar intensity Sethro disregards the now-safe bolt and pops the top half of his head above the desk to try and catch what in the hell is up with Badman. He scans the room, but the only things that seem to make any sense as to what happened are the bolt he fired and the discarded speargun. Mental note to hold onto that and stow it away near the crowbar in case he comes back. Can't do that now, gotta get while the signal's still gonna be strong with this whole sitch. "Not that signal" he mutters as he unplugs the headphones around his neck from his jumble of radio gear and jams the end into one of his dreads. "Alright Island, you are liiiive here with Sehthro, what the gently caress just happened with Badman?"

Open Your Brain: 2d6+2 9

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro nods slowly as the maelstrom finishes up its story and he adjusts his mic for proper Radio Voice as it comes his turn to share. "Miller's Hill being on fire doesn't register much with me good buddy. Not a lot happening up there near the north shores except for uh, well, well Dick and his uh..." Seth blinks rapidly as the information settles over him. "How about we get a live story, we get some action news reporting when it comes to Miller's Hill and the wildfire that might spread to who knows the gently caress where."

Sethro scrambles up, keeping the his headset plugged in, and heads for the door.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro doesn't really slow when he comes across Dick's gang, a big fire like this is naturally going to cause a bit of a ruckus. He ambles over to Dick after being spotted and happening to overhear his name being mentioned. Got to get the lowdown on this whole fire thing.

"So you're telling me you don't know what happened? I don't know dog, if you're the big chief around here you should probably know something am I right?"

He pans over to Chloe who refuses to comment, which conveniently isn't a denial. The camera takes in a shot of the bikes grumbling up the hill from their current location as it pans to face the man holding it. Sethro gets in real close and tucks the microphone on his headset to the side to speak into the one haphazardly taped to the camera itself.

"We can't really know anything at all, not now. Not even sure if we could have before." With that quick aside he pans back to Dick.
"Well we can be relatively sure that Dick and his boys didn't do it, as it appears..." a quick pan and zoom up to the more roaring areas of the inferno, "...that his own materiel would be on fire back there. At least I think so if you look at the smoke just right. But we gotta be investigative, you dig me people?"
He addresses this to both his intended camera audience but with a sweeping arm motion includes the few gang members who happen to be pussy footing around attempting to look busy as the others bravely head in to follow the boss's orders.

"Alright dogs, glad to see I got a bit of a crew to roll in with me. Gonna go in and check this out personally." He shuts the viewfinder on the camera and hustles up alongside the last of the men heading up to the hill for some serious investigative journalism.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sehtro's not quite sure what he's doing as he kicks the door in, but he sure as gently caress knows what he's not doing is burning to death before he finds out what's happened here. It all started when he spotted a shack, less importantly a shack but more importantly a small greenish flame at the bottom of the door. Wood doesn't burn green, but Sethro has seen burning copper more than a handful of times in various electrical fires in the studio to know that something is fishy up in here.

"Watch my rear end for burning poo poo, I'm going in!" he yells with some semi-false bravado as he flicks the camcorder viewfinder back open and quickly scans the burning interior, more specifically the burning central interior of this home. The shack was mostly tin sheeting in a lean-to against an old bit of cement wall and Sethro's first thought is 'Sweet jeezo how in the hell is a dirt floor on fire?' followed quickly by 'Dick is gonna be PISSED.' as he sees the basis of a heavily gasoline based firebomb. Looks like the guts were ripped out of one of those little clamshell cordless phones, Sethro seems to have about a billion of them kicking around the studio with varying levels of barely to not working, and it just provided the spark to a big fuckoff pile of gas cans. Using a wire as a lovely antenna's clever. He makes sure to get what he can on camera, panning to follow the ignition device to a burning line of fuel leading out the door to a pile of more mundane tinder leading to their closer neighbor. Fire must've spread naturally from there. He's sure to get a shot of the various empty gasoline containers.

"One of you kind people want to grab that little piece of burnt up plastic i'll owe you a favor on your bike or some poo poo, just grab it!" he punctuates this sentence with hocking up a hefty globule of blood as he staggers backwards and takes in several lungfulls of slightly less smoky air.

"I gotta bounce, y'all." Is all he manages to choke down before stumbling down to his knees and heading back towards the base of Miller's Hill.

Not sure if there's actual Harm from smoke inhalation here.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Harm: 2d6 7

We both choose one from Pain, I'll go with "You lose your footing or position" to go with what I already wrote as to the consequences.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

As Sethro looks up he's locking eyes with yet another member of this volunteer Miller's Hill fire brigade, not one of Dick's men. Heck, not a man at all. Seems to be some enterprising scav who's shoving her overalls crammed full of various small bullets out of a half dozen opened crates. The crates are very clearly labeled with various seemingly useless materials but somebody seems to have hit the motherlode when it comes to small arms reloadables: box of primers, box of slugs, couple of boxes just full of shiny new brass, and one being rifled through with full of finished rounds.
They both blink and return to their business, Sethro's of rushing towards the girl and grabbing her by the arm.

"Hey dogg we gotta get outta here! poo poo's gonna cook off and kill us both!" He loosely grabs her around the arm and heads towards whatever exit is closest to downhill.

Act Under Fire: 2d6+2 6

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro
Seriously Scary poo poo: 2d6 10
I'll pick unconsciousness, and you pick one from Pain.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Sethro as a cameraman you done fell off..." he murmurs to himself as he tries to rub the remaining smoky feeling out of his eyes. Failing that, with a grunt of pain he hefts himself up to swing his legs over the side of the cot and sit.

"Bean, I'm Sethro. You mighta heard me if you got any radio equipment, I run a show outta my studio up in Wolf Mountain. Ahhhh poo poo." he managed to get out that sentence before hocking up another sooty globule of blood onto the ground. "Sorry 'bout that."

"So. Saved each others lives, that's pretty fresh. This your place?" He rubs at his eyes again while taking in his surroundings.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Yeah yeah, far as I know being unconscious is wicked bad for you." Sethro emphasizes this with a hearty cough, this time producing no blood but feeling as if it should. He kicks his legs over the side of the cot as he wonders idly to himself.

No jingle. Maybe I can fix something, doc's gotta have some hi tech poo poo that needs to keep running. Maybe he can fix these lungs for one thing. S'pose I could trade my headset, make a new one. If I got the parts...

Sethro hefts himself up with an exerted effort, getting to his feet and spitting again for good measure. He rolls his shoulders and idly stretches one leg, getting ready for walking to the doc.

"So Bean, after we get ourselves right as rain how'd you like to come down to the studio and do an interview?"

Dick now understands Sethro's steeze a little more than he did before, Hx+1. A week sounds like a good time to come back.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Captain Foo posted:

Sansa and Sethro, turns out the best doc around is well, the best doc around, and he's in O'Malley's Respite. The both of you ended up under the care of the DZA, as he's called. Bean didn't like being around when Sansa was. Sethro, seems like she stuck around while you were gettin' stitches and pills more than she needed to be.

Bean and Sansa have some sorta beef? I should ask her, Wrecks and Wracks draw a lotta water around here.

Captain Foo posted:

Bean's definitely healed up just fine, Sethro. Interview went well. She came dressed a little differently, form-fitting black top, new gun. Still, she got the cargo pants instead of those overalls. Said the new duds were some sort of armour, real comfortable. Evasive otherwise. Looks...good. Implied she might want to come back. How do you feel about that?

Oooh, somebody's showing off a new rig-out and it ain't the guy who's worn the same rear end outfit for the past year. I'd love to have her back, always looking for new segments on the program. Always lookin' to have people around the studio, 'specially if she understands the numbers. Maybe me and her start something. Maybe we don't.

Alright hopefully we do, who am I kidding.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Ohhh Puck, are you cool?" Sethro lets this out with a sigh as he laces his fingers behind his head and shuts his eyes. "Listen Bean, you go do your work just tonight, I'm not gonna get in your way but you gotta know that I can't get involved. Unless she just needed something fixed I guess, but even then...gah." He takes in another long breath as he knows she's still just grinning at him. She knows him a little too well for such a short time.

"How about you bring her around the studio sometime, maybe me and her can chat. If she ain't big on that maybe I'll stroll down the market or wherever. For now I'm not too big on the whole sitch."

What does Sethro know about the whole situation with Puck?

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Ah poo poo." I'm just gonna let her go. Sethro opens his eyes, gets up, and steps over to his desk, setting the headset down.

"gently caress, man." I"m just gonna let her go. Sethro leans down, grabs his crowbar, then heads to the door.

"Hey I'm right behind you!" And he's out the door.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro goes a little slack jawed and his body straightens up, his eyes dancing between Puck and the person on the floor. He feels how loosely the crowbar is in his hands, he's not exactly a warrior y'see. It's pulling downwards and would be likely to clatter to the floor if he wasn't sure that noise might result in him coming to harm.

"I...uh. Wow. Puck uh. gently caress, man." His mouth can't make the words he needs. If words are going to save his rear end he's going to need some betters ones than stammering and profanity. He blinks rapidly for a few moments and makes a concentrated effort to not look down, to just try to lock eyes with Puck. He clears his head: Nineteen. Fifty four. Seventy Nine. Twenty Seven. Ninety Eight. Sixty. Seven.

"Listen the crowbar here," he idly lets the weight of it swing his arm, lazily bumping against his leg, "it's a tool. Sure some bad motherfucker might smash someone upside the head with it but to me it's just a tool. For the jingle I blew on this I could've easily got a little nine mil or somethin', but I chose this. See, I'm a little like this crowbar. Bent, tougher than it seems in a scrape, but at the end of the day I'm just a tool." He takes a heavy breath in and lets it out with his finish: "I'm just a tool. Use me for what I was made for. Right now you're using a caliper as a hammer." Leavin' out the part where you're having said hammer bash in somebody's head...

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro winces at the 'ex-' word and in his heart he knows that he's done. In his brain's heart he knows he can't kill this scrub-rear end random in front of him. Absolutely can not. This whole meeting was a terrible idea in the first place, and killing someone would just be the icing on the bogota cake.

"Well this might not be the freshest piece of information, but I ain't doing this." He opens his arms up and lets them fall to his sides in a show of absolute matter-of-factness. He doesn't turn to leave, just continues standing in place. He occasionally looks to Bean as if she could do something meaningful to help besides give him a few happy thoughts in a time of great crisis. Haven't known her that long, but there's a few thankfully.

With a shrug Sethro is resigned to either being embarrassingly let go or being 'ex-' worded himself.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro slowly shakes his head, "Shouldn't have followed you here Bean. I'm sorry if this is your life, it ain't mine." He turns and heads back towards the entrance, giving her a glance back before settling on where he's going: home.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Act Under Fire: Toodles!: 2d6+2 8

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Gettin' Shot: 2d6 8

I'll go with Bleeding Heavily, MC gets one or two from Pain.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro gives the crowbar a long and hard look. "You're the motherfucker that got me in trouble in the first place, I know that much. Forty-eight." The numbers continue in his head but it hurts too much to talk so they remain there. He starts to crawl with his wounded belly dragging against the ground, probably not the best idea but standing is completely out of the question. The stairs should be similarly out of the picture, but sometimes you just gotta three sixty ninety-eight, dig?

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

As Sethro makes it up the stairs he has a sudden realization that he had no real goal of where to go besides up and back into the Respite proper, and that singular focus was achieved. Seventy eight, alright? Guess now the only real stretch goal to this life-plan is to make it to The DZA or somebody who seems like they might help get there faster.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Heythanks" is all that comes out towards the assistant, and Sethro takes a seat in the remains of an old office chair and generally ignores the other battered and bloodied. As The DZA enters he smiles and looks him over, looks like he's been busy.

"Twenty-eight, my man. I uh, I ain't doing so fresh at the moment. Romance leads us to funny places, dig?" He gestures to the still-bleeding wound in his abdomen.
"So hows about you and me work out some sorta payment plan or some such two?"

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Well if you got anything broken or needs to be maintained you know I'm your man, 'specially if it's hi-tech. Or maybe you want me to build you somethin', I know the Infirmary could always use some new tech or some such. C'mon man I'm dyin' here." He gestures to the wound then puts on his best smile that's possible to force.

"Maybe literally. Eighteen."

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"You ever wanna seventy-two? Hear your own voice? You gotta have some recording stuff around here somewhere, worst case you don't and you hock these for something you really want." Sethro gestures a thumb towards the headset mic setup around his neck.

C'mon man I got nothin' else. Ninety. Fifty-nine. Sethro's thoughts fill with numbers, as they're wont to do in these sorta situations.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sehtro's a weird guy, so Hx -1 for Paris from him.

You see the first thing everybody wants is a goddamn car. DZA doesn't really want one, he's got enough patients as it is to be needing an ambulance corps. Sethro's deal is more electronics, which you think a doctor wouldn't really care about, but there is something he does care about and that is treating GODDAMN patients. So he had Sethro start practicing on cadavers, not practicing medicine (that's clearly the DZA's purview) but practicing with their nerves. Dead rear end nerves, but nerves nonetheless. Sethro knows that the body's got electricity in it and according to the doc the nerves got something to do with it (Sethro pays close attention when the doctor talks but not all of it gets through).

Once he was finding them he was grafting things onto them, just wires at first but eventually some serious chrome was getting bolted onto the various dead bodies of the respite. Maybe this helps with something, Sethro started to get an inkling. Things got big once the DZA brought in some rotors, motors, and such. Must've dropped some serious scratch.

Sethro was pretty pumped.

He was building a fuckin' robot arm. The broadcasts will have to wait a little.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Now the body might have some electricity in it, that's just a fact of medicine most people would be able to tell you. What they don't tell you is the amount of hardware you're able to hook up just using that power. The answer: not much. So for this whole 'bio-mechanical arm prosthesis' thing to work it's gonna need a big fuckoff battery. The junkyard has plenty of batteries, but nothing with enough juice in such a small enough package. Not like you'd want to lug around a car battery jury rigged to your arm. Gotta be something hi-tech, Danny Boy might have a few ideas, so might uh...Bean... Danny Boy is looking better by the minute.

When not totally poo poo-rocked on chillstabs, the Respite has been eerily quiet. Ran into Trouble Man and Goddard, those motherfuckers. Term used incredibly lightly as they're cool guys. Very on the level. Neither volunteered to have an arm lopped off. They had a lot to say about the whole Market debacle, mostly back and forth about who's supporting who and generally getting way too political for a buncha people shooting each other. Either way it was something to do.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Yeah Trouble Man and Goddard are thankfully pretty averse to gangs so they didn't immediately sell me out as it were. Goddard is a student of the game and knows the ins and outs of Dick's crew and should know something about where they're holing up ever since the fire, if at all. Figure I could trade him my story of the short encounter with Puck's gang for any intel he may have. Otherwise the good ol' maelstrom might have something to say about it. Anything to avoid another bullet, or running into Bean.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Sorry about the radio there Dougie, I done fell off for a bit. Took a bullet." He gives the radio a loving pat as he walks by, always appreciates the few working models around the island. "Fell in love, got in with a bad crowd, got shot. Not really an exciting story. Trust." He saunters over and takes his seat across from Goddard. "What's a good story is the uh, the other broadcast on the island." He swills around his whiskey but doesn't quite drink it yet.
"So you know that old broadcast tower and the yard predates me, I'm just the one who got it working and started the ol' Sethro program. Well what I don't ell people is that when I first got up to Wolf Mountain the first thing I made for myself was a basic little radio so I could try to maybe find somebody. Anybody. Just wanted to make contact, dig? Well I did. Almost immediately." He takes a swallow, wincing as it goes down.
"Started out with a clicking. I figured it was something wrong with my equipment but after a while I found out it was a code. Something real strange that took me about a week to crack even with my mind working 24/7 and my brain wiiiide open. Once I could understand it I started transcribing and found out it was just the same message over and over and over, just some guy asking for help. Real official sounding, throwing around words like 'backup' and 'unit' and poo poo. Well I rigged up a shotgun mic and figured i'd do a little transmitter hunting. Took me another few days to lock it down and I almost missed it. Just a metal disc in the ground that when dealt with a little crowbaring revealed a rusted out lock and a tube going straight down. I could hear the signal only played for real, a voice carrying up to the surface. Only I couldn't really understand it until I really listened... you see?" He drains the whiskey and lets the glass clatter a little as it sets back down. "I tossed a rope down and shimmied my way into this little hidey hole and uh... no poo poo talkin' here I'm telling you what I found. Looks like a small radio setup, the moth-eaten remnants of a flag of some sort, an ancient looking revolver, a mountain of codebooks, and a loving skeleton. Elbow resting on the transmit button." He lets that last little bit settle before continuing on. "I tried to grab some of the books but they fell apart with basically any reading, otherwise I guess it's still out there. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me so I try not to think about it." He shrugs and lets out a focused sigh, "That story enough for you?"

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro clinks his empty glass in a lazy circle as he ponders. "I was weirded the gently caress out so after the first few turned to dust I was ghost, the rest are probably still there. I can show you the place but gently caress if I'm going back in there." He sets the glass down and pushes it to the center of the table.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"I...thanks!" Sethro starts to get up to go after him but he's a little to fast. He plumps back down in his seat and ponders where in the hell to find Larry. He cranes his neck over towards Dougie, "Hey Dougie, any idea where I could find this mythical Larry and his potential ride? You know I'm still getting used to being around the Respite his much."

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro awkwardly coughs and gives Dougie a thankful little wave as he saunters over to Larry and has a seat near him. "My name is Sethro, hello Larry." He tries his best to smile and make eye contact but can't help but be a little jittery when it comes to the newcomers entering the building. It pays to be a little paranoid on The Island, Sethro has come to learn after being injured a few times, so these people could potentially be Puck's hitmen come to end his life. Or just thirsty respite dwellers. Hopefully the latter.
"So uh," he sets his arms down on the table and tries to smile again, "I hear you're taking a little ride later. Got any room for a hanger-on?"

Not sure if this is a charged sitch,if it is i'd like to read it.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Read a sitch: 2d6+1 6

Welp.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro smiles right back, "Well alright buddy, you probably know what sorta favors I can provide. I'm not exactly the kind of guy you want beating a sucker's head in with a crowbar but if you need something rad outta my junkyard the door's usually open."
Excited, he slaps his hands on the table then holds out his right for a shake.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro is excited he's got this chance to actually see the mythical truck he'd only heard about in a few interviews with particularly savvy folks on The Island. He's sure to inspect the hell out of it before getting in. The front is a pretty normal lookin' truck but with a monster engine and giant rear end custom hood scoops to let it breathe. Huge off-roading tires too, this thing can haul just about anywhere. Now the real magic happens about halfway back where it's obvious that the truck ends and something more imaginative starts. Seems like somebody decided a heavy duty truck and some construction vehicle needed to have a baby, and this is the lovechild. The rear has the treads of what appear to be some sorta construction or hi-tech military vehicle from way back in the day, either way they're huge and made for whatever terrain The Island can throw at it while towing who knows what. The rear, even piled high with scrap metal, is gonna stay on the ground and keep the front end going at a decent clip.

Sethro can't get the smile off his face. Engines and poo poo weren't exactly his game but he knew how to appreciate workmanship, feel? Ideas start to flow through his head though, this rigout could be better really. When your hauling stuff sometimes it pays to move that poo poo around at the same time.

"Hey Larry, you ever think about mounting a crane up in this? Get some controls up in the cab, maybe a little camera so you can see what you're doing..."

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sethro hops in the cab and excitedly drums on the dash. "Let's roll!"

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Well it's not so much that Larry is a bad driver it's that time spent driving this massive piece of machinery has taught him some bad habits. Such as plowing through anything that happens to get in his way and crushing it beneath his treads. Doing a little edge work on a rice paddy, crunching up some bamboo, Sethro quickly learns the drill. It certainly gets them where they're going pretty fast, what with the shortest distance between two points being a straight line through a bunch of debris.

Speaking of experience, I believe I'm also due an advance. Gonna go with Deep Insights: you get +1weird (weird+3).

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 10, 2014

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Yo buddy," Sethro slinks his way in and admires Algonquin's setup. "I'm Sethro, run a little radio show when I got the time. Nowadays I'm working off a debt to the DZA, working on something...interesting." Sethro gets a certain glint to his eye that only happens when someone who likes to talk finds an audience. Hopefully one who wants to listen.

"So what we're working on over in the Respite is pretty hi-tech, this is some old time religion you feel me? A robot. Arm. We're talking about cybernetics here, you rip off a guy's arm and replace it with metal. What I've got done is making the drat thing, even getting the nerves hooked up. The problem, like you see a lot, is power. We need some hi-tech power source for this thing, nobody wants to walk around with a car battery strapped to 'em right?"

He gestures with his hands generously as he talks, even pausing for a moment here and there to wish he had something to write with. Just pure savvy excitement.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Aw yeah dude!" Sethro is always excited when someone's a fan of the show, and Algonquin is a true fan if he gets the numbers the way it seems he does. Seems you gotta be a little weird around here to be savvy. He happily claps the man's hand and gives it a hearty shake. He's more of a high-five kind of guy but you take what you can get.

"So I don't have much...well any lucre or luxe gear on me." He spreads his arms then pats down his pockets in a gesture of futility. "I got enough electronia I could probably figure out an adapter if I got this 'lion' from you. So what can I offer..." Sethro drums his fingers on the sides of his pants as he thinks.

"Well I can't offer my services as the savvy man I am quite yet unless you wanna take a rain check until I finish this arm project, I'm doin' it for the DZA in exchange for him saving my life." He cocks his head and faux-whispers a bit, "Fell in love, got shot, long story. You'll hear it on the program sometime when I get back on the air." He cracks his knuckles and stretches his fingers out in front of him. "I suppose I can give you my word if you come by the studio and need me for a project I'll help, or if you got something around here right now you need a hand with. You know I'm not the crowbar-murder type." He shrugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Well poo poo." If it's just Bean then this might just be okay. Everything might be just fine. If it's the rest of her people taking over the entire studio then this might be a real problem. If it's the former then this might even be for the best for now, let somebody else take over the numbers. She always seemed to 'get it' the best out of anybody, maybe even as well as me.

"How are you on raw materials? I got a whole junkyard full of stuff, along with a dece collection of electronica. We could take a hike up to Wolf Mountain and I can check in on the studio while you take a look around my collection?"

He ponders this a second, then raises a finger. "I got another idea. You have anything broken you don't know how to fix? Something stonewalling you? Hell, you might not even know how it's broken." He jabs a thumb confidently at his chest, "I'm your man there. Things get a little weird, but I'm a weird guy."

• Locked thread