Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Ebbs

It was a good day. The scavenging paid off and now Ebbs got a little extra coin to jingle. He managed to get Larry to help him haul the salvage to River Delta. Larry and Ebbs have known each other for a long time. Ebbs has done some work for Larry and Larry giving Ebbs a ride into River Delta is how that debt is paid off. After Ebbs got Zed to buy his salvage, Ebbs was ready to go to the Market. Yeah, the Market is the best place on the island to get separated form your hard earned money. Just about anything you can find for sale on the island can be found here. Ebbs likes to make sure he can most of life's necessities by home, but sometimes there's things you just can't find at home. Right now Ebbs was looking for some spices. He needed something to spice up the fish and other food he had at home. He knew someone at the Market would give him what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

If he had to, Ebbs could live with the salt he made himself. He had to make do before, but with his gigs paying off Ebbs wanted to get something for his effort. The seller had a bottle of Chinese Five spice powder. Hard as hell to come by, the seller probably got it from some scavenger's lucky find on the beach. Ebbs decided he was going to drop some jingle to make sure he got the bottle of spice. Ebbs put up the coins they used at the market to let the merchant know he was interested. Looking into the merchant's eyes, he knew this wasn't going to be a simple purchase.

4 Barter at the start. Spending 2.

Barter: 2d6+2 6

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

He turned slowly to take in the situation. Last thing he wanted was a fight, but sometimes you can't avoid it. He checked out the situation. His mind figured out the best way of getting out of here. He doubted this bitch would start poo poo up alone. He knew he needed to know who the biggest threat was and if there were any other complications in the situation.

Read a sitch: 2d6 11

The three questions:
where’s my best escape routet?
which enemy is the biggest threat?
what should I be on the lookout for?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"Give you yours?" Ebbs told her. "Now what would that be? I'm thinking that you didn't recognize me at first. I don't think I got anything of yours and you probably just want to move along. You remember Jetsam Jack? Yeah, he thought I had something of his too. He provided the local fish population with another meal. I'm thinking we can just go about our own ways and forget this."

I assume since I'm threatening her, I use Seize by force?

Seize by Force Going Aggro: 2d6+1 10

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 12, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Foo, as long as its ok with you and since it requires hard for either roll, I just changed seize by force to going aggro

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Hearing the intrusion Ebbs smiled. He backed up from Puck and made sure not to go near Sansa. Things just changed and he needed to assess the new situation.

"This Wrecks and Wracks territory?" Ebbs asked. He wasn't sure if it was or not, but he figured it might worry Puck more then it would worry him. He'd fight Puck if it came down to it and run if things got bad. The situation was different if Sansa was involved. He wasn't going to fight Sansa. Ebbs knew his limits and taking on Sansa wasn't something he wanted to try. Ebbs knew he was a little fish facing a shark with Sansa. The only question was what Puck was thinking. Did she think she had the stones to take on Sansa? Puck had her boys, but they still weren't a match for Sansa. Of course if Puck wanted to move up to the big time, she'd have to contend with Sansa. Maybe Puck would decide to do that now instead of later. As for me, I'm still in a real poo poo situation without any good options. Still better to wait to see how things develop.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 14, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"What you going to do now Puck? Nothing more I'd like to see then to have Sansa and her boys beat the snot out of you. The problem is, they'd kick my rear end too. Far as I'm concerned, we could just forget about our fight and leave. I got no interest in fighting anyone here. Course, I'm just one lone dude. Not a leader of a gang. I don't have to worry about what the people under me would think." Ebbs talks and backs up a little. He looked around, but couldn't figure out the best way out of the situation.

Read a sitch: 2d6 6

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"You still want to talk big in a situation like this, Puck? As if things are bad enough, you want to antagonize the person mostly likely to kick your rear end? Seems like the dumbest way to get out of this situation. Unless you want your rear end killed. Personally I don't have a death wish, so I'm trying to figure out a non-violent solution to this problem. I guess you're too stupid to think of something like that. Same way you're too stupid to know you shouldn't have tried robbing me."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

He could feel the blood trickle coming from his nose. At the moment he would like nothing more then to shoot her sorry rear end, however, he knew that a response like that would cause a chain reaction of bad things happening. Best to keep this fight to fists and knives.

Hearing Sansa's offer he nodded. He still thought he was in the right with the salvage, so he wasn't going to apologize for that. On the other hand, he knew being allied with Sansa was in his best interest. If things had gone differently in the fight, then he would have been pleading with Sansa to not kill him for going on her turf. Having things turn out this way allowed him to save his dignity.

He walked over to Sansa and took Gregor from her. He couldn't help, but notice that she was wounded too. No sign of the attack though and that worried him. As he took the weight of Gregor off of her, he whispered to her.

"Need to get you out of here. Talk later." Ebbs saw this as a business transaction. He helped Sansa and then he'll get paid with forgiveness. Definitely a good deal to him. Assuming of course there weren't any threats in the crowd.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 22, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

With Gregor out and Sansa close to it, Ebbs kept an eye open for all three. Without Sansa showing up, Ebbs wondered if he could have handled the situation or not. That was a tough question. A question he didn't really want to answer. He hated the idea that he couldn't survive on his own. The fight in the market made him wonder. Sansa might have balanced the ledger with her forgetting about that incident between them, but now it seemed like there were new marks in the ledger. Who owed who right now? Ebbs knew whether either of them liked it or not, the incident tied them together in a significant way. Sansa saved his rear end and then he went and saved Sansa's rear end and her boy's too. Ebbs knew that if he didn't step in, he could have given up Sansa to Puck. Puck might have been able to take out Sansa and make a bid to be the new hard holder. If that happened, then all hell would probably break loose. Keeping some semblance of order on the island made life on the island better, but how much did it matter to a guy like Ebbs? Getting Sansa and Gregor out of there might put them in his debt, but it might also mean he's obligated to keep an eye on them. Especially Sansa.

When Ebbs got to Sansa's holding, he helped her get some first aid. After that he just waited to see what Sansa had to say.

Ebbs certainly got to know Sansa better or something. Hx+1.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

[b]Sansa and Sethro, turns out the best doc around is well, the best doc around, and he's in O'Malley's Respite. The both of you ended up under the care of the DZA, as he's called. Bean didn't like being around when Sansa was. Sethro, seems like she stuck around while you were gettin' stitches and pills more than she needed to be.

Ebbs, how'd you leverage taking care of the Queen into good standing in the Wrecks and Wracks, and who there might have their loyalty shifting a bit?

Its another gig, is what it is. Leverage? I cleared up one outstanding pain in the rear end for a new one. I know Gregor is grateful for what I did. I didn't associate too much with the other people there. Some of them might think of me a little more kindly, but there was nothing I noticed.

Captain Foo posted:

Sansa, Zeb's looking for his payoff, starting to get antsy. Yeah, you've been laid up, but a deal's a deal.

Ebbs, you getting in the middle of this?

No one is gonna accuse me of being a people person. Still, if Sansa needs my help, she's got it. Even though I saved her life, I feel like I got an obligation to her now.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 6, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Gregor dead? That's a shame. Without others seeing what I did, I don't think they're going to have their loyalties swayed. I'm not a leader, I'm just a guy. Maybe there's people at W&W who might be inclined to treat me a little nicer.

I decided to just do some scavenging, wanted to keep low for the moment.

1 gig Scavenging (1-barter / impoverished): 2d6+1 8

Also Ebbs is up for the replacement Warden position.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Normally he wouldn't be working for someone like this, but he could see trouble coming. He would need back up. Being a part of Sansa's crew would give him that. And a steady pay check. That'd be good too. If things got bad, he knew he could head back home.

During the talks with Sansa, he mostly listened. Sansa paid the money, he'd listen to what she had to say. When Nimzovitch came in, he looked over, but said nothing. This was Sansa's show.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Best way to avoid someone breaking into your place and stealing your poo poo is to not have anything worth taking. Someone might go and wreck what's there, but reacting to that act of aggression only benefits the person doing the wrecking. Ebbs living where he did was out of convenience. Right next to the shore meant that he was closer to the flotsam and jetsam that washed up. If someone decides to take over his home, then they're going to get a rude awakening when Ebbs decides to come home. It won't be unexpected either. Ebbs made sure anyone coming to his place knows its his. He even left a sign saying, "Ebbs lives here. If he's not here, he'll be back. Trespass at your own risk."

He'll be joining Sansa in her war.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Maybe, just maybe, Ebbs thought, this is a bad idea. He wondered if he should have just hightailed it back to his place on the coast and hunker down. Run away and fight another day. Too late for regret. Now was time to push forward and put a hurting on anyone in the way.

Ebbs looked at the barricade and started to figure out his options. He didn't see any. Someone set up the barricade and was ready for Sansa. It seemed like they were up poo poo creek without a paddle. He waited to see what Sansa wanted to do next.

]Read a sitch: 2d6 5

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Time to talk was over, time to fight wasn't here yet. Ebbs knew right now his best course of action would be to find some cover before the shooting started. He couldn't let the light deter him from finding a safe place. Unfortunately there just wasn't any cover to be had. This fight was gonna get ugly real quick. He looked to Sans and hoped that he could at least help her.

Ebbs hosed up his act under fire roll.

Act under fire: 2d6+2 7

I'd like to help Sansa with whatever she does next. Hx+3 I believe.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Pondering his choices, he decides to go with the one that would help Sansa even if it meant he had to put his own rear end on the line.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

It was time to get excessively violent. Ebbs nodded to Sansa and made his move up to the wall. While Sally Sledge was trying to rally her troops Ebbs was gonna see about ending this fight. Best tactic in a group fight always was killing the leader. Take out the leader and that usually took the fight out of the other opponents. Ebbs knew it was a long shot, but he took it anyways.

Seize by Force: 2d6+1 11

Unsure of what happens now. I want to go and kill Sally Sledge or get close enough to get into a fight with her.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"What's the plan boss? I'm ready for whatever you need me to do."

Assisting Sansa.

Assist Sansa: 2d6+3 9

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

When you're paid to commit violence on others, you have to expect that at some point violence is going to be committed on you. Ebbs knew the risks when he put himself into violent situations. The chance of dying or being hosed up the rest of your life is always possible. When the explosion happened, he knew this was his payment for a life of violence.

He didn't think to throw himself in front of Sansa, it was just a reaction. Whatever self-preservation instinct he once had, wasn't around any longer. When he saw an ally in danger, he protected them.

"poo poo." Ebbs looked down and saw that his makeshift leather armor wasn't there anymore. Instead the piece in front had been destroyed. His chest looked like hamburger with bits of metal poking out.

"Ah, gently caress." He didn't bother to get up, since he knew the fight was over for him.

poo poo That Could Kill You: 2d6+1 9

On a 7-9, you've been hit pretty bad, but it looks like you'll live. Choose one from serious poo poo, the MC will choose one or two from pain.

Ebbs is taking, "This wound won't heal: it will develop complications instead."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"I hope that fight gave you something. Something useful that is, not like this wound of mine. At least if I make it back to your place, I can get it fixed." Ebbs makes sure nothing important falls out of him and then says,

"So Sansa what's your next move?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"Making friends would be a helluva lot less painful. That's for sure. I don't think I could handle another battle like that." He begins to walk, a little unsure of himself but he still managed to walk.

"So you're gonna go on a friendship tour. Who's first on your list?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

From Ebbs, Paris gets +1.

Ebbs will take the +1 from Paris and its +2 now.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"I'm sorry Sansa. I'm just all hosed up right now and I don't know what I can do right now for you. I'm gonna need to see DZA. And it'll probably be a pain in the rear end to get to him. I might just go myself, so I'm not a burden on you. If he can help me and I make it back, I'll take up my duties again.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

No matter which way he went, Ebbs knew he'd have trouble. Some ways would probably be more dangerous. Going through the market would be like an open invitation to Puck or some other bastard to take him out. Ebbs couldn't count on people to help him if he went through the market. If he tried finding a new trail, then it would take too long. Ebbs didn't want to take a chance that he over exerts himself and collapses in the middle of no where. Only one option remained. The coastal path. Ebbs started walking. He knew he was taking a risk going this way, but no matter where he went now there would be a risk.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

He looked back and saw the blood trail.

"Dammit. loving guts are leaking out." Turning around he saw her further down the beach. Lexis waved at him and he waved back. She was a short brunette. Cute as hell and a bit younger then Ebbs. Ebbs had done some work for her father, Ernst Hemming. A few of the times when there weren't paying gigs, he'd go out with Ernst and help him haul in catches. Ernst was a widower and Lexis was his only daughter. Ernst and Lexis were both island natives. Ernst even continued his family's tradition of being fishermen. His plied the seas since forever. It didn't seem like Lexis was going to follow in his footsteps though. She dreamed of getting away from the island. Ebbs got to know both of them pretty well. After Ebbs and Ernst came in from fishing all day, Lexis would cook for them. Since her mother died Lexis took care of her father, making sure he was fed and taking care of the house. Ebbs wondered if that spurred Lexis into wanting to leave. Either that or one of those books she read. Her family had a small library of books and she probably read everyone of them twice.

Ebbs saw Lexis approaching and knew she would be worried for him. He didn't want to get her involved in his problems, but he knew she would. That's how she was.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"Helping out the Wrecks and Wracks crew. I owed them for helping me out when I got into a jam. The Queen had a plan and I backed her. Not sure if it went the way she wanted. Guess this is my way of saying, yeah, I'm involved in the mess at the market. Now I'm paying for getting involved in that mess." Ebbs leaned on the girl. He knew he wasn't going to be able to get to the doc at this rate. Maybe if he could just rest at Lexis's place.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"Its that bad? drat. I don't know if things are going to get better soon either." Ebbs didn't realize how Sansa's action would impact other people. That's probably why he didn't want to get to close to anyone. The moment you start to get close to people, bad things happen and you want to help them. Its not always possible to help them though.

"I know Sansa had a fight near the market, but she only did that because she thought she was losing control. I think someone or some group is upsetting the balance of power on the island. And people like that, they don't care about the people who might be affected. People like you and your father."

Ebbs wondered how much of this mess was due to his involvement. Maybe things wouldn't have gotten this bad if he just walked away when he had a chance. He had to do something now to try to make up for what he did.

"I'll tell you what Lexis. If you can help me out a little bit, then when I get fixed up I'll be back to help your dad."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"What is it you need? What would help you out the most. That's what I'll do." He didn't know if it was guilt or obligation, but he wanted to do something to help Lexis and her father. "If you need to get your fish to market, I can do that. If you need a buyer, then I'll wrangle a buyer for you. Just let me know what you need and I'll take care of it."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"The market open and bustling. That's a tall order." He thought about it. Pulling this off was a massive undertaking. How many different factions on the island were going after each other currently? Could they all agree to leave the market as a neutral ground? He wasn't sure if it would be possible or not, but he had to try.

"O.K. I'm gonna head out. See about getting myself fixed up and then I'll see what I can do about the market. Maybe if I could get everyone to agree that keeping the market a neutral ground. That should fix things right?"

He didn't stay much longer, figuring he needed to head out again.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Just gotta make it to the doc and everything will be all right. Don't think about the blood. Keep moving. Can't stop. I have promises to keep. All I need to do is keep putting one foot in front of the other. Stay on my feet. Don't sit down. Don't stop. Was it getting cold? Feel cold. Keep moving, stay warm. Just a little further. Get to the doc and everything will be all right.

Ebbs kept pushing himself knowing that if he didn't he might not live to see another day.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Just a little further, Ebbs thought to himself. I'll get there and everything will be all right. For a while Ebbs had been walking with his head down. He looked up to see how far he had to go and there was a pale looking guy in a black suit. Ebbs took note of how much longer to go and ignored the man he saw. Ebbs didn't know who the man was and at this point didn't care to chat. Several footsteps (or maybe minutes) later, Ebbs looked up again. The town got a little closer, but it still seemed far away. The man in black moved from the position he was in to a closer spot, now standing in a spot between the town and Ebbs. The man nodded at Ebbs, but Ebbs didn't say anything. He just kept walking. Even though Ebbs was focused on getting to town, he couldn't help but wonder who this guy was. A person on the island isn't likely to know every single soul, but this guy seems like he'd stand out. Looking up again, the guy seemed to have moved again. Closer now. The man looked tall and thin and white as a ghost. Ebbs kept moving, but didn't look down. Not this time. It seemed like the man was waiting for him.

Ebbs waited until he was close enough to not have to yell to be heard.

"Who are you? Don't think I met you before."

"Our paths have crossed, but we have not made each others acquaintance yet."

A chill went down Ebbs spine. Something about the way the stranger spoke was unsettling in a way that couldn't be described.

"What the hell? What do you want with me?"

"I came to see how you are doing, Ebbs. Yes, I know your name. I know all about you. You could say its my job to know such things."

"Your job? What the gently caress? You stalking me? Who is it you work for? Huh? Puck pay you or is it some other gently caress head?"

"Oh no. I am not in the employ of any of your enemies. Nor am I working for anyone on the island."

"What? That doesn't make sense. There is just the island. Ain't poo poo out there. Just water out there." Ebbs didn't know whether to be afraid of the stranger or angry. Something was off about this stranger.

"You don't believe that do you, Ebbs? What would Dahlia say?"

"Fucker, you leave her out of this. She's gone. She went off to sea and never came back. And if you don't stop loving with me I'll toss your scrawny dead body into the water for sharks to eat." He could barely feel his legs. Thinking got harder. Ebbs refused to look weak in front of this bastard, so he stood up and looked at the man defiantly. Except it wasn't a man no more.

The pale thin man, was now a pale thin woman. Whereas the man had his hair cut very short and neat, this woman's hair was long and collected in the back. She and the man who was there looked like they were related. Ebbs didn't see how someone could change in such a short period of time. He looked around to see how the trick was done, but didn't see any signs of how the trick was done. It didn't seem possible that this person could have changed their appearance so quickly either. There were differences in the facial structure that make up couldn't accomplish.

"No trick, Ebbs." her voice had a soothing quality to it, as though she were singing a lullaby to an infant.

"I'm hallucinating. drat, must have lost too much blood." He looked down at his wound. She spoke up again.

"And what if it isn't an illusion? What if I am real."

"If you're real, then poo poo." he sighed as he thought who this could be. "I would have thought you'd be carrying a scythe or something. You here for me then?"

"Even though you do not see me, I am around. You are surrounded by death Ebbs. So far I have only collected other souls, but one day it will be you."

"So this is it for me? I'm gonna bleed out here? gently caress that. Ain't gonna let you take me that easily." Ebbs started walking again, he wasn't going to die here. He looked over and saw that the stranger was a man once more.

"I am patient. I can wait."

"Yeah, well gently caress off." Ebbs tried to speed up his walking, but he continued to move slow. After walking twenty feet, he looked back to see if his companion was still there. No one was there.

Ebbs kept walking.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Ebbs looks up at the man. The man was only doing his job, but right now Ebbs wasn't in the mood to deal with this poo poo.

"Get me to the Doc. Got barter."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"Well poo poo." Ebbs stumbles to his knees. "Got some barter. If that ain't enoung, we can make a deal. You know who I am and what I can do. You get me fixed up and I can take care of one of your problems." Through the pain Ebbs smiled. He knew the doctor knew him, even if Ebbs didn't recognize him at first. The doc knew if Ebbs said he'd take care of a problem for you, the problem gets taken care of. Usually in a permanent fashion involving a quick burial at sea.

roll+cool. On a hit, they’ve heard of you, and you say what they’ve
heard; the MC will have them respond accordingly. On a 10+, you
take +1forward for dealing with them as well. On a miss, they’ve
heard of you, but the MC will decide what they’ve heard.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

He reached up and shook the man's hand.

"Its a deal." At this point there was no way of negotiating a better deal. Ebbs knew he had to take it and eat the poo poo sandwich he was about to get served after he wakes up.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

The darkness gave way to torches at the entrance to some old building. A very large old building designed for people meeting or for them to live? Ebbs walked into the building. The first room looked like a large cave. The ceiling was at least twenty if not thirty feet high. Hard to accurately judge because the ceiling itself remained in the dark. Torches lined the walls. Looking around Ebbs saw a stone counter where perhaps workers would be stationed. To his left, he saw the ruined remains of furniture. The place had fallen to disrepair, but beyond the evidence for the passing of time remained some of the beauty that this place might once have possessed. The place left the impression that a great many people had passed through its doors.

The area he stood in seemed to be only the entrance. He looked and saw that it led to a larger room, both in size and height. He walked through the lobby and stepped into what lay beyond. As he stepped into this new room and looked down at the carpet. He remembered carpet. This wasn’t the kind of carpet he’d see nowadays, instead it covered the entire floor. It also seemed to have a repeating pattern. Looking close Ebbs saw curved swords, hour glasses and snakes done in red and blue against a black background. The carpet itself looked as though a lot of feet walked over it.

Looking up he saw that ceiling to the room went beyond the height of the previous room and it disappeared into darkness as well. The shape of the room was square. At the center of the room was an area surrounded by waist high walls with openings cut into each of the four sides. In the four corners of the center area were pillars. The pillars appeared to be carved out of some natural stone. The carpeting went around the center area surrounding it like water surrounds an island. torches held in place by sconces of iron giving off enough light to see the immediate area and nothing more.

Ebbs walked into the center of the room. The not-room had couches placed in a pattern Ebbs couldn’t see. He could tell that the positioning of the furniture wasn’t accidental. Someone placed everything in a deliberate fashion. He heard a voice.

“Welcome Ebbs. We haven’t met yet. My name is Kali.” Ebbs looked to his left and saw a woman laying on a couch. She had black disheveled hair. Her skin looked darker than any person he had seen in his life. She wore a loose fitting blue dress with a belt made of skulls. Ebbs couldn’t be sure if the skulls were real or not. He also couldn’t figure out how old she might be. Judging by looks alone, Ebbs would have said that she was in her early twenties. He knew this first impression was wrong though, she was far older than that. Possibly older than any human had a right to be. She smiled, but Ebbs didn’t find any comfort in it. He thought he met dangerous women before, but they were nothing compared to this Kali.

“What’s going on?” He asked her. Last he knew, he was going to be operated on and then he opened up his eyes and found himself here.

“You are in my home. This is where I live. I desired to see you, so you came to me.”

“What? This isn’t right. I didn’t come here to see you. I don’t even know who you are.”

“Yet, you do my work. You make my presence known. My will flows through your actions.”

“Hold on a minute lady, I don’t work for no one, but myself. That’s how its always been. People pay me, but they aren’t my boss. I do what I want, when I want to do it.”

Her smile grew and Ebbs could see that her canine teeth were fangs. She looked at him with her deep brown eyes and said,

“You are a killer. A man who visits destruction on those around him. You might be paid to bring chaos, but that is not why you do it. You might deny it, but your path is that of the destroyer.”

“I’m not a bad guy. I’m just doing what I’m paid to do. I can’t help it that I’m good at doing bad things.”

“They are not bad things. All things die. Nothing lasts forever. Expect change, because it will happen. You are just another agent of change. Good and evil are human concepts. Nature is neither. Nature just is, the same as you.”

“So what does that make you Kali? What’s your part in this?”

“I just am. I exist to bring change.”

“And death. I noticed your belt there. You seem into this death thing. “

“Death is change. Those who die, come here and leave to go elsewhere. This is my home and it is open to everyone.”

“Wait, does that mean I’m dead now?”

“You are not dead, merely close to it. I took this time to see you. To lay my eyes on my champion.”

“Yeah? Dammit.” He knew she was right. He might not have known her name, but he sure as hell brought death and destruction wherever he went. If death brought change, then he managed to create a lot of change on the island.

“You will be going back to your place. Your role in the events on the island is not yet finished. You still have a part to play. Change will happen and you will be a part of it. What you knew will be undone.”

“gently caress it, I’m done. I did enough damage before. I’m gonna just go back to my cave. If I stay there, I won’t hurt anyone and I won’t destroy anything.”

“You are mine Ebbs. No matter what you wish to do, you will be doing my will. It is who you are.”

Before he could argue the point, he found that he couldn’t say anything. He was silent. And then the darkness swallowed everything up.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Waking up, Ebbs started to wonder if the world would be better off if the doc didn't do such a great job. The world could use one less killer running around. Now that the surgery was over and he was back on his feet, Ebbs wasn't gonna undo the doctor's efforts. Besides, he had debts to pay off and he always paid his debts off.

He looked over the house. It was an old building. Probably built decades ago or maybe even in the last century. It must have been a real nice place back then. Time has taken its toll on it though. Hasn't been painted in years and a lot of the windows are missing. Various bits of scrap and salvage were used to patch up holes in the place. It was often hard to get building supplies on the island. People had to rely on what they found washing up on shore. Who ever lived in this place went to a lot of trouble to make sure the house didn't fall down. And now I'm going to kick them out of this place, Ebbs though.

Ebbs made a deal with the doc. The doc fixed him up and now it was his time to pay up. Ebbs walked up to the door and knocked. He waited for someone to answer. Maybe this wouldn't be difficult. Maybe the people inside will just leave without a fight.

Of course Ebbs knew that sure as hell wasn't going to happen.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

There were people inside, but they didn't seem interested in answering the door. Ebbs tried opening up the door. He then yelled into the house.

"Hey, anyone home?" He knew there were people here, but he didn't want them to know that he knew they were inside.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

Ebbs listened and knew who the voice belonged to. It was a little poo poo head by the name of Weed. He was a small time crook who made his living by stealing and doing as little work as possible. Ebbs figured Weed could have been an operator like he was, but he was too cowardly. Little bastard would only get into a fight when he had a couple guys backing him up. One time Weed tried to extort people, but that scheme fell apart when Ebbs took out his muscle. Realizing that it was Weed that was inside, Ebbs figured that Weed probably had some scheme cooked up to live here. And for whatever reason, that scheme just went sour. Whatever had happened, it didn't matter now. Now Weed had get his rear end out of the building.

"Weed, I can hear you in there. You want to come down and talk to me like a man, or do I have to drag your rear end out here?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"Not here for you Weed. We settled our business I'm just doing a job." Ebbs yelled into the house. He didn't want to rush in unless he had to. "Are you going to come down here so we can talk face to face or do I have to come in and find you? I'd like to solve this peacefully."

• Locked thread