Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So like... the difference between the light side ending and the dark side ending is that EVIL Starkiller and CO. watch Vader get taken prisoner? It's made worse by the fact that it's supposed to be raining, and that would make you super obvious to see with your psychic mind powers that sense when other jedis are nearby.

It's clearly the morphogenetic field at work. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.
Contest results are in! (Contest results were in like 2 weeks ago, but I am good at procrastination!)
Remember that this is completely subjective :)
Also there's gonna be three prices, because Simon and me found crow's and pengun's submissions close enough for that.

First place goes to AdventFalls, writing what is, in my opinion, a decent, understandable summary of the plot.

AdventFalls posted:

Driven insane from the memories of a dead man, the protagonist is compelled to see through what that man's memories tell him about - a rebellion against an unjust Emperor, a relationship cut tragically short. His mental instability is only worsened by his great control of 'The Force', a metaphysical power that runs through all things in the galaxy that renders him unable to exercise sound logic. The protagonist's creator wastes millions upon millions of credits out of that corrupt Empire to continue creating apprentices in the hopes one will not be weighed down by the insanity plaguing the protagonist.

Second place goes to nine-gear crow for this piece of work.

nine-gear crow posted:

A man unexpectedly awakens from a coma and is forced to confront the realities of a world that has changed dramatically while he was unconscious, and struggles to reconnect with the lover, friends, and father figure who had all moved on with their lives after he "died" on them. Much heartache and soul searching ensue.

And third place (because you can't really work with two second places) is pengun101.

pengun101 posted:

A man is faced with the fact that he has the face and worse the memories of a dead man. He soon realizes that his mentor, the only man he has ever known is using him as surrogate for the dead man and to further the cold vengeance of the mentor. In a flash of panic and rage, the man escapes his mentors clutchs in hopes of finding the people in "his" memories.

The main price, a Steam copy of Force Unleashed 2 (my condolences for that) goes to AdventFalls.
Second and third place will get the better rewards (that's how contests go, don't they?) of either the Jedi Knight Collection or a copy of Force Unleashed 1 for PC, first choice going to crow.
Please post a way to contact you in the thread to get that stuff settled.

I still fully intend to cover the Wii game, but that will have to wait until my life gets stable again and will be in a new thread.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good luck with the Wii version, and thanks for the discussion of the Original Starkiller.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
gently caress, this reminds me, I haven't claimed my prize yet.

Well, I'll take the Force Unleashed 1 PC copy. I've already got the various Jedi Knight titles, so I'll let someone else have that one (because they're vastly superior games to Force Unleashed :v:)

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
Woo I won!

...gently caress now I own another copy of Force Unleashed II, so really I am the loser!

EDIT: I think PMs work?

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Another one of these times I wish I had platinum, so sadly no PMs for me :(
Throw me a mail at my username at gmail, then.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
Or we do this the easy way. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

That totally wasn't necessary, but thank you!

• Locked thread