Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01

TheShadowAvatar posted:

You wind up seeing far far more Alliance during the US evening/night. Also are those both factions or just one?

Horde only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Sagnid posted:

This seems like a fun project to get involved in. Question though, are people leveling to 70 or just donating to max level?

A few have donated for 70s, in fact one goon hit 80 last night, but most of us are leveling since it's pretty quick compared to vanilla and BC.

If people want to start raiding I can promote those who want to help organize and possibly pass guild leader if anyone wants to be real serious about it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was reading the Dalaran WoW forums and apparently they buffed the health of all the bosses in Naxx to make them more challenging so there goes the blizzlike :v:

http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/community/progressive-realm-algalon/topic/2130/naxx-10-man-double-hp

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh and here's whats being fixed in the downtime:

https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1510
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1525
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1524
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1439
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1205
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1342
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1000
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/326
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1117
https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues/1195

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Abu Dave posted:

I was reading the Dalaran WoW forums and apparently they buffed the health of all the bosses in Naxx to make them more challenging so there goes the blizzlike :v:

http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/community/progressive-realm-algalon/topic/2130/naxx-10-man-double-hp

truth but in all honesty it needed to be done. With 3.3.5a talents people are pulling 4k dps in heroic blues. 6k+ in full naxx gear. There needs to be some sort of buff. Ive run it since the tuning and it is all still quite doable.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh good point didn't think of that. Cool then.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
I'm on as popey. Used to play on the Onyixa GoonSquad back in BC.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was bitvhing in game but holy poo poo Dragonblight is a mess in this. That said being able to still do the DTK troll grind exploit makes up for it. :whatup:

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Yea it is. Howling Fjord isn't a picnic either. Grizzly Hills, scholazar basin, and zul'drak are all peachy though. Northrend questing was kind of a let down compared to 1-68 but it's still quite doable. Best to adopt the mindset of dropping a quest if you have to spend longer than 5 minutes finding the exact pixel in which to use an item.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I almost put my fist through my monitor getting that stupid tree chopping quest in northern dragonblight to work.

That said the free dragon mount item you get is broken and you can fly it anywhere in Dragonblight to cheese the group quests.

But glad to hear about Grizzly and Sholazar. Is icecrown a mess?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Careful with the Drake. I had a buddy get banned for a day for abusing it. Granted he was taking it to Alliance towns and laying waste to anything that moved but still.

The beginning of icecrown was fine but I didn't need to venture far before I dinged 80 and I had no need to set foot in storm peaks.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha going to turn in the drake then. And thanks for the info on icecrown.

When you going to roll a alt and hang with us?!?!?

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
If some of the higher level players have some spare gold, please donate some to the Guild Bank so we can get more tabs. Thanks!

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

ZIGfried posted:

Yea it is. Howling Fjord isn't a picnic either. Grizzly Hills, scholazar basin, and zul'drak are all peachy though. Northrend questing was kind of a let down compared to 1-68 but it's still quite doable. Best to adopt the mindset of dropping a quest if you have to spend longer than 5 minutes finding the exact pixel in which to use an item.

I've only encountered one impossible quest in Borean Tundra that hasn't just been made into a auto complete (I think I've seen 2-3 of those). Some you have to fiddle with to make work but all in all it has been pretty good.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
In as Wallabess

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Hilariously broken pre-Cata aff warlocks? No subscription? Okay, I've been bitten by the WoW bug again. Time to play "how many mobs can I juggle at once without dying?"

In as Marhime.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Abu Dave posted:

Haha going to turn in the drake then. And thanks for the info on icecrown.

When you going to roll a alt and hang with us?!?!?

I'll probably buy an instant 70 sooner or later. I was planning on making a rogue because there are basically none on the server (free loot) and they were super OP in 3.3.5 with one of the easiest rotations in the history of wow. How is Brown Town doing for tanks? I don't think I've seen many.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I was MT for everything up through 10-man normal Sindragosa (I quit the day after we reached Lich King) as a feral druid during live Wotlk and I'm working on leveling up a bear now. It might take me some time though. I'm only at level 24 at the moment on Kazzdel, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

If any other lowbies want me to tank some instances, hit me up when I'm on.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

I'll probably buy an instant 70 sooner or later. I was planning on making a rogue because there are basically none on the server (free loot) and they were super OP in 3.3.5 with one of the easiest rotations in the history of wow. How is Brown Town doing for tanks? I don't think I've seen many.

I haven't made up my mind on if I want to go holy or prot for my offspec (ret supremacy). I think we have one bear tank who is 70, but we could use another.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rogues are super fun in Wrath at end game but horrendous to level, that'l lbe my next one though because I loved mine in ICC.

Anyone know what the downtime was for?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
To those who have donated and done the instant level-70: Are there enough people at level 80 to make it worthwhile? I've leveled a lot of characters, so I'm not going to really experience any content I haven't already done a dozen times over.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not 80 yet but there always seems to be groups forming in global chat, plus well have like four goons at 80 soon

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Cool, I'll probably end up doing the instant-70 then in that case. I'm not really doing myself any favors taking a lot of time to level if it's not what I enjoy from the game.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Heroics usually not hard to find a group for. I see a decent amount of pug raids though rarely for 25 man. As always it's a right place right time kind of thing.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are pugs of naxx doable with the buff?

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

Are pugs of naxx doable with the buff?

Buff is to 10 man. Which hilariously enough sounds like 25 man will be easier to break into than 10 man Naxx.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
One of the posts I was reading in their forums said Faerlina seemed to be tuned assuming about 4.5k dps from 5 dps classes which seems... excessive for Naxx. If I remember right, I'm pretty sure 2.5-3k dps was pretty solid dps in a 10 man on wrath release and was the average dps you could expect from a casual/hardcore mix raid.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but I guess some classes (mages) are pulling 8k because of the 3.3,5 talent buffs. basically gently caress mages

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Ah yeah. That makes sense. My memory's fuzzy on what the big talent changes were over the life of the expansion. Pretty sure druids got the ability to drink potions and use barkskin while shapeshifted sometime in there. Or maybe that was at the end of BC...

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

From what I understand the buff is to both 25 and 10 man. The reasons that 25 man has a reputation for being easier than 10 are:

a) the elevated damage people are pulling

b) the supposedly fixed buff stacking issue. Some buffs with similar effects were stacking like arms Warrior +3% damage and combat rogue +3% damage were combining for +6%. More people in the raid means it's more likely these two (in some cases three) buffs are in the raid.

As Abu said, the 3.3.5 talents are also inflating the dps. For reference I have one piece of naxx25 gear and everything else is either crafted, heroic, or reputation gear. I even have a green boe Wand because gently caress Wand drops. With this gear I'm pulling 4k-4.5k dps no problem. On retail I would have to be pretty decked out in 25 man gear before I hit those numbers.

As for Naxx puggibility, I've been fortunate to avoid most pugs but I did tag along with a 10 man last Friday that was in the middle of the raid. They had already cleared Spider and military wing and had Noth down in plague. We finished plague (wiping several times on heigan. I swear the visual of the dance doesn't match with the actual safe area) and got patch and grobbulus down in construct. We couldn't get past Gluth due to zombie kite failure. All in all the buffed hp (if it is buffed, not sure on this I didn't notice a change) wasn't an issue. The group dps wasn't through the roof or anything. The fights where we had the most issue were the ones where people failed at a mechanic.

ZIGfried fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 22, 2014

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

ZIGfried posted:

The fights where we had the most issue were the ones where people failed at a mechanic.

Can't wait for somebody to wander too close to me while I'm tanking KT. It'll be just like old times.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

I'm really torn on whether to play this or buy another couple months of regular WoW. WotLK was by far my favorite expansion, but I'm torn on whether I really want to lose all of my progress when I inevitably go back to regular WoW when WoD launches in the fall.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Carsius posted:

I'm really torn on whether to play this or buy another couple months of regular WoW. WotLK was by far my favorite expansion, but I'm torn on whether I really want to lose all of my progress when I inevitably go back to regular WoW when WoD launches in the fall.

Buy some beer with that sub money, play here, bathe in nostalgia. When the nostalgia fades, play WoD. Win-win.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It also takes like a day to get to 80 in current WoW weres here will take you 2 or more weeks. So you wouldnt be behind the curve too much come WoD

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Did a full naxx 10 guild run last night. I definitely noticed some of the buffs. Our group composition was

Tanks: Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior (single tank fights Pally went Ret at about 2.5-3k dps)

DPS: 2 spriests (4-4.5k dps), 2 Feral druids (3.5-4k dps), a Mage (3.5k), an Ele Shaman (just dinged, 2.5-3k dps)

Heals: Disc Priest, Holy Paladin

Construct Wing:

Patchwerk, Grobbulus, and Thaddius all worked flawlessly. The zombies on Gluth take some special planning. Once they latch on to someone (usually a healer) basically it takes a taunt to get them off. Aggro mechanics seem a bit screwy. Therefore we had our Prot Warrior kiting and one of the ferals tank gluth with his bear off spec. Fight went fine after we figured this out.

Spider Wing:

All three of these bosses are working great. Both widow and maex received a notable buff but it was nothing outrageous. On widow we accidently killed one of her adds and still burned her down within 3 enrages with the help of a bloodlust. We would have had an extra 30 seconds if we had executed the fight perfectly. On maex, the spider adds that spawn got an hp buff. Before you could completely ignore them and they would die to splash damage, now they must be burned down via aoe before Web wrap. Both changes are good.

Plague Wing:

All three bosses are working flawlessly. We one shot heigan with only 2 people dying. Not sure if zones got fixed or if we just adapted to this server.

Military Wing:

Gothik and Horsemen working perfectly. Razouvious however is a bit screwy. His adds generate essentially no threat and all dps was capped at about 2.5k this lead to adds dying and razouvius being kited for his last 10%. Likely the most broken boss in the raid but easily fixable.

Saph and KT worked flawlessly as well. The Shaman we were with is a real life friend of mine who just dinged 80 and was going on his first raid since retail wotlk. Here's what he had to say.

quote:

I thought it was amazingly close to retail. Some mechanics i thought they would have problems with, they actually got right on. I see that raiding was their priority when making this server. Who cares if the heroics are a little screwy as long as the raiding experience seems legit

Needless to say. I am pumped for Ulduar.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you jump right into naxx once you hit 80?

Simikiary what's wrong with the heroics :v

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

You need a moderate amount of heroic gear. At least be hit capped if possible.

Here's a breakdown of what I've seen.

Occulus: Ruby Drakes main attack can chain to non Drake enemies. People will lure an azure Drake near a pack and spam their attack. Works on bosses too.

UP: Skadi is a piece. A single harpoon will often times kill him and leave his corpse in the air unlootable. Some people can get him down normally but I have no idea how they do it.

OK: OK is the worst offender. Second boss Prince something has a life steal move that will stack so if you don't burn him down before he gets 3 or so of them running he can't be killed. Basically a dps race. The fungus boss I couldn't get mini off of me even if I attack a healthy mushroom. We eventually killed him but it's really a race before the healer ooms. The other bosses function fine. There is also one add that has an Aura that stacks a debuff that reduces Max hp. It has no Max range so once or twice in the instance you have to run to a safe spot for the debuff to fall off before you can get to the Pack that has the add.

Everything else pretty much works as intended.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a coincidence the three worst instances

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Abu Dave posted:

What a coincidence the three worst instances

Old Kingdom is the best instance :colbert: (when it works, although the stacking health steal seems like it'd make him an actual challenge.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a healer the -health debuff on the trash was never fun. :colbert:

• Locked thread