Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to start FIXINS FUN FEST once a week, as the top elite 10% of <Brown Town>, Algalons premiere RP Anime Christian Atheist guild, gather together and try to kill bad men in NAXXRAMMAS and Obsidian Sanctum. I am wondering what day works best for those of you guys who plan to hit 80 within the next month, and what time. I would elect no Fridays or Saturdays, but remember the server resets on Friday nights. Sunday and Wednesday would be my choice.

Let me know!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Make sure it's not on Mondays and Wednesdays so that you don't lose people who play on the Vanilla server :eng101:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sunday after 7pm PST works for me.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

dkj posted:

Sunday after 7pm PST works for me.

This would be my choice as well.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Bishop01 posted:

I don't play wow anymore but I read these threads for funzies occasionally. Instead of budget hosting or paying for vent you guys should just use the CTS mumble server, its 500 person and hardly ever half full. Just cause you are pretending you are playing wow 5 years ago don't mean you need to use crappy voice chat from then!

Can you PM the info to me? If not my email is my username at hotmail dot com.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

I want to start FIXINS FUN FEST once a week, as the top elite 10% of <Brown Town>, Algalons premiere RP Anime Christian Atheist guild, gather together and try to kill bad men in NAXXRAMMAS and Obsidian Sanctum. I am wondering what day works best for those of you guys who plan to hit 80 within the next month, and what time. I would elect no Fridays or Saturdays, but remember the server resets on Friday nights. Sunday and Wednesday would be my choice.

Let me know!!!!

I mentioned it online yesterday but figured I'd post it here, as well. My schedule's pretty sporadic and I might be hard to rely on for a scheduled raid each week.

I am willing to host a pug; either 10 man or 25 man (or both if I have time that week) for any members who also cannot meet scheduled times. I do not want to step on Fixins' toes; however, and I would love to join his raids on days where it happens to coincide with my schedule. I have experience leading raids for this expansion, and I often put together 25 man pugs during retail, as my guild was more focused on 10-mans. I am also willing to take less experienced raiders to teach them the encounters and mechanics.

It might take me a couple weeks before I am able to begin hosting any of these raids (still have to get Kazzdel to 80 and get gear, much like everybody else in the guild not named Fixins). I also can't guarantee any measure of success, so I encourage everybody to join Fixins' raid as it's likely to be less chaotic with fewer pubbies.

Even if you're a complete newbie to this content I encourage you to try the raiding for this expansion. If the server is blizzlike, then WotLK is some of the best raiding you can get from this game, IMO.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're too kind Kazz but Fixins Friends Zone will be entirely pubbie as you saw my gundrak recruiting skills last night. I don't mind us pugging most of it though as yeah we still need quite a bit more 80s. If the nice christian anime's of BROWN TOWN want a hard core group we can work on that later when hard modes actually start existing.

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 29, 2014

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
We have a channel in the CTS mumble now! "Wow - Algalon" with three group subchannels.

Info is in the MOTD otherwise you can find it here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Suran37 posted:

We have a channel in the CTS mumble now! "Wow - Algalon" with three group subchannels.

Info is in the MOTD otherwise you can find it here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Very nice!

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
In as Ronson

I was on ED for a bit but I didn't realize how much the QoL poo poo mattered to me between then and Wrath. Wrath was pretty much the sweet spot for me, so this looks pretty great.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Buttlesticks here, making my monthly post in the thread.

*ffaaarrrtt*

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Classic Buttlesticks

MMania
May 7, 2008
What the hell, I'm almost to 20 and don't hate this game/myself yet.

In as Townie.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Zigfriend owns game owns play this game.

Thanks for the bags Zigfriend :3:

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Firos posted:

Make sure it's not on Mondays and Wednesdays so that you don't lose people who play on the Vanilla server :eng101:

We can probably overlap MC as you can pretty much afk most of MC. We should advertise Naxx raids as something to do while you are raiding MC on Feenix.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Bishop01 posted:

I don't play wow anymore but I read these threads for funzies occasionally. Instead of budget hosting or paying for vent you guys should just use the CTS mumble server, its 500 person and hardly ever half full. Just cause you are pretending you are playing wow 5 years ago don't mean you need to use crappy voice chat from then!

Yeah, but does Mumble have TTS lady? I refuse to use anything that doesn't have TTS lady.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

BiggerThanPete posted:

Yeah, but does Mumble have TTS lady? I refuse to use anything that doesn't have TTS lady.

Anna is an integral part of any raid.

Dariusz2k
Dec 11, 2006

We currently only support Microsoft Sam. SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Holy nerf city! My entire raid was doing about 75% of their usual damage last night. I upgraded 3 pieces of gear, added a meta gem, and upgraded all my rare gems for epic ones and still pulled 500dps less than I did last week! Staff says no changes have been made that would affect dps so I'm pretty confused. Anyone else notice anything? Specifically caster dps?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ZIGfried posted:

Holy nerf city! My entire raid was doing about 75% of their usual damage last night. I upgraded 3 pieces of gear, added a meta gem, and upgraded all my rare gems for epic ones and still pulled 500dps less than I did last week! Staff says no changes have been made that would affect dps so I'm pretty confused. Anyone else notice anything? Specifically caster dps?

Without logs there's no way to tell, although did you remember to stay hit capped? :v:

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Over the hit cap actually! My spreadsheet still has the upgraded gear better than what I was wearing even with the wasted hit taken into consideration.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah they probably did nerf DPS, i'm noticing a slight nerf in heroics.

That said I just had a CTD in Occulus and now I can't get back on the server rip :suicide:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zigfried I know they have been working on the buff stacking problem, that's probably what they fixed and what's leading to the reduction.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Buff stacking fix supposedly went live over a week ago. There was server maintenance on Tuesday (Anecdotally the problem has existed since then) but the head honcho Lothloryan said it didn't involve anything that could have an effect on dps. Either I'm delusional (totally possible) or the patch had unintended consequences. Really wishing I had logs now!

ZIGfried fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 1, 2014

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Anyone who plans to roll here and donate for instant 70 let me know. I can refer you and get both of us 3x experience to 80.

Also I get a rocket.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Just a warning, be careful when doing the Argent Vanguard quests. The 4th or 5th quest in the chain that starts there called "The Last Line of Defense" puts you in a phased version of the area that does NOT include the Argent Crusade vendor. Normally this quest is completed using cannons to kill 100 Scourge and 3 Elite Frostwyrms (with 300k hp each).

At present, your character will need to kill all of these mobs using normal methods and most likely solo. The Frostwyrms aren't particularly tough for elite's, but the sheer amount of hp they have means it's unlikely anybody but a tank with the ability to heal themselves would be able to last long enough to slowly kill one.

The benefit of this quest, is the phased in area has very quickly respawning mobs with about 10k hp that can be farmed for xp. (Similar to the trolls in Grizzly Hills). I was hitting just under 600k xp/hour with rested while getting the 100 scourge I needed to kill for the quest.

In summary, be prepared if you accept that quest. If you can't complete it, you might not be able to access the Argent Crusade vendor. Maybe dropping the quest will put you back to the default phase, but I did not test that.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Hah yea that quest was a piece. For what it's worth I was able to get a cannon. It was still a pain until i found out if you dismount off the cannon it recharges all of its energy so you can basically spam its 100% energy big bomb over and over.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Anyone doing enchanting? Leveling JC right now and ending up with a lot of low level greens.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Yeah I'm an enchanter, I'm Firos in-game.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

dkj posted:

Anyone doing enchanting? Leveling JC right now and ending up with a lot of low level greens.

I'm just a few points short of moving on to 2nd-tier mats right now, so I'd be happy to snag any ilevel 21+ stuff you've made. Character name is Marhime.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Is anyone else unable to log in?

Edit: Oh it just came back up.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Firos posted:

Is anyone else unable to log in?

Edit: Oh it just came back up.

I'm still stuck at retrieving characters.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone has light leather please sell it to Fixins ty ur best pal

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
People, if you're wondering whether to scratch that itch again, I can tell you that there has never been a better time to get in on the ground floor of a wotlk private server. I just financed Brown Town's fourth bank tab so we have more room to stash the endless leveling blues and purples. I think we set a new record for online guildies yesterday, fourteen!

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
I should have a computer somewhere around the 6-13th and I am itching for some WoW.

What's the class slant in guild atm?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

We've got a good population of everything except for warriors, really. I guess the vanilla warrior grind is breaking those who try it.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I think we only have one warrior who's actually leveling. If you're going to play a warrior then buy level 70. $16 and you don't miss out on anything.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
I think I can handle the grind

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Leveling a priest on this server has so far been easier than leveling a warlock on ED and I'm only 43. So I can't imagine anyone wouldn't be able to handle a warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We need Dk's. Badly.

• Locked thread