Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Ah, okay, found both of them.

Thanks for the first one though. Looks like all of the diaries, save for the first one, are from global dungeons.

Also found out about that title.
There's a specific mountain that you have to avoid that makes a landbridge between the boss and you. It's right about the upper gigamonster.

Edit:Also found out how to access q77. It's a game clear quest from the goddess statue.
2nd Edit: Fun, it looks like the Infinite mode has reduxed versions of the HMH1 maps.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Q64, Wait for it to go out. Hell am I supposed to do here? I've tried beating the boss with less than five seconds on the clock under various conditions, but nothing seems to do the trick. There's nothing to "go out" except time on this quest, either.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Someone please help on Demon Maze

I got all the crystal things on the way down- I'm now level 90 on the overworld and I have all the brave gear. Thinking I was done I got to the bottom floor and got "second shard missing" and when I go to the castle there's a time stone, if I click it "Nothing happened..."

Why can't I revive the teammates? What's the second shard? Why does this maze exist?!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Looks like you're losing your cool there guy. You sure don't like mazes do you.

The gates at the bottom are unlocked by Heart Shards, which each story has one of in the global dungeons. Your team mates are revived from buying the Stone Radar and finding time stones in the Demon Maze. Each of them are set in a specific location.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 7, 2014

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Am I gonna get anything for all these Evil Lord Medals or is just achievements.

I'm a little bummed about how little character art is in the gallery.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

InfinityComplex posted:

Looks like you're losing your cool there guy. You sure don't like mazes do you.

The gates at the bottom are unlocked by Heart Shards, which each story has one of in the global dungeons. Your team mates are revived from buying the Stone Radar and finding time stones in the Demon Maze. Each of them are set in a specific location.

That's the thing. I got all the stones with the stone radar, Yusha said "I sure hope this works" and I recruited #30. Teleported out and went to the castle and nothing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

TurnipFritter posted:

Am I gonna get anything for all these Evil Lord Medals or is just achievements.

I'm a little bummed about how little character art is in the gallery.
I thought they add to your title count.

I like the detail of some trees that are animated and tend to be interacted with.

Is there a place to find a club? I don't remember what happened to it after the chaos of getting titles. Boo to the crafting weapons that are mid-loaded/end-loaded. I get a stick+1 and need Greek letter weapons or something to upgrade anything after that.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's the thing. I got all the stones with the stone radar, Yusha said "I sure hope this works" and I recruited #30. Teleported out and went to the castle and nothing.

1) Did you actually teleport or did you die to a mob? 2) Did you go up to the pedestals and try to activate them on the upper floors? 3) Did you use the time stones from Ragnarok (Have no idea if this matters at all)? 4) Do you have all the heart shards (Don't know if this matters either)?

Edit: damnit, still working on this post- it submitted for some reason
VVVV: It doesn't matter if you beat the game or not when reviving. I did it before beating the game. Also yeah, didn't get the Revolution crew when I used the second stone in Ragnarok.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 7, 2014

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I've gotten the most beautiful reward for title-collecting :allears:

As for the demon maze, the time stones worked just fine for me, but I beat the game before doing the demon maze so I dunno if that mattered. I'm also missing the fourth heart shard, I am pretty sure you get it for Yuja's final fighting tournament, but the clerk just tells me to come back later, what gives?

Speaking of Yuja, is the second time stone bugged for anyone else? I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to get Yushia's crew, but nothing happens.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought they add to your title count.

I like the detail of some trees that are animated and tend to be interacted with.

Is there a place to find a club? I don't remember what happened to it after the chaos of getting titles. Boo to the crafting weapons that are mid-loaded/end-loaded. I get a stick+1 and need Greek letter weapons or something to upgrade anything after that.

The Club is in stage 4 of Overture (The Deep Forest). You'll have to use a torch to burn the vines away from the chest. I don't know if any stores sell it, but you're guaranteed to get one there.

Mage specials seem pretty crummy. They have a pretty abysmal activation rate (the wind tome's was something like 1 in 30 - I've seen it activate once) and they don't seem to be radically better than anything else.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 7, 2014

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Does anybody know where the second and fifth Angel Diaries are? I somehow missed those. Also, how do I activate the demonic half of the ultimate world coliseum or whatever? It just has a guy telling me they don't have enough people for it and to come back later.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kreeblah posted:

Does anybody know where the second and fifth Angel Diaries are? I somehow missed those. Also, how do I activate the demonic half of the ultimate world coliseum or whatever? It just has a guy telling me they don't have enough people for it and to come back later.

The second one is in the ice castle global dungeon in Judgement, but you need the key from the jail global dungeon in the beginning of Judgement. The fifth is unmissable.

As for the ultimate coliseum, by this point I suspect it's unlocked by getting all Ragnarok titles. On that note, you don't happen to know how to get the titles for Q64 and Q69, do you?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

The fifth one requires you to let time run out at the end of one of the scenarios. It gives it to you after the rescue quest in Destiny.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Right, I found a thread on on the game's steam forums on how you unlock the ultimate coliseum.

There's this enemy called Cozain that shows up randomly in the ice castle global dungeon's first floor in Judgement and the Temple of Time global dungeon in Revolution as a random encounter. If you beat him in both scenarios you unlock the final coliseum.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Did I break something? I've beaten all the main modes now but in Ragnarok I got the second time stone(from the dark goddess shop) and all It does when I use it is say SUMMONING ALLIES but the allies from Revolution never show up.

Edit: I'm missing the third diary, and could really use a list of shard locations to help me double-check that I have them before tackling the maze again.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 7, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Heads up on a save corruption issue people are randomly having.
Go to options and make a manual save in each slot.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does EZ Retry unlock at a later date? I'm at the third(?) quest in Chapter 2 and all I can do at the statues is Goddess Warp in global time. :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It does.

Okay, I just got to the Demon Maze. I thought this place was just tedious at first, then they introduced the giant enemies. :suicide: How many floors of this awful dungeon do I have to go through?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's got thirty floors. Also the boss at the bottom is pretty tough and I didn't manage to beat it until I was level 110 or so. You'll also wanna have the first four Heart Shards from the previous scenarios before tackling it.

For a game that's all about doing things quick and making fun of slow tedious grinding in other RPGs, having a slow and tedious dungeon that requires a lot grinding is a bit of a questionable decision.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Boss at the bottom? What boss.
It's just mostly just monsters and a chump there.

Honestly this is not one of the worst dungeons I have ever been in a JRPG. The layout of it is extremely easy to remember after you navigate to the bottom the first time around. Definitely better than say the Labyrinth of Amala in SMT Nocturne or a few of the Dragon Quest dungeons.

Also play q77 if you haven't yet.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Maybe I just don't grasp the deep hidden intricacies of the game but the boss of the demon maze gave me a lot of trouble. But yeah, in another RPG this would've been a mid-to-late game dungeon, but it's still a huge departure from the game's fundamental design philosophy.

Q77 is similarly bad in that it's just an early uphill battle until you got a steady cashflow going, from then on it's really just grinding and grinding some more until you can beat the boss. The game's done some interesting things with its "do stuff in 30 seconds" formula, but the post-game quest isn't one of those. The reward is totes worth it though.

On the whole I'm a bit let down by the endgame. The three main scenarios all ended on strong notes in my opinion while the actual endgame just kinda felt like it lacked something. Absolutely loved the reward for finding all Angel Diaries though.

On a completely unrelated note, I love how the game's music player can be accessed from anywhere in the game once unlocked and overrides whatever BGM would be usually playing. Now I can replay the game with Yuja's theme and Yashu's battle theme blaring in the background.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

As much that I'm defending the endgame bonus dungeon as being rudimentary JRPG dungeon design (honestly what jrpg actually has GOOD dungeon design), it really is different.

I do agree that the endgame was lacking and was sad that they didn't have a stand in for the other game modes on clearing the game. Also kind of sad that we don't immediately have the DLC yet, I think.

More related to the Demon Maze: seriously, what boss at the bottom. All I found there was a chump.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm talking about ex-evil swordsman Yashu. Even with full Brave gear and being in Boost Hero formation I still got my rear end handed to me repeatedly.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Zaggitz posted:

Edit: I'm missing the third diary, and could really use a list of shard locations to help me double-check that I have them before tackling the maze again.

The third diary is in Stage 36 (The lab stage, not the Virtual Boy stage) - Somewhere around when the scientist asks you to push him forwards, you need to either ignore him or be quick to grab the chest in a different direction.

Fake edit: You could probably use this to help a bit. Either limited japanese or google translate will at least hint to what you're supposed to do.

Going through trying to grab all the titles I missed first before tackling the Demon Maze. Also grabbed the titles from 3D-Second Hero - I should have realized I should have equipped the 3D glasses a lot sooner.

I decided to grab the first of the Goddess Loan titles while I was at it. I was worried about fighting the bird with the 3 second limit, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
As far as I can tell, you can't really fight the bird there. Three seconds is not enough to take it out. Seems like the best time to do it is in quest 77, where you can level up a lot more and have more time to take it out.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

a cartoon duck posted:

The second one is in the ice castle global dungeon in Judgement, but you need the key from the jail global dungeon in the beginning of Judgement. The fifth is unmissable.

As for the ultimate coliseum, by this point I suspect it's unlocked by getting all Ragnarok titles. On that note, you don't happen to know how to get the titles for Q64 and Q69, do you?

Do you remember where? I just double-checked all the treasure chests in the ice castle global dungeon and I'm not seeing it.

I've got one of the titles for Q69. After you reveal what a shithole the "paradise" is, go into each of the caves and kill the monster in it.

a cartoon duck posted:

Right, I found a thread on on the game's steam forums on how you unlock the ultimate coliseum.

There's this enemy called Cozain that shows up randomly in the ice castle global dungeon's first floor in Judgement and the Temple of Time global dungeon in Revolution as a random encounter. If you beat him in both scenarios you unlock the final coliseum.

Any idea what "Take my time key." means? I'm getting that at the door to the Temple of Time.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Kreeblah posted:

Any idea what "Take my time key." means? I'm getting that at the door to the Temple of Time.

According to this, you need to grab the Mole Key(Possibly coal key?) from Mole Cave Global Dungeon (East of Omnom), and then use it in the Spent Coal Mine Global Dungeon to get the Time Key (South of Mushroomson), then use that in the Temple of Timealthough I can't tell how accurate this is.

It's really hard to keep track of these items when you pick them up a lot earlier then they're used.

Edit: The diary you're looking for might be in Chapter 22? - the treasure chest on the first floor you can only get to from dropping down two floors.

For me, this chest always shows up as empty when restarting the Chapter, so I'm assuming it's either a shard or the journal.

Other edit: Town names are amazing in this game.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 8, 2014

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

a cartoon duck posted:

I didn't manage to beat it until I was level 110 or so.

Is there a place to level that much that isn't a complete slog? I'm at 50 right now and it's starting to get pretty slow.

pichupal posted:

According to this, you need to grab the Mole Key(Possibly coal key?) from Mole Cave Global Dungeon (East of Omnom), and then use it in the Spent Coal Mine Global Dungeon to get the Time Key (South of Mushroomson), then use that in the Temple of Timealthough I can't tell how accurate this is.

It's really hard to keep track of these items when you pick them up a lot earlier then they're used.

Edit: The diary you're looking for might be in Chapter 22? - the treasure chest on the first floor you can only get to from dropping down two floors.

For me, this chest always shows up as empty when restarting the Chapter, so I'm assuming it's either a shard or the journal.

Other edit: Town names are amazing in this game.

Yeah, it was the one actually in chapter 22. I forgot there was a chest I skipped. I thought I'd tried falling down all the holes, but I guess not.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It seems the DLC is a thing and it will also include more map tiles. I have some ideas on maps.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kreeblah posted:

Is there a place to level that much that isn't a complete slog? I'm at 50 right now and it's starting to get pretty slow.

By the time I finally managed to reach the bottom of the demon maze I already ended up level 90, but even in the maze itself there's no way to grind without it being a slog. But InfinityComplex didn't seem to have any trouble with the boss so maybe I didn't min-max my equipment and class properly, I dunno.

Incidentally today's patch fixed the time stone bug in Ragnarok.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I had the Brave Gear, the hero tribe in the boost all formation (sans one and despite it being one on one), effectively the same level, and a herb when I did the fight. I don't remember if your health drains if you run in that fight, even if it was a global dungeon.

Edit: On second thought, I might've ground to 100 to because of the cash drought from No. 30.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 8, 2014

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I feel like wasting all my cash on level-downers after finishing up the post-game was a smart decision.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Crafting would be far more appealing if there was an easy way to track down old weapons. Like, just put a list of the equipment you found in that stage on the EZ Retry menu, it'd be that easy!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I seem to be missing an iron spear. Is it really so late game?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

I seem to be missing an iron spear. Is it really so late game?

Yeah, you don't get it until Ragnarok 30, and you can't miss it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Sorry for the double post, but: I threw together a quick reference list of where to get weapons based on a Japanese wiki and I figure I might as well post it here. It's pretty barebones because it literally just lists the quest/dungeon you can get the weapon, and the actual names of the weapons are only listed up to what I've found.
...it'd be nice to pinpoint things farther (like listing the prereqs for unlocking gates in global dungeons or where to find items in stages or whatever), but the game makes it kind of difficult to do.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 11, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is the imperial castle outside the Goddess Academy in Revolution supposed to be a Global Dungeon you can't use until later?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is the imperial castle outside the Goddess Academy in Revolution supposed to be a Global Dungeon you can't use until later?

You mean the one from the Switcheroo quest? No, it's never a global dungeon. There's an easily missable one right at the end of Revolution though.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Where on earth do I get the soundtrack to this game though? Yuja's music is hilarious and I love it. Even Youtubes got nothin'.

It's in steamapps\common\Half Minute Hero Two\res\BGM.s2a as Ogg Vorbis files, though I don't quite get the archive format at the moment. You can extract them one-by-one by splitting the file at Ogg headers.

e: Nevermind, got it at least well enough to extract, through maybe not to rebuild. Gimme a bit.
e2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/Tools/HMH2_S2ARex.7z
Extract BGM.s2a and rename all resulting files to *.ogg, there you go.

If you're bored you can dig around in the other game files too, GalleryTex.s2a and texture.s2a contain a lot of *.bmp files (and a few *.png files) for example.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I have been seeing lines of text pop-up while murdering stuff in Revolution, though I don't know what they are.

• Locked thread