Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Sort of gamers.txt but the new Fplus covers Skyrim sex mods. This should be great :allears:
http://thefpl.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=203:episode-132-skyrim-has-crashed-user-decency-error&catid=1:podcasts

First topic: Schlongs of Skyrim

Tracula fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

This reminds me. Has MDickie ever actually said/done anything crazy outside of his games?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Wiseblood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRf800DiOrc

From Chip Cheezum's You Testament LP, a dramatic reading of two of M Dickie's blog posts (voiced by Edwyn Tiong, who's kinda like the Steve Blum of Newgrounds). The :smug: level is off the charts.

:allears: This is magical. Is the guy reading this the same guy who did the voice acting for Dan McNeely in those horrible adventure games Retsupurae covered?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

AugmentedVision posted:

That's not cringe, it's a joke.

Between this and your posts in the FTL thread I'm presuming you really are an idiot or just trolling.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DrPaper posted:

A good amount of those are from the epic "raid" 4chan's /v/ is doing now - reminder they used to champion this game until it became a best seller and "popular". Now it's destroying the industry.

Aren't 9 out of 10 threads in /v/ bitching about how Gone Home is for lesbians and not a real game and also saying at the same time that the VGX was retarded garbage (it was) while also bitching that it gave Gone Home an award (that doesn't matter)?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sandweed posted:

I loved AC4, but if the future of gaming is the same 3 games with slight alterations and minuscule better graphics every year I'm out.

Nah, the future of gaming is indie development and its infinite creativity. We can look forward to Minewar Z Craft Gun Zombie Survival instead. Why make sequels when everyone else just throws Minecraft, Day Z, Rogue-likes and poo poo into a blender for you?

Tracula fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 7, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I feel like this ad qualifies for gamers.txt pretty good. It's technically SFW but I just spoiler tagged it because it's skeevy as poo poo.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Michaellaneous posted:

Did someone think to look in the Escapist Forums? Afaik those guys are even more elitist and stupid than any other platform. I'm gonna take a look.

Don't worry the Fplus already did it for you. It's a few years old at this point but it holds up.
http://thefpl.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20:episode-xvi-press-x-to-not-live&catid=1:podcasts

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I thought a good deal of 4chans racism was from /pol/ where they genuinely actually blame jews for 9/11 and everything else.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

KittyEmpress posted:

YEah, watching the video on that page, I'm not sure how you can take that as anything besides ironic.

Don't they have a pretty big presence at PAX though? I think on Retsutalk they mentioned seeing a bunch of ads for them everywhere. But to be fair poo poo like this exists unironically.

Gamers will buy literally anything if you put the word 'gamer' in front of it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

AugmentedVision posted:

No, you don't understand. RETSUTALK mentioned it.

:jerkbag: More quality posting from AugmentedVision

BingeHooligan posted:

To be fair, when I first looked at it the video didn't load and I thought it was a weirdly formatted web page. However , now that is has... :allears:

Yeah, same thing happened to me. With the video it's pretty clearly a joke but as I said, gamers are willing to buy all kinds of stupid poo poo so long as its marketed at them so at a glance I was willing to believe it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
As I said, gamers will buy literally anything marketed at them.

How about a magical wristband?

Or a $30 water bottle?

Or maybe even a lovely looking green and black neck strap?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There's also the Gunnar Optiks gaming sunglasses: http://www.gunnars.com/

I got a free pair because they were promoting them at my work. They gave me a headache and made everything in every game look yellow. I ended up selling them on Amazon for nearly full price, so hey, free money.

Holy gently caress are those all expensive. The names on all of them are completely retarded too.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

The Iron Rose posted:

Christ you're insufferable.

Eh, he's going out of his way to threadshit and/or troll. Give it a few more days and he'll probably have earned himself some red text or the kitty cage.

Oh christ. Didn't this guy ask this question before or bring it up in a dozen different ways on gamefaqs? I seem to recall some insane obsession with Lightning's feet from one guy who would not stop talking about it at all.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Pomp posted:

"I shouldn't have to deal with real life crap while playing a video game." - People somehow arguing against gay marriage in video games. Yet, somehow, you never see people give Saint's Row poo poo for removing gender restrictions from clothing.

Didn't the newest Animal Crossing do this as well? I think they even had a little line with something like "Who cares if you're a boy! Wear whatever you want!" if you put on a skirt as a male character.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
And don't forget that Bob even signed up here and posted a few times in the Ouya thread! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532967&userid=139795

It went exactly as expected.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mordaedil posted:

To be fair, I kinda miss Link being left-handed, because it was an interesting character quirck and made him more than just an elf who saves a princess.

It's not a big deal, but it does take out a quirck that I felt gave him character and I can understand some left-handed kids were probably a bit sad to see a representation taken away from them.

He's left handed in the Gamecube version still and I'm fairly sure he is as well in A Link Between Worlds. I think it was just as simple as making a concession for motion controls so it's not awkward for most people to swing physically right handed and have Link still be a lefty.

Edit: I definitely agree it's pretty minor but it also would have been nice to have an option to flip what hand Link would fight with.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 14, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
It matters more in Skyward sword since your swings actually matter there with motion plus and all. I'm fairly sure that Twilight Princes was just waggle your way to victory.

What the gently caress is with his videos? His latest one is just two minutes of him kinda looking at his ceiling light for some reason :psyduck:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Silentman0 posted:

The newest Pokemon game had a flashback scene that showed a legit Pokemon war and had a cute little flower thing come home in a box. Super serious Pokemon is loving awful because it goes against everything the franchise is about.

That was the most what the gently caress moment in X/Y. I don't mind some subtle stuff like Lavender Town or Yamask but this cutscene, done in a style never used before, about some apocalyptic war was just :psyduck:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

The Shortest Path posted:

Good old Geoff Keighley.

Geoff hosted the VGX with Joel McHale last year. It was three hours of absolute poo poo but Joel made the entire show watchable because he did not give a gently caress and poo poo all over it the entire time. You could see Geoff seething with hatred the entire time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aonHLvhW5jo Theres a bunch of highlight videos out there and they're all worth watching.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
It seems like these days inevitably every discussion online turns into a debate about feminism, weight or privilege in some form or another.

ANYWAYS. Some content. From AGDQ 2014 this year the runner for Kirby, Controllerhead, got into some poo poo and got banned for it such as being drunk and hitting on people, breaking someones NES since he got pissed, etc. The responses on Reddit about it were pretty rational but you'll get the occasional dickhead still.
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1ukqx2/controllerhead_banned_from_agdq/

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

PsychicToaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiUMrV7vjqU This poo poo is classic in my book. It's a recording of a Ventrilo conversation on World of Warcraft. Great example of gamers flexing their massive e-boners at one another over their mediocrity in a video game.

I know they're idiotic but I always love seeing nerds flip poo poo over games, even going as far back as the Cloudsong meme from YTMND.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
It does amuse me just how lovely goons really are when they don't have the threat of the kitty cage or banhammer looming over their heads constantly.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Knitted Art posted:

Source your quotes.

Oh man I haven't seen that joke in a few pages :iamafag:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

ImpAtom posted:

The extra hilarious thing is that she goes on a date in the latest game and spends the entire time talking about how she hates it and she is just there for the steak, although she prefers to hunt, kill and cook her own steak. So whatever deep personality this guy has imagined where she wants to listen to his poetry and pick flowers with him is literally the opposite of the character that they claim to be a fan of.

That actually sounds kinda funny and clever. I have a feeling it's probably kinda poo poo in practice though :smith:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
You really gotta put forth effort to look like a bigger shithead than Angry Joe but Dan somehow managed to.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mordaedil posted:

Angry Joe is the worst moniker for that guy, I've never seen him be angry.

Eh, he does the typical yelling and I am ANGRY ABOUT VIDEOGAEMZ shtick that everyone these days does.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Suspicious Dish posted:

Who thought this would be an attractive ad to anybody?

Because gamers will buy literally anything that's marketed towards them.

RottenK posted:

I think he does the angry thing if the game is really bad/frustrating, and reviews normally when it's not. I can't say that I like any of the YouTube game reviewers that much, but Joe is far from being the worst of them.

Yeah, Joe isn't great but he's inoffensive at worst. He was decent enough to call people on the bullshit with the sexism directed at Anita so he gets some points for me on that.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Suspicious Dish posted:

I thought gamers hated being marketed to?

meh I'm not a gamer, I just play games, so I have no idea about any of this.

Basically just cram it full of enough caffeine to give you a heart attack or put glowing lights on it and say "APPROVED BY GAMERS" or "MADE 4 GAMRZ BY GAMERZ" and bam. Instantly marketed.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If you want a mechanical keyboard go to Goodwill or whatever your local thrift store is. Chances are you can find one there for a couple bucks and it'll be just as good as anything Razer makes. Model M's aren't too uncommon. Just have to check the keys to be absolutely sure they're mechanical switches and not hard rubber domes.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DARPA Dad posted:

have u ever considered that you're approximately seven billion times more pathetic than these guys for taking time out of your day to hunt down all these examples

How much hunting is there when you can look at a gamefaqs board and find any of these threads clogging up every page for every game? I'm willing to bed you can find a few dozen of 'em firing off knuckle children to any female in any game ever. Hell, there's probably a few for the Huntress in Risk of Rain or something equally low in detail.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ekster posted:

There was a discussion about Samus' rear end design over the years on 4chan's /v/ and this was uploaded:

I keep thinking about how someone took the time to open photoshop, find all the images and edit it, upload it to a public imageboard and not want to kill himself.

Up to Prime 1 is the only design for Samus that matters. Offical art:

What the gently caress happened where she went from some big take no poo poo amazon to some five-foot, 90 pound woman who needs a man to save her by shooting her in the back?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
We all know Kirby is clearly the most sexualized for some folks out there because, well, :getin:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Chaltab posted:

What gets me is that even after this ultimately proved disastrous with Other M, which performed badly everywhere, they're still using the Other M Varia suit and face design. Hell, Other M has a better Samus model than Smash 4.

That high heels zero suit was so bad in Smash 4 I had to look it up the first time I saw it to verify it wasn't a photoshop. It's just nuts to me that they'll ignore Prime 1 which is one of the most acclaimed games ever and even Prime 2 and 3 which were still well received and say "You know? gently caress it. Lets go with Other M for a suit design and sexualize her zero suit EVEN MORE!"

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

TerminusEst13 posted:

Though I'm loathe to speak in its defense (could this even be called a defense?), it actually was supposed to be bland. Sakamoto personally stepped in and directed the English VAs himself, wanting them to be more listless and dry.

Why a Japanese guy decided to step in to coach English VAs (who are legitimately good actors at that)...well, let's just say the game's dev history is chock full of developers.txt. :v:

I'd say game_devs.txt fits in just fine here. And that's not so much a defense of Other M as it is excusing the voice actress and damning Sakamoto even more.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Call her Agent 69 and I'll back you with all of my money.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Oh hey, looks like IdrA is back under a new name.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Widestancer posted:

IdrA? I feel out of the loop...how far back am I going to need to read? :negative:

I was joking. He was one of the biggest SC2 pro players for a while and eventually Team Liquid had enough of his poo poo and outbursts. I believe what got him canned was telling someone on the forums to get cancer. Overall he was just extremely unprofessional, hostile and didn't do anything to make e-sports look in anyway professional.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IdrA#WCS_2013_and_release_from_EG

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Widestancer posted:

Reading through the posts on Teamliquid (the one I linked has 25+ pages) I am having difficulty believing that anyone could make e-sports look professional. I think the e-sports community has a different definition of the word "professional" than people who actually work in a professional business environment.

Oh definitely. If any other athlete for any other sport pulled the poo poo these people did even once they'd be out on their rear end.

I wish I could find the video but I remember seeing some five way group call of SC2 commentators and some of them nearly looked like they were in tears when they found out IdrA got canned. It was the funniest loving thing.

Fake edit: Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LI8rS0cs6I The way they're talking you'd think that the the president had gotten shot or something. 'bout 10 minutes in the guy on the left does actually start crying it looks like or at least is having trouble holding it together.

Real edit: Full video if you want it for some reason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OnejlJCPQ It's about seven minutes into this one where they get ~the news~

Tracula fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Pomp posted:

People actually got mad at Cruncher for that smiley face.

It just amuses me the amount of people that go out of their way to justify IdrA's lovely behavior as people 'just not getting it :qq:'. In that video I linked for quite a while incontrol goes on about how important IdrA was to esports and how he deserves respect dammit.

Edit: And here's IdrA being interviewed and he's shocked he got let go. He's just pure unadulterated :smug:. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUf2tRAwMcY

Tracula fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 20, 2014

• Locked thread