Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
gamedev.text and christians.txt!

Phoenix Interactive are making a game based on the life of Abraham. Polygon went and interviewed them (here). It soon became clear that the failiure of the company's kickstarter. amognst other development woes, can be put down to Satan.

quote:

"I believe that, 100 percent," replies Richard Gaeta, a co-founder of Phoenix Interactive. He argues that since the launch of the Kickstarter for Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham, trouble has come into all their lives.

"It's very tangible," adds his business partner Martin Bertram. "From projects falling through and people that were lined up to help us make this a success falling through. Lots of factors raining down on us like fire and brimstone."

O....k?

quote:

"If Satan is rallying some of his resources to forestall, delay, or kill this project, I think, this must be a perceived threat to his kingdom," adds Ken Frech, a religious mentor to the project. "I fully would expect something like this to have spiritual warfare. Look at the gospel accounts of demons and so forth. That's reality. Many Americans don't believe it anymore. That doesn't change reality."

:wtc:

If you're a godless Euro Commie like I am, the whole thing is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Have we laughed at kotaku's Dr Nerdlove column before? Either way, here's some niceguyinafedora.txt/gamers.txt crossover fun:

quote:

Hi Dr. Nerdlove

I enrolled into a university and I met this girl (Let's call her Strawberry) who has always been such an eye catcher. Every time I see her, it brings out the smile in me. So she lives at the same dorm as I am and she lives two floors below me. (I'm not a stalker, somehow I got to know her roommate, Pineapple. I have a weird choice of names but yea)

After 2 months I finally got the chance to speak to Strawberry. Her roommate invited me and Strawberry out for a cup of coffee and we got to know each other better. We talked till late night and Pineapple had other friends to attend to, so I walked back with Strawberry because she felt tired. When we got back to the dorm she asked me to sit awhile and she wanted to talk to me, so we ended up talking till the next morning about her life, about the tragedy that happened to her sister. She said talking to me was like no other because I paid full attention to her while she was speaking, (yes because I was really into her). During finals period, she was always tense and worried about finals and she regularly missed breakfast. Throughout her finals week I gave her moral support and of course buying breakfast and sometimes made breakfast for her to serve her in front of her room.

Winter term came and we had different math classes but it was at the same time in the same building. I walked with her more frequently now and we got closer. I helped her out in many ways, applying for scholarship, adding and dropping classes, followed her to her advisor's appointment (all because she asked me if I wanted to tag along), so I went with it. We would always have dinner every night (with Pineapple too) and we just had that time to "bond". Everything was going well and we even constantly cook together and to eat together. I would also help her in her math because she was uncertain and weak in maths. Many things happened this term and of course with new terms come new people.

A new guy (Apple) came into her life after finals for Winter Term. He cooks and I think he looks better than me. They would have physical touches between each other, share the same couch while watching TV and lots more. She knew him for maybe two weeks and you can see them always hitting each other (in that nice sweet way). She knew me for 6 months now, I'm always trying my best to be nice to her and all I get is being poked at my arms, and it was only twice. (I literally counted because it meant a lot to me)

So everything happened this morning, she asked me whether we wanted to make breakfast. I went down to find her alone, (because she's always with her roommate, Pineapple) So I was shocked but yea it made me happy for a while. We made breakfast and she would bring up the spoon for me to taste and I would do the same back. So after preparing breakfast, we went out to the TV lounge to eat while watching TV. Suddenly this guy (Apple) came and shared the sofa with her, they got really comfy which kinda disgusted me. They would hit each other and roll around on the sofa together. I was heartbroken and I just left them because I was too disgusted to be there. Am I just a toy to play around? Is this a game?

I invested too much of my time on a beautiful vase and it broke today...

Sad Investor

I'M NOT A STALKER I JUST COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES SHE TOUCHES ME AND HER HAPPINESS DISGUSTS ME.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

That's not really gamers.txt, but still worth it for

Sounds like ~true love~

Yeah, I thought it was probably on the outer limit of gamers.txt but as it was on Kotaku it was probably fair game.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Shroom King posted:

Stormfront has a Games forum

They are making a covert white nationalist gaming group on Steam.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1004376-2/

Gamers.txt IV: I download most of my games illegally (no money and I don't want to support the Jew)

This will be those SJWs invading gaming that I've heard so much about, right?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Sure Stormfront might have a games forum, but what about David Icke? Do his nutters play games?

[David Icke, for those who aren't British, was once upon a time a goalkeeper for Coventry City, a football team. When he realised he wasn't very good at that he decided to become Britain's premier nutjob. He is famous for his theory that the Queen and the royal family are actually all lizard people in disguise and they are somehow something to do with the Illuminati and the moon and gently caress it I don't know. Crazy bullshit, ok?]

Yes they do!

A Nutter posted:

Mass pro-immigration mind control in Bioshock 3

There is a disturbing trend in gaming nowadays. Project Mockingbird seems to be alive and well and has infected the gaming industry. Granted, Bioshock had a heavy jewish influence from the beginning, but the third installment is overtly serving the agenda to subvert our country and its patriots by making our forefathers and history into symbols of hate and intolerance.

It's as bad as Blackwater (Xi) being woven into Americas western mythology in Red Dead Redemption.

Ok, so there may be a degree of crossover between Stormfront gamers and David Icke gamers....

A Different Nutter posted:

BioShock (video game) and Mind-Control themes...

For years various symbolism and mind-control themes have been present in movies. But now, as computing technology is becoming increasingly powerful - video games are gaining the ability to contain these mind-control themes.

BioShock is absolutely drenched in symbolism and mind-control triggers, and the games excessively oppressive atmosphere forms the perfect environment for such a thing.

which had this reply

There Are A Lot Of Nutters posted:

genetical inhanced people who have gona crazy in an underwater city is the main theme of the game

its in ur face and dark on purpose as much as the symbolism goes well its in ur face thus notrealy that effective

the developers said the original idea was to put the player on a island with nazis on it

So that cleared that up.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...sm=119&ie=UTF-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

Game Theory: Best Boobs in Gaming

This one is an homage to the time Adam Bowen told us that fat people are an oppressed minority, right?

• Locked thread