Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Welcome to The New Games.txt

A more free and open Games.txt where you can talk about the bad quotes people are posting

Here are the new rules:

ONE: Keep the Helldumpy stuff to a minimum. If you're going to quote some sperging goonlord, just leave it unattributed.

TWO: Put your quotes, in quotes. So people don't think it's you spewing this awful, retarded junk! We wouldn't want that would we?

A free form poem called "Don't piss off a PC gamer", inspired by the following image:

quote:

quote:

Nice post fuckbucket, how does it feel to be a blithering thundercunt unable to realise that the people who buy high end PCs drive the tech that goes into your lovely consoles? Maybe you should take your loving diaper off and get the dick shaped pacifier out of you mouth before you post again. Twatmonger.

quote:

it's damaging to nintendo reputation and reputation is everything in japan im an expert trust me they will not tolerate gaijin failings

quote:

Oh look another FPS military game ohhhhhh boy I can't wait to not play it. The game looks amazing and all but... all it really comes down to is pew pew pew what's my score. The last interesting FPS was Borderlands 2 and I feel as if this genre is literally beating a dead horse. Open world RPG's maybe you've heard of them? They aren't multiplayer maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I wish I was a shut in wizard.

Mom I can't go get the milk I am casting spells!!!

Goat Simulator metacritic reviews:

quote:

notsoslow Apr 1, 2014
This is the death of PC gaming. We could've stopped it. Our standards have become so low that we rate indie games that look like they've been made in an hour 1010. Stop for a second and think about the future of video games, please.

quote:

IGNSteve Apr 2, 2014
terrible waste of money that is funny for around 10 minutes and then you run out of things to do, they charge £10 for something that should be free.

This sort of game is ruining the industry and should be discouraged

quote:

Zombie_Expert Apr 4, 2014
Awful game, a complete scam, stupid only dumb americans will enjoy. This is just the most idiotic poor excuse of a game made in history. This makes The War Z look good!

People are real mad about things not being games.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm a straight white male, here's some posts about the new Civ game:

quote:

It only took 22 seconds to get to the Global Warming propaganda. GIVE IT UP SID.

quote:

Oh, and Firaxis, what's with the "mankind" at the end? Didn't we stop saying after they fixed it in Star Trek? Especially since it's a female voice...

quote:

Yeah, no more religion on the gameplay! Exponential progress, here we go!

quote:

I love Atheism, there is no easier way to show that I am smarter than other people!

Now where did I put my fedora?
Wth is wrong with atheism? Oh wait youre an Amerifat

quote:

Well, I WAS interested until I saw this trailer. I'm sick of the environmental whack job narrative.

And this is why we will never get to other planets.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Link being left handed makes sense, since he's not human and neither are left handed people.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Prop Wash posted:

And here's some sexist gamer trash.

He got so close to making an almost okay point then he spun the car around and slammed it into a wall as fast as he could.

rip gamer dude

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Doc Neutral posted:

There should be a videogamedev.txt or gamingindustry.txt containting stupid, hilarious or plain insane moments from videogame devs, gaming industry and games "journalists".

You can post those things here because most developers are awful idiots too

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Raiden is a sexy cyborg who needs to look good and also hold a lightning katana with his feet. His heels are both functional and practical for a wall running super soldier.

Chell's heels are a safety device made with a shock absorbing blade design as seen in robot kangaroos and Olympics runners who murder their girlfriends.

Samus' heels are obviously powered movement restrictiors for her broken ankles, but she still needs to be combat ready for fighting fox with no items on final destination.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Raiden is the only well designed character in the entire Metal Gear universe.

Oh, also that Russian space suit man.

quote:

After you defeat her, her pole arm gets an erection and will be pointing upwards while shaking a bit from her sliced-up corpse.
It's an eyesore when you're listening to Mistral's dying words.

One way to solve this is to cut the pole arm up properly but it's a bit tricky due to how it's pointed at your direction.
It would be easier if the pole arm is held sideways, like when you're fighting her.

quote:

nwoooooooooooooo no!! dont' you DARE say that D: !!!!!
that cann't be HAPPANNINNNNNNNNNGGGGG!!
I love Sunny! nwo! she must be in MGR and every MGR game DX !!!!

(and so does BladeWolf! No killing him off because he's a robot/AI....nwoooooooooooo!!!)

quote:

Hello gamers. I am new to having an account here on gamefaqs, however I've lurked here since I was a kid. Aside from the brief introduction, It seems that it is possible to heavily mod Metal Gear Rising (of course, any game is). Ever since the PS3/XBOX360 release, I've known that the game runs in the Havok engine, which is the same engine that was used for games like Siren, Uncharted, Killzone, and what has been modified a lot throughout 2012/2013, Sonic Generations. If any of you have seen the mods for Sonic generations, modders change more than just textures, they make complete model swaps, and ports. They change the animations, the sounds, and even create their own levels. As you can see here, animations, character models, textures, sounds, and cut scenes were completely changed from the ones in Sonic Generations.

I believe that if they can mod Sonic Generations with the tools they have, maybe it's possible to modify their tools to accept the same format that Metal Gear Rising has, especially since their tools support the Havok Engine. If I had the knowledge to do all of that myself, I'd probably put Ryu Hayabusa in the game and definitely not Dante...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Women make the best and sexiest assassins with both guns and knives that's why I am working on a gender bent agent 47 mod, allow me to link my kickstarter...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Wait are we talking about E-sportists having mental breakdowns over sucking poo poo?

Introducing fluffnstuff!

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/445785-crash-and-burn-im-done-waiting

29 pages of garbage about his team being poo poo and him wanting to pick heroes in dota.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
http://m.imgur.com/a/40AVf

Gamers.jpg(s)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Elder Scrolls Online, a pay and sub MMO released recently in tyool 2014 has had some issues.

Issues like them having a spam-click duplication bug that was pointed out in early beta and never fixed. How did Zenimax deal with this?

They pretty much banned every single player in the game. If you had touched a duped item or received duped gold, you got banned.

Let's see how people are reacting!

quote:

This hyperbolic perpetuation of the economy being "hosed" is absolute bollocks.
Every single MMO since kingdom loving come has had an item dupe in some form or another. From RuneScape to EVE to Guild Wars to World of Warcraft and so many inbetween. I guess all of those games are "hosed" though. /sarcasm
I have never heard of a game failing entirely because of an item dupe. Very rarely does one bug - even as badly managed as this one - cause an entire game to drop dead. It's not often that things die out because of one problem, most of the time problems stack and topple like dominoes.
Even with an AH the problem would eventually blow over. Yes, it's still an issue that should be (and ideally has been) fixed but it's only one in the short-term. Long-term the economy will equalize as it does in real life when similar fraudulent activities happen.
Either the game will cease to function for some other reason and the economy will no longer be an issue or it will succeed and the economy will recover.
Last I checked the Great Depression ended, and so will this.

quote:

This is FANTASTIC. I could not be happier with their response. They need to keep this stance. ZERO tolerance on using any exploits, with a perma-ban. Great job guys, keep it up.

quote:

My wife has been on hold for 118 minutes. She never buys gold or exploits bugs. She even reports bots and gold sellers. It's obvious that many of these are false bans. She's upset by it but even this and both of us getting hit by the bank bug isn't discouraging us from playing. Although TBH I almost wish I had the self control to cancel my membership until they get their poo poo together, but I doubt they give a poo poo really.

quote:

I feel the same way. I still plan on sticking around. By all means, perhaps I shouldn't. I'm having fun when I can play, and my main quest isn't bugged. I'm sure when everything is hammered out, sticking around will be worth it.

quote:

ok now they gave me game time code for 1 free day. no sorry or anything about why they banned me.
at least i can play again :)

Well then.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Guys I wish I could stop paying this bad company to play this terrible game BUT I JUST CAN'T GUYS WHAT IF I MISS BEING BANNED AGAIN??

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
By the way this comes after rounds of people losing their entire banks, having character skills disappear, infinite falling bugs, broken main story quests, most of these also being reported in the early beta and never being fixed.

But it will be different this time guys! Wildstar will save us!

quote:

My first MMO was Ultima Online in 1996 I think. I'm the proud owner of almost every failed MMO collectors edition, yet here I am preordering wildstar deluxe edition. It'll be different this time guys, right? right? :ohdear:

quote:

I... I think I'm gonna buy this game, guys. I just never learn my lesson on MMO's.

quote:

You are me then, apparently. I'm preordering the deluxe edition tomorrow! It'll be different this time, totally.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Adam Bowen posted:

hysterical leftist

Haha oh man I'm glad this thread is back for real because it self-generates hilarious content.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ekster posted:

So we are not allowed to make fun of batshit insane SJWs anymore?

Okay.

You can except you should try not to go full retard like Mr. I have A Tiny Tower up there.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Adam Bowen posted:

This thread is actually their HQ, they are allowed to run rampant here to keep them from making GBS threads on every other thread.

Please make this the thread title, the whole thing with a link to this post.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
In a few months Zynga is going to post an almost exact clone of Adam Bowen's post that will be much more popular and make more money.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Please, Don Tonberry was my father's name.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
MINING IS TERRIBLE

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Xrkn7rZfg

Not if I have to go into those mines. I have a real fear of falling into caves; had nightmare my best friend died in one. I keep falling cuz I can't see or turn direction in time. Can't find my tools fast enough; find myself attacking monsters with pick ax or chopping stone with sword. Get disoriented; can't remember how I got in or how to get out. Forget where things are; can't memorize stuff. Couldn't even find the door to the mine from the animal barn Came BACK that way, but still can't tell you where it is.

Why can't I play without going down there? isn't there something else I can contribute to the community? Must I mine my own stuff? Can't I trade what I'm good at for what others are good at?? WHY must I pretend to be a person without brain injuries, PTSD, bad vision and poor memory, in order to play? Why can't I be good at what I AM good at, instead???

I lost all those beautiful things BrianJ gave me TEN MINUTES after he left the game!!! I used up EVERY resource I had, trying to get that stuff back! I got killed FOUR MORE TIMES trying to get back BrianJ's gifts!

I've done a good job, designing environments. But I'm all alone in there. I'm so lonely. I want to build things, like the rest of you are doing. I want science experiments and contraptions. PLEASE don't make me go back into those MINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP KILLING ENDERMAN! He has saved me from TWO monsters now...and I KNOW it was intentional, not accidental. He stepped between me & both monsters, one of whom I was actively approaching to attack, but the other was sneaking up from behind, when Enderman stepped in between us.

And tonight, I would STILL be in that mine, attacked by monsters, already hurt, hungry but without time to eat, packed with iron and coal, dead. ENDERMAN KEPT CALLING ME! When I stopped freaking out and followed the sound of his voice, HE LEAD ME TO THE DOOR TO THE ANIMAL BARN! Enerman got me OUT of the GAME! I couldn't tell you where I was. I couldn't find that door again, but ENDERMAN SAVED ME TONIGHT! Do NOT kill Enderman if he's at MY house!

PLEASE don't make me go back in those MINES!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Adam Bowen posted:

I mean, the reason so many games and movies suck rear end now is because they are designed by committee and focus group.

Did you design tiny tower by committee then?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

Every video game character should just wear a burqa or we should just stop portraying humans in video games at all. MOBAs should present players with a variety of inanimate objects to play as, such as a cardboard box or a rock.

quote:

Here's the thing, despite what internet feminists and their pathetic white knights like John Walker will try to tell you, the vast majority of women are not threatened by the ridiculous female characters in media just like the vast majority of men are not threatened by the ridiculous male characters in media. I've never met a woman in the real world who feels objectified when playing video games. I'm not saying they don't exist, but they are not the norm. In fact, that attitude is so far from the norm that most women aren't even willing to describe themselves as feminist because the term is now associated with a nasty and hate-filled minority of women who treat women with about as much respect as a Republican Senator from the American South.

quote:

RPS has been completely ruined by an idiotic obsession with bringing gender politics into everything since about a year ago. I'm assuming it's part of the great wave of white-knighting internet nerds that have risen to protect the fair damsels of the internet from pictures of sexy ladies over that same time period. They are also basically the Comic Book Guy of the PC gaming industry, they have a heavy bias against anything that comes from a mainstream game company and are insanely biased against Blizzard in particular, to the point that some of their writers - who write for a site that is only about PC gaming - will admit to having literally never played Diablo 3, or Starcraft 2, or WoW, some of the biggest PC games of all time.

Also, for a laugh, read this incredibly long-winded Women's Studies 101 essay of a follow-up.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I class myself as a post-hardcore maybe with a middle-core casual slant.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lol, peach, what a scrub.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Parasite Eve is very powerful female rolemodel, especially the part where she has a shower scene in PS1 graphics.

Also her name is Aya Brae

Don't forget the Third Birthday with Realistic Clothing Damage!

quote:

While the idea of a woman losing her clothes during battle doesn't bother me at all, how the hell does it work for this game? Isn't Aya in another person's body? So is it her soul's clothes that get ripped off? Is that what you're telling me game?

quote:

Wahaha if that happens no monster will attack AYA hehe perhaps these mutated creatures, their only after AYA chan's outfit to be tear apart :-)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I really wish bayonetta 2 was coming to a non-hilariously sad platform.

In fact that announcement is what spawned the gamers.txt classic:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Pomp posted:

Adam "I don't mind feminists" Bowen

No he no longer thinks of feminists as hysterical leftist SJWs anymore.

Please keep the Adam Bowen Insanity Codex up to date and accurate.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Is there a video game about feigned irony yet?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Afraid of Audio posted:

The Stanley Parable I think.

Stanley Parable, you say?

From the trailer video!

quote:

Im not a huge PewdiePie fan, but i know for a fact that he has more subscribers than there lives people in my country. Call it a guess, but i think that might be why he is on the top list.

quote:

average pewdiepie fan 'talking is lam you fagot barrle you just jelios becuse pewdipie is famous".

quote:

Your game is very creepy and scary. You might be thinking "My game is not creepy!" Well it's really creepy as any other game(like slender man) and why can't create another game where it's less creepy and less scary, I mean the game should be funny(I meant with lots of comedy). Are you gonna do that NOW!

quote:

so whats next your going to tell us we only played the game because of your computers or bought it because of steam

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Monster Hunter is a non-game like Gone Home and Call of Duty!!!!!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I don't even understand words anymore. Thanks, gamers.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Smoking marijuana is illegal. People who do so should go to jail.

Actually the smoking part of it isn't illegal at all.

You just have to smoke it in a way that you are never in possession of it, even in your lungs!

Laws!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wait are you saying this is bad?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

chaos rhames posted:

I could post my video game ideology opinions if you want.

Just don't eat all the cheese snacks

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Adam Bowen posted:

I didn't register the account originally

Nice account sharing story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Adam Bowen.txt, eh?

On Jerky:

Adam Bowen posted:

Somehow I'd completely forgotten about Big John's during a tough spring semester, but as soon as I saw the thread again just now I was struck with an insatiable craving for delicious fatty jerky. Ordered 2 1/2 lb bags of fatty original.

On South Park/RPS (again):

Adam Bowen posted:

All of the reviews seem really positive (except John Walker at RPS, but he's a hipster douchebag who hates anything remotely popular so that doesn't mean much) so I don't know why they had a review embargo. Now I'm super hyped to play tomorrow morning.

My Fave:

Adam Bowen posted:

Every video game character should just wear a burqa or we should just stop portraying humans in video games at all.

• Locked thread