Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Pomp posted:

Why does PC have to wait until August? :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KixtoapKDVI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Roguelike posted:

Juri vs. Guile is a super fun matchup that might be disadvantaged for Juri but contains a lot of old school street fighter no bullshit fundamentals.
[...]

Thanks, this is very helpful.

I mistakenly assumed that Juri can't win fireball-war against him, so I tried to find other ways, but now I see how Juri have advantage there, especially considering she can kick fireballs during Fuhajin startup/storing and fire a stored fireball at any time.
The big problem there is that all versions of sonic boom fly at different speeds so I will have to learn to be more observant and watch his EX at all times.

At least now I know what to work towards, so it should be up to practice now.

EDIT: Also thanks for the "matrix" trick, I love things like that, it spices up the gameplay.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 9, 2014

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks, this is very helpful.

I mistakenly assumed that Juri can't win fireball-war against him, so I tried to find other ways, but now I see how Juri have advantage there, especially considering she can kick fireballs during Fuhajin startup/storing and fire a stored fireball at any time.
The big problem there is that all versions of sonic boom fly at different speeds so I will have to learn to be more observant and watch his EX at all times.

At least now I know what to work towards, so it should be up to practice now.

EDIT: Also thanks for the "matrix" trick, I love things like that, it spices up the gameplay.

You also have to look for "Shielding" where Guile/Chun will throw a slow projectile and walk or dash behind it to close a gap. This can gently caress with Juri and fireball wars if you don't have one stored.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

jebeebus posted:

This was cool and I watched the whole thing (I made a cameo at 49:00!!!), also makes me feel kinda dumb for never really using OS's at all.

Have you thought of how you'd deal with delayed wake up in Ultra? Since they updated it to display "Technical" when they input the delay, I'm assuming that will show up during the sweep animation, hopefully giving you enough time to decide on doing the normal safe jump, and if not, maybe some sort of button sequence to deal with that 11f offset?

In the latest public build delayed wakeup "Technical" appears on the frame the standing animation would normally start. If that's still true there's not enough time to change your safejump timing on reaction. That said players with fast eyes should have enough time to do a normal safejump, enter an OS if they didn't delay and threaten standard meaty pressure if they did. Standard crossup tatsu timing will leave you in a rough spot though (unless you can buffer QCB in the air and tatsu/empty jump based on what they're doing? unclear).

If you're confident they'll delay Ryu doesn't have an 11f framekill but you can do cr.LP for 12f and safejump 5f or worse reversals off of sweep, etcetera. It's cute but the timing will be rough and you'll get blown up if you're wrong so I doubt that's worth it. They might also be able to look for you to delay your setup before punching in their own delay, I haven't heard how restrictive the timing is.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

jebeebus posted:

This was cool and I watched the whole thing (I made a cameo at 49:00!!!), also makes me feel kinda dumb for never really using OS's at all.

Have you thought of how you'd deal with delayed wake up in Ultra? Since they updated it to display "Technical" when they input the delay, I'm assuming that will show up during the sweep animation, hopefully giving you enough time to decide on doing the normal safe jump, and if not, maybe some sort of button sequence to deal with that 11f offset?

I don't know if it's gonna be possible to do a useful OS in Ultra that guarantees you can still attack with advantage if they stay down. I haven't actually done any analysis of this yet so let's do some napkin math, assuming ideal inputs.

Currently they stay down for 11 frames. If you safejump at fastest timing then you're using up 5 of those frames on the meaty and landing recovery. So anything that starts up and is active within 6 frames will be meaty. This means they probably get out if they backdash and perhaps more importantly will almost definitely hit you if they reversal (DP/EX grab/anything invincible and fast). This means the OS is unsafe if you use a normal (and obviously punishable if you OS with a DP or Ultra or something). Doin an OS is gonna be a guess that they did not delay their wake up now. I'm sure we'll find setups where you can time a safejump on the new delayed timing (like killing frames with Ryu cr.lp like Mio Bison mentioned) but that means if they get up early you can get anti-aired now. Either way it's a guess.

Best thing to default to is probably gonna be just do your normal safejump and don't OS, try to react to whatever they do - sweep if you see backdash, do what you gotta do to blow up focus/backdash if they focus dash, and if they stay down do whatever your standard 3 way mix-up of attack/throw/block should be. When your Yomi levels approach Smug-tier then you can start doin stuff like backing up and jumping over them at a weird time in order to get a jump in combo on backdashes and poo poo like that (definitely want to add this to my oki).

Trykt fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 9, 2014

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

Roguelike posted:

... establish is that you are not some wet behind the ears rushdown Juri with ants in her pants who needs to get in, but you are in fact a cold-blooded motherfucker who is willing to sit at full screen storing and throwing fireballs until the heat death of the goddamn universe.

This dude knows what's up.

That's p much a great read, and totally how you should be approaching the fight. Juri can totally compete with Guile in a fireball war, their fireballs have nearly identical frame data. I think Juri's maaaayyybe recovers one frame slower? It's all about mainting your store, gathering and releasing at the right times. if you don't know how, practice fuha-swapping. As you store a fireball, you drop the charge for your held fireball, freeing that button without making Juri do anything. It's an incredibly fast way to build meter, and it helps keep your rhythm less predictable.

Bdubs, "Sheilding" doesn't work on Juri, because cr.MK gets you so low, and if you cancel into any strength pinwheel it'll move you to the other side of the projectile.

Also dude, you shouldn't be intimidated by FSE, it's not that hard to learn, and it's stupid fun.

Puzzle Thing fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 9, 2014

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

People like this are incredibly common in ranked matches, pretty infuriating but not surprising that someone would intentionally tank their PP to beat up on newbies. This guy is in the same ranked bracket as the guy I fought immediately afterward, who couldn't reliably throw fireballs.

I know yall always say that ranked matches are the wrong way to play but Arcade Fight Request is the easiest way to get matches sometimes.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Foodahn posted:

People like this are incredibly common in ranked matches, pretty infuriating but not surprising that someone would intentionally tank their PP to beat up on newbies. This guy is in the same ranked bracket as the guy I fought immediately afterward, who couldn't reliably throw fireballs.

I know yall always say that ranked matches are the wrong way to play but Arcade Fight Request is the easiest way to get matches sometimes.

It's a good way to not even play one second of single player, that's for sure.

It's a really mixed bag, though, as far as level of skill and competition.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Foodahn posted:

The name for this is Smurfing, if you didn't know. It's common enough across all games that it needs its own word, because playing a game at your own level just isn't fun for some people.

If you get bored with ranked look me up sometime. I play Chun Li mostly, and I'm not great but I'm probably better than that guy. Here's my Steam profile, my GFWL tag is Sarchasm 77.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Foodahn posted:

You don't know that at all. He could have tried to play with other characters after playing with whoever he got 4500bp with and lost most matches afterwards. Besides, 4500bp is literally nothing, I can get that in a couple of evenings. I see a whole host of people, on XBox & PC, who have wacky pp/bp combinations, it's not really worth looking at.

It's not even something to be upset about; fighting games aren't like LoL, or any other trash game in that genre. Playing better players makes you better and matches take 3-5 minutes a go. If anything, I'd be happy to get better players to fight against, because I can only seem to find them on Xbox nowadays.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I lost a ton of PP on my account trying to play with characters I literally never used before (dropped from 2k to 900 once, my Rose is at ~6000 BP), so it's not always intentional. Also, I'd much rather face a good player and lose in 20s than spend 60s a round dealing with someone pressing whatever and doing random everything.

Zombiecop
Jul 2, 2007
Player Points seem like a measure of how frequently I'm playing alts on XBL to me. I generally stay between 4k and 5k if I'm just playing Honda. Occasionally I'll get on a crazy win streak and get a lot higher. A while ago I got down as low as 2k when I was playing random select and trying to do stupid nonsense.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Uninstalling for 6 months then reinstalling is a sure-fire way to have a bad time at first in Ranked. So much crouchtech everywhere, getting hit with poo poo cr.LK tapping all day and just not having the muscle memory / awareness to hand to blow it up (when you know you COULD, once upon a time) is infuriatingly distracting, and actually makes you more suseptible to later bullshit.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Shockeh posted:

Uninstalling for 6 months then reinstalling is a sure-fire way to have a bad time at first in Ranked. So much crouchtech everywhere, getting hit with poo poo cr.LK tapping all day and just not having the muscle memory / awareness to hand to blow it up (when you know you COULD, once upon a time) is infuriatingly distracting, and actually makes you more suseptible to later bullshit.

Crouch teching is loving stupid as hell and it's pretty poo poo even when you are used to it. Being forced to stand to tech throws is a good thing and forces you to learn how to block properly instead of only standing to block overheads. But I guess it's a lovely side effect of the modern throw system and isn't changing any time soon.

MrJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 10, 2014

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

MrJacobs posted:

Crouch teching is loving stupid as hell and it's pretty poo poo even when you are used to it. Being forced to stand to tech throws is a good thing and forces you to learn how to block properly instead of only standing to block overheads. But I guess it's a lovely side effect of the modern throw system and isn't changing any time soon.

What's the point? Both crouch tech and stand tech would get you blown up by a properly timed attack. The difference seems nominal.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

a!n posted:

What's the point? Both crouch tech and stand tech would get you blown up by a properly timed attack. The difference seems nominal.
Not that I necessarily agree with the point made by MrJacobs, but Crouch Tech delayed late gives you a defence against pressure on wakeup that beats way too many options for such a brain-dead choice, is likely the opinion he's expressing.

If it was forced stand, you'd be vulnerable to lows, which are the openers for a lot of characters BnB's.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

a!n posted:

Without crouch tech, low or throw is an actual mixup, whereas with it, late crouch tech covers both. It's cool! Remember kids, brush your teeth and play super turbo.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/apr/10/ultra-street-fighter-4-full-changelog-capcom-all-characters-and-system-mechanics/

http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/10/ultra-street-fighter-iv-final-change-list-released/ edit: Added Shoryuken.com link, click this instead probably

Latest changelist based on the about-to-drop arcade release of Ultra. I'll try to keep an up-to-date version in this post:

quote:

System Changes

Red Focus Attack
Costs 2 bars of the Super Combo Gauge
Command is MP+MK+LP
Damage is 1.5 times more than normal Focus
On hit, Level 1 Red Focus causes hit-stun, Level 2 and 3 Red Focus cause crumple
Can absorb an infinite number of the opponents attacks
For Level 1 and 2, the armor effect disappears as soon as the buttons are released; Level 3 maintains armor until attack start-up
While absorbing the opponent’s attacks with armor, Revenge Gauge build is 2 times the normal amount

EX Red Focus
Costs 3 bars of the Super Combo Gauge
Command is MP+MK+LP during an EX Focus-cancellable move
Damage is 1.5 times more than normal Focus
On hit, Levels 1-3 cause crumple
Has no armor
When hit while holding the buttons, Revenge Gauge build is 2 times the normal amount

Delayed Standing
Command is any two buttons simultaneously immediately before taking a forced knockdown (moves that cannot be quick stood)
If the command is successful, rising from down state is delayed by 11F
When Delayed Standing is inputted, a “Technical” message is shown

Ultra Combo Double
Selected by choosing “Ultra Combo Double” on the Ultra Combo select screen after selecting a character
Both Ultra Combo I and Ultra Combo II can be used during battle
Compared to individual Ultra Combos at 100% damage, Ultra Combo Double applies the following scaling:
60%: Akuma, Cammy, Dhalsim, E.Honda, Fei Long, Hakan, Hugo, Makoto, Rose, T.Hawk, Zangief
75%: All other characters
Regarding unique Ultra Combo properties, the following scaling applies:
Gouken’s Denjin Hadoken’s (UC2) damage scales to 75%, while the stun value scales to 65%
Balrog’s Dirty Bull (UC2) and Gen’s Shitenketsu (UC2, Mantis Style) damage and stun values both scale to 75%
Juri’s Feng Shui Engine (UC1) lasts 900F at 100% Revenge Gauge when Ultra Combo 1 is selected. When Ultra Combo W is selected, the length is 630F
Elena’s Healing’s (UC2) vitality recovery scales to 75% the amount of individual UC2

Character Changes

Abel
Close Standing HP first hit hitbox greatly expanded downward
Far Standing HK start-up reduced from 14F to 13F; active frames increased from 2F to 3F; recovery reduced from 19F to 18F
EX Falling Sky active frames increased from 2F to 3F; upper-body invincibility increased from 6-7F to 6-8F
Heartless (Super Combo) active frames increased by 2F
Soulless (UC1) pushbox greatly expanded upward, less like to cross under after Crouching HP in the corner

Adon
Close Standing HK hitbox slightly expanded horizontally and upward
Jaguar Crunch (6+MP) frame advantage against standing opponents reduced from +4 to +3
L Rising Jaguar 2nd hit on grounded opponents floats higher upward and slightly more forward, easier to follow in the corner
L, M and H Rising Jaguar → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block
M Jaguar Kick damage reduced from 140 to 130; chip damage changed to 33
H Jaguar Kick damage reduced from 130 to 120; chip damage changed to 30
All versions of Air Jaguar Kick chip reduced to half
EX Air Jaguar Kick 2nd hit now overhead
Jaguar Revolver (UC1) forward movement from 2nd hit and after slightly shortened, easier to connect all hits on close opponents; damage reduced from 510 to 480; first hit active frames reduced from 7F to 6F

Akuma
Close Standing MK now forces stand on hit; start-up reduced from 5F to 4F; hitbox expanded downward
Crouching HK can no longer be cancelled into Wrath of the Raging Demon (UC1)
All versions of Back Jump Zanku Hadoken recovery increased by 2F
L, M and H Hyakkishu now have the same EX Zanku Hadoken follow-up as EX Hyakkishu
M Goshoryuken 2nd hit can no longer be EX Focus-cancelled on block
H Goshoryuken 2nd and 3rd hit can no longer be EX Focus-cancelled on block; invincibility time reduced from 6F to 5F
L, M and H Goshoryuken → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block

Balrog
L Dash Straight changed from -2 to -1 on hit
L Dash Swing Blow damage reduced from 80 to 70; stun reduced from 100 to 70; changed from +10 to ±0 on hit, from -5 to -2 on block; charge time reduced from 55F to 45F
M Dash Swing Blow charge time reduced from 55F to 50F; changed from +10 to +2 on hit, from -7 to -6 on block
Turn Punch charge from Level 2-4 is ~2 second per level
Turn Punch Lv1 changed from -2 to ±0 on block
Turn Punch Lv2 changed from -5 to -1 on block, from -1 to +1 on hit
Turn Punch Lv3 changed from -8 to -2 on block, from -4 to -1 on hit
Turn Punch Lv4 changed from -12 to -4 on block, from -8 to -2 on hit
Crazy Buffalo (Super Combo) last hit changes to a straight when holding P, uppercut when holding K
Dirty Bull (UC2) input command changed from 63214×2+PPP to 720+PPP; recovery reduced from 58F to 48F; throw range extended from 1.09 to 1.3; damage reduced from 399 to 250

Blanka
Forward Dash total frames reduced from 21F to 20F
Close Standing MK now airborne from 3F
Crouching MK pushback on guard and hit increased; changed from +4 to +5 on hit
H Rolling Attack knocks down the opponent at all distances
All versions of Backstep Roll cause 2F more block stun
All versions of Vertical Roll can be EX Focus-cancelled on hit or block

C.Viper
Close Standing HP damage increased from 90 to 100
Far Standing HK hurtbox slightly reduced
Crouching MK hitbox slightly expanded forward
Level 1 Focus Attack start-up reduced from 26F to 23F
Level 2 Focus Attack start-up reduced from 17F to 14F after button release
Level 3 Focus Attack start-up reduced from 70F to 68F
L Thunder Knuckle hitbox slightly expanded
M Thunder Knuckle now +4 after EX Focus-cancel → Forward Dash on hit
H Thunder Knuckle cancel recovery increased from 6F to 7F
Emergency Combination (Super Combo) damage increased from 330 to 350
Burst Time (UC1) smoke visual effects reduced
Burning Dance (UC2) start-up reduced from 10F to 9F, height restriction removed

Cammy
Close Standing HP damage reduced from 85 to 80; stun reduced from 150 to 120
Far Standing HP 1st active frame damage reduced from 80 to 70
Crouching LK start-up increased from 3F to 4F
Crouching HP damage reduced from 90 to 80; stun reduced from 200 to 150; changed from +7 to +6 on hit, from +2 to ±0 on block
L, M and H Cannon Strike height restriction slightly relaxed; recovery increased from 5F to 7F
EX Cannon Strike block stun reduced by 5F
Hooligan Combination now has L, M and H Cannon Strike follow-up
L, M and H Cannon Spike → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block
Gyro Drive Smasher (UC1) non-cinematic last hit damage reduced from 210 to 170

Chun-Li
Vitality increased from 900 to 950
Rear Spin Kick (3+LK) hitbox expanded; start-up reduced from 12F to 10F; active frames reduced from 4F to 3F; recovery increased from 15F to 16F
Yosokyaku (Jump 2+MK) hitbox expanded downward and horizontally
L, M and H Spinning Bird Kick now knock down on last hit
EX Spinning Bird Kick hitbox slightly expanded forward and downward; 5th hit hitbox slightly expanded upward
EX Kikoken now causes knockdown on hit
EX Hazanshu now has armor-break properties
Kikosho (UC2) invincibility increased from 8F to 9F, covering the start of active frames; damage increased from 330 to 365

Cody
Back Dash distance slightly increased
Crouching MK changed from -3 to -1 on hit, from -6 to -2 on block,
When Jaw Crusher (4+MP) is beaten while out, it is now treated as a counter-hit
Crack Kick (6+HK) now airborne from 8F instead of 1F
Knife Throw now has armor-break properties
Knife ground attacks now can be used as follow-ups, can combo after L Criminal Upper; corresponds to Standing LP, Crouching LP, Standing MP, Crouching MP, Standing HP, Crouching MP
Zonk Knuckle can now be EX Focus-cancelled
When Bad Stone is held, the stone is thrown immediately at button release
EX Criminal Upper pushback on block reduced by half; now strike invincible until 1F before active
H Dead End Agony (Super Combo) float of opponent on hit changed
Last Dread Dust (UC2) damage reduced from 506 to 466, forward movement slightly increased

Dan
Crouching Taunt meter build increased from 0 to 40, meter build on hit reduced from 70 to 0
Air Taunt meter build increased from 0 to 10
Close Standing HK input command changed to 4+HK
Far Standing HK now activates regardless of distance from the opponent
Far Standing LP hitbox slightly expanded upward
L Dankukyaku hitbox expanded downward
H Koryuken 1st hit hitbox slightly expanded forward
All versions of Gadoken hurtbox on arm reduced to around the wrist
Shisso Buraiken (UC1) 1st hit now has armor-break properties
Haoh Gadoken (UC2) now connects all hits on air opponents; changed to 331 damage on air hit

Dee Jay
Far Standing MP start-up reduced from 7F to 6F
Far Standing HP late active frame hit now floats air opponents on counter-hit
Crouching LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F
Crouching MP hitbox expanded forward
Crouching MK damage increased from 70 to 80
Crouching HP hitbox expanded forward
Knee Shot (2+LK during forward or back jump) hit stun increased by 3F
Air Slasher chip damage increased from 12 to 15
L Double Rolling Sobat changed from -5 to -3 on block
M Double Rolling Sobat 1st hit hit stun increased by 2F, changed from +6 to +8 on hit after EX Focus-cancel → Forward Dash
EX Machine Gun Upper start-up reduced from 12F to 6F; full invincibility changed from 1-4F to 1-2F, midsection invinciblity changed from 5-9F to 3-4F, above the chest invincbility changed from 10-31F to 5-25F, now throw invincble from 1-7F; changed from -5 to -8 on block (-9 to -12 on block with mash); 1st hit hitbox slightly expanded forward; floats the opponent higher on hit, with or without mash; all hits can be EX Focus-cancelled on hit or block, with or without mash

Dhalsim
Standing MP start-up reduced from 10F to 9F; hit and block stun reduced by 1F
Standing MK changed to two hits; damage reduced from 60 to 40*30, stun changed from 100 to 50*50
Standing HP damage increased from 75 to 80; changed from ±0 to +1 on hit
4+LK damage increased from 30 to 40
4+MK pushback on hit and block reduced
4+HK damage increased from 90 to 100
L Yoga Blast hurtbox reduced
M Yoga Blast start-up reduced from 15F to 14F
EX Yoga Blast damage increased from 90*50 to 90*60; now causes techable knockdown instead of hard knockdown on hit; hitbox slightly expanded forward
EX Yoga Flame damage increased from 50*70 to 70*70; hitbox slightly expanded horizontally
Yoga Shangri-La (UC2) throw range slightly increased; command changed from 236236+PPP in air to 236236+KKK in air

Dudley
Standing HP hitbox slightly expanded forward and downward
Standing HK counter-hit pushback reduced
Crouching LP hitbox slightly expanded forward; Crouching LP → 6+LP chain-cancel no longer works
Crouching MK start-up reduced from 8F to 7F
Kidney Blow (6+MK) hitbox slightly expanded forward
Step Straight (6+HP) now knocks down on air hit
All Target Combo damage increased by 10
Target Combo 1 (6+LP → MP) 2nd hit chip damage on block removed
Victory Rose (2+HP+HK) damage increased from 0 to 1; changed from +6 to +13 on hit
L Machinegun Blow changed from -2 to -1 on block
H Machinegun Blow pushback on hit reduced by half
L, M and H Short Swing Blow throw invincibility extended until the end of active frames
EX Short Swing Blow throw invincibility extended until the end of the 1st hit’s active frames

E.Honda
Close Standing HP hitbox expanded upward
Far Standing HP tip damage increased from 80 to 90
Far standing HK changed from -3 to -2 on hit, from -7 to -6 on block; hurtbox slightly expanded forward
Diagonal Jump MP hurtbox slightly reduced
Diagonal Jump MK active frames extended by 1F
EX Sumo Headbutt pushback on block reduced
EX Hundred Hand Slap changed from +4 to +5 on hit
EX Oicho Throw now throw invincible from 1-5F
EX Hundred Hand Slap changed from +4 to +5 on hit
Super Killer Head Ram (Super Combo) start-up reduced from 11F to 10F
Orochi Breaker (UC2) start-up reduced from 2F to 1F; throw range increased from 1.16 to 1.4; input command changed to 720+PPP

El Fuerte
Close Standing LP hitbox expanded downward
Close Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 3F; active frames increased from 1F to 2F; changed from +3 to +2 on block; can no longer be Special-cancelled
Close Standing MK start-up reduced from 14F to 11F; recovery reduced from 14F to 13F
Far Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 3F; active frames increased from 1F to 2F; changed from +5 to +6 on hit; can no longer be Special-cancelled
Far Standing MK recovery reduced from 15F to 14F
Close Standing HK start-up reduced from 12F to 10F
EX Guacamole Leg Throw recovery reduced from 10F to 6F
Lv1, Lv2, Lv3 and EX Quesadilla Bomb start-up reduced from 17F to 14F; recovery reduced from 18F to 14F
EX Quesadilla Bomb throw invincible from 1-7F
Fajita Buster damage increased from 150 to 180
Tostada Press start-up reduced from 20F to 19F; active frames increased from 7F to 8F
Gordita Sobat recovery reduced from 18F to 17F

Evil Ryu
Vitality increased from 900 to 950
Crouching MK changed from -4F to -3F on block
Crouching HK start-up reduced from 7F to 6F
Target Combo 1 can now be done from Far Standing MP
Senbukyaku (6+MK) hitbox greatly expanded downward
HK Ryusokyaku start-up reduced from 26F to 25F
L, M and H Shoryuken → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block

Fei Long
Crouching LK start-up increased from 3F to 4F; can no longer be chain-cancelled into Crouching LK
Crouching MP damage increased from 55 to 65
L Rekkaken forward movement distance reduced
L, M and H Rekkaken 2nd hit hit stun reduced by 2F
Shienkyaku no longer activates with 464+K input
All versions of Tenshin now do 1 damage
EX Tenshin start-up reduced from 12F to 10F
L, M and H Shienkyaku → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block
Rekkashingeki (UC1) non-cinematic 3rd hit floats the opponent higher, when used in air combos the last hit now connects

Gen
Stun increased from 900 to 950
1F invincibility time on neutral wake-up removed

Mantis Style

Close Standing HP stun distribution changed from 100*100 to 150*50
Focus Attack hitbox size reduced to position of hurtbox
L, M and H Hyakurenko hitbox slightly expanded downward; recovery increased by 1F
L, M and EX Hyakurenko pushback on hit and block slightly reduced
H Gekiro causes soft knockdown instead of hard knockdown; button input timing now the same as Ver.2012 EX Gekiro
EX Gekiro changed from -35 to -20 on block; now causes hard knockdown; follow-up inputs no longer possible on block; Button input timing now the same as Ver.2012 H Gekiro
Zan’ei (Super Combo) now easier to use in air combos
Shitenketsu (UC2) hitbox slightly expanded forward; stun increased to 600

Crane Style

Crouching LP changed from +3 to +5 on hit
Crouching HP floats the opponent higher on counter-hit
Crouching HK recovery reduced from 29F to 24F
Diagonal Jump HP hurtbox expanded downward
Diagonal Jump HK hurtbox expanded downward
L and M Jyasen changed from +3 to ±0 on block
All versions of Jyasen last hit damage increased by 10
Oga hitbox slightly reduced

Gouken
Far Standing LK now Special- and EX Focus-, EX Red Focus- and Super Combo-cancellable
Crouching LP start-up reduced from 4F to 3F
Crouching MP changed from +1 to +3 on hit
Back Throw untechable timing period now techable
Kongoshin no longer activated with 464+P input
Hyakki Gosai stun reduced from 200 to 160
L Senkugoshoha forward movement slightly increased
EX Tatsumaki Gorasen start-up reduced from 7F to 5F; invincibility time reduced from 8F to 6F; hitbox expanded downward and forward

Guile
Hurtbox on wake-up reduced
Air Throw range slightly increased
Crouching LP changed from +4 to +5 on hit
Crouching MK hitbox and hurtbox expanded forward
Reverse Spin Kick (4 or 6+HK near the opponent) hitbox expanded downward
All versions of Flash Kick invincibility time extended by 1F
All versions of Sonic Boom take counter-hit damage from 1-20F
Flash Explosion (UC1) start-up reduced from 7F to 5F; damage reduced from 510 to 450; during activation, if opponent is behind, corrects to face the opponent; 2nd Flash Kick start-up now slower, less likely to whiff on high air opponents on hit; invincibility time reduced from 1-10F to 1-6F
Sonic Hurricane (UC2) damage increased from 300 to 330; all hits now connect on air opponents

Guy
Movement speed slightly increased
Far Standing LK hitbox slightly expanded upward
Far Standing HK start-up reduced from 8F to 7F; active frames increased from 3F to 5F; recovery reduced from 17F to 6F; hitbox expanded forward and upward
Crouching MP hitbox adjusted, no longer can be used as an anti-air
Elbow Drop (Jump 2+MP version) hitbox expanded downward
Ninja Sickle (3+HK) start-up reduced from 11F to 9F
Target Combo 2nd hit expanded downward and horizontally
H Hozanto start-up reduced from 30F to 28F
Run-Sudden Stop recovery reduced from 17F to 16F
Run-Neck Flip first hit slightly expanded downward
EX Run-Neck Flip now knocks down on air hit
EX Bushin Senpukyaku start-up reduced from 4F to 2F*; hitbox slightly expanded, easier to suck in opponent
Bushin Goraisenpujin (UC1) 2nd hit movement distance slightly increased, easier to use in combos

*Possibly a typo. EX Bushin Senpukyaku was listed with an increase to 6F start-up in the Capcom Cup build.

Hakan
Standing HP hitbox expanded upward
Crouching LK recovery reduced from 9F to 8F
Diagonal Jump MK hitbox expanded, easier to cross-up
Hakan Tackle (6+MP) changed from -5 to -4 on block, from -2 to ±0 on hit
Air Throw damage increased from 140 to 150
L, M and H Oil Rocket (No Oil) throw range increased from 0.97 to 1.05
EX Oil Rocket (No Oil) throw range increased from 0.97 to 1.2

Ibuki
Guard bug where El Fuerte’s 6+MK would cross over fixed\
Crouching LP start-up reduced from 4F to 3F
Target Combo 4 (LP → MP → HP near opponent) 2nd hit hitbox expanded downward
Hammer Kick (6+MK) hitbox expanded downward; changed from +3 to +2 on block
Backhand Punch (HP → HP far from the opponent) now Special-, EX Focus-, EX Red Focus- and Jump-cancellable
L, M and H Tsujigoe recovery reduced by 6F
All versions of Tsumuji hitbox slightly expanded downward
M Tsumuji recovery increased by 1F
EX Kazegiri invincibility time increased from 6F to 7F; 1st hit active frames 2-3F hitbox expanded, easier to use as an anti-air

Juri
Close Standing LP hitbox expanded downward
Close Standing MP start-up speed during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
Close Standing MK start-up speed during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
Far Standing MP now Special-cancellable
Far Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F
Far Standing HK hitbox size during Feng Shui Engine now the same as normal version
Crouching MK start-up reduced from 6F to 5F; recovery reduced from 17F to 16F
Diagonal Jump HP no longer causes knockdown
Kasatushi now takes recoverable damage when absorbing attacks
L, M and H Shikusen no longer can be done from back jump
Second Impact and Third Strike hitbox expanded, less likely to unconnect
EX Shikusen now has input follow-ups like the normal version, activates with any single K button; trajectory changes with button combination: L+M is L Shikusen, M+H is M Shikusen, L+H is H Shikusen trajectory
EX Fuhajin (M+H) now hits grounded opponents
EX Fuhajin (L+H) damage increased from 50*50 to 60*60
EX Senpusha invincibility time increased from 1-6F to 1-7F; changed from -14F to -15F on block
Feng Shui Engine (UC1) invincibility time reduced from 1-4F to 1-2F
Kaisen Dankairaku (UC2) hitbox slightly expanded horizontally

Ken
Close Standing MK hitbox expanded downward, easier to connect on crouching opponents
Crouching MK recovery reduced from 16F to 13F; changed from -1 to +2 on hit, from -4 to -1 on block
Crouching HK start-up reduced from 8F to 7F; recovery reduced from 21F to 19F
Thunder Kick (6+HK) changed from -1 to ±0 on block
L, M and H Hadoken damage increased from 60 to 70
EX Hadoken damage increased from 50*40 to 50*50
M Shoryuken 1st hit now knocks down
H Shoryuken 2nd hit can no longer be EX Focus Cancelled on block; damage increased from 70*40*30 to 70*50*30
L, M and H Shoryuken → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block
H Tatsumaki Senpukyaku start-up reduced from 7F to 6F
L, M and H Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku rising trajectory changed
EX Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku trajectory on activation changed
Shinryuken (UC1) non-cinematic damage increased by 60
Guren Senpukyaku (UC2) movement distance of first several frames slightly increased

M.Bison
Far Standing MP start-up reduced from 8F to 6F; changed from ±0 to +2 on hit, from -3 to -1 on block; now Special-, Super- and EX Focus-cancellable
Crouching HP start-up reduced from 12F to 10F
Hell Attack (MP after Jump MP) now has the same hit effect as Jump MP, when Hell Attack only hits, can follow with normal attacks
Bison Warp total frames increased from 42F to 47F
L Double Knee Press changed from ±0 to -1 on block; damage increased from 60*30 to 60*40
M Double Knee Press damage increased from 60*50 to 60*60
H Double Knee Press damage increased from 70*60 to 70*70
EX Double Knee Press damage increased from 70*70 to 70*80; projectile invincibility increased from 12F to 19F
L, M and H Head Press start-up reduced from 22F to 20F
EX Devil Reverse movement speed slightly increased
L, M and H Psycho Crusher leg hitbox can now be used as a follow in air combos
EX Psycho Crusher damage reduced from 75*75 to 75*60
Psycho Punisher (UC2) damage reduced from 450 to 420; charge time reduced from 55F to 40F

Makoto
Forward/Neutral Throw range increased from 0.9 to 0.95
Back Throw range decreased from 0.9 to 0.85
Standing HP hit stun increased by 1F on crouching opponents (now matches the hit stun time when used against standing opponents)
Crouching HK stun increased from 100 to 200
Jump MK hitbox slightly expanded, easier to cross-up
L, M, H Karakusa recovery on whiff increased by 4F
EX Fukiage now hits grounded opponents, jump-cancellable on hit only; damage reduced from 120 to 80; stun reduced from 200 to 100
L and M Tsurugi block stun reduced by 2F; at lowest height is -3 on block
Seichusen Godanzuki (UC1) damage decreased from 480 to 440
Abare Tosanami (UC2) after the freeze now fully projectile invincible until landing

Oni
Crouching HK start-up reduced from 9F to 8F; recovery reduced from 24F to 23F
6+MK start-up reduced from 13F to 11F
Focus Attack hitbox expanded forward
L Gorai Hadoken total frames reduced from 54F to 52F
M Gorai Hadoken total frames reduced from 61F to 59F
H Gorai Hadoken total frames reduced from 69F to 67F
L Sekisei Jiraiken changed from -7 to -6 on block
M Sekisei Jiraiken changed from -6 to -4 on block; 1F invincibility removed
H Goshoryuken complete invincibility reduced from 1-8F to 1-5F, strike invincibility changed from 9-10F to 6-7F
All versions of Goshoryuken can now be EX Focus-cancelled on the 1st hit, on hit or block
L, M and H Gohoryuken → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block
L Rakan Dantojin damage reduced from 120 to 110; stun reduced from 150 to 130
EX Rakan Dantojin changed from -10 to -9 on block
H and EX Rakan Dantojin rear hurtbox just before the attack starts reduced to throw box
Meido Gohado (Anti-ground UC1) non-cinematic damage increased from 350 to 375; start-up reduced from 11F to 9F
Meido Gozanku (Air UC1) start-up reduced from 14F to 11F
Tenchi Sokaigen (UC2) command changed from 41236 x2+PPP to 63214 x2+PPP

Rose
Forward Dash total frames reduced from 21F to 20F
Close Standing MK hitbox slightly expanded downward
Crouching LP damage increased from 20 to 30
Crouching LK damage increased from 30 to 40
Crouching MP damage increased from 60 to 70
L Soul Spiral forward movement distance slightly increased
L, M and H Soul Spiral damage increased from 100 to 110
EX Soul Spiral damage increased from 120 to 130; stun increased from 100 to 200; invincibility time increased from 11F to 13F; throw invincibility removed
M Soul Spark start-up reduced from 22F to 20F
H Soul Spark start-up reduced from 29F to 27F
Illusion Spark (UC1) start-up reduced from 12F to 10F
Soul Satellite (UC1) command input changed from 214214+PPP to 214214+KKK; recovery increased from 2F to 4F

Rufus
Forward/Neutral Throw damage reduced from 150 to 135
Far Standing MP now Special-, EX Focus-, EX Red Focus- and Super Combo-cancellable
Far Standing MK active frames increased from 1F to 2F
Target Combo (LK → HK near the opponent) 2nd changed from -5 to -8 on block
Messiah Kick LK now can be used in air combos
Messiah Kick MK follow-up recovery increased from 19F to 22F
Messiah Kick HK follow-up recovery increased from 17F to 19F
EX Messiah Kick less likely to cross over even when hitting low-state opponents; invincibility time reduced from 16F to 13F
Spectacle Romance (Super Combo) 2nd hit hitbox expanded to the tip of the fist
Space Opera Symphony (UC1) damage reduced from 460 to 420
Big Bang Typhoon (UC2) damage reduced from 420 to 360; knock back on air hit adjusted

Ryu
Crouching MK changed from -3 to -2 on block
Jump MP 1st hit now cancellable into all versions of Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
L, M and H Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku can now be used as follow-ups for air combos
EX Air Tatsumaki Senpukyaku hitbox expanded; vacuum effect on hit increased, easier to land all hits
L and M Shoryuken → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block
EX Shoryuken (1 hit) →EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash can followed by all strikes except throws
Metsu Shoryuken (UC2) invincibility time increased by 1F

Sagat
Close Standing LK 2nd hit now Special-, EX Focus-, EX Red Focus- and Super Combo-cancellable
L, M and H Tiger Knee 1st hit now forces stand
EX Tiger Knee changed from -1 to ±0 on block
L, M and H Tiger Uppercut→ EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block *Also applies to Tiger Uppercuts with Angry Charge
Tiger Destruction (UC1) air hit damage reduced from 395 to 340; forward movement reduced; when hitting air opponents in the corner, now does full hits;
Tiger Cannon (UC2) now does full hits on air opponents; air hit damage reduced from 384 to 309

Sakura
Far Standing MP hitbox slightly expanded forward
Diagonal Jump HP hurtbox slightly increased
All versions of Air Shunpukyaku trajectory changed on activation
EX Shunpukyaku changed from +4 to +2 on block; made easier to connect on crouching opponents
All versions of Shouoken hitbox slightly expanded forward
EX Sakura Otoshi earliest timing for additional attacks reduced from 15F to 12F
Shinku Hadoken (UC2) rear hitbox removed

Seth
Triangle Jump movement distance reduced
Far Standing HP changed from -11 to -5 on hit, from -15 to -8 on block
Diagonal Jump MK now crosses up
Diagonal Jump HK no longer crosses up
Yosokyaku (Jump 2+MK) active frames increased from 3F to 4F
Tenmakujinyaku (Jump 2+HK) hurtbox slightly expanded
M Hyakuretsukyaku stun reduced from 150 to 100
H Hyakuretsukyaku stun reduced from 200 to 150
All versions of Spinning Pile Driver stun reduced from 200 to 150
L, M and H Shoryuken 2nd hit no longer can be Focus-cancelled on guard; EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash is now -5 on block
L, M and H Tanden Engine can no longer be cancelled into from normal attacks
Tanden Stream (UC1) recovery reduced from 66F to 55F; pushback on block reduced
Tanden Typhoon (UC2) now easier to land all hits on air opponents; changed from -89 to -70 on block

T.Hawk
Close Standing MP pushback on hit and block reduced
Far Standing HK hurtbox slightly expanded; changed from -7 to -5 on block
Crouching MK now Special-, Super Combo- and EX Focus- and EX Red Focus-cancellable
Thrust Peak command changed from 3+P to 4+P
Condor Spire command changed from 421+P to 623+K
L Condor Spire changed from -5 to -2 on block; start-up reduced from 20F to 11F
M Condor Spire start-up reduced from 20F to 14F
EX Condor Spire forward movement slightly increased
L Tomahawk Buster start-up reduced from 5F to 4F; recovery reduced from 28F to 27F
EX Tomahawk Buster now EX Focus-cancellable
L Mexican Typhoon throw range increased from 1.5 to 1.55
Raging Slash (UC2) command changed from 63214 x2+PPP to 63214 x2+KKK; hitbox slightly expanded horizontally

Vega
Crouching HP active frames increased from 2F to 4F
Mask Pick-up from ground is now a command, 2+PP when standing over the mask
L, H and EX Rolling Crystal Flash → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash changed from ±0 to +5 on block
M Rolling Crystal Flash → EX Focus Cancel → Forward dash changed from ±0 to +3 on block
Flying Barcelona Special (Super Combo) now has an attack added during the motion to the wall, does 0 damage; Rolling Izuna Drop damage reduced from 100*100*200 to 100*100*100; gauge consumption timing changed from when Vega reaches the wall to at the time of activation
Bloody High Claw (UC1) Forward charge attack’s hitbox expanded upward
Splendid Claw (UC2) start-up reduced from 8F to 7F

Yang
Close Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F
Close Standing MK hitbox expanded downward, easier to connect on crouching opponents
Far Standing MP now Special-, Super Combo- and EX Focus-cancellable
Far Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 4F
Crouching LK damage increased from 20 to 30
Diagonal Jump MK hitbox size expanded, now in between the AE and Ver.2012 versions
L and M Torou Zan 3rd hit damage increased from 60 to 65
H Torou Zan 3rd hit damage increased from 60 to 70
L Senkyutai 1st hit hit stop increased from 8F to 12F on hit (now matches the hit stop on block)
All versions of Zenpo Tenshin now do 1 damage
Tenshin Senkyutai (UC2) start-up reduced from 7F to 6F

Yun
Far Standing MP damage increased from 50 to 60
Crouching MP damage increased from 50 to 60
H Nishokyaku 1-7 invincibility time changed from full invincibility to lower-body invincibility; now airborne from 7F after start-up
Zenpo Tenshin throw range reduced from 1.1 to 1.0
EX Zenpo Tenshin throw range reduced from 1.3 to 1.2
All versions of Zenpo Tenshin now do 1 damage

Zangief
Close Standing LK now Special-, EX Focus-, EX Red Focus- and Super Combo-cancellable
Far Standing MP hurtbox slightly expanded; hurtbox in front sticks out 1F before active
Far Standing MK changed from -7 to -3 on hit, from -10 to -7 on block
Diagonal Jump HP hurtbox slightly expanded
L Spinning Pile Driver throw range reduced from 1.75 to 1.70
L Banishing Flat start-up reduced from 11F to 8F; changed from -5 to -3 on hit, from -7 to -8 on block
M Banishing Flat start-up reduced from 13F to 11F; changed from -8 to -6 on block
H Banishing Flat start-up reduce from 16F to 14F; changed from -7 to -6 on hit, from -9 to -7 on block

edit: Changed info to Shoryuken.com version instead

Trykt fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 10, 2014

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Jeffrey posted:

Without crouch tech, low or throw is an actual mixup

Okay, I guess that's true, but as someone who likes to play charge characters I must oppose this. :colbert:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oh god. That changelog.

Eventhubs posted:

Ken

- Movement speed slightly increased.
- Close standing medium kick has had its downward hitbox increased, and is now easier to hit crouching opponents with.
- Crouching medium kick recovery has been reduced from 16 frames to 13 frames. Hitstun changed to +2 frames from -1 frame. Blockstun changed to -1 frame from -4 frames.
- Crouching heavy kick startup changed to 7 frames from 8 frames. Recovery changed to 19 frames from 21 frames.
- Lightning Kick (Back + Medium Kick) changed to ±0 frames on block, from -1 frame.
- Light, Medium and Heavy Fireball damage increased to 70 from 60.
- EX Fireball damage increased to 50+50, from 50+40.
- If Medium Shoryuken trades on the first hit, Ken will now be considered airborne when hit.
- Heavy Shoryuken can now be FADC'd on second hit during opponent's block.
- Light, Medium and Heavy Shoryuken are all now -5 frames on block when FADC'd into a forward dash.
- Heavy Hurricane Kick now has 6 frames startup instead of 7 frames.
- Light, Medium and Heavy Airborne Hurricane Kick trajectory changed when done while jump is heading upwards.
- EX Airborne Hurricane Kick trajectory changed.
- Shinryuken (Ultra 1) non-animation damage increased by 60.
- Guren Senpukyaku (Ultra 2) has slightly better range when activated.

Damnit, I would have been fine with the two major changes that were in there before: MP SK launching even if only the first part hits, and the decreased startup for his c.HK. I might actually use Ultra 2 in certain match ups now, though.

Some of the frame data changes I cannot quite parse, though.

More Event Hubs posted:

Dhalsim

- Standing medium punch startup is now 9 frames instead of 10 frames. Now has 1 less frame of both hitstun and blockstun.
- Standing medium kick now hits twice. Damage has been changed to 40+30 from 60. Meter gain changed to 50+50 from 100.
- Standing heavy punch damage increased to 80 from 75. Is now +1 on hit instead of ±0.
- Back+light kick now does 40 damage instead of 30.
- Back+medium kick now gives less pushback on both hit and block.
- Back+heavy kick now does 100 damage instead of 90.
- Light Yoga Blast hurtbox decreased.
- Medium Yoga Blast now has 14 frames of startup instead of 15.
- EX Yoga Blast now does 90+60 damage instead of 90+50. Now gives soft knockdown. Now has a larger hitbox.
- EX Yoga Flame now does 70+70 damage instead of 50+70. Hitbox slightly increased.
- Yoga Shangri-La hitbox increased. Command has been changed to airborne QCFQCF+Kicks instead of punches.

I'm liking the change to some of Sim's normals, though. The standing MK, especially--does this mean it'll counter focus dashing?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I like the sound of those Chun Li changes (especially EX Hazanshu), but down-forward + LK still seems like a terrible anti-air. I guess it all depends on how much bigger the hitbox is.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Flying Barcelona Special (Super): Vega now only loses the Super gauge once the move is activated from the wall, instead of when he starts jumping towards the wall.

That's pretty great Capcom because that's how it's always been anyway.

edit: unless this was supposed to mean his U1, which currently depletes as soon as you start heading toward the wall. Either way something's not correct

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

Can someone post the whole list in the OP or anywhere? I can't even get past Eventhubs stupid anti-popup popup blocker at work due to being unable to even disable our popup blocker.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Prowler posted:

I'm liking the change to some of Sim's normals, though. The standing MK, especially--does this mean it'll counter focus dashing?

Yeah that's pretty much the idea and yes it will help a lot against some characters and especially Balrog.

KOMI posted:

Flying Barcelona Special (Super): Vega now only loses the Super gauge once the move is activated from the wall, instead of when he starts jumping towards the wall.

edit: unless this was supposed to mean his U1, which currently depletes as soon as you start heading toward the wall. Either way something's not correct

The flash definitely comes up as you input the super on the ground, so I'm pretty sure they got it right.

edit: vvvvv You're right. I'm stupid.

a!n fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 10, 2014

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

a!n posted:

The flash definitely comes up as you input the super on the ground, so I'm pretty sure they got it right.

No, it doesn't.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

KOMI posted:

Ultra 1 had that problem, but only if you were hit out of it. Super now HITS ON THE WAY UP so it's no longer the single worst super in the whole drat game. Why the gently caress do I need a command to pick up a mask
?

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

Ultra 1 had that problem, but only if you were hit out of it. Super now HITS ON THE WAY UP so it's no longer the single worst super in the whole drat game.

His U1 depletes as soon as you begin to make way towards the wall whether you're hit or not, but now the new increased upward hitbox will be a welcomed changed. I've always liked his super the way it was because it did monster damage even though really you should almost never be using it, but it's been traded off now for easier landing which is kinda meh. I'll probably use it next to never now.

edit: actually you're right with the U1

KOMI fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 10, 2014

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

KOMI posted:

His U1 depleted as soon as you begin to make way towards the wall whether you're hit or not, but now the new increased upward hitbox will be a welcomed changed. I've always liked his super the way it was because it did monster damage, but it's been traded off now for easier landing which is kinda meh. I'll probably use it even less now.

You also run the risk of wasting 4 bars for absolutely nothing in return except being awesome (which is cool and a worthy endeavor) but since it can be cancelled from cr.MP it will be a lot better (but still not great). They seem to have made it a little more damaging too.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

MLIOOBE posted:

Can someone post the whole list in the OP or anywhere? I can't even get past Eventhubs stupid anti-popup popup blocker at work due to being unable to even disable our popup blocker.

They don't have all the characters up yet, they're updating the article character by character. I'm sure someone will make a full copy/paste once it's complete.

tunaism
Dec 24, 2011
So far Dan is the only uppercut character that doesn't have the -5 FADC change in his log. Overlooked or legit?

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

They seem to have made it a little more damaging too.

Didn't they reduce the damage? It's now 100+100+100.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
It's also on srk if you don't wanna deal with eventhubs http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/10/ultra-street-fighter-iv-final-change-list-released/

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I still don't understand why they decided nerfing Gen was a priority.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

See, now this one words it as "gauge consumption timing changed from when Vega reaches the wall to at the time of activation", so it's likely a translation inaccuracy between the two.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

And they have all the characters up. Good Lord, Eventhubs is terrible.

There's also this clarification about Vega's Barcelona Special:

SRK posted:

Flying Barcelona Special (Super Combo) now has an attack added during the motion to the wall, does 0 damage; Rolling Izuna Drop damage reduced from 100*100*200 to 100*100*100; gauge consumption timing changed from when Vega reaches the wall to at the time of activation

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

KOMI posted:

Didn't they reduce the damage? It's now 100+100+100.

huh, I must have read that wrong since Eventhubs sucks at going from

Original damage-new damage.

instead its bass ackwards.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
Oh man, Juri is gonna be crazy in Ultra. And holy poo poo this,

SRK posted:

Diagonal Jump HP no longer causes knockdown

Nobody thought this buff was coming back. Apparently this means Juri gets a jump-in normal that leads to 300+ combos that's also extremely ambiguous and difficult to anti-air. When they removed that buff in the last beta build, alot of Juri players were okay with it, because they thought it was too strong.

Puzzle Thing fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 10, 2014

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

quote:

Dudley

- Rose: Causes damage (0->1)
- Rose: Advantage on hit increased (6F->13F)

Ahahahahahahahahaha, yesssss.

I like the damage boost to Target Combos across the board, as well as the frame disadvantage buff on Light MGB. In fact I don't really disagree with any Dudley changes so far, they're mostly pretty good.

edit: still no change to thunderbolt huh, just going to keep dudley with the worst move in the game

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 10, 2014

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Puzzle Thing posted:

Oh man, Juri is gonna be crazy in Ultra. And holy poo poo this,

Nobody thought this buff was coming back. Apparently this means Juri gets a jump-in normal that leads to 300+ combo's that's extremely ambiguous and difficult to anti-air. When they removed that buff in the last beta build, alot of Juri players were okay with it, because they thought it was too strong.

Ahahahaha. What is capcom doing. That jump in is going to destroy people, it's like if Sakura's j.hp was also an ambiguous crossup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Rafzakael posted:

edit: still no change to thunderbolt huh, just going to keep dudley with the worst move in the game

What about Ibuki's DP+P? The jump-awkwardly-into-the-air-and-don't-recover-until-next-full-moon move.

• Locked thread