Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Doesn't most of the trial mode stuff not work in the actual game because it reverts to Super when doing the trials?

I'm not focusing on memorizing the combos so much as using it to get used to inputting the various attacks. It wants you to cancel into many things which requires inputting them very fast :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Magus42 posted:

I'm not focusing on memorizing the combos so much as using it to get used to inputting the various attacks. It wants you to cancel into many things which requires inputting them very fast :)

Yeah this is the right idea, like links in SF4 all have different timings but just learning to do "links" in general works, if you can hit all your 1 frame links on your main it's really not hard to get up to speed on any other character. And generic motions like FADC in mid combo carry over as well. The only things you're likely to get stuck on moving between characters are things with weirdly specific timings like Ryu f.HP and linking off Chun lighting legs or Fei chicken wing.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

If this doesn't already work there's no changes listed that should make it work. EX hands being +5 would just make it easier.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 12, 2014

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

If this doesn't already work there's no changes listed that should make it work. EX hands being +5 would just make it easier.

He's clearly saying that babies like you can hit that combo now.

:colbert:

-A69-
Apr 2, 2009
Are there any guides for Cammy? Just picked this game back up and i haven't played sinnce Super, and i've atrophied into the button mashing and falling for dumb poo poo phase again. And is U2 ever better to use that U1?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

-A69- posted:

Are there any guides for Cammy? Just picked this game back up and i haven't played sinnce Super, and i've atrophied into the button mashing and falling for dumb poo poo phase again. And is U2 ever better to use that U1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJnfLWnxE8c

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
This glitch makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAxz9r5hahk

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cool, I definitely have to try it out. I wonder how difficult it is to pull this off.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Found Justin and K-Brad playing AE2012 while I was wandering the PAX East floor Friday afternoon and ended their day-long win streak at 171 when K-Brad picked Rufus against my Ryu :toot: hosed up an EX Messiah bait to choke away a 50% life lead instead of closing out game two and ended up losing 2-1 but I can't complain. Gotta put more time in, everyone's beatable! K-Brad's ability to play most of the cast was surprising too, he'll be really good if someone ever teaches him how to block.

Ultra's awesome but if you pick Rolento you're a bad loving person. Such an obnoxious and slippery character, I hope he ends up awful. Ryu still owns, Ultra 2 being viable (IMO preferable in a bunch of matchups) and getting a pile of damage for no extra meter after DP FADC is way too much fun.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I have no idea who to main in Ultra. I currently play Ibuki and Chun. Chun is no longer getting her jump buffed and Ibuki is getting hit hard by the slow rise mechanic.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I feel bad for PC players who don't have an Xbox. 3 month wait for the update?

What do GFWL players do anyway, as in those who don't use Steam? I'd imagine the game will be similar to Skullgirls in that it will be fully integrated into Steam, so you can check the profiles of players you've met. Or that you can't play when Steam is down.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm pretty sure that Capcom has said that the Ultra upgrade is their planned fix.

So they won't be able to do anything.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im getting Ultra as soon as it ships to stores (probably 1-3 weeks early) due to industry connections. I got DS2 a month early:toot: and sfXtekken 6 weeks early :smith:
Im only kinda thrilled, but I know there are people who take the game way more seriously. Any So Cal players want in on this? Could be fun to show up at WNF with stupidly unfair day 1 advantage.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I feel bad for PC players who don't have an Xbox. 3 month wait for the update?

What do GFWL players do anyway, as in those who don't use Steam? I'd imagine the game will be similar to Skullgirls in that it will be fully integrated into Steam, so you can check the profiles of players you've met. Or that you can't play when Steam is down.

Steam being down is not exactly a frequent occurrence.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

flatluigi posted:

I'm pretty sure that Capcom has said that the Ultra upgrade is their planned fix.

So they won't be able to do anything.

Ultra isn't a fix, it's a second game . I'm pretty sure GFWL users are going to be boned and ssf4ae will be unplayable unless you throw down more money

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yes, that's exactly what my post said.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Capcom said that they'll be switching SFIVAE to steamworks.

EDIT:
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/17/games-for-windows-live-is-dying-we-check-the-life-support-of-ga/
Thye don't state the sources but I've seen the same list on PCGamer and RockPaperShotgun somewhere.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 14, 2014

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Holy crap, forget Dudley; turns out I'm a Cammy guy. Spent a few hours battling a friend tonight hopping between characters, then finally tried her and was hooked.

Anyone know any good guides/tutorials for her off hand? :)

Norithiel
Aug 4, 2006

8U

Magus42 posted:

Anyone know any good guides/tutorials for [Cammy] off hand? :)

I think someone linked one on page 2.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Magus42 posted:

Holy crap, forget Dudley; turns out I'm a Cammy guy. Spent a few hours battling a friend tonight hopping between characters, then finally tried her and was hooked.

I hear K-Brad's Scumbag Cammy guide is pretty good, track that down.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Mio Bison posted:

Ultra's awesome but if you pick Rolento you're a bad loving person. Such an obnoxious and slippery character, I hope he ends up awful. Ryu still owns, Ultra 2 being viable (IMO preferable in a bunch of matchups) and getting a pile of damage for no extra meter after DP FADC is way too much fun.

He isn't even that good in Ultra compared to Alpha2, A3 or early sfxt builds. Back in the day he had a really good 2.HP (arguably is best button), a very good anti-fireball/whiff super at half/full screen and great recovery on his moves which made him a solid hit and run character, but now he's almost wholly gimmicks and you just mix up different jumps and pogo and cross up and basic mid to long range poking. Actually, his long range pokes aren't that great either.

Overall, way too slow in Ultra for my liking. If I wanted to play a character with good mix-ups and annoying pressure, I'd just pick up Poison or Leona or whatever her name is if she hasn't been nerfed to poo poo yet.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Magus42 posted:

Look up like ten posts for the mentioned scumbag tutorial

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Seriously, that K Brad tutorial has a jocular tone but that is basically how you play Cammy.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Norithiel posted:

I think someone linked one on page 2.

Thanks.

lamentable dustman posted:

Look up like ten posts for the mentioned scumbag tutorial

Woops, that's what I get for not skimming things :)

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
So I don't know if this has been widely seen but here's Decapre's pre-order bonus alt costume. Here's a link to the other 4 if you haven't seen them yet somehow, even though they're in the OP you sack of poo poo!!!!

edit: thumbnails

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Those look dumb as hell. But then so do most of the costumes.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Except for Elena, those are all amazing.

God I love belts.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I don't endorse the overuse of padlocks, but the iron mask looks sick

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I have SSF4 from Playstation Plus, will the digital upgrade work with that?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

iastudent posted:

I have SSF4 from Playstation Plus, will the digital upgrade work with that?

Yes it will, Capcom was nice enough to explicitly say this in one of the announcement trailers.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Man, no one is getting Decapre's bike.

Edit: Question answered!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Daigo did a short video about Hugo, he looks really sick, especially with that Meat Squasher travel distance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lzlxtz3Sfg

About those alt costumes, are we gonna be able to get them with the digital upgrade?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Daigo did a short video about Hugo, he looks really sick, especially with that Meat Squasher travel distance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lzlxtz3Sfg

About those alt costumes, are we gonna be able to get them with the digital upgrade?

It would be stupid for them not to follow the current model and just release them later (assuming the 5 get a second costume like the Super and AE chars)

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Nativity In Black posted:

Those look dumb as hell. But then so do most of the costumes.

I feel like the Rolento one is in reference to something but I can't remember where I've seen that design before.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Clap combos make me irrationally happy.

Rolento is a reference to (I think) the mage the thief from D&D: Shadows over Mystara.

Sade fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 16, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Rose's one alternate is the thief, actually. I don't know what Rolento's is inspired by.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I don't think it's supposed to be the D&D Thief, Rose already has that costume.

They look like boss designs Capcom would have in their games from the early nineties like Trojan, Black Tiger and such. I don't think they're 1:1 taken from any particular game but are definitely evocative of stuff like Midnight Wanderers, Trojan, etc.

Rolento's really is familiar though. I feel like there's a Mega Man X or one of the Star Gladiators games or something has a very similar outfit.

sponszi
Dec 15, 2013
A lot of lame costumes, but executioner Hugo is sick

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Decapre's alt costume looks like a homage to Vegas original goofy knight design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Any bets on whether Poison's pirate dong bulge will actually make it into the in-game model?

• Locked thread