Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Freakbox posted:

PS: Pierce, my gates are still open if you'd like your furniture.

Had to get up at 5:30 this morning. Sucks!

I'll try to get by tonight, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Welp, guess I'm gonna be playing this again. Gonna have to put the old town out to pasture as soon as I get my hands on a new adapter for my 3DS.

I use a 3DS/DSLite adaptor from Amazon (link). I have a couple of 'em, in fact. My only beef with them is my first one died after a year or so, but it was pretty cheap so no great loss. That one from Gamestop should be fine!

Also, post your info so I can add you to the spreadsheet, and welcome back to Animal Crossing!

Copicat
Jan 25, 2014

jibberin' Ghibli giblets!

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Freakbox, I added you! And Copicat, you can just have some blue roses. People here love sneaking in and flower-bombing towns that are open with surprise gift hybrids. I've added you if you want a few from me, but I'm sure the rest of the Elite Flower Hit Squad are just asleep due to timezones right now.

Because I have too many screenshots, here's tranquil shot from Beckvale at night.

...And a not so tranquil shot from Crackton.

That would be super! I'll have my town open sometime later tonight since I'll be working all day. I haven't invited people over to my town since it looks like crap and I don't have night owl ordinance enacted so it can get boring pretty fast :(

I'll add you back later on as well Giant Boy Detective

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man, the 1% fish in this game are the worst things. I'm down to a Gar and Stringfish off fish completion, and after making sure I was in the right time, i've spent the better part of the last hour running up and down the riverbed scaring off all other fish and have yet to even see a stringfish size shadow appear.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

This game can be so pretty. The changing of the seasons means there's always something new to look forward to.

It sure does, Daisy :3:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Whoa, apparently villagers can move in from people you streetpassed with? Since the bunny Doc moved in (placing his house as far away from everyone else as possible, good job there buddy) and when I talked to him, he mentioned he was moving from one of the towns I had streetpassed over the weekend I guess. That's kind of cool, at least.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Clocks posted:

Whoa, apparently villagers can move in from people you streetpassed with? Since the bunny Doc moved in (placing his house as far away from everyone else as possible, good job there buddy) and when I talked to him, he mentioned he was moving from one of the towns I had streetpassed over the weekend I guess. That's kind of cool, at least.

Super cool, unless they pop in the day before one of your desired villagers decides to camp :argh:

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Man, the 1% fish in this game are the worst things. I'm down to a Gar and Stringfish off fish completion, and after making sure I was in the right time, i've spent the better part of the last hour running up and down the riverbed scaring off all other fish and have yet to even see a stringfish size shadow appear.

And then once you find one you will find them way more than you ever wanted to.

PS: Bina I would love if you would garden my place some more! I have a lot to do today so I will be able to be on after 3 CST but will probably just idle in the IRC if you wanna find me. :)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Nooo Tammi decided to stealth move out on me :( Her house was in such a good spot too.

She's boxed up if anyone wants a peppy monkey

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Tammi

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Kruller posted:

Super cool, unless they pop in the day before one of your desired villagers decides to camp :argh:

I just read up on how the campsite works and apparently you can have 9 homes and a campsite and that will prevent a 10th from moving in (unless you convince the camper to move in at that point? does the camp then empty up for future campers?). Except for streetpass move-ins. I can understand how that would be pretty unfortunate. It's nice to know that if one of my villagers is moving out there's a slight chance they might go to someone else, though!

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

Clocks posted:

I just read up on how the campsite works and apparently you can have 9 homes and a campsite and that will prevent a 10th from moving in (unless you convince the camper to move in at that point? does the camp then empty up for future campers?). Except for streetpass move-ins. I can understand how that would be pretty unfortunate. It's nice to know that if one of my villagers is moving out there's a slight chance they might go to someone else, though!

I don't think you have to have the campsite to prevent more for coming in. The tenth spot can only be filled by people you invite from other towns or campsites or from streetpasses. No one new will move into that spot otherwise. :)

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

GlitterPoison posted:

I don't think you have to have the campsite to prevent more for coming in. The tenth spot can only be filled by people you invite from other towns or campsites or from streetpasses. No one new will move into that spot otherwise. :)

Oh, I had no idea, thanks. The streetpass villager happened to be my 10th villager, which makes sense.

So in terms of the campsite though, once you invite a villager from one to move in, do they build their own house and empty the campsite?

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

Mine was streetpassed from a coworker who barely even plays. Jerk.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Clocks posted:

Oh, I had no idea, thanks. The streetpass villager happened to be my 10th villager, which makes sense.

So in terms of the campsite though, once you invite a villager from one to move in, do they build their own house and empty the campsite?

Animals will only be at the campsite for a day at a time, and not every day. When you invite a camper to move in, they will plot their house down usually in the next 1-2 days, and the campsite will continue to work as usual.

Robyn
Nov 6, 2011
Omg, Becklespinax, did you pay off my lighthouse? I was so surprised when I came on this evening, thank you so much :D

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

Robyn posted:

Omg, Becklespinax, did you pay off my lighthouse? I was so surprised when I came on this evening, thank you so much :D

:D I did, yes, I enjoy random acts of kindness! Working on growing up some more hybrids for everyone too :)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

All right. I got sick of not being able to add people so, I did a massive purge of my friend list. I pruned anyone who hasn't been active for awhile, people I didn't recognize, or just people I don't play with.

To that end :siren: I have room on my friend list again! :siren:

I added a bunch of people (some of whom had added me already; sorry about that... :ohdear:), so the following folks, please add me back!

Aeon
Freakbox
M3V
Robyn
Sudden Javelin

And I I still have room after that so if you want on my list, let me know!

On a different note, Bina, since you're the resident flower wizard, wanna have a go at my town sometime? :D I have metric poo poo tons of flowers all over my town, mostly just arranged haphazardly, and I can't be arsed to make them look pretty. If that sounds good to you, you're welcome to have a shot!

EDIT: just opened my gates too, because why not?

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 7, 2014

Robyn
Nov 6, 2011
I've added Quitte and Sudden Javelin because of timezone reasons. :)

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

GlitterPoison posted:

And then once you find one you will find them way more than you ever wanted to.
TRU FACTS, I caught an Aparima, Arowana, Dorado and Coelcanth in the time I was looking for a Gar and Stringfish last night.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Is there anyway to get fish from someone else? I had a popeyed goldfish but a villager bought it from me on my way to the museum.

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

juliuspringle posted:

Is there anyway to get fish from someone else? I had a popeyed goldfish but a villager bought it from me on my way to the museum.

nope! if it was your first you shoulda told them no! This is the downfall of this game. Can't give others fish or bugs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i hate telling my villagers no. yes Al you can have my 8k bell #8 lamp in exchange for a crappy tshirt I already have, no problem. :shepicide:

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

Pierce posted:

Had to get up at 5:30 this morning. Sucks!

I'll try to get by tonight, thanks!

I left the stuff outside of your house because I noticed your gate was open! I hope you enjoy it. :h:

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

Awesome! posted:

i hate telling my villagers no. yes Al you can have my 8k bell #8 lamp in exchange for a crappy tshirt I already have, no problem. :shepicide:

sometimes telling them no is necessary. like in the case of saving there house from being horrid looking. I am sure the 8 lamp looked great though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I don't save my villagers from their terrible decorating sense. if they want to fill their house with t-rex tails and butterflies who am I to say no?

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Awesome! posted:

Me too. Even when it's like 9 at night and someone asks me to catch them a butterfly I'm like ok.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

All right. I got sick of not being able to add people so, I did a massive purge of my friend list. I pruned anyone who hasn't been active for awhile, people I didn't recognize, or just people I don't play with.

To that end :siren: I have room on my friend list again! :siren:

I added a bunch of people (some of whom had added me already; sorry about that... :ohdear:), so the following folks, please add me back!

Aeon
Freakbox
M3V
Robyn
Sudden Javelin

And I I still have room after that so if you want on my list, let me know!

On a different note, Bina, since you're the resident flower wizard, wanna have a go at my town sometime? :D I have metric poo poo tons of flowers all over my town, mostly just arranged haphazardly, and I can't be arsed to make them look pretty. If that sounds good to you, you're welcome to have a shot!

EDIT: just opened my gates too, because why not?

Added you back! I'll probably be on again later. :3:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Awesome! posted:

I don't save my villagers from their terrible decorating sense. if they want to fill their house with t-rex tails and butterflies who am I to say no?

This is me. I'm pretty sure my villagers all have dinosaur bones in their house (I need those bells!).

juliuspringle posted:

Me too. Even when it's like 9 at night and someone asks me to catch them a butterfly I'm like ok.

This is also me. I feel really bad telling them no.

It really does seem as though they're interested in whatever new bug/fish I catch and manage to stop me before I get to the museum, though. I tell them no then, but drat.

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

Clocks posted:

This is me. I'm pretty sure my villagers all have dinosaur bones in their house (I need those bells!).

This is also me. I feel really bad telling them no.

It really does seem as though they're interested in whatever new bug/fish I catch and manage to stop me before I get to the museum, though. I tell them no then, but drat.

My problem is when my villagers ask me for extremely rare things OR ask me for a butterfly at night or something. If it is early enough i will try for the rare thing but if you expect me to be able to catch a butterfly at 10pm you are out of your mind!

Copicat
Jan 25, 2014

jibberin' Ghibli giblets!
My town is open if you guys are interested/bored and want to explore another town. Anything you see dropped on the ground is fair game as well as any Xs you find.

FC: 0104 1088 6617

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I'll be on after getting something to eat. My head hurts, and I think I am dehydrated.

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

Bina posted:

I'll be on after getting something to eat. My head hurts, and I think I am dehydrated.

Well that won't do. I am quite busy myself so don't worry about it. Feel better!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

GlitterPoison posted:

Well that won't do. I am quite busy myself so don't worry about it. Feel better!

Bleh.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

bleh- everyone feels bad today! :gonk:

I have a chronic injury in my right knee that acts up every few months; i woke up with it popped out of place and sore, and it never popped back INTO place. I took 4 ibuprofen (average prescription dose), put on a medical kneebrace, and am currently pouting in my bedroom with my feet propped up on a beanbag chair. I'm thirsty, but going downstairs requires me to do a silly loving birdhop because I can't bend my right knee.

Bleh. :tizzy:

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I just saw this article and thought of you guys.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/rare-video-of-oarfish-captured-on-baja-beach/

Since it shortened the link I'll tell you, apparently someone saw an (a couple?) oarfish irl recently.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Finally caught me a giant gross spider crab. Just the other crabs to go, they're gone after April. I have no problems running up and down a beach for hours on end or sneaking around looking at palm trees but I can't stand the diving. :( I've caught a thousand golden stags and at least three caelocanths (two I had to give away to my villagers because they asked and how could I say no) but catching underwater stuff seems so much harder.

juliuspringle posted:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/rare-video-of-oarfish-captured-on-baja-beach/

Since it shortened the link I'll tell you, apparently someone saw an (a couple?) oarfish irl recently.

They're so scary-looking :gonk: Catching one unexpectedly in ACNL even freaked me out a little, bizarre creatures. Those ones died and that's sad :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

juliuspringle posted:

As a marine biologist myself, that gave me the chills! :D So sad that they had to die, though...

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013

juliuspringle posted:

This is super cool! Even if they are super scary looking... so friggin big!

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

Yo Stitch Bitch, let me know when you want to pick up Diva. I'm holding the day before she moves out, so I should be good tonight if you still want her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Does grass wear happen even if you're not running? I swear I haven't touched the run button outside of Main Street and the island for ages but it's still slowly getting patchier.

Oh, and I've added anyone that added me; unless I've missed someone, that's just Robyn and Silver Falcon. If anyone else does, let me know!

• Locked thread