Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

cKnoor posted:

So do you have other LPer lined up for the other days of the week like the first Devolution did?

I got some people lined up who want to do stuff, but this is way less organized and more of a "everybody can just post whatever/whenever they want" like the Clusterfuckathon thread was a few years back.

cKnoor posted:

Awe that's a shame, so basically a dump thread for low effort videos then?

Kinda, but also sort of a thing so people who are interested in doing LPs but unsure about whether it's worth the effort can atleast try it out, ya know.

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

FutureFriend posted:

I got some people lined up who want to do stuff, but this is way less organized and more of a "everybody can just post whatever/whenever they want" like the Clusterfuckathon thread was a few years back.

Awe that's a shame, so basically a dump thread for low effort videos then?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Finally, a place to SSLP trains vs zombies 2

E: Threads like this are good, cause

FutureFriend posted:

people who are interested in doing LPs but unsure about whether it's worth the effort can atleast try it out, ya know.

There's nothing to say you can't or shouldn't put effort into your vid, I think the idea is to just care less about having the absolute perfect aspect ratio or encoding tools or whatever it is VLPers use.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 7, 2014

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I want to do this, and want to put the highest possible effort into making it look low-effort.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Steak Justice posted:

I want to do this, and want to put the highest possible effort into making it look low-effort.

The Quentin Tarantino of LP.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

The Steak Justice posted:

Facecam done with a helmet-mounted GoPro.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
All right, so who wants to get together to post up some videos of Super Mario World romhacks?

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

ReturnOfFable posted:

All right, so who wants to get together to post up some videos of Super Mario World romhacks?

I'm just here to be on the ground floor for the mod challenge.

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY
That Metal Slug video is okay. No need to freak out about this.

PersonMan
Apr 3, 2009
welcome back two thousand and seven

PersonMan fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 7, 2014

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.
I'm sorry, everyone. My apology is Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I guess this is as 2007 as it can get?

By the way people, stop freaking out about this thread. Just don't read it or watch it if you hate the premise so much. There's an entire thread devoted to this on the forums.

Psychedelic Eyeball fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 7, 2014

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!
The amount of people in this thread who just don't get it is staggering.

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

By the way people, stop freaking out about this thread. Just don't read it or watch it if you hate the premise so much. There's an entire thread devoted to this on the forums.

I like how you told me you did this video to mock the concept of the thread but then your post says the opposite. Way to be consistent.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ragny posted:

I like how you told me you did this video to mock the concept of the thread but then your post says the opposite. Way to be consistent.

It's also a thing of beauty, so if anything it proves the thread's potential.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

Stop taking LP so seriously. Who cares. You can post about this poo poo in the Blasting Zone if you want but here it's just "Don't Give a gently caress Zone".

Let's all just chill out and make some low-effort videos and just do whatevs.

Well I'm just saying, you could just post these LPs on the forums without this thread existing. But eh, :shrug: I guess people don't want to actually post a thread without putting a massive amount of effort in.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

I'm loving this. Keep up the (not so) good work, Psych.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People getting really mad and :spergin: about a thread existing. This is modern LP culture.

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.

Ragny posted:

It's just so, like, meta, man. Like, ironically ironic. Y'know? Like, so many layers of irony deep that even truth doesn't really mean anything any more. So just, y'know, let it all go, maaaan. *smoke ring*

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

BEYBLADE

I made a video about the only thing dumber than the backlash this thread has received.

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME
The Great Cave Burpo

I did a video in the style of the old challenge LPs that always ended up being unrelated to the game entirely (such as Oyster spinning in his chair while playing megaman).
Thread participation is great when it happens on the forums and those videos seemed to really exemplify that.

Also burps are funny I don't care what you say.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Amppelix posted:

Well I'm just saying, you could just post these LPs on the forums without this thread existing. But eh, :shrug: I guess people don't want to actually post a thread without putting a massive amount of effort in.

Given the fact that this thread has already gotten a fair bit of backlash, I don't think making an LP without this thread in the same format will work. If this thread has already gotten a lot of hate for being low-effort, then all the LPs in here would probably get the same criticism.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Broenheim posted:

Given the fact that this thread has already gotten a fair bit of backlash, I don't think making an LP without this thread in the same format will work. If this thread has already gotten a lot of hate for being low-effort, then all the LPs in here would probably get the same criticism.

oh my god take this discussion to the loving blasting zone.

Mr DJB posted:

BEYBLADE

I made a video about the only thing dumber than the backlash this thread has received.

I was so dissapointed seeing the show and buying a beyblade and it just fell the gently caress down when I spun it. Anime lied, people cried.

GrandpaAhab
Sep 15, 2011

Oh no, not again.
Yes! I've been wanting another thread like this. Brings me back to watching LPs in high school. All I'm waiting for is a poorly organized tournament to start up and never truly finish because people didn't record matches or someone didn't show up to the time slot.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

TieTuesday posted:

The Great Cave Burpo

I did a video in the style of the old challenge LPs that always ended up being unrelated to the game entirely (such as Oyster spinning in his chair while playing megaman).
Thread participation is great when it happens on the forums and those videos seemed to really exemplify that.

Also burps are funny I don't care what you say.

I know you felt awful after this was done, but by god that last boss I kept hoping you'd gently caress up so you had to drink more.

Your suffering is my entertainment. Thank you for this.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

So is this just the Hitmontop minigame from Pokémon Stadium 2 stretched into a full game?

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
Nah, that Hitmontop game was fun.

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.

I forgot how short this game was if you just Fu-Manchu it through everything and skip the castle. You sound so defeated by the end, it's great.

I might see if I can do something here.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

FutureFriend posted:

I was so dissapointed seeing the show and buying a beyblade and it just fell the gently caress down when I spun it. Anime lied, people cried.

Worst part was they would break after a few weeks of spinning. RIP my Metal Draciel :qq:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr DJB posted:

BEYBLADE

Pogs for life.

Did anyone ever make a game about pogs? I need to go find my pogs now...

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Personman's vid is amazing, I recommend you watch it in 720p.

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Who wants an "informative" Splatterhouse LP? I do! I do!

Splatterhouse, stage 1 & 2

Stay tuned for more of... whatever this is I'm perpetrating.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

A lot of people are doing proper LPs this way, not putting a lot of effort into your videos doesn't need it's own thread, there's Youtube for that.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Holidae posted:

The amount of people in this thread who just don't get it is staggering.
I require all my LPs to be high-budget professional productions.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Lol at all you getting mad. Here's a thought, how about realizing that this thread probably won't have full Lps, but silly one-shot videos that we can maybe laugh about? I welcome that. If I find something in my games pile, I'll join.

Good job getting owned by a dreidel nerd

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

DecayDJK posted:

Who wants an "informative" Splatterhouse LP? I do! I do!

Splatterhouse, stage 1 & 2

Stay tuned for more of... whatever this is I'm perpetrating.

This could be the only game I know about for the Turbografix-16. For a split second, I thought you were going to be playing the (apparently terrible) 2010 remake. If it's not too difficult, try to throw that one in this... series?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Here's my audio, guys

(please ignore, other people in this thread)

Best Friend Skull
Nov 25, 2013

by XyloJW

UZworm posted:

Here's my audio, guys

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

thevoiceofdog posted:

STOP SPOILING THE VIDEO YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING LIZZIE

GUuuUUuyyZzzz StOP FIiiiIIghtiiiIIng, I CaaaAAn't HAaandlllLLEe this PReeEEesSUureE...

Best Friend Skull fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 8, 2014

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

UZworm posted:

Here's my audio, guys

(please ignore, other people in this thread)

STOP SPOILING THE VIDEO YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING LIZZIE

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

What is Legend of Grimrock

Legend of Grimrock is a grid based first person dungeon crawler, a throwback to games like Eye of the Beholder. It, more often than not, manages to revitalize a largely archaic gameplay style with more modern design sensibilities.

The gameplay is focused around combat and puzzle solving, and while the puzzles are, with a few exceptions, thoughtfully designed; the combat suffers a bit. Combat manages to be engaging but ultimately falls into repetition as you learn the one strategy that works one nearly every enemy.

The Story

Unlike many RPGs, the story takes a backseat to the more immediate tasks of exploration and survival. You control a group of four prisoners who are shackled together and thrown into the top of Mount Grimrock, a massive mountain that contains a twisting dungeon that snakes it's way down to the base of the mountain. If they can escape the dungeon, their crimes will be absolved.

Level 1: Into the Dark

Level 2: The Old Tunnels

Level 3: Pillars of Light

Level 4: The Archives

Level 5: Hallways

Level 6: Trapped

Level 7: Ancient Chambers

Level 8: The Vault

Level 9: Goromorg Temple I

Level 10: Goromorg Temple II

Level 11: The Prison

Bonus Stuff

UZWorm Plays the Accordion

Iron Chitlin fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

Iron Chitlin posted:

This is what I'm bringing to the table

Legend of Grimrock: Into the Dark

I've been meaning to play this one for a while. I don't think I've ever played an RPG in the first-person-crawl-down-hallways format. Though, I think scary monsters popping around a corner would freak me out a little bit too much.

I like how many people you've pulled in on this one. Are you sharing your screen with Skype, Google Hangouts, or something similar? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this, as I've discussed on the Sandcastle.

• Locked thread