Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goggle Fox
Jul 9, 2011

Dectilon posted:

Rocket Knight Adventures

It's time for possums with jetpacks!

"I forgot about his hanging upside down expression!" How could you?

But yeah you're really good at this game. Good show, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
You can't get more casual than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr47CEvIhiI

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:

That's it.

You win the thread. It's all over now. No point to continue. Pack it up folks.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The Thread was destroyed,
but hey, what can you do?

This isn't funny.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I know you want to be Chip real bad man but this isn't the right way to go about it. :smith:

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I love 2007 so I decided to make my own casual LP for this thread!! I hope you guys like it I worked hard on it so please no haters I figure we're all real LP enthusiasts here and won't pile on a guy just for playing something obscure and a little different. :)

Let's Play Chester Field: Episode 1.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

bathroomrage posted:

I love 2007 so I decided to make my own casual LP for this thread!! I hope you guys like it I worked hard on it so please no haters I figure we're all real LP enthusiasts here and won't pile on a guy just for playing something obscure and a little different. :)

Let's Play Chester Field: Episode 1.
The most important question is: when are you finally beating Volt Catfish?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

The most important question is: when are you finally beating Volt Catfish?

This took me too many tries, I'm really bad at Mega Man. :smith:

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:

Yeah, Ritch. This is serious.

How dare you make a dumb joke video in a thread about dumb joke videos.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The Thread was destroyed,
but hey, what can you do?
Where was the joke in the video? I didn't see one.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

bathroomrage posted:

This took me too many tries, I'm really bad at Mega Man. :smith:
I am so proud of you. You have come a long way since 2007. :unsmith:

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
I'm assuming 2008 is pretty close to 2007 so I'm bringing you a game from that year.

Collapse: Episode 1 - Ruined Burb

Chobayt
Oct 9, 2012

Chobayt fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 9, 2014

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Chobayt posted:

Lots of people think Ritch sounds like Chip. That's the surface level joke. Under that you have the fact that people remember 2007-style LP's as being sort of low quality, where something like "Camcorder footage of two guys talking about something unrelated to the game over them playing a bad game" happened a lot, but it still happens today. That was the sort of meta-joke, as I took it. That, even though "the state of LP" or whatever has evolved to be super serious and a lot of people feel very strongly that LPs where two dudes just have fun while making a video of them playing a game don't have merit, it still boils down to making a video about playing videogames. It's not something super serious, it's fun.

I could very well be mis-interpreting Ritch's video, but that's what I got from it. Regardless, I thought it was worth a laugh.
Edit: Hopefully this doesn't count as arguing about LPs, if it does let me know and I'll get rid of it.

Is this from your dissertation?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa- World 1

It's a fun, relaxing game about a baby and his attempts to slaughter everything that isn't like him.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh come on, if you don't get the joke here you aren't a real LP watcher as far as I'm concerned. :colbert:

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

I'm starting to think we would be better off staying in prison.

Level 2

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Niggurath posted:

Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa- World 1

It's a fun, relaxing game about a baby and his attempts to slaughter everything that isn't like him.

Call him Pig Champion.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

:siren: Let's Play Dragon Warrior Monsters - Part 2 :siren:

Let's go and finally collect some monsters with delicious meat through the Travelers' Gates of Villager & Talisman!

This may or may not have been recorded in the same session as that last Grimrock video. Featuring Iron Chitlin, Smite, FutureFriend and BestFriendSkull.

UZworm fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 20, 2014

Mazo Panku
Nov 30, 2013

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
So we went from 2007 LPs to camcorder LPs, nice. I'm loving all the crazy in this thread so far, though I think we need to complete the cycle and start RPing the LPs.

PS: Dear Mr. UZWorm, I've been enjoying your run through Monsters so far. I used to love playing it back when Game Boy emulation still blew my mind. Since it's sort of in the Pokeymans vein, did it have any sort of multiplayer mode? For some reason I can't quite remember. (PPS: If you actually get Richard Gamingo to guest in your LP you'll probably win a prize [PPPS: The prize is my eternal affection])

Mazo Panku fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 20, 2014

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Mazo Panku posted:

PS: Dear Mr. UZWorm, I've been enjoying your run through Monsters so far. I used to love playing it back when Game Boy emulation still blew my mind. Since it's sort of in the Pokeymans vein, did it have any sort of multiplayer mode? For some reason I can't quite remember. (PPS: If you actually get Richard Gamingo to guest in your LP you'll probably win a prize [PPPS: The prize is my eternal affection])

It did have link-cable capabilities! You were able to fight your friends and also breed your monsters with friends' monsters, provided that they had compatible personalities. (Which was weird, because in-game there is no such issue and you can breed literally any monsters you want.)

Also, unfortunately, you'll probably have to settle for Chitlin pretending to be Gamingo.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.

2nd part of Mario 64 in which I have created a monster

Super Mario 64: Part 2

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Not checking your audio levels and encoding in xvid is pretty 2007 right?

Watch me stumble around in Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time for about half an hour

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

There are an absurd amount of spiders in this video, you have been warned.

Level 3

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I firmly maintain that Phoebe isn't getting old and should be voiced forevermore.
edit: Also this particular LP is by and large the best thing to come out of this thread and has me laughing out loud for most of the video. Grimrock on, guys.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 20, 2014

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Iron Chitlin posted:

Level 3

The accordion was supposed to be the trainwrecky part of it, but then you didn't get the goddamn shield!

UZworm fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 20, 2014

Best Friend Skull
Nov 25, 2013

by XyloJW

UZworm posted:

The accordion was supposed to be the trainwrecky part of it, but then you didn't get the goddamn shield!

I think the whole LP can be summed up with "Dammit Chitlin you've ruined everything." Said in the Grimsect voice, with accordion in the background and the "AAAHHH" death yelp at the end.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Goddamn, you guys were really on the ball in the last two videos. That was fantastic.

Well, on the ball commentary-wise at least.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

:siren: NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 3 UPDATE :siren:

We're now at World 3... but what the hell happened to the game? I don't really remember that world as well anymore it seems...

World 3 - Water Land?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

We're now at World 3... but what the hell happened to the game? I don't really remember that world as well anymore it seems...

World 3 - Water Land?

Oh jeez, what did you do :stare:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

World 3 - Water Land?

:stonk:

That was... unexpected

Happy easter everyone?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hear its cry

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Iron Chitlin posted:

Level 3

Oh wow that was just what I need after an Easter shift at a restaurant. I feel so much better now.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

UZworm posted:

Dragon Warrior Monsters LP

Well, you have my attention. I love the first two DWM games to bits, I can't wait to see more of this!

azren
Feb 14, 2011

World 3 - Water Land?

Okay, who's writing the creepypasta for this?

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
It's a g-g-g-ghost! Shhhhh!!

Kaizo Mario 3 - Level 4

Not so bad. Glad I've got the real pro's videos to check out first.

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

World 3 - Water Land?

Are you sure this is canon? There was actually relatively little burning fart-blood in Mario 3, according to Wikipedia.

Capt. J. Linebeck
Dec 28, 2012

chocolatekake posted:

It's a g-g-g-ghost! Shhhhh!!

Kaizo Mario 3 - Level 4

Not so bad. Glad I've got the real pro's videos to check out first.

Thanks!

Also, your whispering makes for great atmosphere in the video.

Capt. J. Linebeck fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 21, 2014

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

DecayDJK posted:

Are you sure this is canon? There was actually relatively little burning fart-blood in Mario 3, according to Wikipedia.
Wikipedia isn't always the most accurate source of information! It's easy to edit out important tidbits of information from articles, of course.

Okay, the blood is no more and we're now playing World 3 of Super Mario Bros 3! It's Water Land and this is the first world that is pretty big! There's lots to do over here.

World 3 - Water Land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
Thanks for giving me an excuse to let's play this: Let's Play Star Fox 64!

Episode 1 - The Blue Path Part 1

• Locked thread