Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Ask any neurotypical person you work with/live with/date what rpg they loved and they always say chrono trigger. If you bring up the SNES everyone just talks about chrono trigger.

yet these guys never experienced baulders gate?? talk about living a lovely shallow turd life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Ragg posted:

Chrono Trigger is a hell of a lot better than the D&D shitfest Baldur's Gay.

No, reasons whyyyyy-
1. no char creation
2. Multiple endings are nice and all, but only one is good and the rest are jokes in Chrono trigger
3. did not have ,multiple sequels and the only successor after it was some baby's first jrpg fag fest
3. baulders had different romace/party option. Chrono you get a child wearing sweat pants and the only optional part men is Magnus
4. graphics range from dumb to lame.
5. baulders had an interesting villian you hunt down that has an amazing back story. Chrono you fight a space hedgehog.
6. I could go on, but you got mega hosed

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Endorph posted:

i love bioware writing - big duck equals goose

Say that to my face!! *holds up a copy of plainscape next to face*

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Meat Recital posted:

there have been some bad posters making GBS threads up the local forums. please help us hero-san.

1. angelic yes
2. comically evil no
3. whats in it for me

4 (Charisma/Intellect 18) - have you thought about killing your self?

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Sorry, that was rude, but I will defend the great if not greatest RPG experiences of all Time!

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
oh poo poo booted up baulders gate look at this poo poo my barbarian is kicking some bandit rear end gently caress yeah

vs

oh look im continue my game in chono trigger what adventure awaits me...

ughhhhh

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Dyz posted:

Chrono Trigger is good for a JRPG because I don't have to spend half of my playtime humping the walls to find some invisible items or solving obtuse "puzzles" like "tell an NPC no three times in a row". And if I miss one of the super awesome items on the first playthrough I can just play through the game again if I'm feeling OCD enough.

yeah jrpgs are way too hardcore to figure out durrrr gently caress do I use the fire sword on the fire boss? how do I move to one area to the next?! ugh this boss is too hard should I grind??

i'm saying if you need more simple, perhaps you should move to a game like, oh, I dunno, call of duty pleb

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

No, I'm young, verile, and have passion

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
why the gently caress is there a chronopedia lol

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
oh poo poo I dunno if I should keep attacking this boss maybe i'll check out the chronopedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

romanowski posted:

I want to read more of this literal translation, someone please point me in the right direction

https://www.fucktard.com

• Locked thread