Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«240 »
Best match of the night?
Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Triple H/Daniel Bryan
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
The Shield vs. Kane and the New Age Outlaws
Tag Team Championship Fatal Four-Way
The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
The Diva's Invitational
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
View Results
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

THE PRESHOW IS TWO HOURS LONG AND STARTS AT 5 PM EDT. HOUR ONE IS ON YOUTUBE, THE NETWORK, AND OTHER VIDEO SITES, HOUR TWO IS ONLY ON THE NETWORK AND NO, YOU’RE NOT REQUIRED TO WATCH ALL OF IT

SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS EVENT?

YES! YES! YES! What looked like a disaster of a WrestleMania card a month ago has turned into a remarkable card that has pulled together quite nicely. The top matches on the card have very good potential with the final ascension of the best wrestler, the people’s champion, being on top of the world. The Undertaker is having a WrestleMania match. And John Cena is in a really good feud! And above all, it’s WrestleMania. Of course you need to watch it, as long as the WWE Network doesn’t die a horrible and painful death (which it probably will)!

Welcome friends, to the Grandaddy of them All, the Showcase of the Immortals… WrestleMania! The thirtieth iteration of the biggest wrestling show of the year comes to you from New Orleans, Louisiana this year, and with it they bring the debut of the WWE Network, and WrestleMania comes free with it! As long as the streaming service holds up, we’ll all get to watch WrestleMania in glorious HD after years of pirating the live streams being forced to buy PPVs in standard definition. The show currently has eight official matches, with the tag team match on the (two-hour long ) preshow. These are the matches currently scheduled for the card:

THIS MATCH WILL BE ON THE WWE NETWORK PORTION OF THE PRESHOW, WHICH STARTS AT 6 PM EDT

Since winning the Tag Team Championships last month on Raw, the Usos have found several challengers to the belt already. First, the Real Americans have laid claim, already pinning the champions and beating them in singles matches. After a short tease of a breakup so the better man could get out and swing people in perpetuity, they are both on the same page coming into this match. Rybaxel was added to the match after attacking the Shield on the behest of the Authority. And the Matadores? Nobody’s really sure how they made it into the match. Unfortunately, this match does not follow in the grand tradition of WrestleMania ladder matches, and instead will be a fatal four-way tag team match to crown a single champion. Who will walk out of the first hour of the show as WWE Tag Team Champions?

There are fourteen WWE Divas in this match. Can you name them all without looking? Good luck!

The Hulkster had a dream, brother! And that dream was that one day we can all remember the eighth wonder of the world, Andre the Giant in the first annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, commemorating the fact that he was killed by Hulk Hogan only days after he got bodyslammed at WrestleMania 3. We’ll all remember Andre the Giant by having a 30-man battle royal to win the life-size Andre the Giant trophy with everyone who isn’t already in another match for their “big” WrestleMania paycheck. Brad Maddox is the odds-on favorite to win this battle royal, with unlimited potential and a low center of gravity, making him impossible to be thrown out of the ring. Andre the Giant’s son will also be in this match, fighting for the honor of his father. JTG, unfortunately, has not been announced, but we all have hope!

The Shield has been the best team in the WWE since debuting at Survivor Series 2011. They’ve beaten everybody from John Cena to the Undertaker to Daniel Bryan. Since having a bit of dissension at the beginning of 2014 with Roman Reigns becoming the clear strong link of the team, eliminating the most people in Royal Rumble history, pinning four people from a Survivor Series match, and being the only member of the Shield to beat CM Punk, Dean Ambrose was starting to get jealous. However, they’ve smoothed out their differences, uniting to fight the Wyatt Family and eventually turn on the Authority and refusing to help them. Now they’ll team up to fight three people with a combined age of over 130 years. Believe in the Shield!

All praise be to the virtues of hustle, loyalty, and respect! John Cena has been the top dog of the WWE for the last nine years, since winning the WWE Championship for the first time at WrestleMania 21. Since then, he’s won 14 world titles, spent over 1000 days as WWE Champion, and frustrated a lot of wrestling fans. Bray Wyatt has set his sights squarely on John Cena and the idea of his legacy, vowing to burn it down via any means necessary. The Wyatts cost Cena WWE Championship opportunities in two straight months first at Royal Rumble and again in the Elimination Chamber. Since then, mind games have been played between the two men, dressing up in sheep masks, kidnappings, and other assorted wrestling things. Can Bray Wyatt defeat the man who's been on top for so long? Or will John Cena preserve his legacy and add another check mark to his long illustrious WrestleMania career?

Since returning two years ago, Brock Lesnar has had a tough go in WWE. He's lost to John Cena and Triple H at big shows and despite being the most legitimately frightening man on the roster, he hasn't always been booked that way. Luckily, he's going against another man who has been booked as a killer, the Undertaker. What is there to say about the Undertaker's WrestleMania streak? 21-0 is an amazing complement of matches, beating luminaries such as A-Train, Big Show, and Giant Gonzalez. Lesnar and Undertaker squared off several weeks ago after Lesnar said that there's no man that could stand up to him and got stabbed in the hand with a pen for his troubles. Then, the Undertaker made Lesnar look foolish, appearing in an empty casket and beating the hell out of Lesnar. Lesnar got some measure of retribution this week on Raw, laying Taker out with an F5. The Undertaker is becoming old and mortal, and Lesnar wants to take advantage and be the first man to break the Streak. Will he do it? Probably not, no, but it will be a good match, and Brock will not kill the Undertaker.

Eight months ago, Daniel Bryan won the biggest match of his career, of his life when he pinned John Cena in the middle of the ring to win the WWE Championship. It was taken away by Triple H just minutes later. Seven months ago, Daniel Bryan got retribution on the man who stole his title, Randy Orton, by pinning him in the middle of the ring, albeit with a slight fast count. It was taken away by Triple H just one day later. Six months ago, Daniel Bryan prepared to do battle with Randy Orton within Hell in a Cell, and when it looked like Bryan was about to capture the title once and for all, it was taken away by Triple H and his friend. Three months ago, Daniel Bryan's opportunity was taken away to win the Royal Rumble by Triple H, and given to the returning Batista, which the crowd hated and booed mercilessly. One month ago, Daniel Bryan even got another opportunity at his uncrowned title within the Elimination Chamber, and was about to win when it was taken away from him by Triple H's crony. Fed up with this, Bryan "hijacked Raw", filled the ring with many of his adoring fans, and refused to give in until he got what he wanted: a match with Triple H, and if he won, to be inserted into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. Triple H has tried to take this away from him too, handcuffing him and beating him savagely around the ring, even threatening to drown him, in an attack that took Bryan out on a stretcher and his status for WrestleMania in doubt. Hunter also made the match stipulation that even if he won, he would be entered into the WWEWHC match himself. Break out the shovels. Bryan returned at Raw, beating up Triple H for his role in attacking him and standing tall in the last thing we see before WrestleMania. This is the story of Daniel Bryan, the best wrestler in the world, the Greatest Of All Time, fighting agaisnt the biggest and baddest people in the world who live to keep him down at every turn. Come watch his coronation.

----

LINKS FOR TONIGHT

WH2K Prediction Game. Come lose to Bard Maddox!
WrestleMania Toxx thread. Go write some fanfiction about a thing or something.
Triple H Shoveltar Pact. Bow down to the king.

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2014 around 13:53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

I am really pumped up for this show, I really hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment because it looks like a really good card.

I'm still assuming that all those people not in America are just poo poo out of luck about getting to see the 6pm-7pm pre-show on the Network, which sucks.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

I am more pumped about this wrestlemania that I have been for any ppv I can think of.

But I still voted for Shinsuke-san.

Suicide Mickey
Aug 25, 2010

OP posted:

There are fourteen WWE Divas in this match. Can you name them all without looking? Good luck!

Nope.

Already looked. Still can't name all of them.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 9, 2009

Half Dog.

Half Horse.

All Awesome.

I still can't believe this thing is going to be like 6 or 7 hours long. And then 3 hours of Raw tomorrow. God drat.

TotalHell
Feb 21, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Shield debuted at Survivor Series in 2012, not 2011.

This is going to be a loving awesome Wrestleman-ia.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

"Bob" sold it, I smoked it, That settles it.

Repostin' this from the discussion thread for this thread's title.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

~*LEGACY*~

I'm freakin' excited, yo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

qu'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons

After really feeling indifferent a couple weeks ago I admit I'm getting hyped now.

Hope it delivers.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

Mr. Intensity

all the divas in the diva invitational:

Naomi, Emma, Nikki Bella, Aksana, Eva Marie, Tamina, AJ Lee, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Natalya, Alicia Fox, Brie Bella, Layla, and Cameron.

I will take my reward now, Bard Maddox.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

They turned this card around pretty quickly. A month ago I wasn't even going to bother.

For a fairweather fan I'm actually really excited and tonight will probably decide if I get back into it like I was during the Attitude Era.

I don't have much hope, but don't gently caress this up, WWE.

Aurain
Mar 7, 2013

WM XXX has me dancing with the prospect of staying up to watch it. I'm not usually one for stopping up to watch Pay-per-views at horrible hours over here but these seems like it's going to be a belter of a card. I'm normally good with reading re-caps for them and watching replays on TV for RAW and stuff, so it making me consider buying it speaks volumes about the quality for me.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

all the divas in the diva invitational:

Naomi, Emma, Nikki Bella, Aksana, Eva Marie, Tamina, AJ Lee, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Natalya, Alicia Fox, Brie Bella, Layla, and Cameron.

I will take my reward now, Bard Maddox.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

I hope this means Macho is going in next year.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2014 around 15:08

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

WRESTLE loving MANIA

I am excited, for the show

Abu Dave
Mar 31, 2012

Praying Ruschev makes a surprise appearance in the battle royal

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

horror..horror has a face

if cesaro doesn't pull out a 30 spin giant swing we riot

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013

Can't wait for Bryan vs. Evolution. Can't wait for Wyatt-Cena. Can't wait for Lesnar to hit an F5 and climb the turnbuckle as 70,000+ fans realize all at once what he's gonna try to do.

Wrestlemania. Can't wait.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

my ice, my ass.

I will be watching this with some friends. I hope it is good.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Eat This Glob posted:

I will be watching this with some friends. I hope it is good.

At least when it comes to the main event matches, this has the potential to be one of the best Wrestlemanias of all time.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

We are gonna kick the WWE Network's rear end tonight, and I hope and pray that Wrestlemania runs smoothly via the Network, as it still seems to good to be true, even hours before showtime.

I really hope they let Bryan have his championship winning moment tonight, as the foregone conclusion to 8 months worth of story has practically been handed to the WWE with a drat bow on it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

If you're not hyped for HHH/Bryan after this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h56P-WaTzQ

I just don't know. Official video that aired on Wrestlemania Today.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I was not expecting to be this hyped a month ago. Gonna grab some sleep before the show and hopefully be up for the pre-show.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

GUTS!

Batista posted:

If you're not hyped for HHH/Bryan after this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h56P-WaTzQ

This is pretty fantastic. Was there some ROH footage in there or was that MCW?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SylvainMustach posted:

This is pretty fantastic. Was there some ROH footage in there or was that MCW?

I believe it was TWA, which I assume Shawn Michaels sold the footage to WWE a long time ago.

Suicide Mickey
Aug 25, 2010

Batista posted:

Wow, I didn't recognise him at all.

Double wow, awesome promo. Let the good times roll.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Then
Now
Forever

holy poo poo the thread tag

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Shines like Gold.

I am ready to be a maniac for wrestling.

Ron Paul Hype Man
Jun 18, 2007

It's a revolution
Brothers and sisters
There ain't a fight
And it doesn't mean
A god damn thing

It just doesn't seem right for them to have WrestleMania XXX without Val Venis.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 9, 2009

Half Dog.

Half Horse.

All Awesome.

Batista posted:

The truck monkeys are magnificent people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is gonna be a great night. Either somebody who isn't Daniel Bryan leaves with the belt and everybody gets pissed, or Bryan wins and everybody swears up and down forever that this was the plan all along and long-term storylines never doubt the E. I'm not sure which option I want to happen, because both are hilarious.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x
Jul 12, 2010

I'll go to the funny papers if I have to!

Wrangled my work hours for tomorrow so I can enjoy this live, it's going to be amazing.

Also for a Brit how long until the pre show kicks off?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Wrangled my work hours for tomorrow so I can enjoy this live, it's going to be amazing.

For everybody, about 4.5 hours from now.

Beef Waifu
Oct 22, 2010

Aha! Is this my chance?

oatgan posted:

it's the best thread tag for the occasion

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

My favorite thread tag is Stone Cold Steve Austin

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Apparently it's still uncertain if Christian will be able to compete in the Battle Royal tonight.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

2 hour pre-show from 10-12, then the actual show goes til 4.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Hail To The King

The showcase of the immortals

And the Miz

The fate of the internet rides on the fate of one Daniel Bryan Danielson, and I'm eager

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Shines like Gold.

Batista posted:

Apparently it's still uncertain if Christian will be able to compete in the Battle Royal tonight.

Oh nooooooo, not Captain Creaky Old Man Charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

This is exactly the video package I wanted to see leading up to WM, that's fantastic. Hyped as gently caress.

«240 »