Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4467641700.html

What do you guys think of this? Apparently new engine and only 8400 on chassis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I'd be worried about a Honda rebuilt by Nissan fursonally.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

blk posted:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4467641700.html

What do you guys think of this? Apparently new engine and only 8400 on chassis.

Rebuilt by Nissan? :ohdear:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SR20-DET swap, obviously.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
S2000's are not rare enough you have to deal with something like that

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
The S2000 is the best car I've ever owned. I first fell in love with it test driving a used one at an Audi dealership. I went there thinking I wanted an S4 and left knowing I wanted an S2000.

I soon after bought a 2006 Laguna Blue Pearl S2000 with 6k miles on it from a Ford dealer. Some old guy traded it in on a Bullitt Mustang. It looked brand new. I drove it home from North Carolina to Kentucky with the top down the whole way and got the worst sunburn of my life. The car turned my commute through a bunch of winding horse country roads into the highlight of my day.

In 2009, Science of Speed announced their supercharger kit and I was one of their first customers. While I was waiting for the kit to arrive, I saw a S2000 CR still sitting new on the lot at a dealer in Indianapolis. Given that it had been sitting there for a year, they were very motivated to sell. With visions of a new road track opening nearby, I ended up trading in the S2000 and buying the CR and supercharging it instead. The car's a loving rocket and a blast to drive, but the recession killed the track, and for a daily driver I really miss the light stock clutch and the soft top.

Now I live in CA and the SOS supercharger isn't CARB legal. The car's been sitting in my garage undriven for the past year. It only has 13,000 miles on it. I live near a bunch of good tracks, and I have a trailer and a truck to tow it with, but the reputable organizations running track days require a roll cage for convertibles and my heart's just not in tearing the thing apart. I've been thinking about selling it.

If I could trade it and get my non-supercharged, CA-legal '06 LBP back I think I would in a heartbeat. All the ones I've seen have been badly molested. There's my somewhat sad S2000 story. Convertibles rock. Buy them and drive them every day. gently caress hard tops.

And I realized that in the two years I owned the '06 I apparently took no pictures of it. What the hell. I have one lovely cell phone pic at the dealer the day I did the trade, and I didn't even get it fully in frame.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Sell it to me :swoon:

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

KS posted:

The S2000 is the best car I've ever owned. I first fell in love with it test driving a used one at an Audi dealership. I went there thinking I wanted an S4 and left knowing I wanted an S2000.

I soon after bought a 2006 Laguna Blue Pearl S2000 with 6k miles on it from a Ford dealer. Some old guy traded it in on a Bullitt Mustang. It looked brand new. I drove it home from North Carolina to Kentucky with the top down the whole way and got the worst sunburn of my life. The car turned my commute through a bunch of winding horse country roads into the highlight of my day.

In 2009, Science of Speed announced their supercharger kit and I was one of their first customers. While I was waiting for the kit to arrive, I saw a S2000 CR still sitting new on the lot at a dealer in Indianapolis. Given that it had been sitting there for a year, they were very motivated to sell. With visions of a new road track opening nearby, I ended up trading in the S2000 and buying the CR and supercharging it instead. The car's a loving rocket and a blast to drive, but the recession killed the track, and for a daily driver I really miss the light stock clutch and the soft top.

Now I live in CA and the SOS supercharger isn't CARB legal. The car's been sitting in my garage undriven for the past year. It only has 13,000 miles on it. I live near a bunch of good tracks, and I have a trailer and a truck to tow it with, but the reputable organizations running track days require a roll cage for convertibles and my heart's just not in tearing the thing apart. I've been thinking about selling it.

If I could trade it and get my non-supercharged, CA-legal '06 LBP back I think I would in a heartbeat. All the ones I've seen have been badly molested. There's my somewhat sad S2000 story. Convertibles rock. Buy them and drive them every day. gently caress hard tops.

And I realized that in the two years I owned the '06 I apparently took no pictures of it. What the hell. I have one lovely cell phone pic at the dealer the day I did the trade, and I didn't even get it fully in frame.

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to the extra power once you boost the S. Mine just became my daily driver again and hit 100k (last 50k under 10 psi), two days later my supercharger started making noise. I pulled it off and having it worked on now. But man, it feels sooooo slow. I can't wait to get the blower back.

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve

KS posted:

I will trade you my utterly unmolested '06 with no mechanical issues and 57k on the odo. I will do this for you, because I like you.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

KS posted:

With visions of a new road track opening nearby, I ended up trading in the S2000 and buying the CR and supercharging it instead. The car's a loving rocket and a blast to drive, but the recession killed the track, and for a daily driver I really miss the light stock clutch and the soft top.

Wait, tell me about this road course. Are they open? Their website seems to imply that they're open for business. I've never even heard of it before.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

revmoo posted:

Wait, tell me about this road course. Are they open? Their website seems to imply that they're open for business. I've never even heard of it before.

That's because it doesn't really exist. They did some work on it but it was never finished.

KS posted:

The car's a loving rocket and a blast to drive, but the recession killed the track, and for a daily driver I really miss the light stock clutch and the soft top.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...ved=0CHoQoiowCg

It's really sad because quite a bit of work was done. It seemed like they just needed that last little push (and funding for it) and it would be a cool track. I was excited for this back when I lived in Cincinnati and Mid Ohio was 3 hours away.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 22, 2014

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
That suxxx. I'd think really hard about buying the membership if they were open. I'm pretty sure living in Louisville I am the furthest away from any road courses you can be pretty much anywhere in the US.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad

dandaman posted:

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to the extra power once you boost the S. Mine just became my daily driver again and hit 100k (last 50k under 10 psi), two days later my supercharger started making noise. I pulled it off and having it worked on now. But man, it feels sooooo slow. I can't wait to get the blower back.

You're probably right and that's why I'm leaning towards selling it, but clearly the real solution is to just move out of California...

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

I will trade you my utterly unmolested '06 with no mechanical issues and 57k on the odo. I will do this for you, because I like you.

That is so generous of you! :shobon:

Larrymer posted:

It's really sad because quite a bit of work was done. It seemed like they just needed that last little push (and funding for it) and it would be a cool track. I was excited for this back when I lived in Cincinnati and Mid Ohio was 3 hours away.
The SCCA tried to buy it at a sheriff's sale and uncovered a really restrictive covenant too. Kinda shocking that the owners sunk so much money into something that limited.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Two more I'm looking at:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4529488859.html (not sure about the white and tan)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4530355154.html (I don't need a hard top but it might be nice)

blk
Dec 19, 2009
What are AP1s worth these days? There's a black one in reasonably good shape with 82k miles near me for 12 grand. I hate [keeping] black cars [looking nice] but it seems like a decent value if I could get him to 11.

Edit: N< car was advertised as having a clean title; it doesn't.

blk fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 1, 2014

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

blk posted:

What are AP1s worth these days? There's a black one in reasonably good shape with 82k miles near me for 12 grand. I hate [keeping] black cars [looking nice] but it seems like a decent value if I could get him to 11.

That seems reasonable. I paid just under 12 grand for a 2001 with 96k miles about a month ago. It wasn't in perfect condition but pretty drat good for the miles. I think 12 grand is pretty close to bluebook, if you care about that.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

plester1 posted:

That seems reasonable. I paid just under 12 grand for a 2001 with 96k miles about a month ago. It wasn't in perfect condition but pretty drat good for the miles. I think 12 grand is pretty close to bluebook, if you care about that.

Book is actually 15 :stare:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

blk posted:

Book is actually 15 :stare:

I paid like 16.2 (I forget exactly) for my 02 last March with 58k, book was 20. They are still holding value

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
AP1s are on an upswing in price for near perfect condition, I bought mine for <10k with 99kmi and they're ~13 with 130kmi right now.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Do these increase in price in the summer months (in areas which have a winter) due to a higher demand, or is there actually no difference at all?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

KS posted:

The SCCA tried to buy it at a sheriff's sale and uncovered a really restrictive covenant too. Kinda shocking that the owners sunk so much money into something that limited.

55 dB limit? I'm pretty sure farting loudly would exceed that. How utterly ridiculous.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
I can't stay away, I'm looking at a BB '03 with 75kmi for 15.2.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

KS posted:

This is what it would look like if those two did the nasty and had a kid...

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Nice. Is that an AP2 with a CR front end? Since the CR didn't come in LBP, I have to ask, did you get it painted yourself? Very cool.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

KS posted:

Nice. Is that an AP2 with a CR front end? Since the CR didn't come in LBP, I have to ask, did you get it painted yourself? Very cool.

Yea. It's an 06. Body shop painted the whole car after they fixed this...

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/4701319761.html

This is right next door to me. I know the color is rare and a hardtop is nice, but drat, that's Elise territory on pricing. I hate it when people try to pass on the cost of their stupid mods.

Edit: Turns out I've met the seller before, he works at the local Subaru dealership and has commented on my 92x. Maybe I can talk him into sanity.

blk fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 7, 2014

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Whoops, double post.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blk posted:

This is right next door to me. I know the color is rare and a hardtop is nice, but drat, that's Elise territory on pricing. I hate it when people try to pass on the cost of their stupid mods.

Edit: Turns out I've met the seller before, he works at the local Subaru dealership and has commented on my 92x. Maybe I can talk him into sanity.

He's not fooling anybody, that's obviously a miata.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Phone posted:

All of you guys are wrong.

Grand Prix White
Red interior
Black dash

(There's only like 500 of these cars, I think)

Why have stock when you can have some guy's weird wet dream? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-S2000-AP1-White-Rota-Grid-Drifts-Full-Exhaust-Red-Interior-AWESOME-/221566028084

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

blk posted:

If it gives you a better idea about the price, mine had 98,000 miles at the time of the accident and was in pristine condition. Progressive said it was worth $15k. That's in Miami.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Anyone have experience with the Science of Speed superchargers? I'm looking at a car that has their stage 2 kit.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

blk posted:

Ask him for his connection because he's high as poo poo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Too much money and he's all over the "investments" poo poo. Pass on it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1nGcI6VPk

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 279 days!)

I'm still impatiently waiting for somebody to loan him a SAAB. :(

E: poo poo, missed the topic. :v:

Have a silver AP2

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panzertape
Nov 5, 2014
If you can live with the hate you will recieve, buy it. You wont regret it, word.

• Locked thread