Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Don't listen to anyone telling you to get a Miata over an S2000. I love mine and regret nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

While we're on the topic, how bad of an idea would it be to sell my practical, low mile, great condition, APR Stage I, 2010 GTI for an S2000 while living in Wisconsin?

Everyone asks me "how can you drive that thing in the snow?". I'll tell you a secret, it's easy as piss to control. Easier than you could ever imagine. I live in Massachusetts, so while we have winter we don't necessarily have "real winter" like some of the northern states such as where you are. So while I didn't have a hard time at all using only allseasons, I would get a set of blizzaks where you live. The only thing keeping you from being able to go anywhere will be sheer volume of snow on the ground because you don't have a ton of ground clearance.

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

I went from a 1992 Buick century to a 2006 S2000 back in '09 and I am ruined when it comes to other cars. Nothing has as good a gearbox, as fun and responsive an engine, as firm a brake pedal or as driver-centric a control layout as my S2000. It does have its flaws but I still may never sell it. The only thing I can think to replace it with would be a Cayman and that's just silly.

I'd never get rid of mine to get something else, it would always be I have it and want something else in addition. Like you notice there are only certain cars now that seem "interesting" enough now, and I was already really picky to begin with. I still really want an FD for instance

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 7, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The funny thing is seats aren't too hard to come by if you need some, sets usually go for like 4-500 bucks on the forums

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

1791apparel posted:

They're not arguing functionality, they're stating that it needs to be driven like it's stolen to really get enjoyment from it.

That's not true either. That's how you get maximum enjoyment out of it, but even the most menial task or trip is enjoyable

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I don't know that a rake would cause that dent :raise: If you get that we can be Suzuka pals though!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Party Alarm posted:

The solution here is to buy a Berlina Black AP1 with higher miles :v:

e: Seriously Suzuka Blue is the worst S2000 color and I bet that thing even has the blue interior. It has the blue interior doesn't it?

This isn't true at all, how dare you

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Phone posted:

All of you guys are wrong.

Grand Prix White
Red interior
Black dash

(There's only like 500 of these cars, I think)

GPW with all black interior is better :colbert:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I would say that is a fair price on that car. Laguna blue is sexy as hell too :allears:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

LBP was my number one color choice, but only came in AP2's so alas no go

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

blk posted:

You don't like AP2's?

I've only been looking at S2ks for less than two weeks so I'm going to try and do it right - low mileage in a color I want. I imagine it will be something I'll want to keep for a long time.

The other part of me is screaming at myself to try and swipe that GPW for the time being and deal with washing my car twice a week until I find the example I want and switch them out.

Or buy a NC Miata or MR2 Spyder to scratch the droptop itch until I find the right S2K.

I do, but I like AP1's better. There is nothing wrong with them, it's just personal preference

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

blk posted:

I just heard back from him; its still for sale but he rejected the 17.5 offer I made. I'm having a hard time digesting the mileage for the price.

Do you guys think I could sell this for 18 or 19 in 5 years when I have 90k miles on it?

No, not that much

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

I wouldn't get an AP1 unless it was an '03 just to avoid the crappy plastic back window and get a proper glass one.

My 02 has a glass window :shobon: 2002 and up have glass windows, and most likely anything before that has had the top replaced by now unless it's a barn find.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Muffinpox posted:

For a sports car they're pretty cheap to run. S2000 specific parts are expensive (shocks/axles/diff/etc) but people mod their cars or write them off enough that you can find low mileage used parts pretty cheap. 4 new shocks is like $800 from a dealer, I got 4 shock/springs from a written off car with 11kmi on it for $50. They also tend to hold value pretty well due to the amount of writeoffs, I bought mine for 10k at 99kmi and kbb says it's worth about 10k at 133kmi 3 years later, although I doubt I could get much more than 8 or 8.5.

gently caress that timing chain tensioner though, I'm on my 3rd in 3 years :mad:

I need to replace mine at some point, I'm just going to spring for the beefed up ones with a lifetime warranty when I replace it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

blk posted:

Argh, he just let me know that he sold it but would've sold it to me for 18 because I work for a nonprofit.

For some reason two weeks of failed S2k searching is a lot more frustrating than 6 months of Miata looking. I'm guessing it's too late for this year.

Maybe it's a sign that I need to address my other priorities first (get out of my poo poo hole city, complete the career move I'm trying to accomplish).

Start looking on S2KI instead of dealing with CL people?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

plester1 posted:

Thanks jerks, I just bought an S2000. Now I've got the AI disease. Where do I pick up my $600 dollar exhaust?

Yay, welcome to the club :hfive: Now post pictures!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

It's an AP1 with an AP2 front end, unless someone played a cruel joke on him and it's actually an AP2 with AP1 wheels

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kids are significantly less fun than an S2000, just saying

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

S2000's are not rare enough you have to deal with something like that

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

blk posted:

Book is actually 15 :stare:

I paid like 16.2 (I forget exactly) for my 02 last March with 58k, book was 20. They are still holding value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Too much money and he's all over the "investments" poo poo. Pass on it

• Locked thread