Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
While we're on the topic, how bad of an idea would it be to sell my practical, low mile, great condition, APR Stage I, 2010 GTI for an S2000 while living in Wisconsin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Nodoze posted:

Everyone asks me "how can you drive that thing in the snow?". I'll tell you a secret, it's easy as piss to control. Easier than you could ever imagine. I live in Massachusetts, so while we have winter we don't necessarily have "real winter" like some of the northern states such as where you are. So while I didn't have a hard time at all using only allseasons, I would get a set of blizzaks where you live. The only thing keeping you from being able to go anywhere will be sheer volume of snow on the ground because you don't have a ton of ground clearance.

I went to college in Boston and drove through my share of ridiculous snow. I remember one winter I was driving my sister's old Celica with all-seasons dodging SUVs that had gotten stuck. Volume wise Boston definitely had us beat this year, although the snow removal here is godawful in comparison. You would think Madison, WI of all places would have it together for the winter but instead it's terrible.

Guess I'll stick with the GTI until I get out of here in a few years.

• Locked thread