Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

JonReremy posted:

what's wrong with buying a used S2000?

They aren't turbo Miatas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

blk posted:

Seller is holding out at 16,500. 16,250 was my ceiling since it will cost me 250 to fly down and drive back. Fixing the dent, wheel rash, and replacing the top would bring me to 19,250. Leaving it alone and driving it would put me at 16,750. What would you guys do? It's a two owner (same family) 33k mile 2005, Suzuka.

If you're going to have 19k in it, why not look for a better example to start and have a pristine one? That one has been used as a car, not as a special toy. There are enough S2000s out there, with a lot of them having "special toy" status from the start, that you'll find the right car, not just a car.

(by the way -- you weren't very subtle with my eBay trick, I didn't know the market, so I checked completed listings and... it wasn't hard to find!)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

blk posted:

Here's a pristine one I'm considering instead:

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4425970957.html

I don't have a garage right now, though, so I don't know if I could keep it that way.

Thinking of getting the blue one and driving it as is.

I would take that white one in a second over the blue one. Toss $18k at the white one and see if the owner bites.

Here's one that's 5 minutes from my house... I guess I just have cheap car options nearby...
https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4421385381.html nevermind, it's an old one.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 18, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

blk posted:

drat, just talked to the guy and he sold it for $18250 within hours of posting the ad two days ago.

Have patience, that white one was nice... and there are other nice ones out there.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

West SAAB Story posted:

I'm sure she thinks we're both twats by now. :D

How could she possibly... oh, wait...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

blk posted:

He hasn't closed the deal yet - how much of a dick move is it to call up and offer a better price?

No rules. Not a dick move on your part, it may be a dick move on his part, depending on what the agreement he has with the other guy, but if you want it, play for it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

That's a damned sharp looking car. If it's been maintained and has a damage-free (preferably original owner) history, it'd be tough to go wrong. Especially if you throw 17.5k cash at him and see if he bites.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

plester1 posted:

The previous owner gave me all the stock parts, so I don't think there's anything to fear.

Yeah, if you've got all of the stock parts, there's not much to worry about with regards to it being updated due to damage.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

You could always rebuild the engine. Someone made a project thread that you could use for reference.

Oy, that thread.

What kind of buyout would you look for, Mr. Pox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

blk posted:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4467641700.html

What do you guys think of this? Apparently new engine and only 8400 on chassis.

Rebuilt by Nissan? :ohdear:

• Locked thread