Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Thanks jerks, I just bought an S2000. Now I've got the AI disease. Where do I pick up my $600 dollar exhaust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

I'm crazy busy tonight but I'll try to snap some lovely cellphone pics. Here's a few teasers:

edit: oh god phone post, use timg tags next time

plester1 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 6, 2014

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

hey thanks everybody for talking me into it, this owns

plester1 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 6, 2014

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

blk posted:

Can I ask year/miles/how much you paid?

2001/96k/$12k

A previous owner did the front end swap, as well as coilovers and that crazy intake.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Ultimate Mango posted:

I'm sure they mostly straightened the frame after the accident. Probably cheaper to salvage an AP2 front.

No accident, its not uncommon for folks to swap to the AP2 front end because it looks better.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/275318-diy-04-front-endconversion/page__hl__ap2+front+end+conversion

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

ssjonizuka posted:

You shut your whore mouth! :colbert:

Correction: because some people can't stop loving with their cars.

I must admit, now I'm paranoid that there's something wrong with it, even though my mechanic put it up on the lift during the prepurchase inspection and gave it a clean bill of health. The previous owner gave me all the stock parts, so I don't think there's anything to fear.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Not to mention half of the S2000 ownership experience is aftermarket parts, like that bwwwaaaAAAAAPPPpp noise from the intake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

blk posted:

What are AP1s worth these days? There's a black one in reasonably good shape with 82k miles near me for 12 grand. I hate [keeping] black cars [looking nice] but it seems like a decent value if I could get him to 11.

That seems reasonable. I paid just under 12 grand for a 2001 with 96k miles about a month ago. It wasn't in perfect condition but pretty drat good for the miles. I think 12 grand is pretty close to bluebook, if you care about that.

• Locked thread