Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm a nerd, and this poo poo was funny as hell to me. Pilot sold me good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lol at the guy with a helmet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

geeves posted:

Who is goatee + muttonchop? He's familiar, but nobody on IMDB is standing out except for Zach Woods.

He was Hud in Cloverfield.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fateo McMurray posted:

Only bad thing I have to say about this show is 30 minutes isn't enough

Yeah, same. I could watch this show for hours. Dinesh is loving hilarious.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

regulargonzalez posted:

Where have I seen the lawyer guy before?

Mad Men? He's the neurotic guy that Peggy recruited, i.e., Ginsberg.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I don't even know who Dan Melcher/Jake Broder is on the show.

[edit] That's because the episodes he's in haven't even aired yet. So, uhh...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

Well that was mostly just bullshit to make Peter think they know what the gently caress they're doing. Not that vision isn't important. The biggest problem I think was letting him spreak at all and then letting him back on the board of directors.

Everything Erlich said was pretty much what Richard had in mind for Pied Piper's real world application. Richard even said something to the effect of "that's exactly what I was thinking, but clearer" after their meeting was over. Erlich may seem like the dumb/aloof type that comes off as pretentious and douchey, but I think as the season pans out, we'll find out that he's like the perfect type of guy to market all the crazy tech jargon in a way that makes it sound super exciting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

The facial acting in this episode was on another level.

Dinesh also had my favorite line of the night. "You're right. She probably wanted to gently caress a danish."

I lost my poo poo when Richard was trying relax his mouth. Holy poo poo that was hilarious.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

tbp posted:

I give the show a pass on the Carver plotline because this was the first episode where Peter Gregory was noticeably absent.

You know the actor passed away and only shot 5 episodes right? Now you can feel bad for being a dick.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

As much as I loathe Richard, the mouth relaxing scene is one of the best ones in this show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

They showed Silicon Valley at Techcrunch Disrupt and the judge clearly was not amused.

http://techcrunch.com/video/the-makers-of-hbos-silicon-valley-in-conversation-with-michael-arrington/518221623/

Holy poo poo was this whole thing awkward to watch. The host asking the questions was all passive-agressive about the show making fun of people like him, trying to poo poo all over Miller and Middleditch in the process. What a tool.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

scotty posted:

Any news about the show getting picked up for another season?

I think HBO renewing this for a second season was already confirmed.

"Release me. Release the Kraken." TJ Miller's delivery is so good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ahaha. Self parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

etalian posted:

You brought piss to a shitfight is the best season 1 line IMO

This is the truth. As elaborate and eloquent a dick joke that was in the finale, the poo poo/piss fight quote is the best written line on the show (so far).

• Locked thread