Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really enjoyed episode one, nailed the vibe of the industry so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Grindr has been extremely mainstream for maybe a year if not longer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

etalian posted:

It's pretty much why the companies provide such over the top amenities such as free lunch/shuttles/all types of snacks/full service gym since they want their employees to stay at work cranking out product and also develop a cult like admiration for the overpaid founders of the startup.

We also do it because really attractive perks may not cost the company much at all, but to a candidate might be what makes them choose us. Good developers can be a chore to find and hire, and some bite on silly stuff like expansive free beer selection or free Spotify premium.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

etalian posted:

You are not far off about Grindr being for bears.

I feel like that would be more for Stubble. (Disclaimer: I've only known of Stubble for a couple of months. )

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah apple likes to buy popular services that they can kill and massage into their own first party solutions.

poo poo didn't they even hire the jailbreak dev for his notification banners?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Keyser S0ze posted:

They apparently blew through all the local eccentricities and annoyances jokes in the pilot.

Yeah because that's easy to tell 2 episodes in.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wouldn't think a bank would have the authority or paperwork for creating a corporation in their office no?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Zero One posted:

You've mistaken "creating a business" with "filing the paperwork".

If I did I wouldn't have specifically said "or paperwork".

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's actually where it might get the most use.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Another thing that did is establish that Richard is actually capable of making good decisions if he lets go and relaxes a bit. In this case, it took him getting drunk off his rear end.

I really don't think getting black out drunk proves this at all.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I was expecting the show to make a joke about the paypal logo when Jared first drew it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah "user stories" is pretty common jargon in the product management / usability worlds.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That doesn't mean scrum's a buzzword as much as it means that company implemented it poorly.

We recently went agile and while it's buzzwordy to say that it's a real workflow and really helped organize what was a bit of a chaotic product.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah "scrum master" just sounds like the best hobo at handjobs. The system has done wonders IMO at our office however.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm American, ain't got no time for Rugby.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Holy. poo poo. These pitches. This is the best episode.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That was just beautiful.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

dude on the right is the guy who interviewed them at tech crunch NY and did not like them at all. It was posted earlier in the thread.

That's Michael Arrington, founder of techcrunch.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

withak posted:

Yeah the personal heater joke was kind of an inkblot test. The correct answer is obviously that the nerds did their homework on safety but didn't stop to think that heating people with microwaves would probably elicit an instinctive negative response from the layman.

I disagree, and think the joke "I've been testing it on these guys all winter" was to show the guy hasn't really done the homework yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah ignore my part about them making a joke about testing it for 3 months to support your pet theory.

• Locked thread