Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Doing truck things with trucks. Looked at a replacement mirror but had to pass as it was too fancy for the truck, even though the price was right. I made a list of the things I want to do and what I think it will cost, and haven't done hardly anything since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Liquid Communism posted:

Jealousy. Lowest Iowa goes is $35/year, IIRC, and it has to be drat near 20 to get that now.

Paid $175 for a 5 year tag on the Binder. It was a bit of a gamble as I wasn't sure if I'd have it that long, and I still have three years to go.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Have you inspected your cap and rotor for wear? Cleaned up with an emery board? Have you read the plugs to determine if any of them are getting fouled? It's a pretty simple system, don't just buy parts, diagnose.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
There are a couple of boxes on my truck complete with: Bottle Jack, 4-Way, various straps, various bungees, tarp, jumper cables, gloves, ice scraper and a couple of screwdrivers. Whenever I take it out on a trip though I pack my doctors bag with a set of sockets, wrenches, PB Blaster, screwdrivers, a 5/16 adjustable gear wrench for the carb, and whatever small parts I can shove in there. You know, just in case.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I've suddenly gotten an urge to get a cheap vice and bolt it to the flatbed.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

funkatron3000 posted:

Welp, the adventure begins with my first truck. 1980 Ford F250 with a 4.9L inline 6 and the 4-speed with the granny gear. It doesn't run, but we basically got it for scrap value and don't think it'll take all that much to get it going again (haha). Someone in the past put in seats out of a Lincoln in it. If you hotwire the right wires together they even adjust! I'll build some side panels for the bed out of cedar or something once we get it running.

Badass! Flatbeds are amazing.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Blaise posted:

It cranks just fine. Just no spark :(

When you're feeling down just remember, you really only have one problem which is a short somewhere. It's been the same problem the whole time. When you solve that one problem, you'll be free.

Until you find something else but really we're all at that point right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Elephanthead posted:

So front wheel hubs, 50 rock auto special or 100 timkins?

Timken. Do it right once.

• Locked thread