Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I've put about 20-some odd hours into the game and I've never beaten the boss (not even on Easy), so I look forward to how you get through the rest of the battle. I think perhaps trying to get more loot in the last sector might be something I should do more often?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I've never used cloaking a ton, though I gave it a try after Momple mentioned it was useful early in one of the videos, and got a lot further with the boss than I had previously. My main problem is always the third stage, but I won't go into details as we haven't got there yet.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Well, I came closer than before to defeating the boss on my mast run thanks to the advice in here. My teleporting Mantis strategy to take out the weapons was foiled in the last phase by the Zoltan shield though, and I didn't have the cloak or drones to stop the missiles. Oh well.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Finally, finally beat the game on Easy with a Stealth A. Managed to get a scrap recovery arm and collect a frankly obscene amount of money early on that let me get shields and a teleporter, and between the boarding and cloaking, I managed to finish phase 3 of the boss having only lost one crewmember - one of my boarding mantises killed the other in about 3 seconds with their first mind control.

Also, speaking of beams, I used a charge laser 2 and a heavy laser 1 to support a halberd beam, which, with the highest level of cloaking, gave time for everything to charge before firing. 5 shots was generally enough to strip the shields off of anything out there for the beam.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Having just finished a Lanius A playthrough, the reconstructive teleport augment is AMAZING for boarders, especially if you have a clone bay.

• Locked thread