Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I think baseball is a dumb sport.

One Outs is fantastic and I have so much more respect for baseball as a sport now, even if the stuff he pulls is a little more off the wall than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eeevil posted:

Matsutaro is a weird show so far. The plot has been pretty dumb and visually it's fairly mediocre, but somehow there hasn't been anything about it that's made me want to stop watching it. I am sad that the trend of something terrible happening to Matsutaro at the end of every episode didn't continue, though.

It might be barely animated but what's there has a lot of character, and the script is pretty bad but it's also really likable. I'm completely puzzled about why manga that ended over a decade ago with no merch potential is getting an anime, and like the rest of Toei's shows this season it feels like there's talent working on it but they're so overworked that only flashes of good stuff come through. It's a weird combination and it makes the show kind of unpredictable, and I'm so down for this ride.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I don't know if I can watch Haikyu because I despise the two main characters. One is a total rear end in a top hat (there's no "heart of gold" here, dude is a dick) and the other is incredibly whiny (not helped by the VA who takes the whiny to an even higher level).

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I posted in another thread with little reaction but Tetsuwan Girl is a good manga about post WW2 female baseball and hating americans. Its pretty good.
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tetsuwan-Girl

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Haikyu continues to be fantastic, but more importantly the music in the montage segment was amazing. The music in general is pretty good too.

MORE TENNIS SPERGIN':

HOLY. poo poo. He's not gonna be able to move tomorrow.

For comparison, 3 hours of constant practice will almost completely wear out the average player. I don't have the best stamina, so it's more like 2 in my case. I'm pretty sure 6 hours would kill me. An actual match doesn't take as much out of a player as practice, so it's common to see 3 hour long 5 set matches. If you're curious, the longest match ever played was 11 hours and 5 minutes between John Isner (USA) and Nicholas Mahut (France) at the 2010 Wimbeldon. It took place over 3 days: 3 hours on the first day and suspended due to lack of light, 7 hours on the second day and suspended due to lack of light, and another hour on the third day. The 5th set itself lasted 8 hours and 11 minutes.

If anyone was wondering, his racket isn't anything in particular. The extra crossbar in the throat (triangular hole between head and handle) is pretty rare to see though. It's not something that you see on modern rackets.

About 105 mph. Not too shabby. The average pro serves at around 120-130 for a first serve, a bit less on the second. The fastest serve to date was clocked at 163 mph by Smuel Groth (Australia) at the 2012 Busan Open, which I've never heard of.

Goodbye, Ei-chan. We knew ye well.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Just watch Major for all your sports melodrama needs, it's the best.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

ViggyNash posted:

If you're curious, the longest match ever played was 11 hours and 5 minutes between John Isner (USA) and Nicholas Mahut (France) at the 2010 Wimbeldon. It took place over 3 days: 3 hours on the first day and suspended due to lack of light, 7 hours on the second day and suspended due to lack of light, and another hour on the third day. The 5th set itself lasted 8 hours and 11 minutes.

Oh god I dont watch tennis but I watched a lot of that game, it was amazing.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

DurosKlav posted:

Oh god I dont watch tennis but I watched a lot of that game, it was amazing.

The ending was really pitiful to watch though. Both of them were on their last legs, and just getting a single point on the opponent's serve was a feat.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shakugan posted:

I don't know if I can watch Haikyu because I despise the two main characters. One is a total rear end in a top hat (there's no "heart of gold" here, dude is a dick)

It's a pretty standard cliche in any kind of sports fiction where you have the one guy who needs to learn the value of teamwork and whatever (character growth!), but you might be relieved to know most of the rear end in a top hat stuff gets dropped pretty quickly.

On a related note, I've been loving the eyecatches in each episode. Because everyone in them are total dorks.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Haikyuu doesn't really start until you get Nishinoya.

Actually the best thing about Haikyuu is all the great characters on other teams.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

jackofarcades posted:

Haikyuu doesn't really start until you get Nishinoya.

This is the goddamned truth.

I am really fond of the beginning arcs and I don't think they're bad at all but it is a case of things steadily improving as it goes on. Its not fair to say 'it gets better' as if the beginning is a slog because it's always relevant and all that, but it does get much meatier as it continues. Plus, all the added characters are genuinely great.

Also the voice acting in this show is great so that'll be a treat.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Demicol posted:

Haikyu!! seems really good, glad I decided to watch it. Reminds me why I like these "Burning Spirit" kinds of sports anime, I think I'll give Yowapeda a shot too.

Wait yowapeda is a real show and not a weird spelling of Yaoipedia? Now all those people posting about it make less sense.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Happy Scans and Hox just finished the classic Tomorrow's Joe manga.

http://happyscans.blogspot.com/2014/04/tomorrows-joe-volume-20-end.html

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Haikyuu remains wonderful after 4 episodes. :3:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Your weekly Tennis sperg post:

Nope. If you pull back that much on a serve, the racket will never meet the ball, especially against that monster serve. All you really need to do is put your racket in the way of the ball with stable footing. When the ball has that much power behind it, either from a serve or a particularly strong ground stroke, you don't need to add any to it yourself, so simply blocking the ball is a better option...

...than this. Now, this isn't wrong by any means and is in fact a good way to think of a return in general, but it takes time you might not have to put yourself in the right position. But if you have the reflexes and the speed to do so, you can hit a very dangerous return like this, especially when the ball has as much power in it as Takuma's serve.

Oh, you dick.

A slice serve is when you brush sideways on the ball when serving, thus giving it a sideways spin that causes the ball to curve out. For a right handed player, this always means curving to the left (brushing to the right) because it meshes with the standard service motion well. Attempting to slice the other way won't accomplish much, and most likely will lead to a hilarious failure.

Unless the system is different in japan, that does not mean he is the #5 ranked player on the local rankings. His #5 seed refers to his seed for the tournament, meaning he is the 5th highest ranked player playing in the tournament. He might actually be the #7 ranked player, but the #6 and #4 ranked players decided not to play in this particular tournament. It works this way in the pro leagues as well.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

ViggyNash posted:

Nope. If you pull back that much on a serve, the racket will never meet the ball, especially against that monster serve. All you really need to do is put your racket in the way of the ball with stable footing. When the ball has that much power behind it, either from a serve or a particularly strong ground stroke, you don't need to add any to it yourself, so simply blocking the ball is a better option...

...than this. Now, this isn't wrong by any means and is in fact a good way to think of a return in general, but it takes time you might not have to put yourself in the right position. But if you have the reflexes and the speed to do so, you can hit a very dangerous return like this, especially when the ball has as much power in it as Takuma's serve.

Oh, you dick.

A slice serve is when you brush sideways on the ball when serving, thus giving it a sideways spin that causes the ball to curve out. For a right handed player, this always means curving to the left (brushing to the right) because it meshes with the standard service motion well. Attempting to slice the other way won't accomplish much, and most likely will lead to a hilarious failure.

Unless the system is different in japan, that does not mean he is the #5 ranked player on the local rankings. His #5 seed refers to his seed for the tournament, meaning he is the 5th highest ranked player playing in the tournament. He might actually be the #7 ranked player, but the #6 and #4 ranked players decided not to play in this particular tournament. It works this way in the pro leagues as well.

:allears: These posts are really great and I hope you keep making them.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

darkgray posted:

Haikyuu remains wonderful after 4 episodes. :3:

I am actually surprised how much I love this show. It is definitely my favorite this season.

I'm also enjoying Baby Steps too.

ViggyNash posted:

I love these sperg posts as well, but I think this was what they said in the show. He even says, "The first seed is the best player in the tournament." At least that is how I understood it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Volleyball delinquent :allears:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
His sister is really cool too, but I guess she might not show up in the anime? For the longest time Kiyoko is the only female character

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

ViggyNash posted:

Oh, you dick.

These posts are great information and you should do more of them because Tennis Sperg is looking like a solid show this season. Believe In Yourself! :buddy:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I thought Baby Steps was my favorite new sports show, but man Haikyu had a really strong episode this week. A lot of sports anime don't really integrate teamwork into the story that well; even on team sports like baseball it's often just a pitcher vs batter thing. Or in other shows, they'll have a teamwork theme but only to the extent of "you handle your opponent and I'll handle mine and never the twain shall meet"... Yowapeda has a lot of this (though they also do cooperation sometimes). Eyeshield 21 did heavily coordinated teamwork really well, and this last episode of Haikyu did a great job of team-play as well and it was great to watch.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Volleyball is really good for this because you have a few distinct roles with responsibilities, but it's a stop/start game so you can pace the action pretty well.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

XboxPants posted:

I thought Baby Steps was my favorite new sports show, but man Haikyu had a really strong episode this week. A lot of sports anime don't really integrate teamwork into the story that well; even on team sports like baseball it's often just a pitcher vs batter thing. Or in other shows, they'll have a teamwork theme but only to the extent of "you handle your opponent and I'll handle mine and never the twain shall meet"... Yowapeda has a lot of this (though they also do cooperation sometimes). Eyeshield 21 did heavily coordinated teamwork really well, and this last episode of Haikyu did a great job of team-play as well and it was great to watch.

As much as I'm loving Baby Steps and sperging about it, Haikyu is definitely the sports show of the season with great everything, even music. I wasn't expecting to hear a soundtrack this good in a sports shounen.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Haikyu is p good. Rather standard sports show all things considered, but it's executed well.

I feel like Ping Pong is miles ahead of all the other sports stuff this season tho. Not a knock on the others, just that Ping Pong has a lot of incredibly talented people working on it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well, yea, Ping Pong is a rare breed prestige production while these are the consumable products of the anime/manga industrial complex. They're working on different levels. Although the comparison is doubly unfair in this case because Ping Pong is so loving fun in addition to being genius and unique.

Like there's definitely a place in the world for silly sports shows, but if you guys aren't watching Ping Pong in addition to this wow you're missing out.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's a bit on the older side now but Crunchyroll seems to really want me to watch The Knight in the Area (Area no Kishi). Is it actually any good or should I just keep on ignoring it like I have been?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was home sick today and watched all of Haikyu that's out & had a big grin on my face all the way through. It looks great, is pretty funny, and is just a lot of fun. I'm not a huge sports anime viewer but I did like Free, Chihayafuru is one of my favorite shows, and I'm watching Ping Pong mostly on the strength of the animation but it's pretty great on top of that. Haikyu seems to hit a lot of the notes that I like in this kind of show -- focus on teamwork, no stupid powers or over the top abilities (I'd put the shorty guy in the same category as Chihaya or Haruka in that he basically lives and breathes volleyball and that accounts for most of his ability), and hilarious faces. The 3rd-year spotter's face when he was closing the door on them at practice in the 3rd(?) episode had me rolling.

fake edit - found a gif:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Just burned through the Baby Steps manga in like three days and I enjoyed it. I'm glad they actually move the romance forward somewhat rather than just sitting on it forever.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

kidcoelacanth posted:

Just burned through the Baby Steps manga in like three days and I enjoyed it. I'm glad they actually move the romance forward somewhat rather than just sitting on it forever.

One of the best dating resolutions in manga ...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This being the first match of the show, get ready for a GIGANTIC post about tennis.

Kanzaki mentions when Ei wins the next point that he won a break, which is when you win a game off the opponent's serve. But this point, where Ei will win the game if he wins the next point, is called a break point - this specifically is called a triple break point since Ei has 3 chances to win the game before his opponent catches up - and is a very important statistic. Put simply, the number of break points you get, regardless of whether or not you win them, represents how much pressure you are putting on your opponent.

When you serve, you generally start with an advantage since you control how the point begins, so losing points on your serve will add pressure. But if you're giving an opponent a break point, it means your advantage has been completely meaningless, so it does a lot of mental damage even if your opponent doesn't win the point.

I'm rather surprised they didn't say anything about deuces, though maybe that will come up later at a critical moment for ~drama~. I supposed I'll leave that alone for now then, just in case. Unless people want to know about it right now, in which case I'll edit in an explanation.

This is the tennis version of the coin toss. It isn't always used - higher level tournaments will generally use an actual coin since spinning the racket on the ground like that will scratch the grommet (the plastic/rubber coverin around the outer edge of the racket). Here's why:

This is the buttcap for a Head/Prince/Wilson racket (all three are well-known racket manufacturers). As you can see, it's pretty easy to distinguish when it's pointing up or down. For the Wilson and Prince rackets, you might say "W"/"M" or "P"/"d" instead of "Up"/"Down". It's a handy alternative to the coint toss.

Serve and Volley is a specific style of play centered around... well, that should be obvious. Serve and Volley is an aggressively tactical offence where you begin with a tricky serve and immediately move in to take the ball early, hopefully catching your opponent off guard. A serve and volley player will generally try to win points quickly and decisively. Obviously, this only really works when you are serving, so when returning, a player whose game hinges on serve and volley tactics will be at a big disadvantage.

With the power and speed that modern players have, the serve and volley has become a rather outdated style of play. It might be used occasionally to catch an opponent off guard, but very few people use it as their primary style of play.

Is that so... well gently caress YOU JAPAN. I hate collared shirts. Vehemently.

This is not a rule in the US. T-shirts are perfectly normal attire at a tournament.
e: I forgot to mention, but the Wimbledon Open, one of the 4 prestigious Grand Slam tournaments, still has a dress code for no particular reason: "No solid mass of colouring; little or no dark or bold colours; no fluorescent colours; preference towards pastel colours...and all other items of clothing including hats, socks and shoes to be almost entirely white." (why white? :shrug:). The tournament as a whole is pretty strict and obsessive over tradition. For example, all spectators are offered strawberries and cream as the typical stand food. :shrug:

Though they're probably just being lazy and cutting down on animation, I kind of like that they did this because now I can talk about HawkEye.

HawkEye is a ball tracking system consisting of 6-7 1000fps cameras that's been implemented in a lot of high-end stadiums and is accurate to about 5mm. It is most often used in the challenge system, where a player can challenge any call made by a line-ref, or a call overturn by the umpire, and watch as HawkEye animates the exact path of the ball and showing exactly where the ball bounced. It looks like:

Look familiar?

The challenge system is pretty simple: Each player starts each set with 3 challenges. If you win a challenge, no challenges are used, but if you lose then you lose a challenge point. Run out of challenges, and you can no longer challenge for that set. An extra challenge is given to each player if the set reaches a tie-breaker, or 6-6 (6 all, as it would be called) in the game count.

Normally, a player would take a serve from a couple feet behind the base line (the line at the back of the court). But here we see the #5 seed standing several feet inside the line. This is perfectly valid, and in fact you could stand right next to the service line if you really wanted to. And with Ei serving like a little girl it's not like he's gonna get hurt if the ball hit him.

Normally I would call him a hipster for bringing such a big bag as a beginner player, but this being Ei - who carries 10 pounds of notes everywhere - it's a different story. A beginner player isn't going to need anything but a racket, some water, a towel, and maybe a small snack. There's no need for that big a bag. But at the higher levels, it's pretty much standard to bring a couple rackets, a couple bottles of water (or one giant bottle), a couple towels, and maybe even a change of shirt or two, so a big bag would be pretty useful. The pros normally bring a bunch of rackets, some strung at slightly different tensions in case they need to tweak their style on the fly.

This is actually very important, because at the professional level it would be neigh impossible to hit most balls without doing this. At higher levels, tennis can sometimes become a game of chicken. You have to guess where the opponent is going to hit the ball next and make a move early, but if you move too early then you'll give yourself away and the opponent might change their shot. But if you move too late, you might not make it in time.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 4, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ViggyNash posted:

This being the first match of the show, get ready for a GIGANTIC post about tennis.

Kanzaki mentions when Ei wins the next point that he won a break, which is when you win a game off the opponent's serve. But this point, where Ei will win the game if he wins the next point, is called a break point - this specifically is called a triple break point since Ei has 3 chances to win the game before his opponent catches up - and is a very important statistic. Put simply, the number of break points you get, regardless of whether or not you win them, represents how much pressure you are putting on your opponent.

When you serve, you generally start with an advantage since you control how the point begins, so losing points on your serve will add pressure. But if you're giving an opponent a break point, it means your advantage has been completely meaningless, so it does a lot of mental damage even if your opponent doesn't win the point.

I'm rather surprised they didn't say anything about deuces, though maybe that will come up later at a critical moment for ~drama~. I supposed I'll leave that alone for now then, just in case. Unless people want to know about it right now, in which case I'll edit in an explanation.

This is the tennis version of the coin toss. It isn't always used - higher level tournaments will generally use an actual coin since spinning the racket on the ground like that will scratch the grommet (the plastic/rubber coverin around the outer edge of the racket). Here's why:

This is the buttcap for a Head/Prince/Wilson racket (all three are well-known racket manufacturers). As you can see, it's pretty easy to distinguish when it's pointing up or down. For the Wilson and Prince rackets, you might say "W"/"M" or "P"/"d" instead of "Up"/"Down". It's a handy alternative to the coint toss.

Serve and Volley is a specific style of play centered around... well, that should be obvious. Serve and Volley is an aggressively tactical offence where you begin with a tricky serve and immediately move in to take the ball early, hopefully catching your opponent off guard. A serve and volley player will generally try to win points quickly and decisively. Obviously, this only really works when you are serving, so when returning, a player whose game hinges on serve and volley tactics will be at a big disadvantage.

With the power and speed that modern players have, the serve and volley has become a rather outdated style of play. It might be used occasionally to catch an opponent off guard, but very few people use it as their primary style of play.

Is that so... well gently caress YOU JAPAN. I hate collared shirts. Vehemently.

This is not a rule in the US. T-shirts are perfectly normal attire at a tournament.
e: I forgot to mention, but the Wimbledon Open, one of the 4 prestigious Grand Slam tournaments, still has a dress code for no particular reason: "No solid mass of colouring; little or no dark or bold colours; no fluorescent colours; preference towards pastel colours...and all other items of clothing including hats, socks and shoes to be almost entirely white." (why white? :shrug:). The tournament as a whole is pretty strict and obsessive over tradition. For example, all spectators are offered strawberries and cream as the typical stand food. :shrug:

Though they're probably just being lazy and cutting down on animation, I kind of like that they did this because now I can talk about HawkEye.

HawkEye is a ball tracking system consisting of 6-7 1000fps cameras that's been implemented in a lot of high-end stadiums and is accurate to about 5mm. It is most often used in the challenge system, where a player can challenge any call made by a line-ref, or a call overturn by the umpire, and watch as HawkEye animates the exact path of the ball and showing exactly where the ball bounced. It looks like:

Look familiar?

The challenge system is pretty simple: Each player starts each set with 3 challenges. If you win a challenge, no challenges are used, but if you lose then you lose a challenge point. Run out of challenges, and you can no longer challenge for that set. An extra challenge is given to each player if the set reaches a tie-breaker, or 6-6 (6 all, as it would be called) in the game count.

Normally, a player would take a serve from a couple feet behind the base line (the line at the back of the court). But here we see the #5 seed standing several feet inside the line. This is perfectly valid, and in fact you could stand right next to the service line if you really wanted to. And with Ei serving like a little girl it's not like he's gonna get hurt if the ball hit him.

Normally I would call him a hipster for bringing such a big bag as a beginner player, but this being Ei - who carries 10 pounds of notes everywhere - it's a different story. A beginner player isn't going to need anything but a racket, some water, a towel, and maybe a small snack. There's no need for that big a bag. But at the higher levels, it's pretty much standard to bring a couple rackets, a couple bottles of water (or one giant bottle), a couple towels, and maybe even a change of shirt or two, so a big bag would be pretty useful. The pros normally bring a bunch of rackets, some strung at slightly different tensions in case they need to tweak their style on the fly.

This is actually very important, because at the professional level it would be neigh impossible to hit most balls without doing this. At higher levels, tennis can sometimes become a game of chicken. You have to guess where the opponent is going to hit the ball next and make a move early, but if you move too early then you'll give yourself away and the opponent might change their shot. But if you move too late, you might not make it in time.

I love these posts, thanks for doing them!

I really wish Baby Steps was getting a better adaptation than it is. I've binged through the manga in the last couple of weeks and it's really, really good stuff. But the sub-par animation and general low production values of the anime really bring it down. :(

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It isn't the worst, but the animation could be a lot better. Still, it's a decent enough show to enjoy.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

It isn't the worst, but the animation could be a lot better. Still, it's a decent enough show to enjoy.

I heard it's only going to be 24 episodes? I raced through the manga after hearing that, because they'll absolutely botch the whole thing if they try to condense the show.

I like the series though, especially since the only other tennis anime I've ever watched is Prince of Tennis (*shudder), where the mangaka seems to have no idea about how tennis is actually played (no one ever faults on a serve, or makes unforced errors, beating a player is definitive proof that they are better rather than sometimes just getting lucky or playing better on the day as happens constantly in actual tennis etc).

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

I'd guess the first season will end sometime around the flashforward show at the beginning of episode 1.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Shakugan posted:

I heard it's only going to be 24 episodes? I raced through the manga after hearing that, because they'll absolutely botch the whole thing if they try to condense the show.

I like the series though, especially since the only other tennis anime I've ever watched is Prince of Tennis (*shudder), where the mangaka seems to have no idea about how tennis is actually played (no one ever faults on a serve, or makes unforced errors, beating a player is definitive proof that they are better rather than sometimes just getting lucky or playing better on the day as happens constantly in actual tennis etc).

My favorite match in Prince of Tennis was the one were one of the doubles players was losing a singles match and was like "well I guess I'll just clone myself then"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The best part in Prince of Tennis was the guy who plays tennis at you so well you go blind and deaf.

PoT makes a lot more sense if you imagine everyone actually has Jojo's-esque tennis stands.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

The best part in Prince of Tennis was the guy who plays tennis at you so well you go blind and deaf.

PoT makes a lot more sense if you imagine everyone actually has Jojo's-esque tennis stands.

It's starting to sound more like DragonBall with tennis rather than glowing muscular bodies.

... so basically a generic as hell shounen show.

e: VV Nichijou of Tennis.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 5, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

It's starting to sound more like DragonBall with tennis rather than glowing muscular bodies.

... so basically a generic as hell shounen show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBqBCMpn4ZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think my favorite part about Haikyuu is that it looks like the standard duo of hotblooded protagonist and the cool, collected, smart, perfect guy but then you find out that they're both silly idiots.

Just blazed through the available episodes this weekend while sick and its better than I thought it would be. The manga has been fun and its good to see it get a good adaption.

• Locked thread