Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Kuroko No Basket is also between Haikyuu and Free! in the whole 'are they gay or not????' spectrum, if that kind of thing bothers you. It's the sport anime that got me to watch sport anime though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

is kuroko no basket the basketball show with all the lolis or did i just dream there was a loli basketball show? i would google "loli basketball show" but i am at work

No it's the basketball show about the midget who is really good at misdirection and the huge japanese guy raised in america guy who has mad jumps because he learned how to jump from the people in america because americans have mad jumps

edit: I also don't want loli basketball show in my search history, sorry.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

LorneReams posted:

Really, I never got anything like that out of Kuroko...in fact they all go nuts over the big boobed girl that hangs on Kuroko.

The first season has a lot of it between Kuroko and Taiga. The second season seemed to lighten up on it. All the side characters are straight as hell though.

Also between Kuroko/Taiga and the other prodigies. The most overt being the rant about how whats his face the Street Ball player going 'I was your light, and you my shadow. We were meant to be together. So why would you play with this person, who could NEVER be your light?!'

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Eeevil posted:

Is homoerotic subtext really something that puts people off watching these shows? Ookiku Furikabutte is one of my top 5 favorite sports anime, so it would be a shame if people were dissuaded from watching it just because it's super gay.

I know people who don't like it. Specifically two of my friends who refuse to watch sports anime based on the sports they themselves played in highschool. Personally, I think it's amusing and it doesn't bother me.

Also, season 2 and the end of season 1 does a lot for the whole 'only one rival on the enemy team everyone else is a blob with no personality' thing. They start introducing 2-3 rivals for the non-main characters on every team, who get personality and actual focus (and funny scenes outside of matches).

The pacing remains kinda bad. Matches continue to last multiple episodes. The final buzzer beater continues to take five minutes while everyone reacts to the three second travel time.

• Locked thread