Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dianna Sesse, AKA Dianna Kennedy, has given us the untold story of JFK in a world where there was no industrial revolution, but he was the son of Poseidon. As a result, instead of one wife, he has three (eventually four) and two husbands, one of whom looks like Cyril Figgis and the other one is an elf and also a horse.

The comic itself is fairly generic for a story about JFK fighting off George W Hitler in French, but the author--born 1965--cannot be restricted to so narrow a medium. She made a 24-minute animated film to celebrate this most gracious of earthly lords.

Here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lShmx5OcBI

You didn't watch that trailer, did you? Shame on you.

Here's a background for your cell phone:

Pick fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Enjoy an avatar:

Or make your own!

Don't worry, reviews are good!

quote:

This movie follows John F. Kennedy on a very strange journey through a Vosgian forest. It ties in with the graphic novels written by the same author set in an alternative universe where JFK is head of a state called Americania. In this animated adventure he meets a mythological creature and tries to outrun it - with sometimes hilarious twists and turns.

What I especially like about this film are the facial expressions of the characters involved. They are very convincingly life-like and I often had the feeling that I would have pulled the same face under the same circumstances. In general I feel myself very easily transported into this world where lots of things are different but the way people react and talk is very much the same as in ours.

Diana Kennedy did not offer empty promises when she mentions there would be large quantities of leaves. They are a good example of the amazing love for detail that went into this. The scenes in the forest remind me of Asterix movies, which required a lot of people a lot of time to produce. To think this movie has been drawn, inked and animated by just one person is very impressive.

The only thing I would change, if I could, would be to make the film longer. Not because I thought the story was not finished, but because I wanted to see more. I am not sure if it helps to have read the books before watching La bête des Vosges, but even without them you definitely will be able to appreciate its energy and originality.

There are even novelizations within the universe, for you expanded-universe-lovin' folks.

quote:

Imagine that the murderer of your best friend finds freedom after six years in prison only. Can you accept that?

John F. Kennedy did not .

His friend was Aldo Moro , the charismatic President of Ministers of the Roman Empire. Moro was kidnapped by the terrorist group " Squadra Rossa" . After 55 days of confinement, he died under fire from machine guns Dario Tiretto , head of the Squadra .

Pardoned by the Roman government , Tiretto now enjoys his freedom in exile in Verdun. But not for long . JFK is fiercely determined to take the law into his own hands. No matter what others think , regardless of international law. A vendetta !

Vendetta Kennedy draws us an unusual image of President JFK . Fully captured by his despair and exasperation he engages an obscure way and finally hopeless. This is a strong history in emotion, passion , reflection and even humor ... dark.

Pick fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 8, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You should also buy the mug

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
It's a nice mug

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

it commemorates his love for aldo moro

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

The Ballard of John and Aldo

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Looks pretty cool too me, I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip OP.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
surprised it took this long for pick to make a thread about jfk boning a gay elf

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Trapezium Dave posted:

The Ballard of John and Aldo

signed D. Kennedy '49

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Turncoat Mommy posted:

surprised it took this long for pick to make a thread about jfk boning a gay elf

me too :(

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Don't worry JFK isn't dead, he'll be awakened by the kiss of a charming Italian prime minister.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I made this for the terrible webcomics thread, but it belongs here. It's really stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9Og7niBXQ

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BloodWulfe posted:

I made this for the terrible webcomics thread, but it belongs here. It's really stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC9Og7niBXQ

it is beautiful, we are in debt to you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

i was gonna post this :mad:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's some serious GBS 1.4 effort posting. Good job, OP.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

That's some serious GBS 1.4 effort posting. Good job, OP.

The real hero here is Diane Kennedy :patriot:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

it's what it says on the tin dude

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

There's fanart of everything

Dec 26, 2012

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

This is the thread that America needs. :allears:

This is the thread I've been waiting for. :holy:

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

i'm not going to read that, but: nice mug

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Here you go.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
drat it feels good to be a president

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

One more.

This one kinda hurts, but in a good way.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Sometimes a president's assassination is harder on the country than the president.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I still don't get what I'm looking at

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Gross Dude posted:

Sometimes a president's assassination is harder on the country than the president.

lol if u think jfk was really the president

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

How come a comic universe where paganism is largely accepted immediately throws everyone into some kind of technology-less fantasy land? I always wondered wtf. I was raised by pagan, hippie-rear end parents and I loving adore my computers/air conditioner/refrigerator/automatic washing machine/plumbing. I'd say it was the 'industrial revolution didn't happen' thing, but it always seems to tie in with paganism.

:shrug: I just don't get it. Nature kinda sucks in large quantities.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I don't get any of this. Am I hallucinating this thread?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
AHHHHH I AM HAVING EGO DEATH

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Freakbox posted:

How come a comic universe where paganism is largely accepted immediately throws everyone into some kind of technology-less fantasy land?
They have some technology, like for example:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Curse you, Nixon! :argh:

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo
why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Someone photoshop nixon with horns or something- that seems to be what she was going for.

• Locked thread