Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

I loved this game when I was little. I had it when it first came out and of course all the weird Japanese secrets (go to this one specific spot at this specific time with no indicators to unlock x) went completely over my head. It was one of those games where I was so little I could look up stuff online and see people talking about unlocking Sonic/Mario/etc. as playable characters and poo poo.

I'm replaying it now but one thing I've completely forgotten: other than Sukamon and Numemon, are there any other monsters that require a certain amount of Super Poop Stat? I just don't want to miss out on something for actually taking my monster to the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

I distinctly recall there being a way to de-poop your digimon if it becomes a Sukamon.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Bakemon (the ghost) can also appear in a fashion similar to Numemon, but only on certain digimon. Namely Gabumon, in my experience. As for the final Filth digimon, you get it by getting both Happiness and Discipline gauges to 0. Which I have no idea how to do. You have to screw up really badly to get that one. I'm not even sure if he's as bad as Numemon or what.

It's practically impossible to get that monster without trying. Running away from battles and scolding are how you do it. Run away from a ton of battles to get discipline down (and happiness goes down at the same time) and then with discipline at 0, scold your little idiot. He'll change into the "secret" filth digimon, who will change into I Love You, Egg for its ultimate.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Sukamon's main use is cleaning up all the poop you leave around the world. I think that may be his only use other than filling up your digi-dex.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Seadramon is a beautiful monster. I don't care that I had to get betamon the pushover first, it was worth it.

Are the Dawn/Dusk games worth looking at or picking up? They seem... different.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

For what it's worth, if anyone is interested, that Digimon Re:Digitize translation thing is finished now.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

McDragon posted:

That Bakemon recruitment is just this game all over. Say the right things to this guy you can't understand and also he looks the same as all these normal encounters only he doesn't have a hat. I swear this game just reveled in being obtuse.

If you think Bakemon's recruitment parameters are bad, you're gonna be flabbergasted by some of the later digimon.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

It gets worse than "have this specific digimon out of God knows how many and talk to this guy that is almost identical to all of the other enemies, pray you guess right otherwise"? Because that's like Regirock/ice/steel levels of meaningless obtuseness.

Although, this is a poorly translated RPG version of an adventure game based on a tamagachi, so who knows what sort of backwards thinking went into bringing this monstrosity to the shelves...

Yes, there are actually worse recruitments. Some of them are as simple-but-dumbfounding as "go to this one specific screen and you have a 1/100 chance of seeing a certain digimon" and others are... well, you'll see. Bakemon might have something to do with the worst one!

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

What is "Water Blit" supposed to mean, anyway? The only meaning of the word "blit" that I know of has to do with computer graphics, which is marginally appropriate, I guess, but it doesn't seem like what they were going for.

I didn't think of it until you mentioned that "Monzaemon" is a pun on a real proper noun. :(

It's "water blit?" Oops. I always thought it was "water blt" as in "water bullet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

You should give her name or something so they can include a personalized message to freak her out.

• Locked thread