Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Glad to see that they are embracing both kinds of players. Different Final Destination skins is the best thing ever for it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Internet Kraken posted:

Only thing Chesnaught is good at is getting killed :smug:

At first I was disappointed about transformations being gone since I like to play Zelda/Shiek but this means I can finally play Samus again.

I really liked playing as both Samus and ZSS, though they really needed a way besides breaking your thumb taunting to switch from armored to unarmored, and back again. Especially since the zero laser is suicide to use because of the delay between when you can fight back.

Also wow they keep making the zero suit design worse and worse.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

No Wario or Waluigi. These are dark fuckin' times, friends.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

greatn posted:

Honestly if they add some skins, you could just flat out add the custom movesets you want to Fox and make him whoever you want. I bet you can give Mario back his tornado down b if you want, or maybe the pills if you want.

I really doubt that.

What they showed off only changed the properties of moves (Mario's fireball is bigger and slower or smaller and faster, DK's headslam gets superarmor and is slower) There's nothing yet to suggest it'll do more than that.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

How Rude posted:

Glad to see that they are embracing both kinds of players. Different Final Destination skins is the best thing ever for it. :)

I'm excited for different FD skins, because it means if there's a really awful stage with a really great aesthetic and great music, like Rumble Falls, I can still enjoy it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

What stage is this?

Also sharks for the AC Island

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think it would be better to have a Battlefield version of each stage than an FD version, or maybe a mix. And some stages could even be hardcore-ready if they kept the same terrain but switched off the hazards.

But I don't expect to use the mode much myself, so as long as tournament players like it then it serves its purpose.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

No Wario or Waluigi. These are dark fuckin' times, friends.

If you look at the last couple pages of the old thread, it looks like Nintendo accidentally leaked Wario, or at least a Wario stage.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

More new items:

Did I miss these? Where are they from?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

DrPaper posted:

What stage is this?

Also sharks for the AC Island

The top is part of the City Trial-esque Single player mode in Smash4 3DS and the bottom is gently caress yes sharks.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Captain Pissweak posted:

Why Greninja in particular?

With Charizard representing possibly the most popular of the first generation starters, and it being a fire type, having the water stater from the most recent generation to serve opposite of it works out. I guess Greninja is also the most popular of the three new starters?

Nobody picks grass.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I like the idea of For Glory but put more than Final Destination in. It actually does favour certain characters and putting maps like Battlefield in helps balance that out.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mercury Crusader posted:

With Charizard representing possibly the most popular of the first generation starters, and it being a fire type, having the water stater from the most recent generation to serve opposite of it works out. I guess Greninja is also the most popular of the three new starters?

Nobody picks grass.

Ivysaur was the best Pokemon Trainer mon. :smith:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Asuron posted:

I like the idea of For Glory but put more than Final Destination in. It actually does favour certain characters and putting maps like Battlefield in helps balance that out.

Evidently the japanese smash tournament scene pretty exclusively plays on FD, and Nintendo loves the poo poo out of Japan, so it isn't likely to happen.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kurtofan posted:

More new items:

The chain chomp assist trophy got a big smile out of me. I'm surprised it wasn't in the game sooner

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I'd have to think Final Destination hugely favors Mac because with no platforms he has no reason to ever jump, his one weakness.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Did I miss these? Where are they from?

They're from the Mario series, you silly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Macaluso posted:

The chain chomp assist trophy got a big smile out of me. I'm surprised it wasn't in the game sooner

The chain chomp was super cool, but the mother brain laser was my favorite (and I don't even play metroid games!)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

Nobody picks grass.
My very first starter when I played Blue back in the day was Bulbasaur.
And in Platinum, I used Turtwig. So there. :colbert:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm sure everything i'm about to say was said in the last thread, but I like they appear to be trying to appeal to both casual and competitive players while making sure they kind of stay in their separate worlds. A lot of the customization seems designed around supporting both communities without alienating either. Adding movesets is going to be awesome for casuals like me but would obviously suck a whole bunch for tournaments (or, I suppose, they could be used to rebalance characters, depending on how good it is).

I like a lot of the thoughts behind changing moves, separating out characters, etc. but I think we'd have to playtest it to figure out how most of it really works.

A summer release date for the 3DS version seems really ambitious though. Unless they've put a lot effort into keeping some of the returning characters under their cap, that's some serious trimming of the veterans. Hopefully they just have been!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

greatn posted:

Yeah I'd have to think Final Destination hugely favors Mac because with no platforms he has no reason to ever jump, his one weakness.

Little mac confirmed for god tier

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

greatn posted:

Then you throw in Kirby or someone else who's in the air a lot.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Wild Knight posted:

Little mac confirmed for god tier

Online Little Mac is going to be a terror, those lag-based instant KOs will drink everyone's milkshake.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

How Rude posted:

Having a variety of FD is nice but i'm pretty disappointed Battlefield-type stages aren't included in Pro-mode.

Countblanc posted:

Evidently the japanese smash tournament scene pretty exclusively plays on FD, and Nintendo loves the poo poo out of Japan, so it isn't likely to happen.

:cry:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SilverSupernova posted:

Well you can just wait for him on the ground. He can't do anything to you from up there.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SilverSupernova posted:

Counterpicking isn't really a thing in random matchmaking typically, since you rarely know who someone is going to pick before the game starts and there almost certainly won't be a rematch function for random play.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sakurai why are you playing with my loving emotions goddamnit. Waluigi had better be WLC. Waluigi Loadable Content.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Countblanc posted:

Counterpicking isn't really a thing in random matchmaking typically, since you rarely know who someone is going to pick before the game starts and there almost certainly won't be a rematch function for random play.

I'm expecting a lot of people that use projectiles and not so many Bowser-esques

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I love how Waluigi has over 50% in the poll so far.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TerminusEst13 posted:

They're from the Mario series, you silly.

I think he's wondering where the photos are from. They're from smashbros.com.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I hope the customization options are streamline-able and easy to import/export. I personally would like the stuff in pro scene but probably not because of how difficult it might be.

Otherwise, Wireframe Little Mac is the best thing ever! I really hope they go and do something like that for every character, even if it's DLC.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think he's wondering where the photos are from. They're from smashbros.com.

Where? I can find all the new reveals photos, but nothing with the items. In fact, for me Smashbros.com doesn't even have the spot for the pic of the day anymore, it's now overtaken by a bunch of custom CHALLENGER APPROACHING blocks.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Nobody picks grass.

I always picked grass until Chespin ended up evolving into the worst pokemon ever. Sceptile, however, would be a badass smash bro and they're clearly saving him until they announce the RSE remakes.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 9, 2014

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Serperior would be sick as gently caress and pretty unique too.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It's sort of disheartening that they made such a big deal out of male and female Wii Fit Trainers but there was no hint at that sort of model choice for the Villager, who something like that would be a much bigger deal for.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

How reasonable is the idea that there will be some sort of Multiple Final Smashes, similar to how you can select Ultras in Street Fighter IV?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Where? I can find all the new reveals photos, but nothing with the items. In fact, for me Smashbros.com doesn't even have the spot for the pic of the day anymore, it's now overtaken by a bunch of custom CHALLENGER APPROACHING blocks.

Yeah, same.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Just noticed this in the Greninja trailer:

Anyone have an idea at what stage this is supposed to be?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Also, probably more conveneint retrofitting, but each of the veterans revealed in the Direct match up in art-style to the 3 crates from the Pic of the Day. And then we have Pikachu, a Pokemon, chilling on top of one for the movie after the Direct which he was in standing next to Charizard in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Black Mage Knight posted:

Just noticed this in the Greninja trailer:

Anyone have an idea at what stage this is supposed to be?

X/Y Elite Four arena. Seems to cycle through the four different chambers if the other screenshots are anything to go by.

• Locked thread