Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes of the Breath

Xerxes blinks at Barkley's comment. "Um, sorry?" But then continues to breathe flame upon Arthas. He doesn't bother trying to entangle or slow her, as those seem to have no effect upon her.

Move 5 or 10 feet forward to get Arthas within range of breath weapon.
Fire Breath vs Arthas 4d6 16 Fire damage, half on a Reflex 17 save.

pre:
Xerxes
HP 31/65 
AC 19; Touch 15; FF 17
Saves 11/7/6
Speed: Fly 60' (Good)
Telepathy 60'
Immunity to sleep and paralysis
Blindsense 60 ft., darkvision 60 ft.
Low-light vision
Spell resistance 19, 
Breath Weapon DC:  17
Effect:  Endure Elements (this has also been placed on all other PCs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Ivan
Ivan takes advantage of the womans attention being focused on Dina as he rushes through the doors and slashes at her back with his claws. Rage fuels his strength, and his talons take a toll on his opponent.

Moving to I 14, get flanking with Dina and sneak attack damage here. Not sure if that crit confirmed though.
Attacks: 2#1d20+8 27 28
Crit Confirm: 1d20+8 20
Damage, plus sneak attack: 2#1d6+4 6 9 2#1d6 1 5

pre:
Ivan Oglaf     Chaotic Good
HP 21/48
AC: 16 Touch: 11 FF: 15
Fort: +9 Will: +4 Reflex: +4
BAB: +4 MAB: +7 RAB: +5

+8/+8 claw (1d6+4) +3 bite (1d8+2), +3/+3/+3 tentacle (1d4+2)

+2 vs. charm, sleep
Immune to stunning, criticals

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Temple of Mystra, Lower Temple - Day

Blades, claws and beams fly as the entire party attacks Arthas. Despite taking a solid blow that seems to slide between the seams in her armor from Barkley, as well as a claw to the arm and another chilling blast, she stays upright, even managing to get her shield up in time to mitigate the small dragon's fiery breath. Bloody and battered, she still stands and glares at the party from within the shifting shadows surrounding her.

Meanwhile, acting as ranged support, both the remaining guard and Marcon fail to hit their respective targets.

pre:
Initiative:
Dina      21  <------------
Arthas    21
Anciano   20
Marcon    11
Barkley   11
Xerxes     8
Ivan       6
Guards     5
Arthas dodges some of the flames, and is still upright. She is bloodied though. Ivan was moved up to where he could get a single attack.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Dina

With Arthas distracted by the other combatants, Dina finds it much easier to land a powerful blow.

Attack: 1d20+13 32 2d4+10 14
Possible Crit: 1d20+13 30 2d4+10 16
Confirmed crit makes 30 damage

pre:
AC 23; Touch 14; FF 22
Saves Fort +12/Ref +7/Will +10
+3 to resist bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, or trip attempts 
Darkvision 60'
Spell resistance 15
Damage reduction 5/Magic
Acid, cold, electricity resistance 10
+4 on saves vs. poison
Immune to disease, fear
Allies w/in 10' get +4 to saves vs fear
Motivate Dexterity Aura (+5 to Dex checks, Dex-based skill checks, and initiative checks to allies)
Effect:  Endure Elements, Daylight (suppressed)

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

Marcon, never one to give up, still continues his quest to rid the group of undesirable ranged foes. He shifts forward even further to get an angle on the remaining bowman and sends one more arrow down the corridor.

-Free action: 5' step to J16 (you missed my last 5'step)
-Standard action: Shoot at remaining guard. LordKoth to handle rolls please.

pre:
HP: 28/29  AC:19 (T:13, FF:16) F: +4  R: +6  W: +6
Initiative: +3  BAB: +3  AoO: +6 to hit, 1d6+2 dmg, 20/x2 crit
Misc:
+2 AC vs. ranged
Resistance item for 50 minutes (bonus applied above)

Spells: 1st 0/5, 2nd 2/4, 3rd 0/1    Healing Belt: 1/3
Bonebow: +8 to hit, 1d10+4 dmg, 20/x3 crit, 140' range, +1 to hit/dmg within 30'

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
The masked warrior continues to flank the priestess, and finds himself rather impressed with Dina's knockout blow. However, he had spent many years assassinating relatively powerful young upstart clerics and mages under the direction of the Maskarran high priest back in Westgate, so his training kicks in immediately: protocol with those talented in The Art or blessed by The Powers demanded one be absolutely sure. Narrowing his eyes, he muttered three words, and cut the woman's head off with his scythe in a single fluid motion as her body was only beginning to quiver and collapse to the ground from the force of Dina's blow: "No half measures."

He then turns and simply glares at the last remaining guard, taking a step towards him as if daring him to raise his bow.
pre:
Power attack:  -5 / +10
Full-round:    Coup vs. Arthas
               Automatic critical hit vs. unconscious creature
                - Damage:  87
Five-foot:     K-11 > K-10

Maneuvers:     Iron Heart Surge / Moment of Perfect Mind / Emerald Razor / Mountain Hammer
Active stance: Leaping dragon
pre:
Combat reference:
HP:            57 / 68
AC (base):     20 (+1 enhancement)    Fortitude:     + 8
AC (touch):    14                     Reflex:        +10
AC (flat):     16 (+1 enhancement)    Will:          - 1                        
Speed:         40' (base)             Initiative:    + 4 (base) / + 9 (with Dina)

Constant effects:
(Ex) • Uncanny dodge (Always retain dexterity bonus.)
(Su) • Innate nondetection (Any divination must defeat a DC 20 caster level check.)
(Ex) • Peerless camouflage (Move at full speed or run while hiding with no penalty.)
(Ex) • Trackless path (+10 DC vs. any attempt to be tracked.)
(Ex) • Hide in plain sight (except in daylight)
(Ex) • Resistance to cold 10
(Ex) • Darkvision 60'
(Ex) • Superior low-light vision
(Ex) • +4 vs. sleep effects and paralysis
(Ex) • Battle ardor (+3 to confirm critical hits)

Temporary effects:
(Sp) • Endure exposure (24 hours)
       - Gain endure elements (as the spell).
       - Gain immunity to the breath weapons of Xerxes.
(Sp) • Magic vestment (5 hours)
       - Armor gains a +1 enhancement bonus.

Waador fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 17, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Distracted by the many blows coming in, Arthas is unable to react in time as Dina drives her blade home through a seam in the cleric's armor and straight into her heart. Eyes widening in shock, she tries to gasp something only to collapse to the ground and bleed out seconds later. Either clueless or not caring of this fact, Barkley proceeds to whack the body hard with his scythe, not accomplishing much but separating the head from the rest of the body. Meanwhile, the rest of the party savages the remaining guard. Seemingly not caring about surviving, he makes a final assault on the distracted Barkley before being taken down by Dina. As the room quiets, the rest of the party files in, aside from their warforged member, who still seems to be lost.

Sadly for Barkley, the skin of all the serpents has been scorched into worthlessness by indiscriminate use of fiery breath weapons. The party does find a significant amount of gear on Arthas herself though.

Barkley finds himself stabbed by the final guard, taking 7 damage. Then said guard is finished off.

Treasure is as follows:
pre:
From the Guards:
2 x Longswords
2 x Longbows
30x Arrows
2 x Suits of Banded Mail

From Arthas:
1 x Heavy Mace +1
1 x Suit of Full Plate +1
1 x Heavy Steel Shield +1
1 x Cloak of Resistance +1
1 x Periapt of Wisdom +2
1 x Disc of Secrets(Holy Symbol??)
3 x Keys
As mentioned I will be gone till the 29th, but please feel free to hold a discussion on the current state of affairs and/or decide where you're going next.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 31, 2014

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He looks to the decapitated corpse, and then to Dina, and then back to the corpse, which he begins to consider might have already been dead before he cut its head off, and then back to Dina. Finally, he responds, "In my defense, I thought she might have been a vampire."

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

Marcon, not wanting to focus too closely on the decapitated corpse in their midst, focuses on the more mundane tasks of tending to the wounded and studying the equipment of the defeated foes. After a few minutes of peering carefully at the various items through his monocle, tracing invisible lines through the air, and muttering to himself, the craftsman speaks.

"Her stuff is all enchanted," he gestures at the headless corpse. "Fairly standard workings, for the most part, but this holy symbol is something strange. It's enchanted, but I've never encountered whatever technique was involved before. I think any of us could make it work, but I'd rather not experiment until we get somewhere a bit more secure."

-Heal 3 points of damage to whoever is most hurt using my last Healing Belt charge.
-Rolled a bunch of artificer knowledge checks to Identify using the Artificer's Monocle in IRC and passed them all!
LordKoth: +1 Armor, Shield, and Heavy Mace, a Cloak of Resistance +1, and a Periapt of Wisdom +2
LordKoth: holy symbol is a Disc of Secrets.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Anciano

Looking over the aftermath of the fight, and having traveled with other groups of adventurers in the past, Anciano addresses the party. "Before we 'discuss' how to deal with the former possessions of our fallen foes, I recommend we conclude our little raid of this corrupt establishment. I have a feeling we may find a few more trinkets 'ere we make our exit. For now, let us just distribute the items as need dictates. For my part, nothing so far would do much to improve my abilities, though, as the rest of you are already sufficiently armed, I think I'll lay claim to that mace, and try my luck at close-quarters combat. My gloves were much more effective when my enemies were gibberlings and kobolds, I feel I may soon need something with a bit more force behind it."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He offers a word of caution, "Rule seven of being a hero is to never use a thing you find lying on the ground. It could be cursed! Or covered in poison. Or filled with a pressurized, gelatinous ooze that seeps out if you don't hold the hilt just right. You're usually much better off just wrapping things in lead blankets and selling them to a greedy merchant and then having your own things commissioned from a trusted manufacturer." He shrugs, "I mean, you're welcome to use the mace if you want, but it's definitely not a best practice."

He wanders over towards the doorway as he speaks, strapping his scythe to his back once more, and retrieving the guisarme he dropped on the ground during the melee.

Waador fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 30, 2014

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

The Turmishman looks up at Barkley's warning, offended. "Are you doubting my skills, Mr. Barkley? I don't doubt your capacity for violence; I'll thank you not to doubt my assessment of magical goods. That," he points at the mace, "is safe. That," he points at the holy symbol, "is strange and I would urge caution in the exploration of it."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He blinks, "I don't doubt you at all, though it is possible I am misinformed. I was under the impression that detecting a magical curse on an object took an average of twenty to forty applications of identifying divinations, even for a skilled practitioner of magic. If you're confident you can get it in one shot I'd love to be educated on the superiority of your process." He adds, with a bit of thought, "Then again, I doubt I would really appreciate the complexities of the explanation. It isn't as if I am educated on the formalities of magic. I'd be willing to learn though, I think."

Waador fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 30, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Anciano

Anciano shakes his head. "The vagaries of magic can be daunting, even for those experienced in its use. Trust that an artificer is easily the most qualified person to identify items of any sort. And in any case, curses that can distinguish between one user and another are, by my knowledge, all but unheard of. Certain enchantments can harm users who do not fulfill certain moral or ethical requirements, among more esoteric restrictions, but such items can be released, their effects dispelled, at a moment's notice. And such enchantments, unlike curses, are not concealed." Anciano picked up the mace and made a few practice swings. He hadn't much experience with melee weapons, but he was well-versed enough in their use to be considered competent.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes of the Breath

Xerxes isn't particularly interested in the magic items, as weapons or tools, in large part because they don't really fit him. On the other hand he does need to start accumulating a hoard.

He flies around the others and asks, "So any of that actually useful in our quest?" He glances at what remains of Arthas and adds, "And do we think she was the one behind all this? Or is there someone else here that is going to pop out and cast spells at us?"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Anciano shrugs. "The cloak would be useful for any of us, and most of us could make good use of that periapt. The mace, really, is nothing special, I'll probably return it to the communal pool following this little caper, in favor of a more fitting armament I'll be able to acquire with my share of the spoils. The armor is of use to nobody, and I don't think anyone needs that shield, it's certainly too bulky for my tastes. Naturally, none of us should be meddling with that holy symbol until we've made good our escape. And in honesty, I doubt this temple is as far as whatever plot we're uncovering goes. This temple appeared too quickly and quietly for it to be the primary source of trouble. No, someone much more powerful than anyone in this building set things in motion. As for additional foes, well, one can never be too sure. Stay cautious."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
"I think you guys might be missing the point here." He peeks inside the doorway into the apparent bedroom to the north. "The really important part is that we get to rifle through her things." With that said he wanders into the room and begins rifling away.
pre:
Time estimate on a search check taking twenty in the northern room?  Can't tell how many squares it is.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Sighing as he sees Barkley prepare to very slowly search the bedchamber, Anciano walks into the room and, in a fraction of the time, out any hidden items with more precision than Barkley could get from hours upon hours of his own investigations. "We truly do not have all the time in the world to raid a lady's wardrobe, this isn't university. I'll find anything we may need, then we must be on our way."

(Cunning Knowledge-boosted Search check, result of 31. 33 for any secret doors/compartments.)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As Barkley turns towards the door the cleric had come out of, he finds himself looking at a very finely appointed bedroom. A huge bed dominates the east side of the room, with a large and thickly stuffed chair sitting next to an elegant table and a chest of drawers against one wall. Despite the luxurious appearance, Barkley decides to go over the room with a fine-toothed comb, starting with the door.

Anciano, finding this ridiculous, steps around the crouching skulk and strides into the room. Running his eyes over everything, he quickly opens up the drawers as well, but finds neither any traps or anything of significant worth. The bed and chair do seem extremely comfortable though.

As there is no dividing door, both Anciano and Barkley can see into the room to the west though. Clearly a study, a divan sits next to a candlelit, paper-strewn table against the opposite wall. The northern wall holds a large bookcase filled with curios, sculptures, tomes and scrolls.

The rest of the party, wandering around the hallway, feel a great chill from the giant black disc dominating the western wall.

As a reminder, this is currently the only adjoining room you have searched since coming down here. Fembrys' room and the library off the Stoneyard remain unsearched, and there are three unopened doors to your south as well as a hallway leading somewhere off the Stoneyard.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Anciano grabs an armful of scrolls, hoping that some of them may contain useful magic. "Well, there doesn't appear to be much of interest here, I suggest we leave the more complete search until after we have confirmed that all hostile entities have been dealt with, and the area secured. We'll have plenty of time before our employer returns to empty this building of all valuable or useful items. Now, let's continue, for, at the risk of being overly blunt, your greed can wait a few hours." Exiting the room, Anciano starts looking at the scrolls, tossing the nonmagical ones back into the bedroom, and attempting to identify any spell scrolls he locates, handing any he has difficulty with to Marcon for further analysis.

(Here's an array of Spellcraft checks, just use however many I need for whatever magic scrolls might be there. Some pretty good rolls early on, but if I found more than five, I'm probably not gonna be able to figure out the last few.)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Darting into the study, Anciano swipes a handful of scrolls off the bookcase before moving back towards the hallway. As he skims them moving through the bedroom, he finds to his irritation that none of them are magical. He does find himself with a better idea of how much money it costs to run a structure such as this though. Wages, supply costs, maintenance, he seems to have found a ledger!

Sadly, this doesn't actually do him much good unless he's planning on opening a temple of his own. If she does have magical scrolls, he either grabbed the wrong ones, she keeps them out of sight, or she doesn't keep them in her study.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 7, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Shrugging at the lack of magical scrolls, Anciano tucks the ledger into his pack, intending to give it a more thorough read later on. It may contain information about people who have done business with the temple, and it may be worth questioning some of them in hopes of finding a lead on whoever's truly responsible. "I've found some interesting reading material, it may lead us to whoever's behind all this. Sadly, none of the scrolls I picked up were of any immediate use. Well, no sense standing around, are we going deeper, or shall we make our way to safety until our employer returns? If any priests remain, they'll likely flee in the interim, so I'd recommend we push forward, if only to keep our new enemies from learning of our interference too soon. If they put this temple up nearly overnight, it stands to reason they can remove it just as swiftly, if warned about the temple's compromised state. This assumes, of course, that they're not already monitoring the situation through magical means. For all we know, the mastermind of this plot could be watching us as we speak."

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

"Let's check through here," says Marcon, gesturing towards the row of doors to the south. "I don't want to linger near that disc, it's rather unsettling."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Dina
Dina looked over the room briefly, searching for anything that stood out to her as paladin of Mystra. Nothing in the room catches her eye, but as she exits into the hallway she spots the ring of deep purple stone. "It is as I expected - this supposed "temple of Mystra" is in fact a cult of Shar."

Religion: 1d20+7 17 check means I identify the holy symbol of Shar.

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 7, 2014

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He responds, "I'm perfectly happy to scour the area for valuables when everything is dead, but we should do a reasonable search of every room for anyone that might be hiding, or hidden passages that might take us to more fortified areas of their lair." He thinks on the matter for a few moments, "The only way out we've seen so far seems to be the front door, but they probably have at least one separate escape route down here, somewhere. At least, I would, if I were magically building a temple."

On the news that it is a cult of Shar, he's a little surprised, "I guess that fits the bill. I'm kind of shocked by that, though. Aren't they normally long-term planner types, subtlety and secrecy and all that? Hiding in plain sight is something I can appreciate, but it isn't like the actual church of Mystra isn't prominent in this part of the world, if not specifically in this country. How long could they have really hoped to go unnoticed?" He shrugs, "Perhaps that's an indication that their motivation for doing this is shorter-term in nature, though?"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Anciano offers a more grim explanation. "Or, it could mean that they've been planning this far longer than we realize, and this is but the final phase of their plot taking form. I had a feeling it was a Sharite cult, the hints were all over the place, given her position as goddess of night, not to mention her ever-present motive for wanting to harm Mystra. Good to have some confirmation, though perhaps a little embarrassing that I didn't think to perhaps focus on the giant disc on the wall."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
"Well then, we better get moving and ensure every room in this place is locked down."

He reacts to Marcon's request, as well as Anciano's grim assessment of the situation, by kicking down the door to the south. He repeats this process until every room is cleared.
pre:
Doorknobs might be trapped, so everything gets a mountain hammer to the center of mass.
Except for any innocents, I guess.

Waador fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 14, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Deciding to not even risk the door handles being possibly being trapped, Barkley settles for a much more destructive method and rapidly destroys the doors of all three remaining closed rooms, starting with the one furthest from the giant disc.

The first room seems to likely be where the guards spend their spare time. Four bare cots line the eastern wall, with a small wooden chest beneath each.(T27)

The second seems to be a narrow storage room. Boxes, crates, and shelves lined with plates and crockery fill it, along with a barrel off to one side.(T28)

The third, and final, room is rather more interesting - and horrifying - than those three. As soon as he breaks down the door, Barkley smells a disgusting odor, and the source seems immediately clear. This is clearly a torture chamber, filled with a variety of well-used torture equipment: racks, iron maidens, stocks, and several other devices whose purpose you can't immediately identify cover the chamber. Three contain headless, rotting, and rat-gnawed bodies, shattered and broken. A pile of cast-off clothing lies in one corner.(T29)

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
"Why is this place so gross?" He sighs, "Well, let's sweep each of them with that facsimile daylight to ensure nobody is hiding in the corners, and we can continue onwards." He looks around, a little confused, "Wherever ...onward... ...is...", he trails off, looking at Anciano, "is there a hidden passage in one of these rooms, or something?"

Waador fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 14, 2014

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Marcon bel Tern

"There was another passage we didn't explore back that way," says Marcon.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Reminded of an unexplored hallway, possibly with more doors to brutalize, Barkley gleefully runs back the way they'd come. Passing the unconscious cleric and the inert form of Ishmael, he makes two rights to explore this other passage. Seeing a rusted iron door only a short ways down, he brings up his weapon and plows straight into it... only just barely catching himself from falling headfirst into the water immediately past it. From the smell and sludge on the center platform, he seems to have found the sewer. In fact, as he watches, some more sludge slides out of a hole in the ceiling and falls on the platform with a wet squelch.

The water in the pool surrounding it is very murky, but seems to be slowly flowing in through an underwater entrance in the northeast of the chamber and then out of a similar one in the southwest. There are no visible exits above the water level.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He frowns at the revelation of what lies beyond this latest door. Another gross, disgusting room, filled with unsanitary things. What was wrong with these people? Still, it warranted exploration. "Xerxes...", he calls.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes of the Breath

Xerxes flies along behind Barkley and as he nears Barkley's location he hears the man call for him. He flies in, "yes?" And looks around. A room filled with water. Hopefully Barkley wasn't hoping he would go for a swim.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
"Don't you have, like... dragon-sense?" He appears to mean blindsense. "Is there anything exciting in there?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xerxes does have Blindsense, does he sense anything under the water?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

No. Pool seems about 10' deep, and there are definitely two underwater channels, but you're not detecting anything living in the pool.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Anciano

Removing his shoes, Anciano approaches the pool. "I'll have a look, see what's down there. If possible, I'll scout out where the channels at the bottom lead." He dives in and swims to the bottom, looking through the two channels to see where they might lead. If they appear reachable without significant risk of drowning, Anciano intends to investigate, as he guesses that he's the only member of the party with much swimming skill.

(If there channels appear traversable, 22 to traverse them. That's boosted with Cunning Knowledge. If a Spot check is necessary, that is also 22.)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Diving into the absolutely filthy water without the slightest hesitation, Anciano quickly finds himself struggling to hold position. While relatively slow-moving, the current is quite strong, and he finds himself drifting southwest whenever not actively keeping position. The tainted water is also hard to see through, with him only managing to see about 40' through it, even with the aid of the Daylight spell cast upon him. Still, it's enough to see something. To the northeast, he simply sees a channel extending at least 40' back through the bedrock. If there's something accessible that way, he can't see it. To the southwest is a better case, as it only is ~30' to a place where he can see a gap in the enclosed channel.

Meanwhile, Anciano remembers some facts and realizes swimming in that water is probably not the greatest of ideas. Given the amount of filth around, the water is almost certainly polluted, and anyone swimming in it with open injuries is likely risking disease.

Get out of the water, swim through the channel, something else?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Dina

"Perhaps, before we all go diving into that foulness, we examine the icon of Shar?" Dina said disdainfully as Anciano re-emerges from the murk. She takes several prudent steps back, so that he does not drip on her. "It may conceal something of interest - she is a deity of secrets, after all."

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Barkley
He stares at Anciano with admiration, "You ...really are dedicated to exploration." He sighs at the sludge seeping into Anciano's clothing and dripping to the floor, but nods to Dina, "You're right, suffer not the unclean to live." He looks again to Anciano, "Uh, in this context, I mean, the longer an unholy artifact is allowed to stand, the more time it has to become a danger to the common man." He proceeds to strike at the holy symbol perched upon the wall, intent on smashing it into a thousand pieces.
pre:
Mountain hammer vs. the unholy symbol.

Waador fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 14, 2014

• Locked thread