Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Streetwise is stuff like knowing the right handshakes to not get you beat up, and knowing how a drug deal goes down, and maybe what beat cops tend to run. All the little things you pick up from living in the ghetto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I made changes! :neckbeard:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Mills posted:

I made changes! :neckbeard:

That looks totally perfect, and I've already got a bunch of ideas in my head for your character. I hope you don't get too offended if I don't know the day-to-day workings of investment banking.

By the way, when I played Werewolf, my character was pretty similar to yours.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Every dot in streetwise is a entire series rewatch of The Wire

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

John P. Rothschild

A banker at Advance Bank, John enjoys driving to work in his Porsche, while laughing at the hordes of people who have to travel by train or bus. When not savouring his daily ritual of a grass-fed steak with an expensive bottle of red for lunch, John trades interest rate and FX derivatives. John is a card carrying Liberal member, and he voted [1] for Elizabeth Grace in the electorate in which he resides. Controversial, as John hates all women.

Things are looking up for John, but little does he know, Advance Bank is looking to merge with St. George Bank, and who knows how that will work out for him...

Mills fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 10, 2014

Ignem
Oct 30, 2011

Awww what Xylo you big jerk why aren't I on the list :(
I was the first here :(

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Ignem posted:

Awww what Xylo you big jerk why aren't I on the list :(
I was the first here :(

Sorry, you didn't make a character. I was going to wait longer, but after 6 hours, I had like 12 great characters, with only 8 slots.

You can type up a character if you want, and when someone inevitably drops out, I'll come back and look at potential replacements.

Ignem
Oct 30, 2011

Character I was planning was a struggling academic at QUT, always fighting with the bureaucracy for research funding that they were reluctant to give.
He hasn't got much, lives in a lovely apartment in the city and has a run down bomb of a car. But doesn't particularly care, as despite the difficulties in his work, he loves it. Even if at times it leaves him reviving his old drinking problem.
Formerly a massive hippy, he's since turned away from that, looking to cynicism instead.
He doesn't have much of a life outside of work, he has a few close friends, but he moved to Brisbane as a last resort, not able to find a position anywhere else, and had to leave his social circle behind. As a result will often work late into the night, on research he thinks is far more important than whatever little else he could be doing with his time.

P.S Someone should drop out straight away.
I was at Uni/work all day and only just got home then.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
OK here is Moon Moon v.1

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33211?message=true

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

That looks good. I assume your point in linguistics is some slavic language?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah, but heck if I know which one at this point. I'll need to do some "in-depth research" on that matter or you can pick whatever works for you.

Selena played by Gina Carano.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I highly doubt I'll ever need to be more specific than "some slavic language." If I throw a bad guy in and they're speaking Czech, I'm not going to bust your balls and say you can't understand because you only speak Romanian.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33212

There's mine

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Awesome, that's a really clear concept and I know exactly what I'm going to do with your character.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33215?message=true

:boonie:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Which skill should represent the superior carrying ability of the Goose Wagon? Strength?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Character concept art.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Which skill should represent the superior carrying ability of the Goose Wagon? Strength?

your wagon is not part of your character! Strength would be how much the guy can lift, but didn't you say he was 70?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

your wagon is not part of your character! Strength would be how much the guy can lift, but didn't you say he was 70?

Yeah his strength will be low. Can I trade some initial points for an capacity bonus?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Awesome. I've got a bunch of ideas for your character.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah his strength will be low. Can I trade some initial points for an capacity bonus?

You will not need to trade for that, I have something in mind to help you there, if your character is going the way I think he is going.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Here we go:

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33205

Linguistics point is for Hindi. Overall, Raj has a high focus on mental and knowledge stuff, much less focus on social stuff. But AnimalKen is high cause he likes to watch Captain Planet and loves nature and animals. :3: Physical stats are middling cause his parents did sign him up for karate and stuff, but he's still way more of a nerd.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

You will not need to trade for that, I have something in mind to help you there, if your character is going the way I think he is going.

A timely death?

OK, thanks. I'll make the sheet for Buggy as he is. Don't forget to include Pinochet and Mr Downer as special items.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Also I'm glad someone put points in Willpower. They're basically get-out-of-jail free cards that will save your life in emergencies.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

XyloJW posted:

Also I'm glad someone put points in Willpower. They're basically get-out-of-jail free cards that will save your life in emergencies.

Boonie faced down fast bowlers and multiple tinnies in equal measure. He is the epitome of the nuggety Tasmanian.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

A timely death?

OK, thanks. I'll make the sheet for Buggy as he is. Don't forget to include Pinochet and Mr Downer as special items.

Oh believe me I won't forget about that.

Bifauxnen posted:

Here we go:

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33205

Linguistics point is for Hindi. Overall, Raj has a high focus on mental and knowledge stuff, much less focus on social stuff. But AnimalKen is high cause he likes to watch Captain Planet and loves nature and animals. :3: Physical stats are middling cause his parents did sign him up for karate and stuff, but he's still way more of a nerd.

Cool! I see you went for additional skills over Attributes. :) I see he has a point in crafts. What kind of crafts did you have in mind? Woodworking, model building, car repair?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Boonie faced down fast bowlers and multiple tinnies in equal measure. He is the epitome of the nuggety Tasmanian.

I don't know any of those words, man, but okay.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

Oh believe me I won't forget about that.

Cool! I see you went for additional skills over Attributes. :) I see he has a point in crafts. What kind of crafts did you have in mind? Woodworking, model building, car repair?

Hm, I didn't have anything specific in mind. He's just done random stuff in shop class sometimes and thought it was cool. He's the type who likes to play with Legos.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Okay, so general fix-it-ness. Got it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Am I ok to make some alterations at this stage? Also I take it you're handling our backgrounds?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

XyloJW posted:

I don't know any of those words, man, but okay.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...l-1226670111988

This is all you need to know about Boon.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Am I ok to make some alterations at this stage? Also I take it you're handling our backgrounds?

Yes to both of these things.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Basically some backgrounds reflect your human life and backstory stuff, and some reflect your werewolf stuff, so rather than have everyone load up on human stuff exclusively, I'll just handle it. Mills obviously would have maxed out the Resources background, but others may find some supernatural stuff in there.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

quote:

Buggy Swires:

65 years old - Retired.

A cantankerous drunk who blames society's ills on the rise of multiculturalism, he suffers from gout and carries an overweight, flatulent, fox terrier (also suffers from gout) called Pinochet whom he despises, but now cares for after the recent passing of his wife Millicent.

As a former dog catcher he retains a firm grasp of the law (in particular, council by laws) and a keen understanding of the canine mind.

He is handy with a tool box and was an avid driver and outdoors-man in his youth, as evidenced by his heavily modified mobility scooter and Goose Wagon (home to his beloved goose, Mr Downer)

He holds a gun license and practises regularly since even the recently elected Liberal government does not adequately assuage his fears of foreign invaders, if only there were another party that better represented his views...

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33216?message=true

e: Updated. Let me know if I've fudged the Dex skill Xylow, I want him to be a crack shot and good driver but obviously he's an old dude and can't run for poo poo.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 10, 2014

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

OK, once more with feeling:

quote:

Character: Selene Mǣnōn
A young student from a poor immigrant family, whose hippy parents strongly disprove of her keen interest in the emerging sport of mixed martial arts. She works part time as a bartender at the university guild bar, while halfheartedly studying a literature degree and living in a crappy sharehouse in an inner northern suburb. She is not politically active, but vaguely bolshie. She has a slightly estranged older brother who is a police officer.

Her family left the old country in a big hurry when Selene was a babby. Her parents don't really have any contact with extended family or the local migrant community, as a result Selene dngaf about her cultural roots, preferring to immerse herself in "Aussie" "culture". She copped a lot of poo poo in school for being vaguely foreign, and she has kind of chip on shoulder about it.

She spent some time in the Guides, but the lessons about crafts didn't really stick as much as a love of the outdoors did. Never much of a scholar, she stumbled into studying largely to appease her mother and prefers to spend time at the gym, or in the octagon whenever she can arrange a match.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33211?message=true

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33216?message=true

e: Updated. Let me know if I've fudged the Dex skill Xylow, I want him to be a crack shot and good driver but obviously he's an old dude and can't run for poo poo.

Dex is fine but I think you misspent your freebies. You have 2 extra in skills (4 points), 3 extra in knowledges (6 points), and 3 extra in willpower (3 points).

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

Dex is fine but I think you misspent your freebies. You have 2 extra in skills (4 points), 3 extra in knowledges (6 points), and 3 extra in willpower (3 points).

Oh whoops, how's that now?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

XyloJW posted:

I completely forgot about my freebies, I think? Maybe not, I copied Mills for quantities

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I was just checking the JJJ hottest 100 for 1995 to get an idea for what music a uni student might have been listening to and that was clearly a fabulous year for Australian music. No fewer than 3 TISM hits in the lineup. :allears:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/archive/archive.htm?year=1995&alltime=0

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Oh whoops, how's that now?

You get 10 freebie points to spend in addition to everything else. 5 points buys you an Attribute, 2 points buys you an ability, 1 point buys you a willpower.

You have 7/5/3 attributes, so you're fine there. For abilities, you have 15/9/8, instead of 13/9/5, which means you bought 5 abilities for 10 points, and then you have 7 willpower instead of the normal 4, which means you spent 3 there. You're 3 points over, so whether you want to take away 2 skills and get an extra willpower, or drop a willpower and a skill, or all 3 willpower is up to you.

Splode posted:

I completely forgot about my freebies, I think? Maybe not, I copied Mills for quantities

I checked everyone's math and they all worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
When I come around #99 but Alanis Morissette #39 :psyduck:

Also, #2 being the best song in hindsight still stands true. :smugdog:

• Locked thread