Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

XyloJW posted:

You get 10 freebie points to spend in addition to everything else. 5 points buys you an Attribute, 2 points buys you an ability, 1 point buys you a willpower.

You have 7/5/3 attributes, so you're fine there. For abilities, you have 15/9/8, instead of 13/9/5, which means you bought 5 abilities for 10 points, and then you have 7 willpower instead of the normal 4, which means you spent 3 there. You're 3 points over, so whether you want to take away 2 skills and get an extra willpower, or drop a willpower and a skill, or all 3 willpower is up to you.

I checked everyone's math and they all worked out.

But I only have 6 willpower? I'll just drop a skill.
e: done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

But I only have 6 willpower? I'll just drop a skill.
e: done

Ah yeah, sorry, it's really late here so I guess I miscounted. Okay, it's all cool now!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No idea what the gently caress I'm doing. http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33217?message=true

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Also I'm glad someone put points in Willpower. They're basically get-out-of-jail free cards that will save your life in emergencies.

lol just read this, I pumped it into mine because I had no idea what else to buff up.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

How's this? http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/33218?message=true

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Lol. This is going to be the dumbest game.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ITS GONNA BE GREAT.

I love how we're pretty much exclusively Liberals or Liberal Voters

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Eh, there were a lot of them around in '96.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar posted:

ITS GONNA BE GREAT.

ALF's a democrat.

Gotta keep those bastards honest!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Combatant posted:

Lol. This is going to be the dumbest game.

I can guarantee that won't be the case.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

bell jar posted:

ITS GONNA BE GREAT.

Doug votes the greens as the only thing he cares about is the environment.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

How is young Master Herdygurdy so street smart?

Btw Xylo, I'll be playing Buggy as constantly struggling to find the sweet spot of functionally drunk, wavering between crippling withdrawals and totally rat poo poo. I hope you have a game mechanic for that.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 10, 2014

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

He knows the right handshakes to get into the old boys clubs? I can change that one if it doesn't fit!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

He knows the right handshakes to get into the old boys clubs? I can change that one if it doesn't fit!

That's more what etiquette is for. Streetwise applies to the actual streets. Like handshakes to get you into crackhouses and poo poo.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Fixed

How's that?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Looks good! I'll have the actual game thread up in a while, and then I'll probably pass out.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

So will this double as the OOC/peanut gallery thread when the game thread is up?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah, and I get to abuse my admin powers to change the thread title and tag. Boom!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Corruption and rezoning land for your own benefit? I thought you said you didn't know anything about Brisbane.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

Doug votes the greens as the only thing he cares about is the environment.

gently caress. I should have rolled Dougy the pizza delivery guy from the Pizza Hut commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJtH3OxCbXI

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beetroy posted:

gently caress. I should have rolled Dougy the pizza delivery guy from the Pizza Hut commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJtH3OxCbXI

Yeah someone mentioned Up Late with Hot Dogs a while back and now I'm regretting this missed opportunity for a game of Australian E-listers.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xylo if you don't get it these people became household names.

E grade celebrity would be generous though.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

beetroy posted:

Xylo if you don't get it these people became household names.

E grade celebrity would be generous though.

Yeah, I figured it's like the "Dude you're getting a Dell" guy.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Thread is up, go buck wild http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3624071

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

Buggy Swires, you have come because while you oppose corruption, you also are suspicious of new people and things, but also because the flyer said free food and drinks. You leave the Goose Wagon and its passengers outside, and enter.

I can confirm this is all canonical for the real goose wagon man, Xylo has done his homework.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What's the general rule in post frequency etiquette or whatever. Obviously you don't just want one player running off and doing a hundred actions, especially when we have all the time in the world. Is this something you will manage xylo by just not posting actions for some players till others catch up (so to speak)?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

beetroy posted:

What's the general rule in post frequency etiquette or whatever. Obviously you don't just want one player running off and doing a hundred actions, especially when we have all the time in the world. Is this something you will manage xylo by just not posting actions for some players till others catch up (so to speak)?

Yeah that's basically what I was planning. If I start to feel someone's leaving others in the dust I'll probably just say "I'll come back to you in a bit on that." Until then feel free to do stuff at your own pace.

Generally in RPGS, time is very abstract. You can declare you're doing something that takes 5 minutes, and we resolve it right there. It's relatively easy to just say "okay while you were doing this, this person was doing this for those 5 minutes."

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
My current plan is to respond to xylo posts or player actions that have an impact on me, and otherwise sitting tight. That way xylo can set the pace.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Oh feel free to interact with other players. I can stop people by interrupting them easily if I need to slow the pace, but speeding up the pace is up to y'all.

I'm not going to end the warehouse scene till bell jar gets a chance to declare actions and intentions, but there's plenty of room for your characters to get to know each other or to find out more about your surroundings.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha, this is going to be great. I already love not having any clue what the gently caress's going on with Mills. It's going to suck when school holidays are over and work speeds up and I can't keep F5-ing all day.

E: I never understood why galah is supposed to be an insult, by the way. However many L's you spell it with. Galahs are adorable.

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 11, 2014

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

:boonie:

David looks toward the stage, frowning at the smell of petrol. "Jesus," he thinks. "I'm in Queensland three hours and they're already sniffing bloody petrol."

Boonie misses Hobart.

lmao

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

XyloJW posted:

scruffy old hippies in tie-dye for good measure, awkwardly talking in the center of the room.
---------------------//----------------------
No room for me huh?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cartoon posted:

No room for me huh?

Talking in the centre of the room he said.

Ignem
Oct 30, 2011

I'm getting a real strong American Psycho vibe from Mills at the moment.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha, this is going to be great. I already love not having any clue what the gently caress's going on with Mills. It's going to suck when school holidays are over and work speeds up and I can't keep F5-ing all day.

E: I never understood why galah is supposed to be an insult, by the way. However many L's you spell it with. Galahs are adorable.

It's probably the noise they make which can annoying if there's a whole bunch screeching away.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Cartoon posted:

No room for me huh?

:angel:

Ignem posted:

I'm getting a real strong American Psycho vibe from Mills at the moment.

I'm assuming he's just really goal-oriented and not straight up evil, since I said no evil players!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah he's more Patrick Bateman than Jordan Belfort. Also

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

:boonie:

David looks toward the stage, frowning at the smell of petrol. "Jesus," he thinks. "I'm in Queensland three hours and they're already sniffing bloody petrol."

Boonie misses Hobart.

loving :lol:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

XyloJW posted:

:angel:

I'm assuming he's just really goal-oriented and not straight up evil, since I said no evil players!

And yet you let Mills in the game :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Evil is subjective. I'm a sociopath. That's not evil. Not to me at least. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Mills is playing this exactly how I expected, like a fuckin lunatic

• Locked thread